• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Winterfest: Offical results. IMPORTANT PLEASE READ!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Florida Gaming

Smash Journeyman
So if we don't pre-register it is still that much at the door?
Not sure yet, we might make the prices higher at the door to give everyone an incentive to register early, I dont undertsnad why its such a big deal for peopel to just pay online. Its faster, easier, and when u arrive you walk up to the desk receive your wristband and u begin smashing. MUCH easier. minus the $1.36 fee, this makes our lives and the smashers lives much easier!

Mickey69

Smash Apprentice
lolololololololololol at these prices... trying to rob us for all our money? So many people aren't even coming anymore cause its so much... Not even national tourneys are this much...

-Spike-

Smash Ace
I wont be attending this anymore. Its just way too much money for me to spend especially around the Holiday time. Im already have sum bills i'm behind on and I kno im gonna be broke from Xmas shopping or need more money for xmas shoppin. So i feel that just saving the $60 dollars I would be spending here is going to be more beneficial. I was really excited for this, but ima have to sit this one out unfortunately. Hopefully there is a stream so I can watch at home.

vericz

Smash Champion
they changed the prices just recently from what they had for the past few months.
$21.50 instead of $10 for singles, $16.36 instead of $10 for doubs, and $15 to $20 for door fee..

If it stays im not entering anymore.

I still may wana MM fatal haha
Since when was this $10 for singles?? National tourney $10 for Singles LOLOLOLOL

you really need to calm down about prices. Understand you are paying for an event that will come probably once a year in Florida. At least you dont have to pay for a flight or hotel. I dont see how $55 for a NATIONAL tournament really bothers you. This isnt a house tournament, this isnt a local lan center tournament. . .

ITS A NATIONAL TOURNAMENT WITH HUNDREDS OF PEOPLE WHO ARE PAYING MORE THAN YOU!!!!!

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
DON'T COMPLAIN ABOUT PRICES!! OMG HAVE YOU SEEN THE PAYOUTS??? THIS IS LIKE THE BIGGEST PRIZES FOR ALMOST ANY FL TOURNAMENT IN THE HISTORY OF THE SMASH SCENE.

if you can't pay it just shut up and pay the door fee. The directors aren't changing ****, especially after people have already registered. This is stickied in TOURNAMENT LISTINGS - meaning the directors can make entrance fee $100 if they want. This aint a PlayNTrade.

nevershootme

Smash Master
still charging door fee just for friendlies or keep it free for this, in previous FG tournies it was no charge to watch and play friendlies. <--- just to make sure since i'm driving players and not sitting there bored out of my mind doing nothing.

Noa.

Smash Master
A month or two ago the total of the door fee and doing only brawl singles was 35. Now it's only 40. I can deal with that. It's only 5 more.

lw0nderbreadl

Smash Ace
For real *****s, I love u all (no yummynbeefy). Yall gotta show up and rep fl. It's only like 5 or 10$ more then b4. I'm not worried bout this cuz I get money all day, everyday,it's all I do. Are u cheap **** tellin me u can't raise 10 more dollars in 1 month? Bust out ur lemonade stands and get to work son

vericz

Smash Champion
For real *****s, I love u all (no yummynbeefy). Yall gotta should up and rep fl. It's only like 5 or 10$ more then b4. I'm not worried bout this cuz I get money all day, everyday,it's all I do. Are u cheap **** tellin me u can't raise 10 more dollars in 1 month? Bust out ur lemonade stands and get to work son

EXACTLY, WTF DO YOU GUYS DO ALL DAY????

Please dont tell me you play that game brawl.....................................................................................

lw0nderbreadl

Smash Ace
I'm sry good sir. I play melee, but I can't compete. I just started playin a couple months ago. Ima beast in brawl. Gimmie time, I'll beast melee 2

Florida Gaming

Smash Journeyman
WOW...

Thats all I can say right now. And after I finishing wowing, I would like to Thank you HBOX and VericZ for defending this soon to be incredible tournament. People are complaing, and we are trying to do something for them! We are not making any money out of this, I dont think you people understand this. This money is not for us. And they payouts are rediculous and they will only get higher.

So you are going to complain about a huge tournament that will only come around once a year, which the last Winterfest was a huge success and now has joined forces with Florida Gaming, which every tournament has had over 100+ entrants every time. I wish you would all stop complaining and show up. I love all you guys and I love the smash community, but its funny how the people that are complaining the most probably arent going to place top 5.

