• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

Segastorm

Smash Apprentice
I do remember seeing it in stores like target one time, but I didn't bother, since I wasn't think about the Wii-U and is non-compatibility with nintendo GCN controllers.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Plus we dont even know what the quality of 3rd party controllers will be like. I hear the current fake gc controllers are terrible in quality

:phone:

theeboredone

Smash Legend
There is a small amount of lag compared to playing with a wired controller. So if you're either used to playing on a wired controller, you might mess up inputs...or the worse one being that when two characters attack at the same time, that wireless controller gets a disadvantage.

I mean...it's how I used to feel whenever I played wifi on an HDTV...and I knew the guy I was playing was using a standard CRT tv =/

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Wireless doesn't work because if you have 500 controllers at a single event, and like 64-128 frequencies for said controllers- plus the complications of synching.... it adds about an hour or two of work to each tournament, and would force a banning of friendlies in the same building to assure no frequency limit bypasses or communication issues.

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
Wireless doesn't work because if you have 500 controllers at a single event, and like 64-128 frequencies for said controllers- plus the complications of synching.... it adds about an hour or two of work to each tournament, and would force a banning of friendlies in the same building to assure no frequency limit bypasses or communication issues.
Yeah, it's pretty much this ^, and the fact that no third party gamecube controller will be up to par with the original.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Pretty sad really IMO, if Nintendo doesn't really come up with a solution Im guessing alot of people will be complaining about such a thing due to the quality of 3rd party controllers, but I'd say a Classic controller pro is just as good I guess.

:phone:

justinrobk

Smash Rookie
Does anyone else use the nun chuck with their right hand and the Wii-mote with their left? I know it's backwards, but for some reason it's always felt more natural for me to use them that way.

finalark

SNORLAX
I really don't Nintendo is going to release wired controllers. As far as they're concerned, the competitive Smash scene doesn't even exist.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Maybe the norm for the Wii U package should be a tablet + classic controller >_>

I really don't Nintendo is going to release wired controllers. As far as they're concerned, the competitive Smash scene doesn't even exist.
Well as people said...USB controllers can prove dividends in terms of battery charge and connectivity.

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
I read somewhere that the tablet is or should be considered to be part of the console itself hence why the Wii U only supports one tablet. I don't think people should look at the tablet and think, "oh, that's a controller"

finalark

SNORLAX
I read somewhere that the tablet is or should be considered to be part of the console itself hence why the Wii U only supports one tablet. I don't think people should look at the tablet and think, "oh, that's a controller"
That's gonna be hard. Given that it controls the on screen action, thus making it a controller.

Ugh, Nintendo and their gimmicky consoles :urg:

finalark

SNORLAX
What's so bad about them

(wow that was fast)
Look at the Wii. At first everyone was like OMG MOTION CONTROLS for about a year then we all went straight back to playing our more traditional consoles. I hate how Nintendo always has to have some sort of device their console revolves around ever since the DS (two screens for the DS, motion controls for the Wii, 3D for the 3DS and the tablet for the Wii U). And frankly, the only time any of these gimmicks have ever enhanced game play was the dual screens on the DS.

I'm sick of Nintendo always having to attach some fad of a gimmick that we'll all get bored of within a year to all of their consoles. If the Wii Me or whatever stupid name they come up with for Gen 9 ends up being a controller with a box and a modem I will applaud them and be excited. Watch, the Wii U is gonna come out and once the novelty of the controller wears off we'll all go back to playing out PS/Xboxes.

finalark

SNORLAX
^ I don't recall there being a fad or gimmick for n64 or GC. Unless I missed something.
I said its been that way since the DS. You missed that bit.

Basically, every Nintendo console from the DS onward has had some sort of gimmick that it revolves around. The Game Cube was the last traditional console Nintendo made.

finalark

SNORLAX
true...the gimmicks have never been too good since the DS, let's hope for a better experience with the Wii-U.
I'm just hoping that the screen ends up enhancing game play for once. If Nintendo does this right it will be widely played and enjoyed like the DS. If they do it wrong then it will end up collecting dust in the corner like the Wii.

finalark

SNORLAX
what!? I won't accept that, someone make a master plan forcing nintendo to do it in a way even subtile to them.
It would be nice to see Nintendo go back to making traditional consoles, but sadly gimmicks have made them a ton of money lately. Unless the 3DS and Wii U are catastrophic failures its not gonna happen.

finalark

SNORLAX
The 3DS seems to be doing well so far....
Too bad the only good games available for it ATM is a port of a fifteen year old N64 game and apparently Dead or Alive according to meta critic.

And everyone I know hasn't touched the damn thing since they first picked it up. And when they do play it its with the 3D turned off.

finalark

SNORLAX
The 3DS is freaking awesome.
I'll wait for a price drop, second model and games I actually want to play. If the Vita ends up being more impressive (it certainly impressed me more than the 3DS did at E3) and having better games I'll probably end up picking up a Vita instead.

Also, not buying the Wii U? Looks like no Smash 4 for you :troll:
Oh well. I can just play it at a friend's house. And it will take more than just the distant promise of Smash 4 to convince me to drop $300 or so on this thing.

Top Bottom