• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why are level 9 cpu's impossible to beat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pizzapie7

Smash Ace
Who says I'm being sarcastic. If I didnt play B+, i'd load up that replay of M2K getting spiked through the middle of FD.

I tried to MM a Level 9 CPU too. I stuck a credit card into my disc drive and played teh CPU. After I lost, I checked my bank account and there was a withdrawl statement for thirteen dollars and thirty seven cents.

I found my card in my wallet after I opened it up too.
roflmao

seriously though, level 9s aren't that hard, although they are tougher in B+

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
Who says I'm being sarcastic. If I didnt play B+, i'd load up that replay of M2K getting spiked through the middle of FD.

I tried to MM a Level 9 CPU too. I stuck a credit card into my disc drive and played teh CPU. After I lost, I checked my bank account and there was a withdrawl statement for thirteen dollars and thirty seven cents.

I found my card in my wallet after I opened it up too.
Wow...

:V is too good.:sonic:

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Level 9's are incredibly easy. I 2-3 stock them almost every time.
*nods*

When it comes to recovering, CPUs are very predictable, just watch for obvious patterns.

Although they do have crazy reflexes when it comes to powershielding some moves.

Jochnick

Smash Rookie
Why lvl's are OP:
1. THEY READ MINDS! It's true...
2. Have you ever tried to beat Peach on lvl 9? Hardest bot ever... I can 5 stock lvl 9 Ike, but Peach is pure impossible lol
3. They control the items :p

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
LV.9 CPU aren't hard at all. I 3 stock em all the time. The only time they present a threat is when I'm ganondorf (who I don't play.)

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
i'll random level 9's for fun.

i honestly can't recall the last time i've lost.

its all about tactics. computers are stupid as hell. they have no sense of strategy. what works the first time will work countless numbers of other times.

they never recover a different way either, so theyre recovery is super easy to punish.

...:::VILE:::...

Smash Ace
I don't lose to lvl 9 cpu's unless i play like i would against a human.

They have stupidly easy strategies, with sheik you can be near the edge and if you have them close enough to the edge to bounce them off when they are shielding, you can just hang your whip down and kill them.

With marth you can keep short hop fairing them if you space well, then just gimp them off the level.

With ike you can just throw them off the level and spike them with a dtilt or a dair, you wait till they air dodge then BAM!, you can also set it up with repeatedly doing it as quick as you can until they start predicting it, then you just wait a bit then spike.

With mario, you can win pretty easily with just grabbing all of their shields and racking up damage with AA > grab and usmash/utilt. Cape-ing them is pretty easy too, you can drop off the ledge and cape them when they try to recover and kill them pretty easily.

There are a lot of strategies, just dont try to play them like you would a human.

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
I've spent over 7 hours today trying to beat one, yet never succeeding. Wtf, man, what causes this? What are your experiences with level 9's?
I learned how to 2-3 stock lvl 9's in Brawl in an hour. ONE HOUR.

I don't even play Brawl too. :urg:

Gotta love you some Brawl nublets
;)

Real talk: Start playing the one player modes for a while, and you'll get better.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lol

i 5-stock level 9's to train

if i beat them without dying i've usually become a lot more fluent in the matchup

this is usually to train my reactions and finding options and stuff

otherwise i just go on wifi

lvl 9's are legit

theunabletable

Smash Lord
Meh I play CPUs a lot as ICs, since they're ok at struggling out of grabs, but... yeah... they're pretty easy to beat.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
The main problem is Power Shielding and Shield Grabbing. No one can properly space when a computer PS's all of your spacing moves and you're put into horrible situtaions. Don't practice against them or you'll get accustomed to this and you'll aether:

a) End up trying to use their style and fail ultimately because PSing is only good against projecitles

b) Learn how to only exploit lvl.9s weakness and not learn that humans can easily avoid it

that's why I gave up training on lvl 9's, to truly get better you should practice against something with more humanistic timing and make sure not to abuse computer weaknesses.
This. lvl9's are beatable but aren't really worth it because they will only make you develop habits that will get you destroyed against a human player.