So. come to the event, gain some great experience, see what we can do... which we can do alot, and come have fun at a tourney that will come rarely. And now that Gigabits closed down you guys have even more to be thankful about.

Lets see what we have done in the past...

These are our previous tournaments that are very small compared to this upcoming event. I dont understand how you can complain about $10 when we have smashers coming from all over the country to compete. Please help us out, work with us on the prices and we will make this next tourney bigger than the previous... FLORIDA GET IN HERE AND REPRESENT FOR US AND TELL THEM HOW **** FLORIDA GAMING IS!

Mickey69

Smash Apprentice
10 bucks? dude its bout 60 for everything, you right people are flying in from out of state to come and yes they are in fact paying more. Thats because they have a better chance of winning I know me and a lot of other people who just want to come for a fun tourney and not expecting to place ARE NOT GETTING the 60 bucks back. the 35 dollar price was reasonable but **** dude 60 bucks? Naw, I'm good... trust me I'm far from being the only one who feels like this...

Florida Gaming

Smash Journeyman
10 bucks? dude its bout 60 for everything, you right people are flying in from out of state to come and yes they are in fact paying more. Thats because they have a better chance of winning I know me and a lot of other people who just want to come for a fun tourney and not expecting to place ARE NOT GETTING the 60 bucks back. the 35 dollar price was reasonable but **** dude 60 bucks? Naw, I'm good... trust me I'm far from being the only one who feels like this...

???????????
Where are you getting $60 from? $20 for singles, and $20 door fee. Have you read the post? Choose wisely which event you enter. Paying $60 means you are entering 2 events. Either Melee and Brawl singles or Melee singles and dubs or Brawl singles and dubs. And who is telling you to play all 4 events? who in there right mind would except the top players in the world. Stop complaining and show us some love and support us. What events where you looking to enter?

Ok and lets go by all of our other tournament formats, $10 for singles, $10 for doubles and $10 door fee. So you pay $30 instead of $40 now but u get a chance to play dubs now. I would expect you to support us instead of bash us. Have you been to any of our previous tournaments?

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
i cant go to this anymore,i hit a massive financial setback

if canada ends up driving i can come but atm it doesnt look too good

Toneh

Smash Lord
???????????
Where are you getting $60 from? $20 for singles, and $20 door fee. Have you read the post? Choose wisely which event you enter.

Ok and lets go by all of our other tournament formats, $10 for singles, $10 for doubles and $10 door fee. So you pay $30 instead of $58 now

Fixed a number in your quote.

where are we getting $60 from? here look.

original (normal) price for this tourny. $15 door fee, $10 singles, $10 doubles = $35
now: $21.50 + $16.36 + $20 = $57.86. Thats just singles/doubles, not entering both smash games. Alot of ppl play both.

pictures - all those ppl were there bc the prices were reasonable back then, with a legit way of reducing the $10 door fee (bring your setup the same day as the tournament, not wasting time and gas to drop it off 2 days before rofl..)

And like i said before in the other thread

looking at the schedule, if someone is a melee only player and brings a setup. They drive out on friday, drop off the setup (bad idea). Show up again on saturday to play. Then they are forced to drive back out a 3rd time on sunday when brawl ends just to pick it up, even if they live far or may not have housing. How does that save $ on a door fee? plus its pretty inconvenient
btw, not everyone just "sucks it up and pays". alot of ppl are just not gonna go now.

Florida Gaming

Smash Journeyman
Fixed a number in your quote.

where are we getting $60 from? here look.

original (normal) price for this tourny. $15 door fee, $10 singles, $10 doubles = $35
now: $21.50 + $16.36 + $20 = $57.86. Thats just singles/doubles. Not for entering both smash games. Alot of ppl play both games.

pictures - all those ppl were there bc the prices were reasonable back then, with a legit way of reducing the $10 door fee (bring your setup the same day as the tournament, not wasting time and gas to it off 2 days before rofl..)

And like i said before in the other thread

btw, not everyone just "sucks it up and pays". alot of ppl are just not gonna go now.

I am not even going to respond to this post. Radiz, I dont know who you are, but you need to crawl under a rock and be quiet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom