• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WORLD HOBO=Houston,tx=April 10-12th! go to results thread for pics/vids/results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
what if YOU were samus and you got caught under that lava with a varia suit (but not gravity suit) and you were slowly dying while also walking slowly and had a fuzzy visor

HOW WOULD U FEEL

FALL IN U DIE

somethink to think about tonight

ive fell in lava in my dream 3 times before and it felt like goo then i woke up but it didn't hurt

pretty weird

*** u mango

super missiles are nowhere NEAR as gay in brawl as they were in super metroid, i wish the game (brawl) was true to samus's overpoweredness that she was in super metroid :(

∫unk

Smash Master
mm? its easy money im rated 4/10

i know i have one with dmg

i realized last weekend i worsen my tournament play if i just keep playing friendlies in my spare time so like even $1 mm's will work :D

i'm also looking to team with a snake/ddd/rob/mk from texas if possible

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
wow i got *****, i just checked tickets, since i was going to buy today, but $450

edit: this isn't april fools.

i can get a ticket for 280, but i have to leave on tuesday and come in on wednsday...hm

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
i'm not sure, it's depending on whether or not furbs (or somebody else ) can house me an extra day, being monday night, and take me to the airport on tuesday.

i rechecked and i can fly in on thursday for the same price.

i'm never procrastinating again.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Hey guys, I am going to WHOBO with 3 people guaranteed (Myself, Shlike, and Broly)

and two people as maybe's (Vickey and Axel)

We are looking for someone (anyone) who can house 3-5 of us nearby. I have tried Esca and Seiya and it seems both live over an hour away and aren't able to house us either way.

Anyone able to help?

Would be much appreciated, and as a fellow Texan if you guys ever need housing in the RGV (South Texas) for Brawl or any other reason, I will return the favor.

Thank you in advance. Send me a Visitor message but I will try to check here too.

Broly

Smash Lord
It is so god ****ed annoying to be promised housing 4 another big tourny, and be refused just days away from the tourny after we pre-registered for it...it has happened several times in the past where the valley crew has been promised housing just to lose it, because you guys have your mouths on OOS'ers nuts. im sorry if im being a **** or rude, but its stupid to be sleeping in a parking lot, or having to waste food expenses on a cheap room. i heard esca was the one who promised us housing, so if he did, he should allow us in or help us find another place, cuz it is bull****...

Seiya7

Smash Apprentice
sorry guise i rly id try :(

parents seemed to iffy about it n they were like "i thought u were alraedy roomin with other ppl n blah blah blah"

Broly

Smash Lord
idc, bout me ill sleep in car, but my crew needs a place, n its too late to look 4 cheap rms when WHOBO is expensive...

Vorguen

Smash Champion
We still love you for trying anyway Seiya. We know it couldn't work out.

And yeah, with all travelling, tournament fees, and food, it's already a bunch. Add rooming to that, and some of us might need a refund. :/

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
It is so god ****ed annoying to be promised housing 4 another big tourny, and be refused just days away from the tourny after we pre-registered for it...it has happened several times in the past where the valley crew has been promised housing just to lose it, because you guys have your mouths on OOS'ers nuts. im sorry if im being a **** or rude, but its stupid to be sleeping in a parking lot, or having to waste food expenses on a cheap room. i heard esca was the one who promised us housing, so if he did, he should allow us in or help us find another place, cuz it is bull****...
so out of state people should never get priority on housing, even though they'll be spending $250 more than you in flying?

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Ohh MMing my partner (gnes) Mikehaze? Play him first xD

Also, broly.. xyro was asking people if they needed housing, alot. Did you talk with him?

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Broly and I are not complaining because of OOS people or anything. We were promised housing and then they went back on it. Now we don't have enough money to come. I understand that OOS people are investing even more than we are, but it doesn't change the fact that this is an already expensive trip for everyone. And if you want to be specific, then I AM out of state. In fact, I am out of country. I live in Mexico.

@ Jerm

I am the one driving the RGV crew and Broly from Brownsville up to Houston, I was the one taking care of asking around for housing. Since they said we had a place, I assumed that everything was fine. Just recently and last minute they said no, so that is why we are having trouble, because we already relied on the housing that was promised us.

Esca

Smash Champion
Broly, calm the **** down. Here's how things go. When I promised you guys housing, it was 3 months ago. Guess how much I've heard since then? 0.
So, time to stop whining. It isn't hard to fnd a hotel room.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
You should always keep up to date with your housing situation, you can't just assume it will work out. OOS obviously gets priority, they are spending much more money then texans are to get here.

