• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Worst Voice in brawl?

Claymore

Smash Rookie
I will never taunt with Pit. Ever. "Prepare yourself" with Ike is 'okay.' But everything else, fail. I hope his moves sound natural at least, I really liked the V.o. of the Japanese Ike for Aether and his smashes, so hopefully the English one is okay with that, that's what really matters, is being able to stand hearing the attacks you use, I can live without the taunts and just use that one where he goes "Hmph."

Pit seriously wants to make me punch the screen (not really). But it is awful.

Thank god for Snake and David Hayter (phew), probably the only good V.o. in the game at this rate.

ndm508

Smash Journeyman
I'm used to Sonic's voice, and I grew up on the Sonic cartoon. ANYTHING is better then that. Ike's voice is great...the writing is another story...

Metaknight. Well. That was hysterical.

Falco. I was hoping they'd do better then Assault, but what can you do. Same with Fox.

Pit.

I found my punching bag for this game.

Anyways, anyone know any of the other voice actors, or where we can hear them?

sakuraZaKi

The Ultimate Sore Loser ♡
I'm filling in for my mom at the inn we run~
NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
^ It just doesn't feel right. When he says "I fight for my friends" It sounds much too... Pokemon-ish.

The translation isn't quite right either, although its kind of in the same area. It should be saying "I fight for those who I love" or something similar.

Its the exact same quote Roy says in Melee. "Mamori deki mono no tameni, makerarenai!" and a lot of people seem to understand it as "For those I must protect, I cannot lose!", Which in my opinion sounds WAY more badass than "I fight for my friends." They should've at least made it sound good.

ndm508

Smash Journeyman
That sounds like anime dubbing, you ask me, they just need to scrap the phrase. It's just stupid.

Jellybelly

Smash Ace
I can't say that I feel that emotive about the voices.

This isn't a final fantasy game, there aren't any conversations that take place apart from the lylat cruise taunts and the shadow moses codecs.

The voices are a tiny portion of a massive game. It's a very small issue.

sakuraZaKi

The Ultimate Sore Loser ♡
I'm filling in for my mom at the inn we run~
NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
Hmmm, guess so. I mean, the voice isn't at all bad, but like you said, they need to scrap the phrase.

They also need to change the tone as well. I never want to hear Ike say something with that tone... EVER!!!

And Metaknight's... Argh... Pit, thou art be'eth my punching bag'eth

Guess I'll just have to stick with it :( *sigh*

ConeZone

Smash Ace
i would say sonic, he does sound very childish with "your too slow!" it is almost laughable, actually it is i'm laughing right now

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
-Mario sounds great, as always.

-Luigi is just TOO GOOD!

-Bowser sound awsome.

-Peach sounds worse, and Japanese, instead of like a blond-white princess! :laugh:

-Diddy Kong is a living taunt.

-Donkey Kong is pretty good, I suppose.

-Link sounds the same as Twilight Princess=good.

-Zelda sounds a bit better, which is good.

-Sheik sound good.

-Toon Link's voice is top tier material, along with his awsomeness.

-Ganondorf sounds cool, which almost makes up for Ganondorf looking stupid.

-Samus has no voice.

-Zero Suit Samus' voice FITS SAMUS REALLY GOOD! o_O

-Yoshi sounds great as always.

-Kirby sounds good.

-King Dedede sounds good (yae no anime voice! :)).

-If Meta Knight was a Pokémon, he'd evolve into Darth Vader.

-Fox sounds like his Star Fox 64 voice actor, but more nerdy, lol!

-Falco sounds better then Assault. I kinda like his Star Fox 64 voice, but only because of it's arrogant tone. Falco still sounds arrogant, so I think it's good. I think everyone is just overreacting. Seriously, so what if he has a Brooklyn accent? It's better then Fox sounding like a nerd! :laugh:

-Wolf's voice is the second worst. He's a f***ing hillbilly. He should NOT BE IN BRAWL just because of his failure of a voice actor, SERIOUSLY! His voice actor needs to never voice ANY VIDEO GAME CHARACTER EVER AGAIN! Get his British voice actor back from Star fox 64, already. >_>

-Pikachu is the same.

-Jigglypuff has the same ole' charm.

-Lucario's telekenesis voice sounds awsome.

-The Pokémon Trainer's voice actor is okay. Ash's old voice actor WASSSS SOOOOOO much betterrrr then his new voice actor. His old voice actor waS ACTUALLY REALLY GOOD, and heavily underrated!

