• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii/Wii U

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
No....Smash 4? I'm saving up for that thing. When does it come out again?
Not entirely sure but production starts after Kid Icarus in october I think.

Also, at Comic-Con they had a lounge with all the new games coming out including Skyward Sword and you best believe I played them all! They were all really cool.

finalark

SNORLAX
Nintendo really should start trying to focus on making games that are a part of a series that actually make them money.
Exactly. They continuously pump out Ice Climbers games and we haven't seen a Zelda game in ages despite it being one of their most popular franchises.
/sarcasm

In other words: What are you smoking? Nintendo always makes games based off of their biggest money makers. That's why we see a million Mario and Pokemon games but Pikmin and Eternal Darkness go ignored.

finalark

SNORLAX
uhh....what the hell are you talking about, I haven't seen a single popular franchise game come out within the last month.
Do you know how long it TAKES to make a game? Of course you're not going to get a new LOZ or PKM or Mario EVERY month. We certainly see those guys much more often then we do F-Zero

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Well based on info development of the Wii-U doesn't start out until later on. A lot can change then and people's minds might change as well as far as purchase due to the games coming out or for what ever reasons.

Online wise I just hope Wifi won't be a fail like Brawl was...

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
Well, the reason why Brawl online is so bad is because in Brawl there's a code that makes the game have a minimum of 6 frames of input delay iirc.

What I'd like to see online specifically for Smash is a revamped online and friend system. I felt like Brawl lacked a lot of stuff to do online and if there was things to do, they were limited.

finalark

SNORLAX
A pokemon MMO would be siiiiick.
If Nintendo put out a Pokemon MMO WoW would be done.

Well based on info development of the Wii-U doesn't start out until later on. A lot can change then and people's minds might change as well as far as purchase due to the games coming out or for what ever reasons.
Hopefully we'll see more worthwhile stuff at launch.

Online wise I just hope Wifi won't be a fail like Brawl was...
Thankfully, Nintendo did away with friend codes. Lets just hope it isn't laggy as hell again.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
That and then the very rare cravings to play those 2 minute BBs and TBs to disconnect at stupid times or for no reason because Wifi wanted to be ******** then sending you back to the main menu to reconnect. I'll never forget that one day I wanted to play and I got 3 error messages saying I lost connections to the other players just as I got to the stage select in a row to be brought back to the main menu...

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I'm hoping the Wii-U has better online such as DLC content and such, to be completly honest, it's bad enough that the Wii-U doesn't already support a DVD function, much less Blu- Ray support, the technology is pretty much at least a decade old so I don't really see why it would be an issue, aside from slashing budget costs of course.

Ok, as for the online part, Nintendo definetly needs to have better online support meaning no lag, I believe if it's specifications are higher than those of the PS3 and possibly the 360's I don't see why the Wii-U can't at least be on par with them as far as online goes.

I'm hopeful for Nintendo change, even if it's a so called "gimmicky" system I'll still look forward to any of it's exclusives and of course it's main features such as it's built in screen.

:phone:

finalark

SNORLAX
I'm hoping the Wii has better online such as DLC content and such, to be completly honest, it's bad enough that the Wii-U doesn't already support a DVD function, much less Blu- Ray support, the technology is pretty much at least a decade old so I don't really see why it would be an issue, aside from slashing budget costs of course.
Whats even more stupid is that putting in a DVD player wouldn't raise the price at all, since these days you can get one at Walmart for $20.

Ok, as for the online part, Nintendo definetly needs to have better online support meaning no lag, I believe if it's specifications are higher than those of the PS3 and possibly the 360's I don't see why the Wii-U can't at least be on par with them as far as online goes.
It should be, since they're letting publishers set up their own online.

I'm hopeful for Nintendo change, even if it's a so called "gimmicky" system I'll still look forward to any of it's exclusives and of course it's main features such as it's built in screen.

I just hope I end up actually playing the Wii U rather than have it collect dust.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Sales have been bad and below expectations, what are you talking about?
It's only been out for a few months in NA...give it some time. It was the same with the DS when it launched I think.

Wait till all the games start rolling in. And a price drop. And a 3DS Lite. :cool:

finalark

SNORLAX
Wait till all the games start rolling in. And a price drop. And a 3DS Lite. :cool:
Pretty much. Right now the 3DS doesn't have anything worthwhile on it (you can play OoT on the N64, GCN or Wii) but once better titles are released and the second model is out things will probably pick up speed.

Unless the Vita some how manages to beat the 3DS. But you never know, stranger things have happened.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
If anyone wants my opinion on the 3DS launch, I'm disappointed and I think that Nintendo dropped the ball on it. They should've had a Mario/Zelda game as a launch title like they always do.

finalark

SNORLAX
If anyone wants my opinion on the 3DS launch, I'm disappointed and I think that Nintendo dropped the ball on it. They should've had a Mario/Zelda game as a launch title like they always do.
I personally think they should have waited until summer and used OoT as a launch title.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I personally think they should have waited until summer and used OoT as a launch title.
I agree. And sorry about derailing this thread, I do hope that the Wii U has some good launch titles, a good online system (similar to XBL/PSN) and is priced competitively along the lines of the current generation systems.

If Nintendo can successfully re-target the 'hardcore' audience, I will seriously consider buying a Wii U at launch.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
I will agree it was a bad time to launch it but I'm betting the new games that will come out later on will make up a little for their short comings at launch. Hopefully they won't do the same thing with thr Wii-U when it comes out.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I agree. And sorry about derailing this thread, I do hope that the Wii U has some good launch titles, a good online system (similar to XBL/PSN) and is priced competitively along the lines of the current generation systems.

If Nintendo can successfully re-target the 'hardcore' audience, I will seriously consider buying a Wii U at launch.
I think the price will be pretty competitive. In my opinion, the current PS3 and 360 have several "models" to them, but even the most expensive one will be cheaper than the Wii U.

If the Wii U is the exact same price as the PS3 currently, then holy cow that would be crazy good for them. But that will probably also mean they will be taking a hit on money and relying on games and software to make up for it.

I expect Sony and Microsoft to have a price drop to keep themselves competitive with Wii U.

OmegaXXII

The only game I'm hyped for is That new Tekken game that's been announced, I don't mind paying $60 if it comes down to it.

As for the Wii-U, I would gladly pay up to $500 on launch date, I'm not really concerned about the price but rather it's online settings and such.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
500 bucks for a gimmick console and "old" graphics? No thanks.

With that being said, I doubt it's gonna be that much. No one would buy it. Economy is much worse than it was some 5 years ago.

OmegaXXII

What do you mean by "old"? Please clarify..

As for it being $500, yea I guess it's a bit high but nonetheless even if it is a "gimmicky" console and not traditional enough I'm am still willing to pay that much for it, alot of people may not agree with me but I am actually looking forward to this new style of play, besides, I already own a bunch of traditional consoles, I really wouldn't want another one.

link2702

Smash Champion
if i format it will i also lose my WII shop data? like alll the VC games i've downlaoded ect? and have to buy em allll over again? ._.;

reason i ask is cuz i've found no solutions to my problem to get warioland shake it to work again, and i'm 99% sure that it happened because of the hacks i had on my wii, where i had to change the IOS or w/e its called.

i can't find the original for download anywhere so my only hope at this point(least i hope it will work) is to format my wii and bring it back to factory settings.

but i DEFINATLY don't wanna have to buy all my VC games all over again....

D

Deleted member

The only game I'm hyped for is That new Tekken game that's been announced, I don't mind paying $60 if it comes down to it.

As for the Wii-U, I would gladly pay up to $500 on launch date, I'm not really concerned about the price but rather it's online settings and such.

Honestly, I think $500 is too much for any consoles and the Wii-U will be no exception. The most I can see myself paying for it is $400 max.

Also, only Tekken? Don't lie, I know you can't wait for SSB4.

D

Deleted member

Tell that to Microsoft and Sony. I bought my 360 back in 2007 for $500. :urg:
The most it should have cost you was $400 (Which is IIRC, the most expensive brand they had). Did you get anything else with your Xbox 360? If that, that was definitely a rip-off.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
The most it should have cost you was $400 (Which is IIRC, the most expensive brand they had). Did you get anything else with your Xbox 360? If that, that was definitely a rip-off.
I believe it was $500 here in Canada when it launched.

Pro 360 console 20 GB with a free game.

I hope the Wii U is affordable and not too expensive.

NTA

Smash Lord
I believe it was $500 here in Canada when it launched.

Pro 360 console 20 GB with a free game.

I hope the Wii U is affordable and not too expensive.
I'm hoping it's at least les than $300
When I first noticed the Wii, I think it was at $240 or $245 and then next time I think it dropped $100.

Top Bottom