• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why do Sheik mains suck?

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I don't really recommend it if you don't have a Wii; Wiis are expensive, they're sort of annoying to hack, it can be risky to the Wii (bricking! though I hear it's safer now so you might want to research this or ask Strong Bad or something), and there's some other nonsense.

If you have a really little sibling that doesn't mind learning how to tech, in the absence of a Wii, that might honestly be easier :p

Van.

Smash Ace
I do have a wii, but I share ownership of it ith someone else, so it may be irresponsible of me to risk its utility.

Hm.

Maybe my brother would do it for like 5 dollars an hour or something.

Idk, he's a shrewd little *******.

ZodiakLucien

Smash Ace
lucien would've gotten off on everyone if someone didn't have to be a terrible person and beat him in his worst MU
I lost due to lack of practice, I didn't practice enough for the tournament. All my matches I barely lost, if I practiced a bit more I could of gotten a lot father. Lots of practice never betrays you.

Niko45

Smash Master
Sheik is definitely not for the lazy. Space animals are for the lazy because you have to do the least amount of thinking with them, since you just kinda win if you push the buttons correctly for 3-4 minutes or so.

FlipX

Smash Ace
Do any shiek mains actually like the falcon MU? I personally don't like it as shiek, but all the falcon players complain non stop about it, so I just dont say anything and go fox.

numberonenacho

Smash Lord
;) Dude darkatma, I heard you did hella well in bracket!

Don't sweat it too hard, I am getting oddly better at the sheik matchup. I beat Hoshino Kirby in Japan right before Genesi2, and he's like the campiest sheik I've ever met. I had to play sooo patient.
MM whenever I see you again dude, it was a fun set. =)

~Vish

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
Why sheik mains suck. humm.. maybe it's because sheik players take the character for granted.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
I never liked playing against Falcon either. For all the complaining Falcon mains do, they tend to not mention how they can auto-combo Sheik right back. I think she wins the matchup solidly, but it takes practice and mistakes are costly.

I've been feeling Sheik is kind of in a rut for a while now, though it's not as bad as with Marth. Europe has several Sheiks who perform well, but none of them are beating Armada (PAL Peach is a ****ty matchup though and Armada is ridiculous). There hasn't been a fresh face lately to push Sheik's metagame forward and I'd say it's still riding on Amsah and potentially M2K. Looking forward to seeing Amsah perform in the US again, but I'm kind of pessimistic about the Jiggs matchup.

After several years I finally found the motivation again to improve myself, but I'm still jumping between Sheik and Peach and have a hard time getting past certain limitations. Tech chasing is a little harder in PAL and I don't really know how to perfectly get it down besides playing people a lot and hoping for some kind of breakthrough for consistent payoffs. Even then it's just relying on mistakes the opponent is making and in the long run capitalizing on mistakes will only get you so far. =/

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
I lost due to lack of practice, I didn't practice enough for the tournament. All my matches I barely lost, if I practiced a bit more I could of gotten a lot father. Lots of practice never betrays you.
I hope this proves to be true in the coming months with me moving closer to Taj, Wobbles, Forward (if we can get him to play again), and our local Sheik main :)

Ahhh..... it's going to be a great year!

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I dislike Falcon partially because they all complain about F-tilt but in my experience they're all good at dash dance grabbing it so I dunno.

I don't like F-tilting Falcon anymore unless he's airborne.

His autocombos are kind of annoying.

His edgeguard on Sheik is superb and the only characters that do it better are Jiggs and another Sheik. Being Kneed backwards for like 30 seconds is kind of :urg:

I do the matchup really goofy because I dunno how else to do it. I Nair a lot, even though it's really bad (I love Nair OOS for some reason). And I down tilt a lot. I also like Bair, up tilt, and crouching. I'm bizzaro Sheik though and suck at Fair and f-tilt so you're probably better off asking M2K or something :laugh:

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Dair needs to be used more, so I can support this gif.

Amsah would probably be a lot better vs Falcon if he didn't treat him with so much respect when hitting him and just went for crazy, hysterical nonsense during punishment. But that's not his style.

j00t

Smash Champion
None of them are, really.

