• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Winterfest: Offical results. IMPORTANT PLEASE READ!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nevershootme

Smash Master
grand total for entering all events (melee and brawl) and door fee applied = $90

grand total for entering SF and tekken with door fee (different fee? on srk it's listed as $10) = $30

yup....... and ya still didn't respond to this, do we need to pay door fee this time to play friendlies (casuals or w/e anyone calls them these days)? previous FG tournies was no charge

Florida Gaming

Smash Journeyman
grand total for entering all events (melee and brawl) and door fee applied = $90

grand total for entering SF and tekken with door fee (different fee? on srk it's listed as $10) = $30

yup....... and ya still didn't respond to this, do we need to pay door fee this time to play friendlies (casuals or w/e anyone calls them these days)? previous FG tournies was no charge
Im sorry nsm but the $20 door fee applies to everyone playing smash this time around because of the venue cost. Street fighter pays less because they will only be there one day. Spectators only pay $5 though.

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
This actually helps. Thanks a lot! Now people can realize thats its the same as all the other ones (I'm assuming the site costs 1.50 for using it or some ****, which is why the wacky numbers are there)
Those wacky numbers in the fee are hilarious. wtf @ $1.24 and $1.36, haha

PS: I understand why they're there, it's just funny to see those numbers

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Florida Gaming, have you read the post I wrote on your wall?

What info do I need to give you so I can get my refund through Paypal?

Florida Gaming

Smash Journeyman
Florida Gaming, have you read the post I wrote on your wall?

What info do I need to give you so I can get my refund through Paypal?
Affinity, I will look up the refund on the registration page and get back to you soon. Thanks for registering anyway. talk to you soon.

Toneh

Smash Lord
Mickey,

As I stated numerous times, the event is larger than we expected. So we had to get a lerger venue, for 3 days. So the original price more than doubled. Thats why the door fee went up. As far as event prices. The reason why those are up is because if we made it, $10 for each person, we wouldnt be able to guarantee the pot prizes that we are giving out now. Next time politely ask whats going on and why prices went up instead of lashing uneccessary words. Im sorry you feel the way you do, and regardless of what price it is you would have spent over $35 at any other tournament, even a local. So you might as well spend ten more and be a part of the best tournament to ever hit Florida. I dont understand how you say financial problems can even relate. Im not trying to be rude but a difference of $10 - $15 dollars. People cant come up with that much money in a month? Thats odd to me. What were you expecting to pay Mickey? Lets work something out to make sure you get here and have a good time.
$35 to 58 is a $23 difference. (with a good way to reduce the door fee before, which could have brought it down to $25'ish). But yea, you wouldn't know ppl changed their minds about goin unless we told you.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Just noticed the location... the date... My family and I were going vacation the weekhend after and...

FFFFFFFFF-
Well good tourney is good. Do it good, Ally.

Florida Gaming

Smash Journeyman
$35 to 58 is a $23 difference. (with a good way to reduce the door fee before, which could have brought it down to $25'ish). But yea, you wouldn't know ppl changed their minds about goin unless we told you.
Radix, its not that you told me. Its how you told me. Your opinion matters, but dont discourage others by bashing. If you feel its too muc for you, then simply say you cant attend. I would have respected that much much more and I would have made sure to arrange something for you to MAKE SURE you can afford to attend the event. Sorry for the remark, but we are working hard over here and I didnt appreciate the bashing and the so called "exposure" of our pricing. No one is ripping anyone off here. Like I said, at the end of the day, we are not doing this for money because we wont make much money here. I hope to see you soon and even meet you in person. Let me know if you are up for attending this historical event.

Thanks,

Todd

Florida Gaming

Smash Journeyman
Thank you Very much to those who registered and those who plan to register! I will try to find something special for everyone who does so!

Florida Gaming

Smash Journeyman
Another thing...

I have sent out a special text message to the smash community. In that text message is a special Promo code that will allow you to receive $5 off any event that you enter when registering for smash. If you would like to receive the code ask around or simply PM me and I will give you the special promo code!

Thanks!

-Spike-

Smash Ace
So if we preregister we may get something special? Plus we get this $5 off too!!! I need the promo code!

BTW:
What do you think this something special will be? lol

Florida Gaming

Smash Journeyman
So if we preregister we may get something special? Plus we get this $5 off too!!! I need the promo code!

BTW:
What do you think this something special will be? lol
Not sure yet, we will have to take some time and think of what we can do!

Frames

DI
fl gaming is thinking of raising da prices, sorry its wat they told me, 30 door fee, 25 for singles and 20 for doubles

also we'll be selling foood there $4 water/coke/sprite $5 hot dog $7 hamburger its food they bring from home

manofgames4555

Smash Journeyman
Wow this is going to be very big...********* placing top 5 (Hopefully). There better be livestream.... -.-

PS. CO18, and Hrnut back me up! ~ Walnut

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
FG, I think I may have found a way to go to this again. Can you hold off on the refund for now?

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
since 09 June. lol **** Americans and their insecureness. Canada doesnt give a ****, they dont even check ur bags when u come back from U.S they just ask u 2 questions, effin U.S make a friggin sherlock holmes interrogation.

OverLade

Smash Hero
since 09 June. lol **** Americans and their insecureness. Canada doesnt give a ****, they dont even check ur bags when u come back from U.S they just ask u 2 questions, effin U.S make a friggin sherlock holmes interrogation.
Unlike us, you guys didnt piss off a bunch of people in the middle east/around the world to make everyone paranoid. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom