• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Winterfest: Offical results. IMPORTANT PLEASE READ!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vericz

Smash Champion

Fixed a number in your quote.

where are we getting $60 from? here look.

original (normal) price for this tourny. $15 door fee, $10 singles, $10 doubles = $35
now: $21.50 + $16.36 + $20 = $57.86. Thats just singles/doubles, not entering both smash games. Alot of ppl play both.

pictures - all those ppl were there bc the prices were reasonable back then, with a legit way of reducing the $10 door fee (bring your setup the same day as the tournament, not wasting time and gas to drop it off 2 days before rofl..)

And like i said before in the other thread

btw, not everyone just "sucks it up and pays". alot of ppl are just not gonna go now.
Im guessing you think this is like a house tournament or something. LIKE I SAID IT NATIONAL. CHILL.

if you dont want to pay then dont, just dont complain about it.

Mickey69

Smash Apprentice
I am not even going to respond to this post. Radiz, I dont know who you are, but you need to crawl under a rock and be quiet.
Im guessing you think this is like a house tournament or something. LIKE I SAID IT NATIONAL. CHILL.

if you dont want to pay then dont, just dont complain about it.
Lol yall just mad cause were actually letting people know you're trying to rip us off thats all. I mean radix did kind of proved you did INTENTIONALLY bent the truth a little to make it seem like its not so much, when it really is... I aint trying to fight but facts are facts.

Fact: I know about 8 people not going because of the price = $-58 x 8 = $-464

Hai Im Fearless

Smash Lord
who the **** do you think you are? I'd like to know who posted the message to radix under Florida Gaming

60 to enter a tournament is whack

how can you tell people to show love when you say **** like "crawl under a rock"?

I'm debating not going to this either.

CO18

Smash Hero
Wow the prices arent going to change LMFAO. wtf, It costs $$$$ to pay for a giant nice *** venue for 3 days seriously. Not gonna get many national tourneys in your own city/state very often and ppl are complaining. If you cant somehow get an extra 15$ in a month and a half, thats unfortunate but dont sit here and complain post after post.

OTRU...

Smash Champion
it seems like im not making it to this either... its mostly brawl either way and cant afford it

unless i can find a teammate who im confortable with for melee, i doubt ill be making this

Loto

Smash Ace
it seems like im not making it to this either... its mostly brawl either way and cant afford it

unless i can find a teammate who im confortable with for melee, i doubt ill be making this
awwww sadface. I'd totally team but dunno if your comfortable with it. looool.

Anyway, days have been asked for off and i'll prob be coming.

ohwow I'm kind of upset at how you guys are replying to people honestly. <_<

(debates)

Oh and I'm glad only top placing players arn't complaining (for a good reason rofl)

nevershootme

Smash Master

Loto

Smash Ace

Florida Gaming

Smash Journeyman
Im sorry, but we are not *****, we are really cool people. but I dont uderstand why people are complaining. We are trying to host a huge tourney for the smash community.

Loto

Smash Ace
Im sorry, but we are not *****, we are really cool people. but I dont uderstand why people are complaining. We are trying to host a huge tourney for the smash community.
I said reply like a ****, honestly the fee's don't really bother me too much but if you hosts are gonna answer good people like that for expressing there opinions then I rather just not be apart of your nice huge tournament. <_<

황미영

Smash Champion
Then don't be ignorant towards others and say something like, "crawl under a rock". That's just rude.

OverLade

Smash Hero
If someone like CO18 or Seibrik had posted that you probably would've bowed down and not been such a douche. Radix is a very good and respected player from CFL, and "be quiet and crawl under a rock" is some disrespectful *** ****. Seriously.

The customer is a always right, and even if you're not going to change anything, then BACK UP your position like CO18 conveniently did for you.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
Just curious, whats the policy on the money back situation, seeing as I already payed for my ticket online :p

not saying im doing it, im just curious.

Shaky

Smash Ace
Is there a price difference between pre-registering online and registering at the tournament?

lw0nderbreadl

Smash Ace
From the look of all the oos, this is gonna be better then fast1. U guys gotta come, man up and rep fl

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
So basically...people are complaining when FAST was more expensive...and the attendance was smaller...and everything was equal (in terms of who is running it)

(FAST1)

$30 for singles
$25 for doubles ($50 a team)
IDK the door fee...10-15 probably

(Winterfest)
$21.50 for singles
$16.36 for doubles (32.72 per team)
$20 door fee

So...yeah? W'hats the problem again?

