• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why do people NOW care about Roy and Mewtwo?

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
People should know why Roy was removed, him being only in Japan also in one game that didn't have too many fans and such. Mewtwo however did have alot of fans and people thought he was going to return, but that didn't come to pass due to some protesters not wanting Mewtwo in Brawl.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Those protesters should realize the ****age they've done.
Of course they don't; bet they're praising their stroking their happy little fanboy ***es about now, saying how THEY got rid of Mewtwo... when, really, it was Sakurai and GAME FREAK's doing for the sake of a modern Pokemon rep (Lucario). Mewtwo WAS going to be the in the game; nothing prevented Sakurai except for perhaps the Pokemon Company, when you think of it. Do you really think Nintendo actually listens to fans in those matters? Where's the Wii's external harddrive? Where's downloadable Brawl content? Hell, where's MOTHER 3 for all the MOTHER fanatics? Nintendo is obviously too high and mighty to "take the fall" for fans.

kuro06 said:
@ Steelia
There is hope but it's slim..I agree and aware that there is a fanbase out there for every character but it never stop Sakurai for cutting them. Doc was one of my favorite characters but he got the boot sadly... . Mewtwo isn't exactly "Heartless" or "Evil" it was only in the anime movie..and he turn sissy at the end. Only evil characters were the Rockets and co. But I think they'll be either events or boss battles next game. I'm just skeptical if a petition will even work since they rarely ever do even with large amount of people. Even of the American fanbase wants Mewtwo back, Sakurai also has to consider Japan first and I haven't heard about him being hugely popular over there. We will see what happen during the years.
Yeah, Doctor Mario was my main in Melee, so I was sad when I heard he was gone (though it was expected)... but he, too, was considered for Brawl, but was cut for who-knows-what reasons. He was a clone that actually worked out very nicely (similar to Roy and Marth).
Actually... with Mewtwo, in the games, his Pokedex entries ALWAYS mention how he was "born without a heart", thus making him "the most ruthless/savage Pokemon of all". I believe that was also noted on his [horrible] Brawl trophy, too. I prefer going by the games... but, like all Pokemon, he got his popularity from the show/movies (Lucario did, Pikachu did, Jigglypuff did, Pichu did, though Pkmn Trainer is the only one who didn't, in a sense).
And as for Sakurai considering Japan... well... yes, that's the only thing that kills us. But Sonic was added in due to high Western influence, why can't he re-add Mewtwo if we say something about it, I figure? :p

Did you really want to wait yet ANOTHER year for the game?
Now that I look back on it, I really wouldn't have mind waiting another year for it, knowing this meant adding more characters, stages, more custom stages options, better online and a BETTER GAME that actually didn't feel RUSHED.

I think it would be rather cool if they just made a Pokemon movie with ALL the legendaries...
I hear that. I'm hoping the 12th movie is going to feature something like that... A pipe dream, but only time will tell. Mewtwo definitely needs to go up against the likes of Arceus, though.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
What baffles me to no end is why Doc wasn't an alternate costume. Seriously. It's a no-brainer.

Tunaria

Smash Rookie
True.
It wouldn't hurt them to at least preserve him as an alternate costume.
Effect differences aside, both uses the same moves although with some cosmetic changes.

LSDX

Wah!
People should know why Roy was removed, him being only in Japan also in one game that didn't have too many fans and such. Mewtwo however did have alot of fans and people thought he was going to return, but that didn't come to pass due to some protesters not wanting Mewtwo in Brawl.
The main reason Roy was removed were the reasons you listed above. On top of that, Roy was only placed in Melee as a form of marketing to advertise his new game in Japan. If you're in America or anywhere else, you could say it was used as a way to convey the idea of Fire Emblem coming to the west and other countries. Neither Roy or Marth have appeared in an American Fire Emblem save for Fire Emblem 7 (Fire Emblem [U.S. name]) where Roy was featured as a young boy.

Sadly no, I do not believe Roy will be making a return in the Smash Franchise because of all the reasons Viper and myself have stated. Myself being an advid Fire Emblem fan, I did find it enjoyable that my favorite FE lord made it into the Smash Bros. Franchise, maybe by a stroke of luck we'll see him again in future installments. ^_^

On a side note, I find it somewhat strange they would release a prequel and not release the game that follows story afterwards (Fire Emblem 6: Fuin no Tsugugi).

felix0-9

Smash Cadet
that really hurt. I mained both roy and mewtwo. i was practically bleeding out my eyes when i heard neither would make it back.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
that really hurt. I mained both roy and mewtwo. i was practically bleeding out my eyes when i heard neither would make it back.
See what I mean? some people mained BOTH! How would YOU like to get shafted like that, huh? If you don't, I suggest we teach Sakurai and Nintendo a lesson! We need to make them KNOW they made a bad move to protect future generations!

windlessusher

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Hakudamashi
3DS FC
3050-7676-0039
Here's a suggestion,Why couldn't they replace PKMN Trainer with Mewtwo(hopefully better)Replace Pit with Roy :D?

windlessusher

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Hakudamashi
3DS FC
3050-7676-0039
I WILL BE HATED SEVERELY FOR THIS ONE COMMENT.

Look I know your all sad and unhappy that they didn't come back,but seriously GET OVER IT!!!Sure they didn't come back,so what!What's wrong with the roster in brawl?Not good enough for ya?I main Sonic,if he doesn't appear in the next game,I will be upset yes,but to start a riot!That's just silly!This is just as pointless as the Mario vs. Sonic or Melee vs. Brawl.If you hate Brawl soo much,BUY A GAMECUBE,BUY MELEE SIT DOWN,PLAY IT AND STFU!

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero

Look I know your all sad and unhappy that they didn't come back,but seriously GET OVER IT!!!Sure they didn't come back,so what!What's wrong with the roster in brawl?Not good enough for ya?I main Sonic,if he doesn't appear in the next game,I will be upset yes,but to start a riot!That's just silly!This is just as pointless as the Mario vs. Sonic or Melee vs. Brawl.If you hate Brawl soo much,BUY A GAMECUBE,BUY MELEE SIT DOWN,PLAY IT AND STFU!
Ha! You really did just join, didn't you?

PassWurD

Smash Journeyman

I think it's pretty obvious that to us the roster is not good enough without Roy and Mewtwo(and for me Pichu:()

•Col•

Smash Champion

Hey, welcome to Smashboards! =D

Now leave.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Here's a suggestion,Why couldn't they replace PKMN Trainer with Mewtwo(hopefully better)Replace Pit with Roy :D?

Meh,I knew I'd be hated,and to the guy that asked if I just joined ISN'T IT OBVIOUS!?
A little two-faced, huh? >_>

What's REALLY funny is that you posted the first one literally right before the second one.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord

We. Are. Fanboys.

WE ARE LEGION!

GET N', OR GET OUT.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
You WILL be assimilated.

...Okay, we're getting just a BEEEEEET off-topic here...

Puffs

Smash Ace
I love Mewtwo, and I'm comfortable with the fact that others do not. Roy however, I have never really cared that much about. Neither Dr. Mario, but I was a bit interested in Pichu. I knew Pichu wasn't really necessary so losing it wasn't really a big deal. Besides, Pikachu got goggles and a good buff.

LSDX

Wah!

"If you're not with me, then you are my enemy."

Really guys, knock it off. I can't be the only one feeling ashamed for you.
Bring me a Landmaster or be annihilated by T3H PH13R!!1!

Seriously, I just joined SWF (even though I had an old account back in 07') and I don't make stupidly angry posts such as the one way above. Ay least I spend modest time posting and an excess amount of time sifting through the boards and threads gaining knowledge for discussion. I'm not trying to sound stuck up, but it's true; sorry.

Puffs

Smash Ace
Bring me a Landmaster or be annihilated by T3H PH13R!!1!

Seriously, I just joined SWF (even though I had an old account back in 07') and I don't make stupidly angry posts such as the one way above. Ay least I spend modest time posting and an excess amount of time sifting through the boards and threads gaining knowledge for discussion. I'm not trying to sound stuck up, but it's true; sorry.
This man is correct.

Steelia

Smash Champion

Alas, you have so much to learn here... You should've seen the Complaint thread before it was locked. 106 pages of complaining goodness. This? Really is nothing compared to that.

I wouldn't say you'd be hated for the comment... You DO have a point. What IS the point of complaining over characters? It sounds a bit obsessive. I guess why we DO complain is because... well... we enjoyed the characters. As you noted, you'd be upset if Sonic was gone. Thing is, WE are taking action for the characters that were cut. They were either too important to us, too good, something rather. We have our reasons.

You know people complained about Mewtwo, right? They made petitions, they complained, they wanted him out of the Smash series. Did it work? Not... necessarily. Mewtwo was GOING to return either way, but was probably cut for the sake of a newer Pkmn generation rep.
So, then, what's the point of complaining if we're probably not going to be heard? Well, perhaps we MIGHT be heard. You cannot ignore an angry mob of individuals whose favorite video game characters were cut. What we are missing are details. WHY exactly were they cut? All we have are speculations, speculations, speculations. We need answers. We need to know why we won't ever be able to Smash as such great characters ever again. I'm sure the majority of people here could agree with me that they want answers, and if you really think that pointing out the obvious fact that they're in Melee and we should play it (which I do, personally)... well... let's just say you're a LONG way from changing our minds.
Give us answers... legit, straight from the top answers... and we may, JUST may, quiet down.

Welcome, by the way. :)

LSDX

Wah!

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Sorry for not expanding on that. My 07' account was Dekuknight950. Sorry for the misinformation.

Dekuknight950: http://smashboards.com/member.php?u=68603
There wasn't any misinformation. It was just a coincidence and an assumption on my part.

Captain Falcon is still alive and well, Terios.
TECHNICALLY. But he's not the man I fell in love with. T_T

He's still fun and I still play him but he's fun in a different way. I loved his playstyle and THAT'S dead to me.

windlessusher

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Hakudamashi
3DS FC
3050-7676-0039
Alas, you have so much to learn here... You should've seen the Complaint thread before it was locked. 106 pages of complaining goodness. This? Really is nothing compared to that.

I wouldn't say you'd be hated for the comment... You DO have a point. What IS the point of complaining over characters? It sounds a bit obsessive. I guess why we DO complain is because... well... we enjoyed the characters. As you noted, you'd be upset if Sonic was gone. Thing is, WE are taking action for the characters that were cut. They were either too important to us, too good, something rather. We have our reasons.

You know people complained about Mewtwo, right? They made petitions, they complained, they wanted him out of the Smash series. Did it work? Not... necessarily. Mewtwo was GOING to return either way, but was probably cut for the sake of a newer Pkmn generation rep.
So, then, what's the point of complaining if we're probably not going to be heard? Well, perhaps we MIGHT be heard. You cannot ignore an angry mob of individuals whose favorite video game characters were cut. What we are missing are details. WHY exactly were they cut? All we have are speculations, speculations, speculations. We need answers. We need to know why we won't ever be able to Smash as such great characters ever again. I'm sure the majority of people here could agree with me that they want answers, and if you really think that pointing out the obvious fact that they're in Melee and we should play it (which I do, personally)... well... let's just say you're a LONG way from changing our minds.
Give us answers... legit, straight from the top answers... and we may, JUST may, quiet down.

Welcome, by the way. :)
Hmmmmm,so my obvious suggestion as to just play Melee won't work,you want answers,so why cant' someone be brave enough to go to them and ask(if you wanna answer too be a ****).Yes I would be upset if Sonic was gone,but if he's taken out,I just repeat in my head"Aw well,at least they kept Kirby:D and I still have my copy of the original Sonic".To that guy,WADDA YA MEAN SONIC SCRAP!?Thanks for saying I won't be hated,I feel more calm.Thanks for the welcome:D

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
He said Sonic Scrub first off.

Secondly look at posts 450 and 451. You said they should switch the characters to keep the old ones.

Then 12 minutes later you told everyone who was complaining to shut up.

LSDX

Wah!
Hmmmmm,so my obvious suggestion as to just play Melee won't work,you want answers,so why cant' someone be brave enough to go to them and ask(if you wanna answer too be a ****).Yes I would be upset if Sonic was gone,but if he's taken out,I just repeat in my head"Aw well,at least they kept Kirby:D and I still have my copy of the original Sonic".To that guy,WADDA YA MEAN SONIC SCRAP!?Thanks for saying I won't be hated,I feel more calm.Thanks for the welcome:D
HARHARHAR, Sonic Scrap!

Anyways, cursing won't make you any more intimidating than you already are (sarcasm [1/2 serious -[Cursing, not intimidation]-]). Let's all be friendly friends my friends and friends! No, you cannot have my Friend Code (c wut i did thar.......).

windlessusher

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Hakudamashi
3DS FC
3050-7676-0039
He said Sonic Scrub first off.

Secondly look at posts 450 and 451. You said they should switch the characters to keep the old ones.

Then 12 minutes later you told everyone who was complaining to shut up.
Ok I said that the characters should be switched fo 2 reasons
1.I hate them(PKMN Trainer what the hell?)
2.Mewtwo I must admit was BADASS!(YAY MEWTWO)

But then I realised you guys were taking this seriously so I said what I said

Sonic Scrap lol that is funny :)

windlessusher

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Hakudamashi
3DS FC
3050-7676-0039
HARHARHAR, Sonic Scrap!

Anyways, cursing won't make you any more intimidating than you already are (sarcasm [1/2 serious -[Cursing, not intimidation]-]). Let's all be friendly friends my friends and friends! No, you cannot have my Friend Code (c wut i did thar.......).
1.**** was d i c k,meaning don't curse at me if that was a noob question
2.I wasn't gonna ask for it XD

The Bird

Smash Apprentice
I truly want to know where you got the information that no one cared about Roy in melee

I even more want to beat you in brawl!!!

Top Bottom