• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who's Your Favorite Peach Player Of All Time?

john!

Smash Hero
First Peach vid I watched was of Mike G, the day I discovered competitive Smash.

Also props to Mikael and Armada. I keep thinking that Peach isn't good enough to beat the top tier, but these guys beat the best in the world with Peach and give me a faint glimmer of hope lol. You gotta love Peach, she's such an underdog character.

Composeur

Smash Ace
Mike G's manic play-style is really entertaining to watch, and it's really easy to see the influence it had on Armada. I'm very excited to see what Mike G's new Peach looks like when he's done woodshedding her.

And I agree with you, VaNz. It seems like Mikael isn't as recognized as I think he ought to be, and I can only surmise it's because his Peach wasn't very flashy. But that's not to say the technical skill wasn't there; superior tech skill is exactly the reason WHY he was able to employ his ingenuity with so much economy, doing only exactly what he needed to do, and doing it on the first try. This purposefulness is precisely the link that makes Armada and him my two favorite Peaches. Everything they do is so intentional and well-executed because they pay attention to their opponent, and this makes them more than just great Peach players; they're smart players who happen to play Peach.

This is an issue I've been wondering about for some time. Probably, arguably, the top two or three players in the world right now are maining Jigglypuff and Peach, despite the official tier list. The tier list is still representative, by most counts. So the obvious question is why the two or three most successful players do their best with sub-optimal characters? It's a question I don't think we can just shrug off at this point.

The tier list is based on technical data, e.g. hurtbox/size of shield, power/stun/priority/knockback/frame number/hitbox size of specific moves, speed, and so forth. However, something is obviously more important than the data. What is it? Why have these players chosen these characters, or rather, what is it about these characters that makes these players better with them than they are with other characters? Obviously Jiggs and Peach still have deal-clinching moves, like dsmash and rest, but is there something psychological in the advantage for them? Or is it simple maneuverability/flexibility that Peach and Jiggs can offer more of?

MrHazuki

Smash Ace
Mike G's manic play-style is really entertaining to watch, and it's really easy to see the influence it had on Armada.
I don't think Armada watches that many smash matches. I think he got the most of his skills by playing himself.

I am a Swede. I am therefore bound by contract to vote for Armada. :D
I thinkt the main thing that makes Armada so awesome is his revolutionary tricks with turnips.

Composeur

Smash Ace
I don't think Armada watches that many smash matches. I think he got the most of his skills by playing himself.
I can't remember if it was his brother of Samochan (or someone else) who said so, but Armada got a lot of his inspiration about what was possible with Peach from seeing Mike G's Peach back in the day. I'd believe he doesn't watch that many videos at this point, though I wonder if he uses them to study mang0 and now top-notch Falcons...

blackfox51

Smash Cadet
Funny how no one mentioned Wife =/
I loved his Peach, especially in teams.
Armada is my favorite new school peach though. I've never seen so many options covered at the top level with a peach until I saw him.

I kinda have a soft spot for PC Chris and Connor as well. Dunno why haha

shounenkel

Smash Journeyman
Funny how no one mentioned Wife =/
I loved his Peach, especially in teams.
Armada is my favorite new school peach though. I've never seen so many options covered at the top level with a peach until I saw him.

I kinda have a soft spot for PC Chris and Connor as well. Dunno why haha
Armada an wife i think knows the most about peach, they don't just main/play her, they really know her inside out, when i first saw armada played Captain Jack, that was my first time ever watching armada play, wow even tho he lost to CJ he played really well... Wife.. **** that guy ***** in teams, i thought he was only good in teams really. but i saw him played too good against Ken, wife beat Ken, on YS Wtf that stage is marth playing ground, an he CP Ken marth there Btw an Won!!, Wooow too good... PC peach is too good, i liked his peach more then Cort for some reason, even tho they played somewhat alike, Connor's peach is **** thats all i can say, hes really good ;)

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
I couldve sworn I mentioned Wife, **** I even forgot smiles and Exarch so many peaches lol

But Wife is also one of my favorite peaches especially in teams with Husband. and he's a cool guy too :)

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
if I forgot wife then I am so sad
He inspired me to play peach in the first place, taught me the basics IRL at mass madness 15, and has given me incredible advice every time I've seen him

he is actually my favorite peach of all time, even more than armada

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
i'm with jammin jobus.

i'd say vidjo,cort,armada. i want to watch mikael so badly now that everyone is talking about him though O_o. its been forever since i've seen him.

shounenkel

Smash Journeyman
I couldve sworn I mentioned Wife, **** I even forgot smiles and Exarch so many peaches lol

But Wife is also one of my favorite peaches especially in teams with Husband. and he's a cool guy too :)
OMFG Mr,Mike.G i forget about you man, oh man, your like that peach that like everybody has too look up too, even Armada, o__0 i feel like you have done it all with peach, your so godly with peach I'm mad happy too hear that your back lol hopefully for good right...

P.s...Mr.Mike.G will **** anybody that talkes bad about ShounenKel, from now on right? ;)

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
OMFG Mr,Mike.G i forget about you man, oh man, your like that peach that like everybody has too look up too, even Armada, o__0 i feel like you have done it all with peach, your so godly with peach I'm mad happy too hear that your back lol hopefully for good right...

P.s...Mr.Mike.G will **** anybody that talkes bad about ShounenKel, from now on right? ;)

You're Daisy's cousin, Kel from bahamas, right? When are you coming to a FL or GA tourney so we can get some games in?

shounenkel

Smash Journeyman

You're Daisy's cousin, Kel from bahamas, right? When are you coming to a FL or GA tourney so we can get some games in?
Yeah, that's me lol... I'm Going to at G.A.M.M.E this summer, I was at Winterfast i thought you was going to be there >_>, its okay, but come to G.A.M.M.E we'll play there for sure ^___^

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
Its between Mike G and i guess armada for me. reason i play peach.

Now though, i mostly get into corts vids.

but mike g is just tooooo good.

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
Vidjo's Peach makes me smile

Cort always seems(ed) to discover new things

VaNz's style is just so... contemporary

Shakugan

Smash Journeyman
My Favorite Peach player would have to be Mike G. After watching him play he made me want to play Peach.

My favorite player on the other hand is Chu Dat.

Shakugan, maybe im a lion

Armada

Smash Lord

I am a Swede. I am therefore bound by contract to vote for Armada. :D
I thinkt the main thing that makes Armada so awesome is his revolutionary tricks with turnips.

That´s the true.

Back in the day i didn´t see so much matches.
I know people not understand me now but i saw a couple matches (1 or 2 from the good peach players) and if you guys ask me i like so much more to see some other char.

So if i saw matches that was most people from europe or m2k/mango/KDJ or something like that.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
And here I thought Armada was gonna say Armada was his favorite peach.

lol my favorite peach is a peach on Brinstar =D.

Or in other words Vanz's peach :laugh:

Vanz - When does your semester end? I wanna practice my peach against youz =3

MacD

Banned via Administration
And here I thought Armada was gonna say Armada was his favorite peach.

lol my favorite peach is a peach on Brinstar =D.

Or in other words Vanz's peach :laugh:

Vanz - When does your semester end? I wanna practice my peach against youz =3
get at my peach on brinstar when you get out here

shounenkel

Smash Journeyman
Oh My God... i watched some old matches of Wife when he played Ken's Marth... **** wife *****... even tho ken went fox and beat him, think other then Vidjo Armada... Wife really knows the marth peach matchup... P.s i watch thoes vids along time ago

Who do you guys think is Peach worst match Up?

Marth,

or

Fox?

Maybe Sheik?

Top Bottom