[/thread]

sammy p

Smash Lord
i dont have trouble with many of them..... justa choice few...
the top 5 hardest on level 9 (for me) are:
1) OLIMAR! :mad:
2) Luigi
3) diddy
4) metaknight (no shock there i assume... >.>)
5) Mario

zeldspazz

Smash Master
I couldnt resist but to read every post in this thread.

Its too much win in just 4 pages of posting >_>

WheelOfFish

Smash Journeyman
Not afraid to admit that I got three stocked by a Ness CPU in Brawl+ once.

Pikachu computers are absolutely obnoxious. They solve everything with thunder.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
You guys are crazy. They're impossible to beat because :V said so. :mad:
This is one of the smarter posters in this thread.

Not afraid to admit that I got three stocked by a Ness CPU in Brawl+ once.

Pikachu computers are absolutely obnoxious. They solve everything with thunder.
Brawl+ computers make the impossible Brawl computers look like a casual scrub who uses a remote sideways and plays with items.

B+ CPUs dont **** around. They start ****** you before the game even loads the stage. When it finally loads and counts down, you're already down a few stocks and the CPU is in the middle of a combo.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Not this joke again... -_-;

I mean, it's funny to people who get it, but to new members it just sounds obnoxious.

:069:

lotor611

Smash Journeyman
the only time i ever lose to level 9s is tournament mode. they really seem to step their game up there. i had a metaknight come back against my ROB when being down 1 stock to 3. and my ROB is usually pretty good. im even decent at that match up against a good human metaknight, but sometimes those CPUs "get off" as HMW would say....

Squirtguns

Smash Rookie
LVL 9's can't defend/or attack properly when directly above them. Try it. If you ever run into a particularly annoying one, just hit them with a D.air. 9 out of 10 times they will just eat the attack like dumb *****. do this a dew times to build up damage. hit them with a smash. they die.

9's are a joke

CRUSH_

Smash Cadet
This. lvl9's are beatable but aren't really worth it because they will only make you develop habits that will get you destroyed against a human player.

[/thread]

Agreed.

I only have one tournament level friend who I get to play against regularly.

Since I like the game so much I play against CPUs when he's not around and then when I play against him it takes me like an hour or two to stop trying to kill him the way I would a CPU.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
CPU 9 are not human. They can react to things no human in the world can react to. They also have insane tech skills. But otherwhise they suck and never DI.

Mike B

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-8237-0519
They are ******** hunks of polygon. They can only react on your moves. They cannot play mindgames. Develop a solid strategy to get around their powershield whoring and you WILL be victorious.

I have never lost to a lv9 unless I wasn't looking.

DUCKAtl

Smash Apprentice
dude, lv 9's are easy to beat, but due to the fact tht they pretty much break the games limits and go beyond human possibilities(such as the cruel brawl fighters) just play with shield whoring lv 8 or lv 7

Ninja Puff

Smash Cadet
They're not all that hard if you get in some good experience. I do agree that, for some reason, Luigi seems to be one of the hardest, not sure why. I win almost every time.

Keep practicing, it'll help you out a lot in the end.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I've never really had trouble against Lvl 9s (only the first week when I was still new to the game). They have a tendency of powershielding like crazy.

I always play them on AUTO-Handicap, and I usually lose when I start with 140% or above.

One thing that's curious is, that CPUs learn from human players. I kid you not, Lvl9's mimic strategies used by human players a LOT. So if you have a bunch of friends who play very well, you can expect LVL9's to play really good too, because they "copy" their strategies.

bad habiT

Smash Rookie
Lvl 9s are easy, AT FTW just stay consistent. Character differences matter(Luigis a beast) like always.
They punish stale moves, shield and dodge correctly but they barely have an edge game.
computers are predictable, be unorthodox.

Jonas

Smash Champion
No one's ever beaten a lvl 9. When people get beaten by a lvl 9, they feel insecure about themselves, because they've read that they're easy to beat, and so they post on Smashboards about how easey they are and how regularly they 3 stock them, making other people insecure about themselves etc.

Basically lvl 9's are impossible to beat. That's right, you just can't do it. They have frame perfect reactions, they think 10-15 moves ahead, analyze combos and patternes so they know exactly how to DI and so on. Truly excellent players can maybe take a few stocks off them, but they can't beat them because nobody can.

ps. try again, they're easy as hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom