• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why do people NOW care about Roy and Mewtwo?

Steelia

Smash Champion
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/MeleeVeterantPetition/index.html HOLY **** THIS ONE HAS 281 SIGNATURES. SIGN IT AND EMAIL IT TO NINTENDO NOW.
Wha...! I never saw that petition before... (For the record, let's just say I just signed it, and I'm going to have my three other siblings add on. ;) )

I'd love to email it to Nintendo, but I already sent my rant email for the day. It was a BIG picture of Mewtwo (his trophy from Melee, not that failage trophy from Brawl where the rocks look better than him), asking "Why not?".

:)

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
Wha...! I never saw that petition before... (For the record, let's just say I just signed it, and I'm going to have my three other siblings add on. ;) )

I'd love to email it to Nintendo, but I already sent my rant email for the day. It was a BIG picture of Mewtwo (his trophy from Melee, not that failage trophy from Brawl where the rocks look better than him), asking "Why not?".

:)
I salute you, but as of now I am feeling depressed over the death of someone I barely knew. It hurts a bit more that way. I'm not going to angst here. I'll be back when I'm feeling a bit better.

peregrine monkey

Smash Apprentice
Speaking of the "flavor of the month" idea that was metioned a while ago, who do you think is going to be the next one? Mewtwo got in because of Red, Blue and Yellow and Lucario got in beacause of the popularity of the movie he was in. (Might've been Japan-only) What semi humanoid pokemon is Nintendo going to use to sell Super Smash Bros. (insert fancy term for fight her)?

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
I got a response from my second email to them. I said "We suggest a Super Smash Bros. Brawl Wii Channel", so they of course responded with the "do not accept unsolicited game ideas" line. I guess I know better now. That was the petition with the most signatures, too...

Steelia

Smash Champion
Speaking of the "flavor of the month" idea that was metioned a while ago, who do you think is going to be the next one? Mewtwo got in because of Red, Blue and Yellow and Lucario got in beacause of the popularity of the movie he was in. (Might've been Japan-only) What semi humanoid pokemon is Nintendo going to use to sell Super Smash Bros. (insert fancy term for fight her)?
Hmm. Probably not the best idea to bring this up here, as it isn't totally relevant to the topic at hand (Roy and Mewtwo ranting, heh :p )... but, I'd have to say a 5th-generation Pokemon representative. If there's no 5th-gen by the time the next Smash game is made, then maybe, JUST maybe, either Deoxys or Darkrai. Deoxys, because he is still a rather popular character (even noted by Sakurai as "popular" in his Deoxys entry at Smashbros.com), and Darkrai due to being more recent, for being one of the [very] few badguy Pokemon, and for his boost of popularity amongst the Poke-community. (I'm beginning to see him all over the place these days... which isn't necessarily a bad thing. ;) )

woopyfrood said:
I salute you, but as of now I am feeling depressed over the death of someone I barely knew. It hurts a bit more that way. I'm not going to angst here. I'll be back when I'm feeling a bit better.
Jeez, sorry to hear that, woopyfrood. :(
Hope to hear back from you soon, then. Take your time, if you must.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/MeleeVeterantPetition/index.html
Hmm.
That petition... would go PERFECT with an art I drew very recently. Now, if I could only add some finishing touches to the art... I'll be set...
For Roy and Mewtwo! . . . and Pichu and Doctor Mario! . . . and even Young Link! Because he was as close as we were ever going to get to a Fierce Deity Link (Majora's Mask Young Link, hint hint).

Psiklone

Smash Cadet
Ahem.

Mewtwo was the one character I really looked forward to. I'm probably a minority, but the point is, it's not like people are just now caring. The (very few) hardcore Mewtwo players like me were disappointed from the beginning, and the people who played Mewtwo just for fun every once in a while (quite a few players) probably got more disappointed once they got used to all of the new characters. I mean, think about Mewtwo, and imagine his final smash: how would it NOT be awesome?

I don't know about Roy, but it seemed like he was similar to Mewtwo, where few people really played him, but many people liked to use him for fun every once in a while.

windlessusher

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Hakudamashi
3DS FC
3050-7676-0039
I got a response from my second email to them. I said "We suggest a Super Smash Bros. Brawl Wii Channel", so they of course responded with the "do not accept unsolicited game ideas" line. I guess I know better now. That was the petition with the most signatures, too...
That's bull****

LSDX

Wah!
I guess I should feel the most pain seeing as I main both Roy and Mewtwo. Well, I shouldn't feel sad at all seeing as I never play Brawl and all I do is play Melee. So I guess I'm still happy!

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
Well, everything here has been debated to hell and back, with Mewtwo and Roy being the clear winners.

I vote for a new thread supporting these two.

