• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why do people NOW care about Roy and Mewtwo?

AlexX

Smash Ace
also have played (and still am playing) Fire Emblem III: Monshou no Nazo. Marth's stats are much better than Roy's as he progresses his stats. The problem is that Marth doesn't promote at all due to not being able to promote at that time in Fire Emblem history. In the later games, lords like Hector, Lyn, Ike, etc. outshine and out skill Marth and Roy by a landslide it's not even funny. It's ironic how Marth was more dominant that Roy in Fire Emblem like how he also is with Smash. I will still always prefer a Roy over a Marth any-day.
Marth is rather sucky. If he's turning out well for you you're getting pretty RNG-blessed, because my Marths are always trash and his averages are mediocre at best.

And I know about the other lords; I've played all of the games. >.>

Hey guys, check this out:

[link]

Brightened up my day :)
You do know DLC is impossible, correct? The Wii doesn't have a hard drive, so patching of that magnetude simply can't happen.

Steelia

Smash Champion
You do know DLC is impossible, correct? The Wii doesn't have a hard drive, so patching of that magnetude simply can't happen.
Aha! But if you were to actually WATCH the YouTube video, you would hear the people discussing how we should call Nintendo about Downloadable Content, AND an external harddrive (or something related so to store more Wii memory, as Nintendo's screwing us over with all these great Virtual Console and WiiWare games... but not enough internal memory >( ).

I have given a name for our lost comrades of Melee! I call them the Forgotten Five! We have the Forbidden Seven... Why not the Forgotten Five?
But why the Forgotten Five? People talk about them all the time! That's true... but it is also wrong. These people who talk, is that all they do? Do they send emails? Do they call Nintendo? Do they spread the word to others about how Brawl fails without these characters? Do they sign every petition they can get their hands on? Do they do anything to support the names of these lost characters?
...Didn't think so.
Thus, until the day when people who actually like these characters begin to SUPPORT them properly, they shall remain but as memories to all. Sad, long-gone memories. Forgotten.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I have given a name for our lost comrades of Melee! I call them the Forgotten Five! We have the Forbidden Seven... Why not the Forgotten Five?
But why the Forgotten Five? People talk about them all the time! That's true... but it is also wrong. These people who talk, is that all they do? Do they send emails? Do they call Nintendo? Do they spread the word to others about how Brawl fails without these characters? Do they sign every petition they can get their hands on? Do they do anything to support the names of these lost characters?
...Didn't think so.
Thus, until the day when people who actually like these characters begin to SUPPORT them properly, they shall remain but as memories to all. Sad, long-gone memories. Forgotten.
Sorry, but that was so lame.

LSDX

Wah!
I say we march on down to the good ol' doors of Hal Laboratory Inc. and Sora to play with a little PH13R if you know what I mean...

c wut i did thar....?

LSDX

Wah!
Gee, it sure is enjoyable talking about ROY and MEWTWO in the ROY & MEWTWO discussion thread...

All this trolling occurring is good for the index fingers, sharpens the reflexes for more spammed threads!

Wait, this is a Roy and Mewtwo discussion thread...?

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
Yeah, it seems every other thread is trying to top us...

But seriously, where are the locations of NoA, Hal Laboratory, Sora Inc., and GameFreak?

Steelia

Smash Champion
Sorry, but that was so lame.
Not just lame... so lame. You have broken my spirit. D:

Nah, not really. I was just caught in a moment when I made that. :p
Hmm. Guess we'll have to come up with another name for our cut group of characters...

I say we march on down to the good ol' doors of Hal Laboratory Inc. and Sora to play with a little PH13R if you know what I mean...

c wut i did thar....?
Captain Falcon says: YES.

Captain Falcon hates the thought of being bottom tier, too. Perhaps he should join us and give Sakurai and co. a nice Falcon Punch. :laugh:

...Seriously, though. I really wouldn't mind having a word with a higher up. Granted, I would act nowhere near as immature as I do in the emails... what, with sending large pictures and all... It's best to take on things like that with your head on straight. Go in there ranting and raving at Sakurai and whomever (as tempting as it may be) would only make us Mewtwo & Roy supporters look bad. At least through email it's more anonymous. Face to face? Not so much.

Wow, 35 pages. Lol, this is like a thread for Roy and Mewtwo fans to go crazy in this thread XD.
Make that 39 pages. ;)
This thread has officially been hijacked by the cut character supporters... Of course we'd go crazy here. XP

Tunaria

Smash Rookie
Captain Falcon says: YES.