If someone says they will house you, MAKE SURE they don't forget. Find back up housing as well. In the end, it's your responsibility for your own housing. I've travled a TON all over the USA and Texas for tournaments and ALWAYS found housing. That's because I keep in touch with the people housing me.

Popertop

Smash Champion
mm? its easy money im rated 4/10

i know i have one with dmg

i realized last weekend i worsen my tournament play if i just keep playing friendlies in my spare time so like even $1 mm's will work :D

i'm also looking to team with a snake/ddd/rob/mk from texas if possible
lol I also wanna $1 mm your marth lol

I'd team but I dunno.
Depends on team chemistry and if I wanna spend the money and stuff :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

But I would play Rob/mk in teams, or someone special.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Guys guys, dont be so harsh. He didnt keep up or w.e, but that doesnt matter, being negative wont get them housing =/

Vorguen

Smash Champion
I tried to keep up. Esca didn't get AIM, and hardly found him on Smashboards. I called him a few times, a few times he answered.

This includes two profile visitor messages on Feb 12, and March 1st that went unanswered with attempts at conversation about WHOBO / housing.

Again, I have no hard feelings, I am merely addressing the issue since you guys brought it up and Broly got very angry about this.

All I want is housing, I still <3 all of you lol, and I am just trying to prove my point, and I was asked by everyone to do my best to try to figure this out since of the people coming

1- Broly can't get online much

2- Shlike doesn't have a computer

3- Axel doesn't have a smashboards account

So I was basically in charge of this. I started asking around because I wanted housing, not to whine and complain. I don't want to go to a tournament with hard feelings. lol

So the problem is, Broly is angry, and we don't have a place to stay.

And like I stated above, I did my best to try to keep in touch, the touch just wasn't returned. haha

@ Hylian

In my attempt to get back-up housing, I have contacted quite a few people. So yeah, I guess since this is my first time travelling as well as a few of others it didn't occur to us for a while until recently. But yeah, it just hit me a few days ago so that's why I have been actively looking for housing / backup housing.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Guys guys, dont be so harsh. He didnt keep up or w.e, but that doesnt matter, being negative wont get them housing =/
This is true, but broly came out blaming esca and complaining, when they didn't even keep in contact with esca.

Harsh words are met with harsh words. Being civil generally leads you to your goal faster.

Seeing as how dallas has two hotel rooms at a nearbye hotel, and was talking about getting a third, I would PM them and see if they want to get a third room with the valley, to even out some of the 20 people they have while still cutting costs.

That's just me though, if you guys just want to ask for housing here, then good luck.

Oh, and don't expect free housing lol. I'm paying for mine >_>.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Also, I formally apologized for Broly's inflamatory post.

I had nothing to do with that anger, I am just trying to smoothen out the process for 6 of us to go to WHOBO.

<3 you all :)

Maybe Broly will jump in here later on and say April Fools? lol

Esca

Smash Champion
Vorguen and I have made a rough draft of plans to get housing. All is good now.

Broly, I apologize if your aggravated or angry about the whole situation, but it's fixed now and that's another bridge crossed.

So, at our hotel room is FOR SURE

Hylian.
PhantomX.
CY.
Popertop.
Takeurlife.
Esca.
Seiya.
K Prime.
Espy.
GreyFox.
Nike20.

And JERM!

Esca's room=Full.

Broly

Smash Lord
no, idc what ppl think. we'll end up at another parking lot or w/e, cuz the rest of texas always looks down on the valley. its ******** but its just the way it is...if no one comes up w/ housing, thats fine...i just will know how the rest of texas think of the south.

Santi

Smash Lord
If my town could host tournaments.
And people frequently traveled to San Angelo.
no one would be denied.
I would let everyone stay with me .
And if Dojo needed to take some I know for a fact he would.
So don't think all of Texas looks down on the valley because I sure as hell don't.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
no, idc what ppl think. we'll end up at another parking lot or w/e, cuz the rest of texas always looks down on the valley. its ******** but its just the way it is...if no one comes up w/ housing, thats fine...i just will know how the rest of texas think of the south.
This is what I'm talking about.

Blaming others never works out. The situation's being resolved, and I even offered my advice, yet you still have the gull to say something like that?

Most people don't even know who you guys are, why would they look down on you?

Broly

Smash Lord
cuz its been done hylian. you know i dont hold grudges or hate on anyone. im just making a point. it happened in melee with smiles and S.O.S. n now in brawl. i know in hobo 11, Bear had housing for us, in which we declined because we decided to go back to the valley. only time we had housing. n i ask months b4 the tourny.

n i love you to Santi, just blowing off steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom