• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

finalark

SNORLAX

Now this was the greatest controller ever conceived by mankind.

No other controller, not even the Wii U one for sure, will ever be able to surpass how amazing this controller was
A PlayTurn controller?

Or alternatively, a SatStation controller.

finalark

SNORLAX
I dunno I searched up the Sega Saturn controller, this was the first thing that popped up, and I was lazy to not look up the actual controller seeing as this was close enough
Its basically the same things sans the select button and PS logo.

Ironically, the Saturn controller really is the best controller ever made. For 2D games (the Saturn is also the best 2D console ever built, seriously).

finalark

SNORLAX
I also hear it's really good for fighters since the D-Pad was godly and the buttons were so nicely placed
I haven't played any fighters on the Saturn, so I can't confirm this.

The shoulder buttons on the older controllers are horrible, though.

EDIT: The model I'm referring to is this one:

http://www.axess.com/twilight/console/detail/saturn.jpg

EDIT EDIT: According to an interview, there is a possibility that GCN games will be downloadable for the Wii U:

http://www.gamesradar.com/wiiu/wii-...a-20110720164851999061/g-20110608105930363017

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
The N64 controller by design is ok. It's a bit awkward to use but it's not entirely bad. The thing that makes the N64 controller from "ok" to "bad" is the horrible analog stick imo.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Alright guys, let's just leave it at the fact that we all have our favourite controllers.

I expect Wii U discussion after this post.

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
Alright guys, let's just leave it at the fact that we all have our favourite controllers.

I expect Wii U discussion after this post.
Yeah, I just kind of felt like giving my opinion on the N64 controller. I was a bit confused at first; I thought this was the Nintendo 64 thread but now I see it's the Wii U thread lol.

So it's a given that the Gamecube controller won't be supported on the Wii U. Since we're all smashers here, we're worried about what controller we will use for Smash 4. Would people agree that the Wii Classic Controller Pro will be our best bet? I haven't used one before so I can't really give my opinion on whether I think it's good for smash or not.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I wouldn't mind using the classic controller...but it also depends on if they REVAMP the controls for smash games as well. I mean it definitely would be interesting if Mario's fireball would be similar to how you do a Hadouken.

But then again, I need to look at the CC again to see if regular Brawl controls could work.

finalark

SNORLAX
I think I'll be trying the tablet. If that thing ends up being ridiculously uncomfortable I'll switch over to the Classic Controller.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Problem with teh tablet is...let's say there's a smash tournament and assuming Wii U sticks with one tablet per Wii U...who gets to use it?

NTA

Smash Lord
I wouldn't mind using the classic controller...but it also depends on if they REVAMP the controls for smash games as well. I mean it definitely would be interesting if Mario's fireball would be similar to how you do a Hadouken.

But then again, I need to look at the CC again to see if regular Brawl controls could work.
But people not understanding to controls will often do Hadoukens by mistake, would that mean unintentional fireball spam?

NTA

Smash Lord
The amazing joke made the past consoles die. xD

Now that Wii-U is able to download GC games, they mind as well. Hope the download is around 5-10 dollars though. That and have Classic Controller Pro USB.
Didn't know about the downloading GC games part. And they're dropping compatibility with GC controllers?

NTA

Smash Lord
"but a number of the games that were playable on GameCube can be downloaded from WiiWare."
I wonder what would be keeping them from having access to nearly all the GC games. That doesn't sound like too bad of a suggestions.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
"but a number of the games that were playable on GameCube can be downloaded from WiiWare."
I wonder what would be keeping them from having access to nearly all the GC games. That doesn't sound like too bad of a suggestions.
Issues with developers. The question if the game will sell. Why put up a game that may just be on the server and waste space?

D

Deleted member

There seems to be not much news in regards to this console recently. Then again, I've been spending too much of my time on the SSB4 threads, so yeah. I'll get unlazy soon and dig up some news.
What are you guys talking about? The PS2 controller is da best!! :cool:

Meh.. For all I know that bulky looking controller known as the Wii-U could have been a prototype, heck just look at Sony's e3 2005 PS3 controller.
I don't think it's a prototype. It looks like the design is pretty much finished.
Oh god the original Xbox.

That thing was ****ing huge man.
There was a redesign that was much better, The original was certainly unnecessarily bulky.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I meant the original xbox controller BTW.

They made the smaller ones after a while.

The console itself was huge too.

LLDL

Smash Hero
GameCube controllers won't be in this console anymore. But gamecube-like classic controllers can be made. Hopefully
There are already classic controllers shaped like gamecube.

I'm surprised that nobody knows about these. It's the same shaped as normal cube controller and it's interchangeable, so you can swap all of the buttons with your old gamecube controller buttons when you open it up. I have 3, so I have nothing to worry about when Wii U comes out.

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
I think it would be funny if someone made a gif with spongebob asking patrick what the new nintendo system is called through the walkie talkie. Then patrick holding up his holds up his walkie talkie and goes "WIIIII UUUU WIIII UUUU." From the scene where patrick turns on his siren.

Anyway, the finished product is a ways off plenty of time to make redesigns. Definitely Gamecube knock off controllers for the new system will come. As shown the wii already has some, so I don't see why the new system wouldn't either. We just have to hope the quality is good. I am looking forward to it. I hope devs actually care about this system. There is so much potential and it is sad to see it go to waste like it has in the past.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I'm hoping to get a Wii soon. Would anyone recommend any RPG games if there are any?
Hmm. depends what type of RPG's you like, I personally recommend the Fire Emblem series, particulary FE: Path of Radiance for the GNC, its a good game if you are into strategy type of rpg's, but if you're looking to play a more traditional game I would suggest Vahalla Knights for the Wii, it''s also another gmae I highly enjoyed and I would recommend it to anyone who hasn't played it yet.

NTA

Smash Lord
There are already classic controllers shaped like gamecube.

I'm surprised that nobody knows about these. It's the same shaped as normal cube controller and it's interchangeable, so you can swap all of the buttons with your old gamecube controller buttons when you open it up. I have 3, so I have nothing to worry about when Wii U comes out.
Whoa, this changes everything!
I'm definitely gonna get those lol.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
That still requires a wireless connection to a WiiU, which ****s tournies sideways.

USB controllers or GTFO.

NTA

Smash Lord
Hmm. depends what type of RPG's you like, I personally recommend the Fire Emblem series, particulary FE: Path of Radiance for the GNC, its a good game if you are into strategy type of rpg's, but if you're looking to play a more traditional game I would suggest Vahalla Knights for the Wii, it''s also another gmae I highly enjoyed and I would recommend it to anyone who hasn't played it yet.
Yeah, I'm a fan of Fire Emblem :D
I'll check out Vahalla Knights ;)

Thanks for the suggestion theboredone. I might give that a try as well. The cover reminds me of characters from Eureka 7 kind of.

Top Bottom