Captain Falcon hates the thought of being bottom tier, too. Perhaps he should join us and give Sakurai and co. a nice Falcon Punch. :laugh:
Sorry to burst your bubble, but given Captain Falcon's priority, even a scream from Sakurai would probably cancel out his Falcon Punch. :p

...that would be so sad...

Callumm

Smash Rookie
It is my opinion that NO-ONE should be cut from the SSB series. The Pokémon series keeps all the previous gen's pokémon from one game to the next - although some may be unavailable for some time, they always show up in the end. Simply put, people want to use their favourites - what if your favourite is Parasect or Poliwhirl or Mr Mime, rather than the usual Pikachu and Jigglypuff? - you don't want to see them cut, and Game Freak understand this. With the possible exception of Young Link (whose name I think Toon Link should have kept) , all the characters (Mewtwo, Roy, Pichu and Doc) should have returned in this game - if they were unworthy of being in the Smash series, they should have never been put in in the first place. As for the 'Forbidden 7', it is clear that this was originally the intention, but time pressures, Sonic, Ike and Lucario got in the way. We can only hope for a sequel.

Steelia

Smash Champion
It is my opinion that NO-ONE should be cut from the SSB series. The Pokémon series keeps all the previous gen's pokémon from one game to the next - although some may be unavailable for some time, they always show up in the end. Simply put, people want to use their favourites - what if your favourite is Parasect or Poliwhirl or Mr Mime, rather than the usual Pikachu and Jigglypuff? - you don't want to see them cut, and Game Freak understand this. With the possible exception of Young Link (whose name I think Toon Link should have kept) , all the characters (Mewtwo, Roy, Pichu and Doc) should have returned in this game - if they were unworthy of being in the Smash series, they should have never been put in in the first place. As for the 'Forbidden 7', it is clear that this was originally the intention, but time pressures, Sonic, Ike and Lucario got in the way. We can only hope for a sequel.
There will undoubtably be a sequel... What we as fans want is for Brawl to be a better game with those characters. You'd be surprised just how much more positive feedback Brawl would get if just half a dozen more characters were added...
Nintendo's in the works for some kind of extra harddrive, so who knows... Downloadable content is still a pipe dream of sorts, but hey, even SOME pipe dreams can come to be. Nintendo can't ignore the popularity of Smash forever... Someone's got to take note that this game is worth investing a little more in.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
There will undoubtably be a sequel... What we as fans want is for Brawl to be a better game with those characters. You'd be surprised just how much more positive feedback Brawl would get if just half a dozen more characters were added...
Nintendo's in the works for some kind of extra harddrive, so who knows... Downloadable content is still a pipe dream of sorts, but hey, even SOME pipe dreams can come to be. Nintendo can't ignore the popularity of Smash forever... Someone's got to take note that this game is worth investing a little more in.
Brawl is Brawl and won't change (but I think you know that). Nintendo isn't ignoring how popular Smash is
BUT THEY CUTTED MEW2
. I think you'd also be surprised how much more of a reaction people would give if those characters Mewtwo wasn't cut. After all, look at how many people out there are still complaining about it.

*cricket*

io728

Smash Cadet
A small town no one has ever heard of, MN
It is my opinion that NO-ONE should be cut from the SSB series. The Pokémon series keeps all the previous gen's pokémon from one game to the next - although some may be unavailable for some time, they always show up in the end.
I agree with that. But, mew2 should be the only one to complain about. Roy, Dr. M, YLink, and Pichu were clones. YLink was replaced, Dr. M (in my opinion) probably shouldn't of been in there in the first place. Pichu hurt himself with his B-moves. And Roy's inner-sword sweetspot just wasn't all that good. Seriously, just think about it. By the time you get close enought to ss, they should of had time to counter attack, unless they have the reflexes of a sloth. Although if the ss was eliminated, Roy would be FRIKKEN AWESOME. Mew2 should have stayed in, if any of the "Forgotten Five" them got to stay though.
Rez:mewtwo:!!!
:nerd:End Transmission.:nerd:

Puffs

Smash Ace
I liked the idea of a Pikachu that was harder to play as, but packed more punch.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
Some people hate Mewtwo quite fiercely.

I've always wondered how you could hate a Pokemon that didn't say his name over and over, took no crap from the humans, kicked Ash & Co. and Team Rocket's collective arses, wanted to take over the world, and wanted to free all Pokemon from enslavement.

Oh. And also has "Psychic powers!" "...Psychic...powers?..."

kuro06

Smash Cadet

I've always wondered how you could hate a Pokemon that didn't say his name over and over, took no crap from the humans, kicked Ash & Co. and Team Rocket's collective arses, wanted to take over the world, and wanted to free all Pokemon from enslavement.
Because he turned into a P*ssy at the end of the movie so he could "Follow his heart". *Will never forget what he said*, He's not this evil Badass people keep thinking he is...that only lasted for one movie and that was it pretty much.

D

Deleted member

Sakurai said that he disliked clones, yet there are still clones in Brawl... thus, one would inherently presume that other clones would return too. A las, no. Roy was much preferred personally to Marth, but that gap has been filled by Ike. Mewtwo's removal is simply ludicrous, though. He's not a clone, he's an entire character and he's gone. This was probably partly because of meddling by the Pokemon company.

kuro06

Smash Cadet
Sakurai said that he disliked clones, yet there are still clones in Brawl... thus, one would inherently presume that other clones would return too. A las, no. Roy was much preferred personally to Marth, but that gap has been filled by Ike. Mewtwo's removal is simply ludicrous, though. He's not a clone, he's an entire character and he's gone. This was probably partly because of meddling by the Pokemon company.
When did he stated that he dislike clones?

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion

Oh. And also has "Psychic powers!" "...Psychic...powers?..."
Oh so true!!!

Because he turned into a P*ssy at the end of the movie so he could "Follow his heart". *Will never forget what he said*, He's not this evil Badass people keep thinking he is...that only lasted for one movie and that was it pretty much.
That's um, only because Mew poisoned his mind >:l

Meddling by the Pokemon Company??

When did he stated that he dislike clones?
A looong time ago in the Dojo. Why did he remove all the information that USED to be up there anyways?

Steelia

Smash Champion
Hmm. For clones, I could've sworn he said he actually LIKED the idea of clones, because it added more characters in the game. But the only reason he's against it now is because of the vast majority of Smashers who ridicule the cloning concept. I mean, it's true, we can only handle so many Mario's and Link's in a game with the same movesets... That just seems rather lazy.
Though, really, I don't ever complain of clones. Mario's moves in Melee, I could never grasp. Doctor's moves, on the other hand, I worked with perfectly. It's strange.

And yes, Mewtwo being cut is more than likely the work of the Pokemon Company. As Sakurai said in an interview, the Pokemon Company "was especially hard to work with," as they wanted their Pokeys to be treated with respect and be represented accordingly.
Ha.
Ha ha.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
And yes, Mewtwo being cut is more than likely the work of the Pokemon Company. As Sakurai said in an interview, the Pokemon Company "was especially hard to work with," as they wanted their Pokeys to be treated with respect and be represented accordingly.
Ha.
Ha ha.
I know it must of been the Pokemon company that did this but, WHY WOULD THEY FREAKIN TAKE OUT THE ONLY ORIGINAL CHARACTER FROM MELEE THAT WAS MISSING?, sure you might say Lucario, but IMO Lucario ain'nt ****.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
Dude, everyone REMEMBERS him as the evil badass! Especially since it says so in almost EVERY FREAKING POKEDEX. Hell, it's clearly obvious that Melee represented him as a villian.

Besides, he works more like an anti-hero now, so we like him just the same.

He went from being the Darth Vader of Pokemon, and, right at the end of the second movie, he went to being the batman of Pokemon. Not exactly a step down.

kuro06

Smash Cadet
Dude, everyone REMEMBERS him as the evil badass! Especially since it says so in almost EVERY FREAKING POKEDEX. Hell, it's clearly obvious that Melee represented him as a villian.

Besides, he works more like an anti-hero now, so we like him just the same.

He went from being the Darth Vader of Pokemon, and, right at the end of the second movie, he went to being the batman of Pokemon. Not exactly a step down.
Meh...The Pokedex doesn't really say he's Evil..he's more like Ruthless. Point was he was only a villian for a short time and stepped down as the "Anti-Hero" Which isn't good villian material in my eyes. Giovanni had more potential for being a great villian..and if I remember correctly he was the one who wanted to make Mewtwo in the first place.

Anyways, Gamefreak obviously doesn't want anything to do with Gio or Mewtwo anymore they vould have added a story to him in the game or gave him more importance..I mean they brought the legendary birds in Plat. So unless they decide they want to do a new movie with him (Which I doubt will ever happen again) or make him avaliable ingame..Mewtwo isn't coming back.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
I think my logic here is that if he could merit an appearance in Melee, he should return to Brawl. Screw GameFreak's opinion. Character's shouldn't be cut.

Top Bottom