• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Winter Gamefest - Feat. Mango/M2K/Dr.PP/Zhu/Lucky/Shroomed/Scar/HugS and MANY more

LLDL

Smash Hero
These videos are great. PP's videos are particularly impressive. He's gotten even better since ROM3.

supbro

Smash Cadet
you guys are boring. you watch all these smash vids, you see pp's greatness, and all you have to say is he's great?

well, duh. he knows that.

but he also knows he's not.

hi kevin! we haven't met, but soon. <333

I think he's showing us what falco is really capable of. With great tech skill it's nearly impossible to fight that bird evenly.
doesn't that go for all characters?

Charlie G

Smash Journeyman
With European rules (bo7 in finals) Mango may have won.
well that's a fairly meaningless statement, of course with more matches to be played either could still have won

european rules is clearly better though

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
well that's a fairly meaningless statement, of course with more matches to be played either could still have won
With Falco he seemed to be able to win more matches. Sure a 4-1 comeback is hard, but 3-0 is even harder (wins needed / losses afforded).
Or he could've just stopped playing CF earlier, but it may take 2 matches before realizing a character just doesn't work.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I've been asking for Puff for months now lol. He won't use him on me. Says it's "retired."

I enjoy fighting the spacies enough not to care anymore.

strawhats

Smash Master
lol...when you beat his fox/falco and people start saying at Genesis 2 (Where he'll go MR.TRYHARD MODE ALL TOURNEY) "maybe wit puff, what u scurred pp gonna beat yo puff" then he'll bust out the jiggz. Trust me.

especially if hugo and lucky tell him to go puff

Merkuri

Smash Lord
doesn't that go for all characters?
More so falco than other characters. The most technical fox simply is not as scary as the most technical falco, I think more and more people will come to realize that.

supbro

Smash Cadet
I've been asking for Puff for months now lol. He won't use him on me. Says it's "retired." .
he's threatened by you.

hey, he's threatened by me too! lol

i'm also threatened by you.

the difference is i know the better you are, the better i will be.

mango's insecure that other people will really pass him up. instead of working, he's hiding.

he'll be back.

you already know though, huh? feels like i'm speaking to the choir.

i'm saying this more for the benefit of others than for you! <33333

More so falco than other characters.
prove it

THE RED SPARROW

Smash Lord
If an asteroid fell from the sky and landed on pp mango could have won.
You win. :smash:

The margin of error in those matches were so incredibly low but the advantage each player took of their mistakes were so amazingly high as well. I believe this is the highest level of play we've witnessed since Genesis. Both players were at peak performance and putting their all in.

Doctor PeePee: I'm intrigued, who do you practice with to get to this level?

supbro

Smash Cadet
im watching the GFs now.

what are YOU guys seeing?

i'm seeing that armada, amsah, and all of europe

is better than dr peepee and mango

i think you guys are biased. europe is def better than we are.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Doctor PeePee: I'm intrigued, who do you practice with to get to this level?
I train with my 14 year old brother, Twitch. Aside from that it's just whoever I get to play with on a rather infrequent basis. I do a lot of thinking.

im watching the GFs now.

<3

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
thinking helps...critiquing your own videos helps a lot....however, i think most people who play are too lazy to seriously study to actually get better. Even I only occasionally get in the mood to try to get better. I usually just use smash as a way to relax from hard schoolwork. Still, NC people are lucky. PP is one of the few players who tries to explain and help the poor noobs.

Mario Moonshine

Smash Journeyman
im watching the GFs now.

Armada is overrated, all he does is disrespect floats and waits.

TheSaudiMizer

Smash Journeyman
thinking helps...critiquing your own videos helps a lot....however, i think most people who play are too lazy to seriously study to actually get better. Even I only occasionally get in the mood to try to get better. I usually just use smash as a way to relax from hard schoolwork. Still, NC people are lucky. PP is one of the few players who tries to explain and help the poor noobs.
If by help you mean 4-stock demoralize you then yes.

THE RED SPARROW

Smash Lord
I train with my 14 year old brother, Twitch. Aside from that it's just whoever I get to play with on a rather infrequent basis. I do a lot of thinking.

<3
Ah so you do thought experiments, so basically thinking of the best positioning depending on certain scenarios? I noticed that your approaches and spacing of your aerials are always so safe, as well as your preference to stay low and use U-Tilt rather than combo with an aerial in certain situations.

I'm sure you lil bro is absorbing some of this knowledge as well...

I appreciate the reply.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Ah so you do thought experiments, so basically thinking of the best positioning depending on certain scenarios? I noticed that your approaches and spacing of your aerials are always so safe, as well as your preference to stay low and use U-Tilt rather than combo with an aerial in certain situations.

I'm sure you lil bro is absorbing some of this knowledge as well...

I appreciate the reply.
I used to have a lot of abstract ideas about spacing and how to use moves and all, and once my style came together and I learned more, then I got to apply my thoughts to situations(typically as they occurred in videos since that's the majority of the "variety" I get to experience) like you said. I'm still slow going on some things but it's coming together haha.

He's getting better, yeah. I'll see what I can do with him haha.

No problem. =)

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
This pretty much sums up my opinion.

More than anything, it's the willingness to actually share what he knows at all levels. Most players are just so vague when they talk about the game, but Kevin will actually say directly how the things he's talking about relate to actual game play.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
im watching the GFs now.

We have top players that **** puff.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i think pp and mango really brought back the 'mindgames' aspect from past melee into the metagame. "perfect" play with falco really pressures the opponent into doing defensive stuff, so they both tomahawk ppl a lot when they know they have momentum. LOL.

to anyone who questions mindgames, get @ pp's empty sh utilt.

THE RED SPARROW

Smash Lord
falco's up tilt is the best move in the game.
Up-Tilt is beast. Even Jiggz fear that move. It covers so many options and forces predictable rolls more than any move.

Falco has a ton of safe apparoaches, Bair being the most notable.

Van.

Smash Ace
^ You're saying that running at somebody and then hitting them with a bair while facing forward is asafer approach than nair or dair?

Top Bottom