-Squirtle sounds great, though I wish he said "Squirtle!" more. >_>

-Ivysaur sounds good, but a bit too much like Bulbasaur.

-Charizard sounds spot on, and sounds amazing.

-Ness still doesn't sound the best, but it's okay. His smash 64 voice was much beter.

-Lucas sounds okay. His PK Fire line is a bit annoying, though. He sounds too girl-ish, and not enough like a young boy. He should be more "into" the battle, if you get what I mean.

-Captain Falcon sounds better then Melee, but not too much better. I wish he sounded a bit more like his smash 64 voice actor, though.

-Marth still sounds annoying. I want to smack him for speaking Japanese in a English video game. And his Japanese voice is still gay and sounds like a women, unlike Roy's awsome voice, that sound swift, powerful, and intimidating.

-Ike's lines are crap, but the voice is okay. Very under dramatic, though. Ike's lines on the side taunt sounds almost dead on, though. And his counter and yelling "Aether" and "Greattt Aether!" sound amazing, however.

-The Ice Climber still sound great, and their voices fit. I wish they actually spoke lines, and had a decent voice actor, though. >_>

-Mr. Game and Watch's voice is deh pwnz. By voice, I mean bells! Those things ROCK! :laugh:

-Pit's voice actor has some slightly off lines, but most fit very well. He is overdoen, however.

-Wario's voice is spot on AMAZING! He sounds at his best, BY FAR! His voice actor sounds SIMPLY AMAZING, simply put. Truely one of the best voice acted characters in the game, even without very many lines. And that falling laughing taunt...is f***ing AWSOME! :)

-Captain Olimar (and his Pikmin) have some good sound effects. >_>

-R.O.B. has no voice, but his sound effects are GREAT! :)

-Solid Snake has the best voice actor in the game. PERIOD! NO DEBATES! NO DISCUSSION! IT'S A FACT! ACCEPT IT!

-Sonic has BY FAR THE WORST VOICE ACTOR IN THE GAME! When he says "You're to slow", "Step it up, will Ya'?", etc. he sounds more like Wacko the Clown then Sonic the Hedgehog. Seriously, I pray to f***ing God every night now that in the next Sonic game Sonic goes mute. Let us all pray as hard as we can. We'll probably get it, after we get MOTHER 3...in English...in America...by Nintendo! :laugh:

Among other cameo apperance voice actor'd characters, Shadow is the worst. Tingle is annoying. Lyn sounds a bit disappointing, but still fairly good, I suppose. Samurai Goroh sounds as expected. Krystal sounds good, as always. Slippy sounds like a girl. A little girl. The type who are annoying, never shut up, and you want to slap because all they do is CRY! Peppy has sounded MUCH BETTER (with teh barrel rollz), but he still sounds fairly good. Gray Fox sound exellent. Waluigi sounds hilarious, and like himself, as always. Nintendogs sound like real dogs. Master Hand sounds better then in Melee. Crazy Hand sounds f***ing epic! :)

kr3wman

Smash Master
-Mario sounds great, as always.

-Luigi is just TOO GOOD!

-Bowser sound awsome.

-Peach sounds worse, and Japanese, instead of like a blond-white princess! :laugh:

-Diddy Kong is a living taunt.

-Donkey Kong is pretty good, I suppose.

-Link sounds the same as Twilight Princess=good.

-Zelda sounds a bit better, which is good.

-Sheik sound good.

-Toon Link's voice is top tier material, along with his awsomeness.

-Ganondorf sounds cool, which almost makes up for Ganondorf looking stupid.

-Samus has no voice.

-Zero Suit Samus' voice FITS SAMUS REALLY GOOD! o_O

-Yoshi sounds great as always.

-Kirby sounds good.

-King Dedede sounds good (yae no anime voice! :)).

-If Meta Knight was a Pokémon, he'd evolve into Darth Vader.

-Fox sounds like his Star Fox 64 voice actor, but more nerdy, lol!

-Falco sounds better then Assault. I kinda like his Star Fox 64 voice, but only because of it's arrogant tone. Falco still sounds arrogant, so I think it's good. I think everyone is just overreacting. Seriously, so what if he has a Brooklyn accent? It's better then Fox sounding like a nerd! :laugh:

-Wolf's voice is the second worst. He's a f***ing hillbilly. He should NOT BE IN BRAWL just because of his failure of a voice actor, SERIOUSLY! His voice actor needs to never voice ANY VIDEO GAME CHARACTER EVER AGAIN! Get his British voice actor back from Star fox 64, already. >_>

-Pikachu is the same.

-Jigglypuff has the same ole' charm.

-Lucario's telekenesis voice sounds awsome.

-The Pokémon Trainer's voice actor is okay. Ash's old voice actor WASSSS SOOOOOO much betterrrr then his new voice actor. His old voice actor waS ACTUALLY REALLY GOOD, and heavily underrated!

-Squirtle sounds great, though I wish he said "Squirtle!" more. >_>

-Ivysaur sounds good, but a bit too much like Bulbasaur.

-Charizard sounds spot on, and sounds amazing.

-Ness still doesn't sound the best, but it's okay. His smash 64 voice was much beter.

-Lucas sounds okay. His PK Fire line is a bit annoying, though. He sounds too girl-ish, and not enough like a young boy. He should be more "into" the battle, if you get what I mean.

-Captain Falcon sounds better then Melee, but not too much better. I wish he sounded a bit more like his smash 64 voice actor, though.

-Marth still sounds annoying. I want to smack him for speaking Japanese in a English video game. And his Japanese voice is still gay and sounds like a women, unlike Roy's awsome voice, that sound swift, powerful, and intimidating.

-Ike's lines are crap, but the voice is okay. Very under dramatic, though. Ike's lines on the side taunt sounds almost dead on, though. And his counter and yelling "Aether" and "Greattt Aether!" sound amazing, however.

-The Ice Climber still sound great, and their voices fit. I wish they actually spoke lines, and had a decent voice actor, though. >_>

-Mr. Game and Watch's voice is deh pwnz. By voice, I mean bells! Those things ROCK! :laugh:

-Pit's voice actor has some slightly off lines, but most fit very well. He is overdoen, however.

-Wario's voice is spot on AMAZING! He sounds at his best, BY FAR! His voice actor sounds SIMPLY AMAZING, simply put. Truely one of the best voice acted characters in the game, even without very many lines. And that falling laughing taunt...is f***ing AWSOME! :)

-Captain Olimar (and his Pikmin) have some good sound effects. >_>

-R.O.B. has no voice, but his sound effects are GREAT! :)

-Solid Snake has the best voice actor in the game. PERIOD! NO DEBATES! NO DISCUSSION! IT'S A FACT! ACCEPT IT!

-Sonic has BY FAR THE WORST VOICE ACTOR IN THE GAME! When he says "You're to slow", "Step it up, will Ya'?", etc. he sounds more like Wacko the Clown then Sonic the Hedgehog. Seriously, I pray to f***ing God every night now that in the next Sonic game Sonic goes mute. Let us all pray as hard as we can. We'll probably get it, after we get MOTHER 3...in English...in America...by Nintendo! :laugh:

Among other cameo apperance voice actor'd characters, Shadow is the worst. Tingle is annoying. Lyn sounds a bit disappointing, but still fairly good, I suppose. Samurai Goroh sounds as expected. Krystal sounds good, as always. Slippy sounds like a girl. A little girl. The type who are annoying, never shut up, and you want to slap because all they do is CRY! Peppy has sounded MUCH BETTER (with teh barrel rollz), but he still sounds fairly good. Gray Fox sound exellent. Waluigi sounds hilarious, and like himself, as always. Nintendogs sound like real dogs. Master Hand sounds better then in Melee. Crazy Hand sounds f***ing epic! :)
Most of the voice actors you said were "better" or "worse" are actually the same.

Nobie

Smash Champion
NNID
SDShamshel
3DS FC
2809-8958-8223
Sorry, but the real answer is "Leon Powalski."

Oh my ears.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Pokemon Trainer is... bad. lol

I don't really mind the others, even Sonic.

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace
All of the voices are just fine to me except for one... Wolf. Wolf was NOT made for a Texan accent. D: The other members of Star Wolf don't sound very good either, but mostly Wolf sucks.

"Weeyah gonna have fun wit' this thang!"

XxRaccoonxX

Smash Rookie
I think Pit has the worst...sounds like a manly girl or something 0_o
I have no idea why no one likes Sonic's voice, I'm 99% sure that thats how he has sounded in every game and TV series he's been in.
I'm used to Falco's voice from Star Fox 64 so I don't really like his 'Brooklyn' accent
PT has an annoying voice but I can live with it

What in the heck are you talking about!? Give me one quote that makes Wolf sounds like a hillbilly! Wolf sounds amazing and it matches his character perfectly! I agree his British voice actor would have been cool though.

