• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

M@v

Subarashii!
Im not saying casual games are bad, but what luigitoilet said. I'd walk into a gamestop and look at the wii games and see 95% ****. Even the games that tried to be hardcore(mainly the fps games) all dissapointed me because past the motion control, which usually had a lot left to be desired anyway, they were inferior to the shooters I play on pc in every way, so I couldn't get into them. Rail shooters are a different story. I highly enjoy the rail shooters I've played on wii because it takes all the positives of the wii blaster and none of the negatives.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
☯ Now I might not get Wii U at launch date. )=

☯ Still, I think April is too soon, IMO.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
So, if Skyward Sword is gonna use the Wii mote's motion + thing...what if we don't have that?

☯ I'm going to guess it won't let you pass the intro screen, Red Steel 2 did that. I think Skyward Sword will come with Wiimote Plus.

OmegaXXII

Yea if you saw e3 you would have seen this:

I think it functions the same way as a regular Wiimote but maybe with an added twist? I don't exactly know, but looks interesting though.

:phone:

theeboredone

Smash Legend
If you preorder you get that cool gold wiimote+. If not, well, I'm sure there will be bundle packs...and if not, well, I dunno
Preorder and you get it, or do you get it when you have to go up and buy the game.

Let's just say it's been a real long time since I've "bought" a Wii game.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing: 3911-8817-5521
Mario Kart Wii- 4427-2780-2538
SSBB- 3783-0329-9139

Friend me! NAO!

inferno

EnFuego
BRoomer
I just wana see how they will improve brawl textures like

Melee mario to brawl Maro was really good and wana see how thery would top that.

I just wanna see how they improved on seeing everyone on HD
The characters themselves for the most part I have a hard time imagining they'll get a huge makeover. A lot of them are cartoony. If you get too realistic visually with these characters they might start to look silly. The increased resolution alone will make the game look great on a HD tv. Stage and background events are where I think you'll see the bigger increase in detail.

OmegaXXII

Wow, this thread is pretty much dead.

Any opinion on this? Touchscreen controller is not required.
Funny seeing you here. :awesome:

Anyway, I believe that some games could definitely utilize the touch settings where it would definetly be of an advantage, I personally though all I'm interested in is the ability for live stream settings between players utilizing the Wii-U screen of course, plus voice chat wouldn't hurt anyone. :/

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Well most likely it is dead more or less because they go to the general thread and talk about the new Smash that will come out for the WiiU. I'm sure once future titles are mentions or what ever this thread or new threads will get some attention.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I love Silent Scope, I always go to my arcade to play that there all the time. I **** everybody all the time on that machine. A port/remake/w/e would be pretty sweet for it

OmegaXXII

The problem with Killer Instinct is that it's owned by RARE, a company that's now owned by Microsoft, too bad though, we could have had a bunch of potentially good titles for it including a Perfect Dark game, but hey at least they have Tekken coming so I really can't complain about it.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
The problem with Killer Instinct is that it's owned by RARE, a company that's now owned by Microsoft, too bad though, we could have had a bunch of potentially good titles for it including a Perfect Dark game, but hey at least they have Tekken coming so I really can't complain about it.

Or Goldeneye 007 on the XBLA/PSN. :urg:

D

Deleted member

http://wiiugo.com/nintendo-the-wii-u-will-not-have-the-same-software-problems-as-the-wii/

I thought the Wii was a good system IMO, although considering the horrible drought we're in now, I would take this with a grain of salt. 2011 is a clear example of why Nintendo needs to space out their titles properly.
Well most likely it is dead more or less because they go to the general thread and talk about the new Smash that will come out for the WiiU. I'm sure once future titles are mentions or what ever this thread or new threads will get some attention.
Nope, there has been much discussion about the Wii-U on the SSB4 thread.
Or Goldeneye 007 on the XBLA/PSN. :urg:
Not coming for any systems (The original N64 version). Let's just say Nintendo basically screwed everyone over. We're lucky to have an re imagined version on the Wii.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero

That's sad to hear actually. How long ago did RARE become Mircosoft's? Well we can dream I suppose. It was one of the best fighting games back in the old days. Shoot I remember when they had arcades of that game we had long lines for people to get a turn. Its up to Mircosoft though if they ever bring it back.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
The two brothers that founded the company sold their 51% of the company to Microsoft in 2002 (Nintendo later sold their 49%). From what I understand of the situation they were the creative heart of the company and so Rare's talent kinda left with them.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I heard they have the old games on XBLive, but it was hilarious how they managed to **** up Banjo's appearance.

Yeah, they Perfect Dark, Banjo Kazooie, Banjo-Tooie on the XBLA. (Forgive me if I'm missing any.)

Now all they make are Kinect games. :mad:

Their new logo sucks too. So did Nuts & Bolts. Oh well.

kinghippo99

Smash Lord
I feel as though my Wii and I have a cold relationship. We never caress each other anymore. It's just cold and distant. Hopefully Skyward Sword will rekindle our relationship (for a tiny while) before I break off our relationship for the younger and sexier WiiU.

But seriously, a list of Wii games that I'd like to buy consist of maybe 5 items tops. Is there anything new coming on the horizon? :(

Top Bottom