• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
I disagree, I think that in terms of style Starfox meshes much better with F-Zero.

As far as game play goes none of those games should even touch each other though.
Sure their have been Starfox and F-zero cameos in the games, but Metroid and Starfox at least have something more in common, shooting. F-zero has nothing to do with shooting whatsoever, it's a racing game that's more different than Starfox and Metroid. Also, just look at Starfox adventures, that was a big adventure game(for metroid exploration) plus some on rail flying missions(shooting part). Sure, Metroid and Starfox are still plenty different but I think it could work with Retro working on it.

finalark

SNORLAX
Sure their have been Starfox and F-zero cameos in the games, but Metroid and Starfox at least have something more in common, shooting. F-zero has nothing to do with shooting whatsoever, it's a racing game that's more different than Starfox and Metroid. Also, just look at Starfox adventures, that was a big adventure game(for metroid exploration) plus some on rail flying missions(shooting part). Sure, Metroid and Starfox are still plenty different but I think it could work with Retro working on it.
I still think the idea is ****. Starfox Adventures wasn't even supposed to be a Starfox game to begin with anyway.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Just be grateful it's not something more absurd like a Metroid and Fire Emblem crossover.
Or a 1st person DK game with a Metroid Prime atmosphere. That's what some cynics thought DKCR would be.

A Mario x Metroid game would be pretty bad too, but a Spyro x Dragon Age would make an absurdly hilarious (and embarrassing) parody. Spyro being the next archdemon. Zevran, Hunter and Varric as party members. I could see it now...:awesome:

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
MANY Nintendo games have cameos so it's not even close to a crossover.

And lol at the 1st person DK game.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
Have you guys heard? the Metroid and Starfox crossover game has been comfirmed by the original reporter of the rumor, Paul Gale to NOT BE REAL. It was however proposed at one point though, but never got past the proposal. Well their you have it, Starfox and Metroid crossover won't be happening. I still feel like they are working on a Starfox though.

What do you guys think?

finalark

SNORLAX
Have you guys heard? the Metroid and Starfox crossover game has been comfirmed by the original reporter of the rumor, Paul Gale to NOT BE REAL. It was however proposed at one point though, but never got past the proposal. Well their you have it, Starfox and Metroid crossover won't be happening. I still feel like they are working on a Starfox though.

What do you guys think?
Thank god. It was a terrible idea to begin with.

New Star Fox, though. That could be fun. I'd like it to be like assault but with significantly better ground segments.

wezai

Smash Journeyman
I want a new Metroid game made by Retro. <3

Sadly, Other M didn't amuse me and made me miss the Metroid Prime series developed by Retro Studios. As I said before, Metroid + Retro is the winning formula for Metroid. If they can dedicate themselves to a new Star Fox game as much as they dedicated to MP, then I think I'll be deeply astonished.

As long as they weren't developing a new franchise and Nintendo told them "Hey, let's re-skin everything in it with Star Fox stuff and call that Star Fox Adventures!" *coughs at Nintendo+Rare+Dinosaur Planet*

Anyway, I'm still waiting to see the day that I'll be playing Yoshi's Island in HD for the Wii-U. Please Nintendo, make it happen!

finalark

SNORLAX
I want a new Metroid game made by Retro. <3

Sadly, Other M didn't amuse me and made me miss the Metroid Prime series developed by Retro Studios. As I said before, Metroid + Retro is the winning formula for Metroid. If they can dedicate themselves to a new Star Fox game as much as they dedicated to MP, then I think I'll be deeply astonished.
Rare has proven that they're good at making Metroid games (and I've heard DKCR is fantastic) but I wouldn't want them making Metroid games forever. They're a talented studio and should be given more IPs to work with.

As long as they weren't developing a new franchise and Nintendo told them "Hey, let's re-skin everything in it with Star Fox stuff and call that Star Fox Adventures!" *coughs at Nintendo+Rare+Dinosaur Planet*
Sadly that is more likely than you think since Nintendo likes to rely on IPs they know will sell. Thats why Dinosaur Planet became Star Fox Adventures. And honestly, how often do you see Nintendo trying a new franchise compared to how often they just pump out a new Mario, Zelda or Pokemon game?

Sadly Nintendo is a business and since their goal is to make money they're bound to stick to IPs they know work. And everyone complaining about Nintendo ignoring their older IPs needs to ask themselves if they bought the Punch Out remake.

Anyway, I'm still waiting to see the day that I'll be playing Yoshi's Island in HD for the Wii-U. Please Nintendo, make it happen!
Hopefully we'll get that. But I doubt it, it seems Nintendo is content to just port the games and not touch them. Mario All Stars was pure evidence that Nintendo can just throw a 300MB game on a disk and let nostalgia do the rest.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Ok there's Punch Out, which came out a while ago already and Kid Icarus Uprising what other "old" franchise has Nintendo really revived aside from those two

Not to say Punch Out for the Wii isn't an amazon game though. It was pretty fun the 5 minutes I played it and I love the original Punch Out which I have for my 3DS, I just wished I owned the game though
:phone:

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I seem to be the only person I know who actually likes Other M (well, one friend of mine I know does too, but still). I can go on and analyze why it's worth looking at, but I think I'll save that for another time. My brain isn't all there today. lul

Rare has proven that they're good at making Metroid games (and I've heard DKCR is fantastic) but I wouldn't want them making Metroid games forever. They're a talented studio and should be given more IPs to work with.
I think you meant Retro

Sadly Nintendo is a business and since their goal is to make money they're bound to stick to IPs they know work. And everyone complaining about Nintendo ignoring their older IPs needs to ask themselves if they bought the Punch Out remake.
Agreed. As much as I'd love to see another Earthbound/Mother game for a U.S. release, or another F-Zero, Nintendo will only focus on IPs that sell the most, so Mario, Zelda and Pokémon are their biggest focus.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
Thank god. It was a terrible idea to begin with.

New Star Fox, though. That could be fun. I'd like it to be like assault but with significantly better ground segments.
Same here, I am hoping for great flying segments, and great on foot segments as well, and Online multiplayer. I absolutely loved Assault's multiplayer and so playing something similiar to that would be great to see with 4 player online or even more.

finalark

SNORLAX
Same here, I am hoping for great flying segments, and great on foot segments as well, and Online multiplayer. I absolutely loved Assault's multiplayer and so playing something similiar to that would be great to see with 4 player online or even more.
Four player online? That's thinking small. Try sixteen player online or twenty four player or thirty two player. As long as the ground combat plays like it was made by a studio that knows how to make a shooter and the ****ing blaster isn't OP out the *** it could be great.

I think you meant Retro
DERP.

Agreed. As much as I'd love to see another Earthbound/Mother game for a U.S. release, or another F-Zero, Nintendo will only focus on IPs that sell the most, so Mario, Zelda and Pokémon are their biggest focus.
Exactly. I'd love to see Nintendo go all out and release huge and highly promoted titles based off of all of their franchises back to back in the span of a generation but I doubt we'll see that. I mean, could you imagine how awesome it would be for a Fire Emblem or F-Zero game receiving the the same amount of promotion as a Zelda or Pokemon game?

BSP

Smash Legend
I know right? It's lame because an F-zero game that plays like GX but with online capability would be amazing.

I would definitely go for another MOTHER series game. M3 was great, more music combos please.

BlueSuperSonic1

Smash Journeyman
The thing about another MOTHER game though is that Itoi said he wasn't going to work on another one if I remember correctly, and since MOTHER isn't exactly the most popular series , I doubt Nintendo would look for someone else to make another MOTHER game.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Speaking of Virtual Console, how come there are only 21 N64 games on there?
Good question. A lot of the games I want we'll never get, like Goldeneye, Diddy Kong Racing, Banjo-Kazooie, and others for obvious licensing reasons. While other games, like Quest 64, and Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon will never see a release since they require the Controller Pack to save data, which the Virtual Console cannot emulate.

That said, where the hell is Bomberman 64?!

BSP

Smash Legend
You can get Banjo Kazooie from Microsoft though, so we're not totally out of luck.

I didn't play bomberman 64, but my friend had DS and the download play was awesome.

yani

Smash Lord
As much as I agree with that, here's an article that could explain why we may not get Earthbound on the Virtual Console... among other things:

http://www.nintendo-gamer.net/2012/05/17/six-hard-truths-we-nintendo-fans-dont-like-to-accept/
It's very unfortunate :c. Maybe one day they'll work around the music issue. Probably not though..

Good question. A lot of the games I want we'll never get, like Goldeneye, Diddy Kong Racing, Banjo-Kazooie, and others for obvious licensing reasons.
I'd love to get those games. There was an article in 2009 that said Rare was working on some issues in order to bring Banjo and Perfect Dark to the VC, but I guess it just didn't work out. In a recent Rare Scribes (which is basically a Rare Q&A from the fans) they said their titles are likely to remain Microsoft exclusives, but if there is a ripple in the water they will let us know. So that gives me a pinch of hope.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I'd love to get those games. There was an article in 2009 that said Rare was working on some issues in order to bring Banjo and Perfect Dark to the VC, but I guess it just didn't work out. In a recent Rare Scribes (which is basically a Rare Q&A from the fans) they said their titles are likely to remain Microsoft exclusives, but if there is a ripple in the water they will let us know. So that gives me a pinch of hope.
That does make me hopeful. Still, it's a shame Rare was sold off to Microsoft the way it was. I mean, they were doing great with Nintendo backing them up (not sure about the Star Fox Adventures game though).

Also, let's not forget Bungie. They pretty much stopped making Microsoft-exclusive titles. Granted, they lost Halo (I think), I'm willing to bet they'll come out with a multi-platform title that will bring them back into the limelight.

finalark

SNORLAX
That does make me hopeful. Still, it's a shame Rare was sold off to Microsoft the way it was. I mean, they were doing great with Nintendo backing them up (not sure about the Star Fox Adventures game though).
IMO Star Fox Adventures is actually a pretty decent game if you look at it as its own thing rather than a continuation of Star Fox 64. It wasn't even intended to be a Star Fox game to begin with anyway.

Granted, they Halo (I think)
What?

I'm willing to bet they'll come out with a multi-platform title that will bring them back into the limelight.
Probably. I know they've been working on something since Reach came out. They're known for their shooters (before Halo they made a series of Mac-exclusive FPS' called Marathon) so we'll probably see another shooter from them. Hopefully they'll stick to doing their own thing rather than be like everyone else and try to emulate CoD's game play.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
IMO Star Fox Adventures is actually a pretty decent game if you look at it as its own thing rather than a continuation of Star Fox 64. It wasn't even intended to be a Star Fox game to begin with anyway.
True enough. I do remember my friend buying the game at launch, beating it and getting everything in several hours, and returning it disappointed. Oh well.

I meant to say, "Granted, they lost Halo". I fixed it though, so thanks.

Probably. I know they've been working on something since Reach came out. They're known for their shooters (before Halo they made a series of Mac-exclusive FPS' called Marathon) so we'll probably see another shooter from them. Hopefully they'll stick to doing their own thing rather than be like everyone else and try to emulate CoD's game play.
Yeah, and rumors and speculation are still flying around that Bungie's supposedly working on a "Halo killer". I guess we'll just have to wait and see until they finally reveal what it is they have in store.

yani

Smash Lord
I'd love for Rare to pull a Bungie. One day.. one day...

Anyway, XSEED announced the LE for The Last Story.

It's an art book. Basically, you buy a launch copy, you get the book. It's still priced at $49.99.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Last Story is unfortunately going to be buried underneath all of the Wii U news thats going to be spewed out in a few days. It doesn't help that the Wii is in a slump ether.

yani

Smash Lord
Yeah, and rumors and speculation are still flying around that Bungie's supposedly working on a "Halo killer". I guess we'll just have to wait and see until they finally reveal what it is they have in store.
A court document actually leaked Bungie's future plans. Here's a link to a thread on GAF if you wish to check it out.

Link

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I'd love for Rare to pull a Bungie. One day.. one day...

Anyway, XSEED announced the LE for The Last Story.

It's an art book. Basically, you buy a launch copy, you get the book. It's still priced at $49.99.
Well, I know what I'm getting.
Last Story is unfortunately going to be buried underneath all of the Wii U news thats going to be spewed out in a few days. It doesn't help that the Wii is in a slump ether.
The sad thing is that this is very true. Still, those who care for The Last Story enough will find a reason to fire up their Wiis one more time, right?
A court document actually leaked Bungie's future plans. Here's a link to a thread on GAF if you wish to check it out.

Link
Wow. That... that is just a whole lot to take in. O:

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
VC has been complete fail for years.

Infact, I bought a used N64 off of amazon a year or 2 ago because I knew they would never add games like DK64, Diddy Racing, etc.

finalark

SNORLAX

Link
I've learned to be untrusting to what people say on random forums. The idea of an MMO shooter is interesting, though. I don't really like the idea of them having a new game every year (if you include expansions) though.

VC has been complete fail for years.

Infact, I bought a used N64 off of amazon a year or 2 ago because I knew they would never add games like DK64, Diddy Racing, etc.
That's because a lot of games people want to see on the N64 were developed by Rare. Since Rare isn't with Nintendo anymore that means copyright disputes.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
I've learned to be untrusting to what people say on random forums. The idea of an MMO shooter is interesting, though. I don't really like the idea of them having a new game every year (if you include expansions) though.

That's because a lot of games people want to see on the N64 were developed by Rare. Since Rare isn't with Nintendo anymore that means copyright disputes.
I like Bungie, but I doubt I'll even bother with an MMO shooter. I hate subscriptions for just one game.

finalark

SNORLAX
I like Bungie, but I doubt I'll even bother with an MMO shooter. I hate subscriptions for just one game.
I personally think that the posted linked is kinda sprouting BS. If Bungie left MS because they were tired of making Halo games (which were released with some space between each title) then it wouldn't make sense to sign on for a yearly franchise with Activision.

Top Bottom