• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why do people NOW care about Roy and Mewtwo?

LSDX

Wah!
I truly want to know where you got the information that no one cared about Roy in melee

I even more want to beat you in brawl!!!
*GASP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*
I love my Roi-Kun! Sure Roy isn't the "best" character, but he's (obviously my main) one of the cooler characters!

Steelia

Smash Champion
I truly want to know where you got the information that no one cared about Roy in melee
Well... if you mean from the higher up sources, never, never, never.
If you mean from somewhere in this forum... I give you about five minutes before you stumble across a Roy hater. :p
Honestly, I don't see what's up with all the hate, really. Roy was stronger, Marth was weaker, but Marth was faster, Roy was slower. I've always preferred the stronger, slower type (Doctor Mario, Ganondorf [Captain Falcon-esque -_- ], Ike, Roy, etc.), just as some people prefer the weaker, swifter types (Pichu, Marth, Fox, Mario, etc.).

Really, I don't care if some characters are clones. To me, it means more characters on the roster, which means more playing time, which means more characters to play as, which means more mains, which is pure awesome.
... :chuckle:

kr3wman

Smash Master
Well... if you mean from the higher up sources, never, never, never.
If you mean from somewhere in this forum... I give you about five minutes before you stumble across a Roy hater. :p
Honestly, I don't see what's up with all the hate, really. Roy was stronger, Marth was weaker, but Marth was faster, Roy was slower. I've always preferred the stronger, slower type (Doctor Mario, Ganondorf [Captain Falcon-esque -_- ], Ike, Roy, etc.), just as some people prefer the weaker, swifter types (Pichu, Marth, Fox, Mario, etc.).

Really, I don't care if some characters are clones. To me, it means more characters on the roster, which means more playing time, which means more characters to play as, which means more mains, which is pure awesome.
... :chuckle:
Marth was Stronger and Faster.

windlessusher

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Hakudamashi
3DS FC
3050-7676-0039
Please use the edit button on your posts instead of making new ones.
I'm starting to think u people don't pay attention to small details.Do you NOT notice the words over the Sonic head?That spells Smash noob?Noob as in I just signed in a few days ago,noob as in I do not know the skillz needed to make this more pleasureable,noob as in I don't know a crapload of stuff!And rubbing it in and making fun of me for it is not cool!(HEY I'm not saying your rubbing it in and making fun of me,I'm saying people who do are serious a.holes!
Oh and sir,what if I want to speak of something off topic from my previous post?

windlessusher

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Hakudamashi
3DS FC
3050-7676-0039
Like right now?

Hey all u ppl,I have ONE question.So that there are no more misunderstandings and unnecessary arguments,are you guys taking this thing SERIOUSLY?Or is this a topic of suggestions?If it's the second one then I can deal with that:)Yup,you'll hear no cussing from me^_^.....ok maybe this once *****

Oh yea and where is GreenKirby?
and where's the complaint thread?XD

LSDX

Wah!
Marth was Stronger and Faster.
You are very true, but Roy has a few things going for him that at least make him viable in some situations. For one he has great CCing which comes in handy with his Dtilt which is used as one of his main combo starters. His DED outmatches Marth's by a landslide, no question. Most of all, he has T3H PH13R!!1!1

cjrocker

Smash Ace
Like right now?

Hey all u ppl,I have ONE question.So that there are no more misunderstandings and unnecessary arguments,are you guys taking this thing SERIOUSLY?Or is this a topic of suggestions?If it's the second one then I can deal with that:)Yup,you'll hear no cussing from me^_^.....ok maybe this once *****

Oh yea and where is GreenKirby?
and where's the complaint thread?XD
Some people are taking this seriously, very seriously. I haven't seen many suggestions here.
The complaint thread was locked because there is nothing to complain about that hasn't been done before.

LSDX

Wah!
Some people are taking this seriously, very seriously. I haven't seen many suggestions here.
The complaint thread was locked because there is nothing to complain about that hasn't been done before.
I was pissed when the complaint thread was closed, that was like my post spammin--er, educational discussed thread on the Brawl boards.

Someone should make a complaint thread complaining about the locking of the complaint thread (c wut i did thar.....).

windlessusher

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Hakudamashi
3DS FC
3050-7676-0039
Well sir,I got something to complain about! I wanna now something right here and now!
WHY DO SOO MANY PPL HATE BRAWL SOO MUCH
Seriously,all over the internet all I hear is
1.*****ing about characters(those taken out and put in)
2.Brawl is too easy
3.Wi-Fi sucks!
Seriously,you guys make it seem like Brawl was just 1 big **** up!And what's more annoying,your already asking for a SMB4(WTF!?It hasn't even been a year yet!)

cjrocker

Smash Ace
Well sir,I got something to complain about! I wanna now something right here and now!
2.Brawl is too easy
3.Wi-Fi sucks!
Seriously,you guys make it seem like Brawl was just 1 big **** up!And what's more annoying,your already asking for a SMB4(WTF!?It hasn't even been a year yet!)
It's not like I don't know where you're coming from.
But you aren't accomplishing anything other than establishing yourself as an idiot with posts like these.

LSDX

Wah!
2.Brawl is too easy
3.Wi-Fi sucks!
This is just my personal opinion, but Brawl miserably fails in comparison as a competitive game compared to Melee (NOT A MELEE VS BRAWL COMMENT). I like Brawl, don't get me wrong. I enjoy Brawl as a casual game, and that's as far as it goes. I could never get competitive with it because of several reasons I shall not list due to people would flame me to hell and back if I posted them. These are my opinions and I am not saying one is better than the other in a whole.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
Back to the topic at hand.

We need drastics measurez.

On a GRAND scale.

We need every fanboy and fan-girl out there to lend a hand.

Otherwise, it's just not gonna be enough.

Please.

PLEASE help out a bit here, wontchya? There is no need for character hate, because EVERY character has a fanbase. I don't want ANY characters cut by SSB4, 'cause that would be single-minded of me. I just want old characters in.

We need people to spam Nintendo with emails. Sign petitions. I know it sounds crude, but it's the power of the internet. If someone actually registers a complaint to Nintendo IN PERSON, then you win infinite high-fives 'cause that would be so absurd it would be awesome.

windlessusher

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Hakudamashi
3DS FC
3050-7676-0039
It's not like I don't know where you're coming from.
But you aren't accomplishing anything other than establishing yourself as an idiot with posts like these.
How many times am I gonna have to post the fact that i'm a what?That's right,a ****ING SMASH N00B!!!!!!!!!GOD WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PPL!!!!!!!??????

windlessusher

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Hakudamashi
3DS FC
3050-7676-0039
This is just my personal opinion, but Brawl miserably fails in comparison as a competitive game compared to Melee (NOT A MELEE VS BRAWL COMMENT). I like Brawl, don't get me wrong. I enjoy Brawl as a casual game, and that's as far as it goes. I could never get competitive with it because of several reasons I shall not list due to people would flame me to hell and back if I posted them. These are my opinions and I am not saying one is better than the other in a whole.
Is it possible for you to pm me those reasons?Cause I'm interested.I just want to see if there are any serious differences that I'm just missing.Don't expect any flaming from me,cause I do respect ppls opinions(unlike MOST PPL!!!!)If I didn't,my little comment with the "I will be hated" thing would be alot longerXD!(And to those who want to be a smartass and flame me for asking,always keep in mind the 2 words over the Sonic icon on the left ^^)

windlessusher

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Hakudamashi
3DS FC
3050-7676-0039
Just keep in mind that if you keep posting stupidly, you won't be able to use that as an excuse for much longer ^^
Kinda figure.So for that NOT to happen,can someone please tell me what you guys mean I'm posting stupidly?

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
Coming in and crashing our party. Using "Smash n00b" as an excuse.

Telling us to "get over it" is like telling fundamentalist Christians to become atheists, only we're not nearly as bad about it as fundamentalist Christians.

windlessusher

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Hakudamashi
3DS FC
3050-7676-0039
Coming in and crashing our party. Using "Smash n00b" as an excuse.

Telling us to "get over it" is like telling fundamentalist Christians to become atheists, only we're not nearly as bad about it as fundamentalist Christians.
.....All I understood is that it's wrong to change topic and use smash n00b as an excuse for being ********

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
If you acted stupid, say sorry. That's it. In fact, I think you already may have...

windlessusher

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Hakudamashi
3DS FC
3050-7676-0039
If you acted stupid, say sorry. That's it. In fact, I think you already may have...
Ok then,I'm sorry for
1.Straying too far from topic
2.Telling you to get over it even though I had a feeling you would care
3.Asking ******** things
4.Acting ******** and using my title as an excuse

Ok.Now with my conscience clear,I'm going to bed.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Back to the topic at hand.

We need drastics measurez.

On a GRAND scale.

We need every fanboy and fan-girl out there to lend a hand.

Otherwise, it's just not gonna be enough.

Please.

PLEASE help out a bit here, wontchya? There is no need for character hate, because EVERY character has a fanbase. I don't want ANY characters cut by SSB4, 'cause that would be single-minded of me. I just want old characters in.

