• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Worst Voice in brawl?

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Captain Falcon is horrible IMO
"Falcon...PAWWNCH!"
*snaps fingers* "Cuhmown!"

Pit is also pretty bad. Its way too low and lifeless.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Pit is definately first. The Japanese voice is just obnoxious while the English voice sounds like something from the 1980's dub of Akira. After that, I'd say Wolf simply because he went to have a British Accent in SF64, to having a dry and bland voice in Assault, and now he sounds like the Marlboro man. :psycho: Why can't they just pick a (good) voice for him and stick with it?
You think Wolf's is bad? Check out Leon's. WTF were thinking at giving him a voice like that?

Riolu

Smash Apprentice
Dedede. Who thought it was a good idea to give him weird angry sounding grunts?

But Boswer and DK come in for a close second, they don't sound like they did in Melee, and that irritates me a bit.

rove

Smash Apprentice
It's not exactly his voice, but when you use fox and you use his side smash it just sounds horrible.

mariomaster777

Smash Rookie

But Boswer and DK come in for a close second, they don't sound like they did in Melee, and that irritates me a bit.

I couldn't agree with you more. I liked Bowser's voice in Melee so much more than in Brawl.

Additionally, I despise the announcers voice. Why did they change it?

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
Why don't you ask the voice actor/creator of the smash series/creator of Kirby.

I was greatly disappointed with Fox's voice. LANDMASTER sounds like a cry for help, rather than dialogue for a final smash. Pit, Ike, and Wolf are also 'greatly disliked' by myself.

WarxePB

Smash Ace
Someone should make a Brawl hack where Ike has Roy's voice, Pit has his Japanese voice, Sonic has a mishmash of Melee voices and Fox's up taunt says "IT'S OVER 9000!" instead of generic fire noises. Then I would have no qualms with the VO in Brawl.

alchfilosofer

Smash Ace
-Marth still sounds annoying. I want to smack him for speaking Japanese in a English video game. And his Japanese voice is still gay and sounds like a women, unlike Roy's awsome voice, that sound swift, powerful, and intimidating.
Dude, roy's voice actor is a woman (marth is a man who usually voices emo dudes or bishonens whit tons of suffering (Leon magnus/Judas tales of destiny)) and roy also speaks in japanise in the English version of the game. Seriously, why the hell so many roy fans are ******** and marth haters (i mean whit not marth, no roy, ike, lyn, hector, oscar, eliwood, ephiram, sigurd,....).

Also Ike's voice actor gets no sympathy from me
also: "Samus is under PH14R, she sent an emergency directive, JOIN THE PHIGHHHT!!!!!111!!one!"

Bud

Smash Journeyman
PK Fire! PK Fire! PK Fire! PK Fire!PK Fire! PK Fire! PK Fire! PK Fire!PK Fire! PK Fire! PK Fire! PK Fire! .... if you haven't heard this spammed its about as fun to hear as it is to read.

FoolyCoolyGamer

Smash Cadet
Ike's voice really irritates me. I will never understand for the love of me why they didn't keep his voice in japanese like they did with Roy and Marth, I mean it just would've made more sense that way.

orintemple

Smash Lord
Pit's voice is the worst. That being said it also makes it one of the funniest, but this game isn't supposed to be funny.

NiceTry!

Ark098

Smash Cadet
! "YOUR'E not ready yet!" -Pit
2 "I Fight for my fwends" -Ike (what happend to the ballsy japanese "tekagen ****e aru hodo, ore wa amakuwanai")
3 "great paluTAYNAA, victoryisOURS" - pit
dnt get me started on lucario

pit has the same voice actor as rogue the bat.. wtf

love sonics. snakes and the space animals. gold.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Donkey and Diddy have the worst voices. They sound like actual monkeys than their basic Mario series voices.

Yoshi still has his basic voice, so I can't see why those two can't.

Wosie the Slothful

Smash Rookie
@hippochinfat!!: Why did you revive this stupid thread. >_>
Hey, it wasn't stupid... I actually read the entire thread, it made my morning. =D
Like many seem to think, I agree that Pit's voice is the worst. I actually felt a bit sick the first time I heard it, and I feel sorry for people who own the American version, main him and feel the same way about his voice as I do. I'm sorry, but I couldn't stand it myself. Luckily my boyfriend owns the Japanese version in which Pit's voice is actually cute (in my book anyway ;D) which is important for me since Pit's one of my favourite characters. Runner up is Pokémon Trainer. Ugh...
I don't have a problem (at all) with Sonic's voice for some reason. Ike's American voice is dull and very unlike the Japanese voice actor's which I think is awesome. Dai ten kuu!!
Wolf's voice sounds a bit weird and unsuitable, I think, but it's funny at least (unlike Pit's downright nausea-inducing one), so I don't mind it that much.
Best American voice actor: David Hayter. =D

MFZ95

Smash Journeyman
Pit definitely! or maybe Ganondorf,because his voice MUST DIE!

NukeA6

Smash Master
Pokemon Trainer's voice is annoying. He should stay silent like in the Pokemon games.

Fox P McCloud

Smash Apprentice
Diddy: all the monkey noises he makes are really annoying
Fox: Fox's voice has never been the same twice throughout the Star Fox series...they did manage to get Fox's voice actor (from Assault) to do his voice for Brawl, but it just doesn't work....at this point in time Fox is about 30 years old; he's not going to sound like some kid that's in the middle of puberty...his SNES (yes, he spoke in the SNES one) and SF64 voice was best.

Characters who's voices are ok, but their lines/etc are not:

Lucario: Ok voice, but he yells WAY WAY too much...that or he's always talking about "aura".
Pit: Really cheesy lines

Top Bottom