• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why did you main your main?

GreenFox

Smash Ace
King dedede I looked at his moveset before the game came out and wanted to play a heavier character so I chose him and stuck with it

JUDGE

Smash Lord
lol king ddd= mariocounter

anyways mario still kick ***^^

justaway12

Smash Master
I chose mine because I suck with Mario & Luigi, it's ok since she is like my favorite (female) video game character.

Also, not to be mean, but isn't this like the bajillonth thread about your main?

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
I know its a general Brawl discussion, but I want to atleast throw in my mains from the past 2 games.

Smash64: Mario. I was 7 when that game came out. I knew most of the fighters but I knew him the most.
Melee: Dr.Mario. Mario was good and all until I beat adventure mode w/him. Then I unlocked the Doc and mained him. I realized he's slower, but the fact that you can play as another Mario without it being an alternate color blew my mind as a 9 yr old. Plus he was stronger and looked cooler.

And now, staying purely on topic:

Brawl: Diddy K.. I was playing DKC 2 on the day Diddy was revealed by the Dojo. That monkey was one of my most favorite game characters from my childhood. And since I knew the Doc wouldn't be back, it was perfect. I loved his wildness when I picked him, but after a while I came to realize that he was a weak a** monkey. I only picked Diddy which made him having a flaw a hard thing to deal with. But the more I played as that Kong, the easier it was to bypass that problem. Its still apparent though...

Mike B

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-8237-0519
jigglypuff lowers my blood pressure from her cute demeanor, and i can spam jump if i need to itch or sneeze during a match. scarce jiggly mains help me if nobody played her before. she is also the only pokemon i really liked during the series.

peach remedied my problem with jigglypuff's bad matchups; im great at linking attacks and pressuring with her. she's a bucket of fun to play as.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
to me, sheik is the fastest and funnest character to play

she is literally the only character where i can sometimes just run in and attack and it will connect because it's too fast to see coming

6 frame dash attack ftw, she lunges forward so far

Mike B

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-8237-0519
^should add that your character has saviorslegacy working on her :p

vepix

Smash Cadet
I mained Lucas because I mained Ness in SSB for N64. And I think Lucas is better that Ness anyday.

Roarfang

Smash Cadet
I have mained a few characters in my time. I will start with the order of choice.

Ike: Ultimate four player brawler, so amazing at racking up kills and interrupting quarreling groups by just a flick of the c-stick. Plus he is like one of the only characters who can KO easily with a simple A combo. XD

Captain Olimar: Simply fell in love prior to the games release, wanting him to be in the game above any other character, and I was so excited he was in that there was simply no way when I delved into his character that I would be disappointed. He does have nice, fast smash attacks and fun ariels.

Lucas: A very quirky character. Never liked Ness till I found Lucas, his resourceful blend of powerful smash attacks (powerful up smash, double striking down smash, fast forward smash) and intricate special attacks that cover distant foes.

mars16

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5429-8906-2115
I main Luigi because he has good attack speed and I can make good combo's with lots of his attacks.
I main Mario because he is easy to make good combo's with.
I also main Lucario because.....well he's just cool to use.

Kaseha

Smash Rookie
In Melee when I unlocked Falco, I thought he looked awesome and cool so I mained him. Played him enough that I got good at him. Of course, that was when I was a little kid so beforehand I used to play Fox and pretended with my ~IMAGINATION~ that he was actually Falco. XD

And he's still my main in Brawl.

Insetick

Smash Apprentice
I chose to learn every awkward-feeling character in this game. It began with Samus, followed by Sonic and ICs.
This summer, I tried Mario and fell in love with his bair. Wolf was next on my list of awkward characters, and I love his bair even more.
So I now use Wolf.

Top Bottom