• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why do guys bring their girlfriends to tournaments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Be upset at your girl. You havent made a good argument. because your viewpoint focuses on being mad at the guy who robbed you of your girl. While my point focuses on the fact that you should save yourself the trouble and not bring her. Do you think guys are just gonna stop talking to women at tournaments because you have sand in your vagi** NO!
[a badly typed paragraph about **** that isn't relevant]
My argument focuses on how ridiculously uncool it is for a guy to try to flirt with some other guy's girl while he is there at the smash tournament with his girlfriend. Sure, it's her fault too if she gets w/ said guy, but the blame isn't on one individual.
The fact that someone has to "save themselves the trouble of another smasher tying to steal his girl at a tournament" is just sad, and a true example of how sad humanity really is. No, guys shouldn't stop talking to women at tournaments, but they shouldn't try to flirt with someone who is taken at a tournament. You have to have a serious lack of self-respect and respect for others to do something that uncool.
I don't give a **** if it's at some club where people usually hook-up. What's uncool is to deliberately pull that **** at a smash tournament.
or you're a Brawler.

same goes for girls who bring their bf's to tournaments.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
If the girlfriend plays or is interested in learning to play, that's one thing. If it's the last place the girl wants to be, I don't get why either.. <_<

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
Don't start up this again. Everything's been discussed a long time ago about the topic of the thread. Besides, me and PB&J ***** this thread lol. I even have a couple experiences put out dealing with this topic.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
I agree. AZ grand challenge had a crowded venue, and the extra 5+ random girls there did nothing to help.

I can understand them wanting to be there for support and stuff, but I honestly feel a lot of it is attention grabbing as well (and that goes for the men who bring them there..."look! I have a GF and a life" is good and all, except no one cares either way). My sister (who is Dekar's GF) is the only exception, because she actually plays the game/runs venues. The rest just take up space.
hey buddy

one of the girls there drove three people two hours to get there

and is dating forward

ADHD

Smash Hero
I think if your girlfriend gets stolen by someone in a community of greasy smashers you really aren't worth that much, im sorry lol.

Masmasher@

Smash Lord
Cleveland, Ohio! my homeplace but for now living i
out side of the whole girl thing i saw some disrespectful posts...
stuff like why should i care about you... its common courtesy. dont try to play morals. Yeah some girls might be cheap and leave you for another right there on the spot but some arent and to initate flirting is just wrong...you should have some common sense. Causality happens and you doing a ***** move might lead to you getting exposed by the girl/guy and with people of less tempers might lead to you getting socked in the face.

that lump on your face may give your brain more room to breathe lmfao.

ShinoBee

Smash Apprentice
(God**** I should do a reddit IAMA on this...)
I'm a girlfriend who goes to tournaments...-_____- I have no problem with it whatsoever, but maybe it's my situation.

I used to be one of the smasher females. You know, smashing with all the guys and such. But I met my wonderful boyfriend at a Smash tournament (oh god, it's corny but true and I love him hehe). Of course I still like playing Smash and chilling out with some of the smashers, but I'm slowly migrating to another game. However I do come back onto these forums once in a while if a brilliant topic like this comes up.

It's a bit awkward to be a tournament, and you know you aren't committed to the game whatsoever, but hey, I go to see some of the smashers and the boyfriend. I'd also feel bad for abandoning some of them for the rest of my lifespan. And if you think I'm there for moral support, you could think again when you see me running around everywhere during tournaments.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
But I met my wonderful boyfriend at a Smash tournament (oh god, it's corny but true and I love him hehe).

Daw, I did too.:3

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Every time I even mention smash bros, she just calls me a nerd because I'm so into it. I know she's just teasing cuz she's played it and enjoys it (she uses Zelda only :p) but I think tournaments are to much for her so she never comes. I once tried to get my sister to play brawl and after 10 mins. of pink yoshi egg rolling offstage she was done lol (I tried to teach her but it was hopeless)

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
basically

i think if you bring your girl to a tourney thats fine

make sure shes with you and all that, then if shes a good girl and actually wants to be with you

she'll tell you if someone is trying to flirt with her

thats when you get up and find the ****** trying to do that and talk to them

and if they get cute

take it outside

simple

jugfingers

Smash Champion
basically

i think if you bring your girl to a tourney thats fine

make sure shes with you and all that, then if shes a good girl and actually wants to be with you

she'll tell you if someone is trying to flirt with her

thats when you get up and find the ****** trying to do that and talk to them

and if they get cute

take it outside

simple
or you could just let her talk to whoever she wants and not care.

don't worry nobody at smash tournaments has big houses or closets

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
lllllllllllooooooooollllllllolollolloololloloollolo

hahaha

no one would be able to handle my girl anyways

even if you had the house and the closet

anyways i said "she'll tell you if someone is trying to flirt with her"

if she tells you that, obviously she doesnt approve

if she did she would keep quite about it

S l o X

Smash Champion
Well, I wouldn't mind having more girls at tournaments less guys I have to look at haha.
Not necessarily :D
-
@ OP

To be able to spend some time and support her boyfriend ? It's a hobby, thats like asking why do men bring their wives / girlfriends to a baseball game he is gonna play in.

Think about it.

Oh just noticed every female I've played uses female characters or IC (nana :D)

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
I could literally anal **** this thread if I want but I'm too lazy to write a super long post, which will include experiences with girls at tournaments lol. Whether their smash girls or not, it doesn't matter. I would rather just save the juicy stories I have for commentary when I'm at the next big tournament. I gotta entertain the livestream lol.

By the way, I was at a tournament yesterday and there was a girl who mained Pikachu. Get at her lol.

scorekid100

Smash Apprentice
I could literally anal **** this thread if I want but I'm too lazy to write a super long post, which will include experiences with girls at tournaments lol. Whether their smash girls or not, it doesn't matter. I would rather just save the juicy stories I have for commentary when I'm at the next big tournament. I gotta entertain the livestream lol.

By the way, I was at a tournament yesterday and there was a girl who mained Pikachu. Get at her lol.
So dj can give shout outs to other peoples girlfriends of course.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
the beauty of the word literal is that there are no questions as to what it would entail, it means exactly what he said

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
this whole thread is an anus based on all the **** coming out of it

total high five kinda joke that loses a lot of power on the internet

some-guy

Smash Apprentice
Maybe to show off. >.>
Although it is kinda dumb because I went to a tourney once and this guy's gf was checking me out and stuff . 3 . i think he wouldn't let her to to any more if he saw her xD

Iwan

Smash Ace
It really depends on the scale of the tournament. I'd never bring my gf to a local, but to an MLG event she'd come for sure.

Some tournaments aren't just...."tournaments"....they're fun. We meet up with friends. We hang out and do stuff outside of the tournament.

It's fun.

R3d X

Smash Rookie
We all know that girls are a rarity in any gaming community.

In the Smash community some girls like to come because they love the game. Some girls come because they know that they will get attention just from being there.

But what I cant wrap my head around is why a guy would bring his girlfriend with him to a tournament. If I was a girl I would imagine that the last thing I would want to do is come watch a bunch of sweaty, smelly random guys play an old video game in a cramped and crowded room with a lack of chairs for hours at a time.

I get that our girls want to bond with us, and might want to do what we want to do from time to time. They might even tag along just because they want to spend time with us, even if they may not have our full attention. But overall, a tournament is one of the last places I would wanna take my girl if I had a choice. Its just not a good place for a date.

Anyone else agree/disagree?
One of the reasons you probably don't have one... they just want to go cause they want to go... if you DRAG them along then sure i say shame on you, but if they want to go then there's no point in making a full on thread as to why other guys bring their girlfriends to tourneys... maybe you just dont know what it's like bringing one cause you don't have one... im not sure... anyway that's my 2 cents on the situation, oh and besides it gives the other guys a chance to try and gimp her from her current bf

Wingless

Smash Cadet
Psh. Because the girl kicks butt at Smash Bros. It's kinda funny to watch some guy get kicked around a stage by a girl that's actually good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom