• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Winter Gamefest - Feat. Mango/M2K/Dr.PP/Zhu/Lucky/Shroomed/Scar/HugS and MANY more

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
If the matchup sucked, mango probably wouldn't have done so well by going 2-2 with PP's falco in the matches he was trying with falcon... >_>

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
Ok the matchup doesn't suck, but it's still in Falco's favor by alot isn't it?
Mango would have winned had he gone Falco, Fox or Marth or atleast I believe he would have done alot better. Don't kill me for saying this, I'm trying to arouse conversation.

jugfingers

Smash Champion
If the matchup sucked, mango probably wouldn't have done so well by going 2-2 with PP's falco in the matches he was trying with falcon... >_>
mango went 2-2 with falcon cause hes ****ing amazing.

any other falcon would have gotten wrecked, keep in mind PP has JV 5 stocked a falcon in tournament.

PP barely beat mango in one match when mango was going falco(mango was basically toying with him, slipped up and pp got a bair to dair gimp) and even in the falco dittos mango was trying risky edgegaurds etc,

anyone who thinks PP is on mangos level is kidding themselves.

not trying to hate on PP I think hes probably 2nd-3rd best in the world.

but mangoes falco is clearly on another level.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
i personally think mango could have easily won the last match on FoD

mango fsmashed (lol?) near the end where he could have uptilted->bair/dair right here and it would have won him the set (or atleast set up an edgeguard) imo. idk why mango fsmashed, i mean he threw all his eggs into that tech read and had it worked he would have won but a simple combo would have done it. maybe he was feeling good cuz he had like 3 reads earlier in the stock so he felt he was in pp's head? idk

anyway, i think mango could have/should have won that set but PP capatilized on his mistake so props nonetheless. not hating or anything, just saying how i feel mang.

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
These are all really unnecessary/meaningless analyses. I understand that because the mistake happened at the end of the match it all of a sudden seems more relevant, but it's like nobody says *anything* about the ridiculous amounts of move choices PP could have done better with. Just as mango could have asily fixed some things... so could PP >_>

PP getting a JV5 on Tubes means pretty much nothing, to be honest, considering the skill difference. Yes mango's amazing, but he *was* trying in that set without question. Yes, mango is on another level. Saying PP is no where near that is entirely false though and really not giving PP ANY credit. Mango is still the best in the world, but mango legitimately lost the match. Also, any other falcon probably *would* have gotten wrecked due to the skill gap... congratulations. There is no falcon on PP's level besides mangos, so it makes sense that he would beat falcons worse than him; awesome argument man.

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
so you're saying you don't think falcon vs falco is a bad matchup for falcon?
I really don't think its nearly as bad as its made out to be. Falco's hits rarely lead directly to death, they just deal a lot of damage with his combos; the potential to die from falcon's combos is absolutely ridiculous, and it has been for years and years. If you watch mango's falcon, he makes a lot of mistakes an actual falcon main wouldn't make in terms of his punishes (getting hits to reverse when he didn't want them to, etc). If falcon is just taking 50/50 guesses (so even if the falcon isn't good at predicting), he can catch a no tech/tech in place with a stomp/knee which against falcon often either leads to a bad offstage position or death. Even if it doesn't, falco at 60-80% is often in kill percent from a single setup. Falco's punishment game deals more damage and is more consistent, but falcons is more lethal for the most part.

THE RED SPARROW

Smash Lord
I really don't think its nearly as bad as its made out to be. Falco's hits rarely lead directly to death, they just deal a lot of damage with his combos; the potential to die from falcon's combos is absolutely ridiculous, and it has been for years and years. If you watch mango's falcon, he makes a lot of mistakes an actual falcon main wouldn't make in terms of his punishes (getting hits to reverse when he didn't want them to, etc). If falcon is just taking 50/50 guesses (so even if the falcon isn't good at predicting), he can catch a no tech/tech in place with a stomp/knee which against falcon often either leads to a bad offstage position or death. Even if it doesn't, falco at 60-80% is often in kill percent from a single setup. Falco's punishment game deals more damage and is more consistent, but falcons is more lethal for the most part.
I think at the highest level of play it's a bad match for Falcon, simply because Falcon has poor defensive options. All of Falcon's gameplan in that match focuses on taking full advantage of Falco's mistakes and tech reading him to a stock kill. This takes considerably more effort than what Falco has to do, which is to force mistakes through pure pressure and spacing into a Shine combo.

Falcon doesn't really have any *real* defensive options versus a Falco that's spacing properly, he can only sit in shield and hope he has a chance of evading before the second wave of Shine-Nair-Shine/ Dairs/ Bairs. If you look at the matchup between Mango's Falcon and PP, even he had to pretty much sit in shield and slowly watch his shield wither away many times.

It's no accident why Mango leveled the playing field when he chose Falco.

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Yeah, something about his falco being several times better than his falcon, along with being a character he is far more familiar with.

Regardless, I'm not trying to imply its even or anything; simply that its not nearly as bad for falcon as its often made out to be.

Jeapie

Smash Journeyman
everyone plays better or worse sometimes.

Lets see if PP can play like he did at Winter Gamefest. If he does..

Pound 5 is going to be even more amazing.

And lets hope Mango will do his best here too

Else he can just say, nah im still the best cause I sandbagged

Afraid to lose the MeleeCrown Mango?

strawhats

Smash Master

lol...that's the thing, mango won't "try" till Genesis 2. Must something about that tournament that gets him hyped up. Oh yeah his last major battle 2 years ago (holy **** it's been that long) against Armada, and the need to protect his home turf, WC.

strawhats

Smash Master

lol...that's the thing, mango won't "try" till Genesis 2. Must something about that tournament that gets him hyped up. Oh yeah his last major battle 2 years ago (holy **** it's been that long) against Armada, and the need to protect his home turf, WC.

Sorry for the doubles post.

Blea Gelo

Smash Lord
if he loses sandbagging or nit, he lost thats how it sould be. if he does not cares anymore, whats the point to have him like first? if he wants to win, then he has to go for it, he may care or not, that depends on him

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
Why does anyone care? Even if he is better, which is most likely the case, he shouldn't be included in any kind of rankings attempt because of his inconsistency.

Top Bottom