Razorsaw

Smash Apprentice
I must be the only person who doesn't think Drummond is infinitely better than Griffith.

For the record, I don't think the 4Kids actors are better OR worse than the old actors. Tails at least gets to sound consistent now.

Darkslash

Smash Master
All of the voices are just fine to me except for one... Wolf. Wolf was NOT made for a Texan accent. D: The other members of Star Wolf don't sound very good either, but mostly Wolf sucks.

"Weeyah gonna have fun wit' this thang!"
Wolf sounds more badass with a Texan accent (Chuck Noris any one?)

Plus his VA is infact the same :ohwell: he just changed the accent

Patinator

Smash Champion
I dunno; Wolf's voice could've been better... Maybe darker; give him a sadistic voice. :D

Err, yeah. ^^;

Wolf definately isn't worst, though. The announcer sounds kinda weird, but still, I'd say...

Pit.

Maybe Ganondorf; he sounds too light-voiced for a super evil manly villain. :p

(Since there might've been flaming earlier... No flaming pl0x. D: )

Konuk

Smash Journeyman
Hahah Pit by far in my opinon is the worst sounds more like a Old women of a anime series i cant think of right now XD Btw Marths only japanese becuase he has come out for an america version of his game
Get it right and roys dead get over it :p

Senshuu

Smash Journeyman
Pit's voice is just awful. Like, really bad awful. I don't get how it could be so bad. Everyone else is fine. But not Pit.

Not to mention he gets on your freaking nerves overall.

Sonic sounds...exactly how you'd think he would.

Wolf sounds emotive at least, and that's why I like his voice, if only that. We're gonna have fun with this thing!

Crystallion

Smash Ace
Definitly Pit, no matter how many times I hear him, I just can't get used to it. You know what? I enjoyed his Japanese VA, and even the "nanananana" sound. But his English voice is just...bad. Most other voices seem okay to me.

captainfalconmute

Smash Ace
i hated pits at first, but now im slightly less against it. its not TOO bad, i just hate the things he says. his japanese voice is still miles better though.

sonics is dreadful. he just shouldnt talk at all. ever.

NukeA6

Smash Master
The announcer's voice reminds me of a fat chef with a thick mustache.

japtar10101

Smash Apprentice
Ike's "I fight for my friends" will make his friends sad. He might as well work for the Aperture Science laboratory, where everyone is either mute or deadpan.

But Pit's "victory is ours!!" gets the gold medal. Seriously, how corny is that phrase, not to mention he sounds like he was from the 60s, except...worse?

I'll have to play more to see if Sonic gets platinum medal.

Zyphent

Smash Apprentice
Almost every character in the game has been listen in this thread, maybe they should have all just pulled a Link and not spoken.

I am persoanlly content with; Wolf's, Ganondorf's, Ike's, Marth's, Sonic's, and Pit's, and pretty much everyone except Fox and Falco's new ones.

WeeklyJumpman

Smash Journeyman
I think it's pretty stupid to mock Pit, Sonic, Ike, etc when Peppy's voice takes the cake hands down.
He had one of the most undeniably epic voices of all time in Star Fox 64, and now he's a Bill Clinton knockoff with putrid voice acting skills. I'mean, have any of you heard him yet?

Lyn's "man" voice comes in at a close 2nd, though. She's 15, man! She doesn't take steroids!

The announcer's voice reminds me of a fat chef with a thick mustache.
Just for the record, the announcer on Brawl is the same announcer from the 90s edutainment show,
"Bill Nye the Science Guy". Now that's a scary thought.:lick:
He's better than the Melee one, though. At least he pronounces Mario properly.
I always hated how the Melee announcer said Ma-eeo, and Summus.

As a last note, how can anybody complain about Sonic's voice? I lived through Urkel.:laugh:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Pit is definately first. The Japanese voice is just obnoxious while the English voice sounds like something from the 1980's dub of Akira. After that, I'd say Wolf simply because he went to have a British Accent in SF64, to having a dry and bland voice in Assault, and now he sounds like the Marlboro man. :psycho: Why can't they just pick a (good) voice for him and stick with it?

Top Bottom