• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why did you main your main?

Super Angry Luigi

Smash Apprentice
I play Luigi because he is and will always be my all time favorite video game character. He was also my main both SSB64 and Melee.

duckypwns

Smash Cadet
Diddy.

The first time I played as him I thought he was easily one of the worst characters in the game. I remember facepalming at his b-down move (the banana peel. XD) One day I just decided to give him another chance. I began to realize that he was strong, fast, small, had great aerial moves, etc.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Toon Link, at first solely because of Links boomerang, hate it, still do.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
I main ROB since I like to use the heavy characters in Brawl, and ROB fits what I look for (gimps, aggro/camp when needed, spike, epic taunt).
I also play G & W, mostly because he was so bad at Melee and I picked him up so switching from that to Brawl was elementary (still miss the nair parachute)
And last, DK just because of the 1st line and because he's the leader of the bunch...(SA Frames any1?)

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
I like the idea of maining an over looked character that is high tier quality.
That's why I main Sheik.

That and she is fun and I like here move set.

Smash_Of_Fate

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Babael_Of_Fate
3DS FC
1134-7601-5121
I decided Sonic was going to be my main when he was officially announced as a playable character in Brawl. I'm mean c'mon, it's Sonic! Do I really need another reason other than that? :rotfl:

:093: Steak

Later though I found out I immensely enjoyed Playing as Bowser as well which was a complete turn around from Melee (I absolutely hated using him in Melee). I picked him up because I wanted to play as a heavy character after I noticed I only play with relatively light/mid weight characters.

The only character I picked due to "Tier whoring" would be Marth (I liked Roy better/ mained him in Melee). He later grew on me as Roy's replacement for Brawl.

★Malik★™

Smash Ace
^ hey, i know you're new, but try not to double+ post. it annoys mods. just check back at your post, and if no one else posted, just click edit post.

Game Freak201

Smash Rookie
The reason I had my main started way back in the days when we were all obsessing over the Smash Dojo. After a while, I realized that the person I mained in melee, Roy, wouldn't be in Brawl. So I decided to pick up on the character that seemed to be his replacement. It taken me a while to get used to him, but I got used to using him after several days of practice. Marth is still one of my mains since his play style is the closest to Roy's.

n88

Smash Lord
Because with Zelda, you get a built-in secondary, in addition to being the sexiest character in the game.

What more could you ask for?

Vitality

Smash Ace
I first mained DDD (somewhere around halfway from Japan and US SSBB release dates) because of the multi jumps, heaviness, fast fall rate, Chain grab, and the sex kick type bair. Was too scared to hack my own wii so I just played with my friends every friday after school. I still have nightmares from my PSP bricking (and that you can actually fix).

When SSBB finally came out for US I went out to buy it. I then mained MK with Marth as my second main. Marth because he felt like my melee marth. And I have been playing marth since beginning of my smashing. MK I mained because he just felt too crazy. His nado was too good back in the days, and there was nothing stopping MK. The biggest reason was because he was fast like melee.

ErikG

Smash Ace
I mained Snake because when I bought Brawl, I like his style.
I second Falco because I want to keep your hands off my bread.

Zebadon

Smash Rookie
I notice some people have two mains....if you have two mains can you explain why and how you came to that decision?

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
I once mained Falco, but there was a better Falco player in my city at the time, so I switched to Ike. He's so underrated, but his jab rocks. I love jabbing people up to 100% and KO'ing them.

I second Falco, Spamus Aran, and Snake just for the fun of it.

Vitality

Smash Ace
I notice some people have two mains....if you have two mains can you explain why and how you came to that decision?
Two mains means you are very equal in skill with both characters. Usually you use it to counter counterpicks or matchups that are absolutely hopeless for you.

Project D

Smash Journeyman
I started maining Ike because in S64 I used link, SSBM was Roy, so pretty mcuh swordsmen that carried onto brawl and went pretty well.
then I also started using Samus after watching Xyro's Green Lesbian and thought i'd get bored using Ike all the time.

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
In S64 I used Pikachu, then secondaried Kirby because I liked the idea of using other characters moves. This was before I was aware of the Kirby series and the Smash metagame. I ended up maining Kirby. Mained Kirby through Melee had fun then I found the Smashboards only to discover Kirby was almost dead last in the tier list but stayed true to the little dude. And I kicked *** too! Brawl came out and never doubted I was going to stay with Kirby. I picked up Sonic because I grew up with his Genises games. My friends bashed on him for being weak and since nobody played him I felt like giving some rep. Hardest character I ever learned! I never regreted learning him. Plus they are both fun to play!

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
I main Wolf becasue he looks cool. Thats really my reason, im good with him but its his looks and taunts that just make me love him

I also main pika, and my reasons are becuse Ive loved him since i played pokemon yellow. He's good, and maining him just makes me happy. lol.

Kuhn

Smash Cadet
It's hard to say why I mained Lucario to be exact. I mean I have been using him as my main since July of last year. So over a year with him. Back-ups have changed but not him. Originally, I didn't like Lucario in Brawl, he looked like another character that would just be there. But after playing around with him a few times, I started to love playing as him and liked him as a character. So I basically just continue using him and still do. Learned a lot about him as a character and I always feel comfortable using him.

Trojan Donkey

Smash Cadet
Well because i'm a big fan of the Mario series, i start with Mario. Not bad i see. Next i switch to Yoshi. And what do i found??? I find out myself beating my brothers characters without having much losses. So i decided to main him.
However, when i rise myself up to the higher computer levels (5-6), i got beaten up repeatedly by them. Maybe due to me not learning Yoshi's best moves. To be honest, i've never played all the characters in SSBB (i'm new to SSB). I've played Kirby before so i played him. And i found myself pwning them.
I am near to changing my mind of changing mains when i stumbled to this Yoshi's "u-air" and other great stuff like the "egg throw recovery", the U-smash, and his shield. When i discovered this, my kill count increased pretty significantly per match.
So right now, i main Yoshi and Kirby, with Fox, IC, and Mario as secondaries (and probably Olimar in the future).

To bad here in Indonesia there is no SSBB competitions so i got stagnant on my play style, playing the same game over and over again... :psycho:

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
Ooh, interesting stories..! XD!
Ah! At first, I played around with some characters then mained Pit for a bit, but after some months, I really didn't feel the whole Pit thing anymore.. Which meant finding a new main! I randomly tried Game and Watch and instantly fell for his style! So that's why I main him now and still love playing as him! He's pretty floaty, and I love a lot of his attacks!

Odrog

Smash Rookie
Luigi and Diddy Kong

I started to main Diddy Kong because I just picked him to begin with and ever since have mained him. I started to main Luigi because I wanted to fight with a character that was not that popular amongst other brawlers.

*CT*

Smash Lord
My main right now is random, but if i were to main a main (thinking about snake) it would be cause i enjoy his background information and grew up with him....just like sonic :O

-Axis-

Smash Journeyman
90% of the people who play brawl have mains. What I would like to know is, why did you main your main and how did you choose him/her? I mained Marth after learning some sweet DB combos and uber Nair.
Where did you get this statistic? Because I can't find it one Wikipedia. Anyway.....

Because everyone else is too slow.

iProdigy101

Smash Apprentice
During Melee, I was so into the Zelda series, (which I still am) and I really liked Link, so I chose him, and since then, I've been using him a lot.

I chose Meta Knight not because he was fast/cheap... I actually did not know that until surfing through these forums.

I chose Meta Knight because he is a Kirby with an awesome mask, a sword, and a cape; just what I like.

Top Bottom