We need people to spam Nintendo with emails. Sign petitions. I know it sounds crude, but it's the power of the internet. If someone actually registers a complaint to Nintendo IN PERSON, then you win infinite high-fives 'cause that would be so absurd it would be awesome.
Already on it, on deviantART, anyway. Been making a picture that I hope will piss off a LOT of people (in the sense that it motivates them in a pissed-off way :p ).
Trust me, I've been doing the emails. Matter of fact, every time I turn on Brawl in the morning, I ALWAYS send a custom picture of Mewtwo (a picture of his trophy, zoomed out, balanced upon the stadium background's pillar... really lonesome).

I don't think e-mailing Nintendo would do any good.
Maybe not from one person. But from many? The masses? How can you ignore an angry mob raising hell outside your window day in and day out, and NOT notice? ;)

kuro06

Smash Cadet
Maybe not from one person. But from many? The masses? How can you ignore an angry mob raising hell outside your window day in and day out, and NOT notice?
Nintendo has with the Mother fans...Well they have noticed them but Reggie is all like "Screw you guys".

Steelia

Smash Champion
Nintendo has with the Mother fans...Well they have noticed them but Reggie is all like "Screw you guys".
Unfortunately, the MOTHER series isn't as big as Smash Bros... Young Link, Pichu, Mewtwo, Doctor Mario, Roy... That hits not only five fanbases, but also spans FOUR franchises (Zelda, Pokemon-Pokemon, Mario and Fire Emblem respectively). There are only so many MOTHER fans... There are a LOT more combined franchise fans for Smash. Consequently, one would expect a lot more complaints flooding in. If it's not about Mewtwo, it's about Roy. If not Roy, Doctor Mario. If not Doc, Young Link. If not Young Link, Pichu. If not Pichu, Mewtwo. Etc., etc.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Maybe not from one person. But from many? The masses? How can you ignore an angry mob raising hell outside your window day in and day out, and NOT notice? ;)
What is Nintendo going to do about it? Try to hunt down Sakurai or Sora or whoever. Nintendo won't care.

And besides, the Pokemon Company seems to have a lot to do with Pokemon characters' inclusion in Smash. You'd have to take it up with them too.

Veil2222

Smash Journeyman
It really upset me that mewtwo wasn't in when I found out Lucario wasn't going to be... you know.. Lucario. Mewtwo never made sense, he had crappy attacks even for pokemons standards, he was a lightweight (wtf?) slow in many aspects, and generally couldn't hold a candle to an effing jiggalypuff (who is still in fro some reason). If lucario was actually a fighting pokemon, and awkwardly slow and floaty, I might like him enough to let go of mewtwo, but because of how badly mewtwo was made to be in melee it just makes me think sakurai was taking a cheapshot at him by intentionally making him suck.

Pokemon trainer doesn't redeem much, and the only pokemon that made it in this game are the ones 6 year olds will recognize so they will buy the game. I like pikachu and all, but he was *never* anywhere near top placement in pokemon for ability.

So yeah, I don't agree with the pokemon selection, I think Sakurai has always unrealistically pandered to kids in his choice of which pokemon to include.

windlessusher

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Hakudamashi
3DS FC
3050-7676-0039
All I can gather is that most people are going with the "You'll never realise what your missing till it's gone(or something like that)"logic

LSDX

Wah!
I know how you all feel. I was pissed when I found out Magikarp wasn't playable. On top of that, it's even worse when they use Goldeen in place of someone who should have it (...Magikarp).

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
You see, the problem is people think DLC is, rock-solid, NOT going to happen.

These people do not understand marketing.

If Nintendo sees money...hell, if Sakurai sees money, they WILL deliver.

You may think Nintendo can just turn to the casual Market...and they can...so there is but but one answer:

We must make like cats and act big.

This goes beyond Mewtwo, you see. It's to stop future characters from getting cut, as well...

windlessusher

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Hakudamashi
3DS FC
3050-7676-0039
Current Petition Signature Total: 77

That's good, but We need MOAR.
You have a petition? for what?Getting characters back?Cause I want Roy back
Roy=1 more Fire Emblem person+1 more fire user=competition for Ike=Videos about Roy vs Ike(Roy wins duh!)=more sword users=Link getting more popular=possible great nintendo swordsmen/women(put in Lyn dammit!)=greater super smash experience ^^.
Where do I sign?

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
You have a petition? for what?Getting characters back?Cause I want Roy back
Roy=1 more Fire Emblem person+1 more fire user=competition for Ike=Videos about Roy vs Ike(Roy wins duh!)=more sword users=Link getting more popular=possible great nintendo swordsmen/women(put in Lyn dammit!)=greater super smash experience ^^.
Where do I sign?
http://www.petitiononline.com/JimMD102/petition.html

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/MeleeVeterantPetition/index.html HOLY **** THIS ONE HAS 281 SIGNATURES. SIGN IT AND EMAIL IT TO NINTENDO NOW.

Top Bottom