• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why are level 9 cpu's impossible to beat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
The hell are you guys talking about?

Nobody has ever mananged to beat a level 9 CPU without extreme AI abuse or cheats, even at that, the results screen still shows the CPUs as winning, trust me, I've tried.

Don't feel bad, nobody in the universe can beat one, you're just one of the 100% of people that can't beat them.

NovaRyumaru

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NovaRyumaru
Really, computers are ones you should avoid playing if you're more about competition. As when you play computers more you get used to how they act and react.

Human players are much more complex than CPU players in that they don't follow a set pattern, they usually act on a whim more or less. It's kind of funny really, CPUs really aren't hard unless you're used to playing competent human players. They tend to beat me about half the time since I stopped playing them, got all the stuff unlocked and never looked back to CPU players. :p

moyshe

Lazer Fox
NNID
moyshe
3DS FC
4442-1379-8655
I remember when I played a level 9....he 3 stocked me and stole everything in my house....and I couldnt rage quit...I COULDNT RAGE QUIT

Kantō

Smash Champion
level 9's are not hard to beat, they play spammy and non tech at all. dont practice against cpus, find some real players if ya can.

Majora252

Smash Rookie
I think it depends on the character they use and the character you use. I can easily beat most of them; others basicly read my mind and counter everything I do to them!

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
i hate how peach floats, comes at you and does a fair. because after i block this she already moved into my personal space, and at this point, i can't do anything OOS, grab, attack, you name it, and then she throws out a nair right after, which is absolutely homo.

i laso hate how raptor boost < peach crown swing.

Falcon88

Smash Ace
i hate how peach floats, comes at you and does a fair. because after i block this she already moved into my personal space, and at this point, i can't do anything OOS, grab, attack, you name it, and then she throws out a nair right after, which is absolutely homo.

i laso hate how raptor boost < peach crown swing.
Yeah lvl 9 Peach sucks. It is annoying as anything. I also hate the CPU Luigi. He's awful! I can't put my finger on what is so good about him, but he's just good.

Aibou

Smash Master
The only truly good CPU is Luigi. Zelda's okay too, but heh, she's obviously no match for me. ;)

MarioMariox2

Smash Ace
NNID
KunehoKun
3DS FC
0748-3131-6459
Ironic how luigi was the worst Lv9 cpu in melee.

Sakurai wasn't amused so he buffed Weegee's AI ftl.

Darkmega

Smash Apprentice
although I've never read what everyone else said due to sheer topic length, but in my experiences. from the start when I started playing brawl, because of transmitted skill from the original game on 64, not melee however, I haven't lost many games to level 9s.

the only ones which prove truly hard are pikachu, toon link, luigi. Sonic only becomes hard if he has the smashball in which case he has beaten me about 9 times in a row once every death because of super sonic...
Toon link is just outright smart for some reason, and is rather tricky to hit, but nothing I can't handle when I put my mind to it or go "darksoul".
Luigi goes really hard on me for some reason. it's like he's got mind powers or something.,
and pikachu just spams like ****...
metaknight although not mention is a double sided game. he wins sometimes, sometimes he doesn't. if I use kirby, he loses everytime strangely. A mirror match usually ends with me winning also, with the odd occasion which had items included where he kept ninjaing the hearts from me. >.<'

other than those main hard characters I defined. mostly 9/10 times I win regardless of who I use... but there's also a 100% success rate when I use my mains obviously... which are toonlink, dedede, kirby, meta, Ike, luigi and ROB if you're wondering. there are others I deem as secondaries but this is gonna take to long if I spell everything out. ;)

Inferno-2139

Smash Rookie
About one Level 9 CPU was actually somewhat easy for me, depending on the character it uses. However, 3 Level 9 CPUs, namely 3 Ikes at once on the same team, can be a real pain, close to impossible, even. But hey, that's just my opinion.

MarioMariox2

Smash Ace
NNID
KunehoKun
3DS FC
0748-3131-6459
Don't forget about the CPU's experience system.

1st match: Falco vs Lvl 9 Falco. I win easily with SHLs and Dairs.
2nd match: I lose. Lvl9 Falco starts SHLing me and tries to gimp me (even with his reflector!) when I'm offstage.

Darkmega

Smash Apprentice
not only are they impossible to beat, they DO the impossible too.

Click
ROFL! atleast that falcon punch wall didn't collide. I remember the first time I got falcon punch walled (one punch behind the other making it semi impossible to dodge) was when I was playing the true falcon punch game. Must annoying thing ever >.<'.

Was that just me, or was player one eliminated super early? -.- I guess they are hard to a degree... But usually the only "good" kills they get on me is when they make me epic fail with the most anti-climatic moves ever (aka, a simple hit which makes he get stuck under the stage) or MK or luigi cheapo ledgehog me... but then again, scratch the 2nd cause that's not a good kill. that's just cheap, if the comps had any such skill they wouldn't need to ledge steal you... mind you, they do have a little skill on one vs one, but once toon link comes out for me, they're gone...unless it's toon vs toon, in which case it goes on for a fair while... Toon vs MK also goes pretty epicly too. -.- they really only get hard when you have multiple of them. One on one is mainly a piece of cake except with the certain comps i mentioned a while ago...they're also mainly only hard when there's a smashball on. which says something about comps and actual players alike...

edgeluca

Smash Lord
NNID
Edgeluca
3DS FC
2879-0257-1267
Lvl 9s are teh n00b

But in all seriousness, just keep practising, and never stop air dodging!

tankzortz

Smash Apprentice
if planking doesnt work, then just spam the smashes with ike. quite simple if they dont sheild guard or dodge roll

Scooach

Smash Cadet
I have never lost to a level 9, but I did once, but it wasn't really a loss, I just won with one stock, but I really lost. Falcon taunted making me cry after three stocking me with three sacred combos. But I won that. Cuz im eeleetiss.

And a boss.

But not really.

Disregard this post?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Brawl level 9's are more unpredictable than the Melee level 9's.

In Melee, you can force certain level 9's to use certain attacks to leave themselves vulnerable. Also, some level 9's abuse their grab attempts too much, which does leave them vulnerable as well.

In Brawl, however, the level 9 CPUs tend to be quite aggressive, spamming smash attacks, and are almost flawless when it comes to perfect shielding and shield grabs. They almost leave no room for error.

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
Lvl.9 computers Powershield and shield grab like a mofo.

Shieldbreaker training with Marth sucks when your opponent PS's it every time.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
I picked Zelda and spammed jab and they kept running into it or rolling away.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Zelda CPUs spam the thunderkick, and Ness just does that weird thing with his foot. Peach does aerial attacks while barely off the ground, and Captian Falcon...well, it's a no brainer what he spams -_-.

Every CPU has some sort of pattern to it you just need to figure it out and exploit it.
No, what I meant was I was playing as Zelda. I literally stood in 1 spot spamming jabs and F-Smashes and the CPU either ran into it, rolled into it, or ran up close to me and rolled back. It's silly.

Ryne

Smash Cadet
I've had bad luck with a few of them... I find that it varies largely with which characters you fight.
There's a rumor that the AI learns button presses from the players... I haven't seen this in action myself.
This is true, just like the AI in Mortal Kombat 2. The moment you press the button, the AI trys to come up with a move to counter it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom