• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
I've learned to be untrusting to what people say on random forums. The idea of an MMO shooter is interesting, though. I don't really like the idea of them having a new game every year (if you include expansions) though.

That's because a lot of games people want to see on the N64 were developed by Rare. Since Rare isn't with Nintendo anymore that means copyright disputes.
Not just N64 games, but all virtual console games basically. They constantly add random crab games that no one cares about yet they rarely add good games and they have added even less amounts of good games over the years.

yani

Smash Lord
I've learned to be untrusting to what people say on random forums.
It's a leaked court document, 100% legit. There is another thread that shows that Bungie has banned Valve, Epic, and Gearbox from ever making one of those types of games.

Can't wait for that Nintendo Direct tomorrow :awesome::bee::awesome:

finalark

SNORLAX
Not just N64 games, but all virtual console games basically. They constantly add random crab games that no one cares about yet they rarely add good games and they have added even less amounts of good games over the years.
I think that's because they've already re released every good game that they're allowed to release.

It's a leaked court document, 100% legit. There is another thread that shows that Bungie has banned Valve, Epic, and Gearbox from ever making one of those types of games.
How?

Tell me about it. As much as I like DC Universe Online, I simply can't keep up with constantly paying for subscriptions. But if they ever made a true MMO for Pokémon...
Isn't DCUO free to play now?

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
I think that's because they've already re released every good game that they're allowed to release.

How?

No, they are still missing lots of games, Yoshi's island, Starfox (Snes), Earthound, etc. Even if they have released most of the good games they could still release more instead of releasing random wiiware games that are awful and take up a ton of space usually.

Also, I can't wait for Nintendo Direct as well.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
It is, but the free-to-play status only allows you to create up to 2 characters instead of the standard 6, and it also locks Trophies, so those wanting to get achievements from that game will need to have an active subscription. You're also not able to create your own league (I think), or if you can create your own league, the size of it is very limited. Think of it as more of a trial without it being an actual trial by the strictest definition of the term.

EDIT:
- Goes to the Nintendo Direct link
- Expects to see a stream
- Sees the time of the show is 3pm
- Realizes it's 3pm... Pacific Time.
- My face when... :glare:

finalark

SNORLAX
No, they are still missing lots of games, Yoshi's island, Starfox (Snes), Earthound, etc. Even if they have released most of the good games they could still release more instead of releasing random wiiware games that are awful and take up a ton of space usually.

Also, I can't wait for Nintendo Direct as well.
I see. IDK I wasn't really into Nintendo until Game Cube so just looking over their list of games it seems they have most everything on there.

And they can't release Earthbound on VC due to copyright issues. If Earthbound were to ever be rereleased it would probably be missing several songs. They could replace them with songs from Mother 3 but I don't think Nintendo has realized that yet.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
I'm watching that pre-E3 thing, and I agree that Nintendo definitely tries unique things.

OMG THAT WII U PRO CONTROLLER LOOKS LIKE....A 360 controller...

theeboredone

Smash Legend
It might be comfortable...or it might not be. I'd have to hold it in my hands. The buttons' position seem a bit low. Everything seems clustered together as well. Might be tough with guys who have big hands.

And yeah, it does look like a 360 controller. Fear not though, when nintendo copies other companies, it's A-Okay.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Wii U controller is even larger now.....and that Wii Universe thing sounds annoying as hell, especially since trolls can spam spoilers, hopefully there's an options to turn it off. At least there's that Wii U Pro controller I guess.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Iwata said something about spoilers, but I couldn't understand what he said. There should be an option to turn that off.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Well, that was definitely good. I still wonder if the whole friend code thing will still remain, or if they'll make it less restricting. Overall, I think it was a nice presentation.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Iwata said something about spoilers, but I couldn't understand what he said. There should be an option to turn that off.
He did, but the system for avoiding spoilers needs to be efficient. However, when I'm playing a single player game, I don't want a bunch of mii messages popping up on my screen and I don't want any tips unless I ask for them. If I need a tip, I'll go on a forum and ask for it. Using the Game Pad screen to play Super Mario Bros. looked kinda cool though. Also, the fact that mii messages can pop up on the main menu is kinda annoying, too.

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
I was pretty fond of the presentation. I demand that Pro Controller right now. Could be fun playing Smash with it. I don't know how well Miiverse will go over, though. It could go quite well, or it could be a disaster.

Ecks

Smash Lord
He did, but the system for avoiding spoilers needs to be efficient. However, when I'm playing a single player game, I don't want a bunch of mii messages popping up on my screen and I don't want any tips unless I ask for them. If I need a tip, I'll go on a forum and ask for it. Using the Game Pad screen to play Super Mario Bros. looked kinda cool though. Also, the fact that mii messages can pop up on the main menu is kinda annoying, too.
Haha, my first thought was that it could get annoyingly cluttered with all those messages. I'm getting a strong feeling it will be optional. It's dumb not no, when you think about it.

As for spoilers, I can't even begin to imagine how such a system could be implemented. My first guess is mods, but having mods for each game is just ridiculous.

Thino

Smash Master
eh Nintendo going social now, they better be ready for all the trolls and child predators on the internet.

on the other hand Wii U gamepad looks like it could be comfortable even for games not using any of the capabilities

that classic controller looks sexy too

Ecks

Smash Lord
Mmm... Assuming this controller has about the size and feel of a 360 controller, the dpad and face buttons aren't as cluttered as I first thought.

It wouldn't be surprising if there's an option to turn it off. Otherwise, consumers will have major complaints from the word "go".
Exactly. Even if they don't do it from the get go, they'll eventually have to.

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
eh Nintendo going social now, they better be ready for all the trolls and child predators on the internet.
They've been hiding behind the shield of friend codes for too long. The poor guys. They won't know what hit 'em.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner

on the other hand Wii U gamepad looks like it could be comfortable even for games not using any of the capabilities

that classic controller looks sexy too
I'm sure Nintendo has some sort of system, like security levels and allowing parents to control their child's profile or something. As for the controller, I'm just glad Nintendo thought of such an idea, since I guarantee not everyone's going to want to use the Wii U Pad for every game.
Hey look, the Wii U Pro controller has a charger slot. Perhaps it hooks up to the console itself...? :awesome:
It wouldn't be too farfetched. Actually, I'd be surprised if it doesn't hook up to the console. On second thought, maybe I wouldn't be surprised...

Thino

Smash Master
They've been hiding behind the shield of friend codes for too long. The poor guys. They won't know what hit 'em.
I hope for them that they're ready to moderate all that, or maybe they'll choose the easy way and just won't care at all or not as much about that aspect

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I hope for them that they're ready to moderate all that, or maybe they'll choose the easy way and just won't care at all or not as much about that aspect
Knowing Nintendo, I'm sure they will care. Again, it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to think Nintendo will have some system that allows parents to set up some kind of security setting for their children.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Parental controls will be there for sure. No way would Nintendo allow anybody to just go and make video calls to children.

LLDL

Smash Hero
It's the exact same size and shape as the xbox 360 controller, it doesn't just look like it. I'm betting they put the analog stick above the buttons just so that Microsoft can't hit them with any copyright infringement lol.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I really hope it does, it would make Smash tournaments possible again without Gamecube controllers.
Ahhh, good thinking. It will most certainly relieve the headache from losing battery power, unlike the Wavebirds and those using the Classic Controller.
Parental controls will be there for sure. No way would Nintendo allow anybody to just go and make video calls to children.
My thoughts exactly.

Top Bottom