People just like to ***** about who has it easier. Even if it's by an unimportant amount. :p
GAME AND WATCH IS SOOOOOOOO HARD TO PLAY WAH WAH WAH FALCO V FOX IS LIKE 80/20 WAH WAH WAH

caps

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
I dislike Falcon partially because they all complain about F-tilt but in my experience they're all good at dash dance grabbing it so I dunno.

I don't like F-tilting Falcon anymore unless he's airborne.

His autocombos are kind of annoying.

His edgeguard on Sheik is superb and the only characters that do it better are Jiggs and another Sheik. Being Kneed backwards for like 30 seconds is kind of :urg:

I do the matchup really goofy because I dunno how else to do it. I Nair a lot, even though it's really bad (I love Nair OOS for some reason). And I down tilt a lot. I also like Bair, up tilt, and crouching. I'm bizzaro Sheik though and suck at Fair and f-tilt so you're probably better off asking M2K or something :laugh:
M2K legitimately destroys Falcon, lol. Armada is also surprisingly knowledgeable on Sheik vs Falcon, his brother Aniolas beat Fuzzyness for a reason. Europe doesn't have Falcons like the US does though. X_X

I think a basic grounded style of tilts and grabs (tech chases on a character like Falcon are relatively easy even in PAL) and being smart on the ledge works best. He should be destroyed whenever you get a grab, lol. Fair is also still a solid move in the matchup, but jumping often seems risky and since you have needles you should just force him to run into your wall of death. :x I think that's key with using ftilt btw, not just throwing it out, but doing it in reaction to his nairs or whatever else he approaches with (usually nair, sometimes dair or shield? grab that ****). He's too fast to pin down, so baiting and responding is much easier IMO. Retreating bair is also good, crouch cancel downsmash is solid vs nair approaches. Hm... but then everyone still sucks at DI'ing his combos, including me. :(

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Of course it does, us second class citizens should band together in this era of space animals and floaty balloons!

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
I have secret techs vs Falcon and Jiggs that I'm not sharing atm =3.

Mainly cuz its not really confirmed if it works. If it does maybe I'll share =3

nicaboy

Smash Champion
FFS

@atama bruh its us man. Unless your name is kirbykaze m2k or amsah I honestly feel its us. Like **** like we dont like *insert match up here* kinda bs.

Personaly I hate fighting samus and ice climbers(kinda) but beside that when I generaly lose i feel like i got out played. We should work on our weaker match ups and I think we be up to par(in terms of placing).

We got this sheik mains we going in baby!

edit

yo you know dan right? A guy you used to play with uses marth? Im training your boy down here lol. He speaks pretty highly of you.

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
Amsah would probably be a lot better vs Falcon if he didn't treat him with so much respect when hitting him and just went for crazy, hysterical nonsense during punishment.
Noted.

But that's not his style.
You're right, it's counter intuitive for me. Doesn't mean I can't do it though.. :redface:
Thanks for the advice.. =]

You should try getting better at the Peach matchup :troll:
I know how to fight Peach, I kinda wish that was the problem..:laugh:

nicaboy

Smash Champion
man dat matchup's a gimme.
Bro I know dont make me feel bad about it :urg:
jp dog but g **** ya man i ****ing feel the advantage and Its really only vs like really good samus players. She is just so weird. But at least im not terrible in it :)

Also I think falcon is ****ing FREE as hell.

And amsah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
players use 40% of their brain playing sheik. It's a lazy habit. and they need to play more active and stop taking the character for granted.

Sheik has easy tech chases e.t.c. so ppl takes the character for granted.

Ministry

Smash Ace
Easy basic tech chases maybe.

but tech chasing isnt easy if they know how to DI dash attack amongst other things.

For falcon matchup, i try to nair in the air and crouch and dtilt alot. i hate ftilt cause u just get grabbed. Also if falcon is standing infront or just spamming moves in place, standing still or charging needles as bait works well.

thats just me.

Top Bottom