Florida Gaming, if it is possible, you should make a package for people that want to play all 4 games to make it a little more fair. I mean, combined its only 75.72 (not including door fee, which is basically the same as the FAST package) but let them pay 70 if you can. Not saying its necessary, but it would be nice for those people.

WHY ARE PEOPLE COMPLAINING IF FAST WAS MORE EXPENSIVE? THEY ARE BOTH NATIONAL TOURNAMENTS AND THE BRAWL SCENE HAS INCREASED SO ACTUALLY MORE OOS'ERS AND TOP LEVEL PLAYERS ARE COMING!!!

Also, i don't think you people notice that THE REASON IT IS MORE EXPENSIVE IS BECAUSE THE VENUE WAS SWITCHED TO A BIGGER ONE! THEY NEED THE MONEY TO PAY FOR THE VENUE, AND LEFTOVERS ARE GOING BACK INTO THE ****ING POT! ITS GONNA COME RIGHT BACK TO US (or the people that win at least) IF YOU WON'T WIN, NO JOHNS AND GET BETTER AND DON'T ***** ABOUT A NATIONAL TOURNAMENT WITH NATIONALLY RANKED PEOPLE

Somebody look up other nationals and see their price ranges.

Also, somebody answer shaky. I wanna know if i have to pay more for registering at the door.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
A lot of you guys are being babies about this. Singles should be 15 AT LEAST and doubles 20 a team AT least. FG and others are right. This tourney is a national event and should be treated as one.

Plus look at the payouts. Thats so amazing of them just to do that for us. And the point of going to a tourney is expecting to win which is how money should be spent. You gotta spend money to make money.

I'm still coming to this and hope its a fun trip for me :).

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
A lot of you guys are being babies about this. Singles should be 15 AT LEAST and doubles 20 a team AT least. FG and others are right. This tourney is a national event and should be treated as one.

Plus look at the payouts. Thats so amazing of them just to do that for us. And the point of going to a tourney is expecting to win which is how money should be spent. You gotta spend money to make money.

How much we MMing for?

Loto

Smash Ace
If someone like CO18 or Seibrik had posted that you probably would've bowed down and not been such a douche. Radix is a very good and respected player from CFL, and "be quiet and crawl under a rock" is some disrespectful *** ****. Seriously.

The customer is a always right, and even if you're not going to change anything, then BACK UP your position like CO18 conveniently did for you.
My point exactly. Still prob coming but....still....**** like that annoys the **** outa me.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Whoever I told that I'm teaming with in Melee (If i did tell anybody) Sorry, but i don't think i'm gonna have the money to do it (I don't have a job)

Mickey69

Smash Apprentice

Da Truth...

Edit: WTF I just got 3 stocked by ally =( ^^^

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
That too, since OOC'ers are coming, the extra pot money is replacing their entry fee.

Florida Gaming

Smash Journeyman
Honestly it doesnt metter who posted what. we would just like support and people keep coming to the thread and bashing the prices... for what reason? none at all. I shouldnt have argued with anyone but I felt some one needed to hush the people that were complaining for no reason. ESPECIALLY after the information was clearly posted. SORRY EVRYONE. AND I APOLOGIZE TO RADIX AND ANYONE ELSE WHO FELT OFFENDED.

What would you guys like to see to make sure everyone comes? even those who say they cant afford it? We will make sure everyone comes...

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
I love how people sometiems ***** about how top players will get money blahblah, but usually, UPSETS happens, I placed 9th at AG, did I start *****ing? no, and I lost about 800$ during that trip so stop *****ing, I wouldnt mind paying the entry but heh lol.

nevershootme

Smash Master

there is no hoping, it's guranteed fun because i'm taking u and others for a ride around town (minus disney world or universal studios lol unless u guys insist on going)... but really, u will enjoy my hospitality services :)

PM me when u get the chance for your flight info.

Mickey69

Smash Apprentice
Honestly it doesnt metter who posted what. we would just like support and people keep coming to the thread and bashing the prices... for what reason? none at all. I shouldnt have argued with anyone but I felt some one needed to hush the people that were complaining for no reason. ESPECIALLY after the information was clearly posted. SORRY EVRYONE. AND I APOLOGIZE TO RADIX AND ANYONE ELSE WHO FELT OFFENDED.

What would you guys like to see to make sure everyone comes? even those who say they cant afford it? We will make sure everyone comes...
Dude honestly, you guys just made a really huge price change from what you were originally advertising for and it caught me and many other people off guard. A lot of people were looking froward to this cant because of the price change, they aren't in the financial position to give about 60 bucks to ally m2k etc. I'm just letting you guys know that, no hard feelins...