LSDX

Wah!
I'm surprised nobody has asked this question yet so I guess I will:

Why isn't this thread in the MELEE Boards seeing as we're debating over MELEE characters? Makes no sense for a Brawl Board thread.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
Because more people will notice and help the cause if it's in the the Brawl Boards XD

windlessusher

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Hakudamashi
3DS FC
3050-7676-0039

Why isn't this thread in the MELEE Boards seeing as we're debating over MELEE characters? Makes no sense for a Brawl Board thread.
good point

Steelia

Smash Champion

Ehh... What woopyfrood said. :p

Also, because we're ranting about how Roy and Mewtwo are not in BRAWL... therefore, it's Brawl-related. :3

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
Ill sign if you add in Pichu.:laugh::psycho:
The only way Mewtwo can return to Brawl is via DLC of some sort. When DLC, through the combined power of whiny fans AND Divine Intervention, pulls through, Pichu will probably come back as an alternate costume.

PassWurD

Smash Journeyman
The only way Mewtwo can return to Brawl is via DLC of some sort. When DLC, through the combined power of whiny fans AND Divine Intervention, pulls through, Pichu will probably come back as an alternate costume.

Actually I take my thoughts back, I don't want any of them to be in Brawl, they're too good for Brawl, now if only CF could have been saved from such a fate. :(

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
Actually I take my thoughts back, I don't want any of them to be in Brawl, they're too good for Brawl, now if only CF could have been saved from such a fate. :(
Look, I think the point I'm trying to get across is that Brawl would substantially suck LESS if these characters were still playable in it.

•Col•

Smash Champion
I started playing Fire Emblem 6 (THE ONE WITH ROY xD) the other day.... =P Having fun so far.... I dunno why people say his game is so bad..... o-o I'm really liking it... I just forgot how long it takes to complete some levels... xP

LSDX

Wah!
I started playing Fire Emblem 6 (THE ONE WITH ROY xD) the other day.... =P Having fun so far.... I dunno why people say his game is so bad..... o-o I'm really liking it... I just forgot how long it takes to complete some levels... xP
It's my 5th favorite game of all time. The reason why people say that is because it didn't sell well in Japan for starters and also, Roy has some of the worst stats for a lord in Fire Emblem existence. The only thing Roy really has going for him in Fire Emblem VI is his Luck stat. Roy does become an absolute beast once he receives the Sealed Sword (thereby giving him his promotion), but that's VERY late in the game (around Chapter 21). I absolutely love it, but it's extremely hard (rated second hardest Fire Emblem compared to Fire Emblem X: Radiant Dawn [Goddess of Dawn]). My main downer is that the Knight Class in VI has been pretty nerfed in the Attack stat category.

AlexX

Smash Ace
It's my 5th favorite game of all time. The reason why people say that is because it didn't sell well in Japan for starters and also, Roy has some of the worst stats for a lord in Fire Emblem existence.
Actaully, I'm pretty sure Leaf has the worst stats in existance. Roy is overall mediocre due to nothing good aside from luck while also not sucking (even in resistance), but the problem is that he's a clone of Marth even in his own game (it plays a disturbingly lot like Marth's games, that's for sure).

Probably, but they deserve a better game then Bawrl.
Not all of us hate Brawl, you know. >.>

PassWurD

Smash Journeyman
Actaully, I'm pretty sure Leaf has the worst stats in existance. Roy is overall mediocre due to nothing good aside from luck while also not sucking (even in resistance), but the problem is that he's a clone of Marth even in his own game (it plays a disturbingly lot like Marth's games, that's for sure).

Not all of us hate Brawl, you know. >.>

Sure, but they still deserve better then Brawl.

LSDX

Wah!
I also have played (and still am playing) Fire Emblem III: Monshou no Nazo. Marth's stats are much better than Roy's as he progresses his stats. The problem is that Marth doesn't promote at all due to not being able to promote at that time in Fire Emblem history. In the later games, lords like Hector, Lyn, Ike, etc. outshine and out skill Marth and Roy by a landslide it's not even funny. It's ironic how Marth was more dominant that Roy in Fire Emblem like how he also is with Smash. I will still always prefer a Roy over a Marth any-day.

Steelia

Smash Champion
I've always been more for the underdogs... so, naturally, I took a liking to Roy, Pichu, Young Link, Doctor Mario (whom I considered an underdog just for being a Mario clone), and even Mewtwo due to his horrid representation.

Aye. We seriously need to find a way to show that these guys are still awesome characters, especially with Roy. I hate the bloody argument "ZOMG HIS GAME AND HIS STATS SUCKZORZ SO DOES HE BLARG", and therefore he gets a lot of heat (and hate) because of it. Guess what? I like him as a SMASH character. Maybe not his game, but I definitely liked him as a Smash character.
He seriously needs to come back. Lest the Fire Emblem reps will be clogged with blue hair. >_>

Top Bottom