(Sonic pwns all)

Florida Gaming

Smash Journeyman
Dude honestly, you guys just made a really huge price change from what you were originally advertising for and it caught me and many other people off guard. A lot of people were looking froward to this cant because of the price change, they aren't in the financial position to give about 60 bucks to ally m2k etc. I'm just letting you guys know that, no hard feelins...

(Sonic pwns all)
Mickey,

As I stated numerous times, the event is larger than we expected. So we had to get a lerger venue, for 3 days. So the original price more than doubled. Thats why the door fee went up. As far as event prices. The reason why those are up is because if we made it, $10 for each person, we wouldnt be able to guarantee the pot prizes that we are giving out now. Next time politely ask whats going on and why prices went up instead of lashing uneccessary words. Im sorry you feel the way you do, and regardless of what price it is you would have spent over $35 at any other tournament, even a local. So you might as well spend ten more and be a part of the best tournament to ever hit Florida. I dont understand how you say financial problems can even relate. Im not trying to be rude but a difference of $10 - $15 dollars. People cant come up with that much money in a month? Thats odd to me. What were you expecting to pay Mickey? Lets work something out to make sure you get here and have a good time.

Gindler

Smash Champion
I can understand raising the prices.

But you guys told me the prices have been the same since day one, so I guess that was a lie...to my inquiry not my *****ing

Oh well, if I was running the tourney I probably would've had to raise the prices too otherwise having a crowded hot room...which would make Florida look like a joke...I hope all goes well.

On a side note: radix is awesome.

Mickey69

Smash Apprentice
Mickey,

As I stated numerous times, the event is larger than we expected. So we had to get a lerger venue, for 3 days. So the original price more than doubled. Thats why the door fee went up. As far as event prices. The reason why those are up is because if we made it, $10 for each person, we wouldnt be able to guarantee the pot prizes that we are giving out now. Next time politely ask whats going on and why prices went up instead of lashing uneccessary words. Im sorry you feel the way you do, and regardless of what price it is you would have spent over $35 at any other tournament, even a local. So you might as well spend ten more and be a part of the best tournament to ever hit Florida. I dont understand how you say financial problems can even relate. Im not trying to be rude but a difference of $10 - $15 dollars. People cant come up with that much money in a month? Thats odd to me. What were you expecting to pay Mickey? Lets work something out to make sure you get here and have a good time.
Dude, I was just explainin why I said what I said, you can keep doin what you were doin. 45 bucks can get me singles when 35 could've gotten me both. But I'ma see what I can do...

Florida Gaming

Smash Journeyman
I can understand raising the prices.

But you guys told me the prices have been the same since day one, so I guess that was a lie...to my inquiry not my *****ing

Oh well, if I was running the tourney I probably would've had to raise the prices too otherwise having a crowded hot room...which would make Florida look like a joke...I hope all goes well.

On a side note: radix is awesome.

Sorry about that gindler. I must have mistakenly told you that.

Dude, I was just explainin why I said what I said, you can keep doin what you were doin. 45 bucks can get me singles when 35 could've gotten me both. But I'ma see what I can do...
Ok cool, make sure you let me know soon so i can work something out Mickey.

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=211141
Genesis registration: $55 for both events in one game.

http://pound4registration.weebly.com/index.html
POUND*4, right now, if you register 5 MONTHS after Plank opened registration, one game both events, is $55.

Sorry to say it guys, but $55 is the new standard for big national tournaments. I personally think it's a bit high, but if it delivers a kick *** tournament w/ a nice venue, I'm not gonna complain to the TO's.

However...

http://yfrog.com/18fast1jj <---Screen-cap of my receipt
Pre-registered online, that is the cost for ALL FOUR EVENTS and door fee, (<$63) hella deal, yo! (one game, both events was about $5 less anyway) Get wrecked, late registrants!

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=211141
Genesis registration: $55 for both events in one game.

http://pound4registration.weebly.com/index.html
POUND*4, right now, if you register 5 MONTHS after Plank opened registration, one game both events, is $55.

Sorry to say it guys, but $55 is the new standard for big national tournaments. I personally think it's a bit high, but if it delivers a kick *** tournament w/ a nice venue, I'm not gonna complain to the TO's.

However...

http://yfrog.com/18fast1jj <---Screen-cap of my receipt
Pre-registered online, that is the cost for ALL FOUR EVENTS and door fee, (<$63) hella deal, yo! (one game, both events was about $5 less anyway) Get wrecked, late registrants!
This actually helps. Thanks a lot! Now people can realize thats its the same as all the other ones (I'm assuming the site costs 1.50 for using it or some ****, which is why the wacky numbers are there)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom