• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WHOBO 5 (MK banned) FULL RESULTS [October 19-20th, 2013 - Houston, Tx]

Status
Not open for further replies.

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Man, wish I played you Kansas guys, would've had some good matches.

Shoutouts later, still recovering/adjusting back to normal life.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
You'd have definitely beaten me
IDK about MJG though. He 3 stocked 25%'d me on live stream it was dirty as F

Best Diddy in the nation imo

Opelousai

Smash Rookie
NNID
Opelousai
I would also like to see the Melee and PM results so i can see how far i made it. I mainly want to see PM cause i got destroyed in Melee

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Looool, just take a bag and put your controller in it. I wouldn't be surprised if someone purposefully find lost controllers and throws them in the dumpster.

I would of won if I entered. Deal with it.

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace

I finally recovered so I want to say I had a blast last weekend. Whobo 5 had 140 players in attendee and I would like to give shoutouts/appreciations to everyone that attended. Special shoutouts to Texas/Houston for holding it down for your state/city, Xyro, Oracle, Beesy, Chibo and Clay for streaming, Project M/Melee/64 Community's, Esca & Sync for housing and everyone else who helped. Im looking forward to next year cause it will be bigger and better. Whobo 5 ended the series and we are going to be launching a new monthly and yearly series that will replace Hobo/Whobo. It will feature different genres of games and we will announce it soon. I will be going venue hunting in the next couple of weeks and will be looking for a venue that can accommodate 100-500 players on a monthly and yearly basis. I already have some options available so ill keep everyone informed so stay tuned. I know a few players have been asking me about if I have anymore Whobo 5 collectibles so if you want shirts/posters/bags PM me and Ill take care of you. I will be launching my new tournaments section in the next couple of weeks so keep checking back on the link were you registered to see the progress. 1 goal in this new series I want to do is to have a Houston Power Rankings to the right hand side of each page on my tournaments section this way everyone keeps updated with whats going on with the rankings for all the games that will be featured in the new series. Me and Xyro will explain more details soon. Glad everyone had a great time and will see you all soon!

(Results for 64/Melee/Project M)

Smash Bros 64 (8 Entrys)

1 M2k
2 Beesy
3 Bow
4 XKCP
5 XB4LIFE2000
5 Student
7 Cloud
7 AirbrushKing

Smash Bros Melee Low Tier (12 Entrys)

1 M2k (tied)
2 SOS (tied)
3 Ding Ding
4 Blondie
5 Float
5 Ezzy
7 Lash
7 Opelousal
9 Daniel Hall
9 Alex
9 Night
13 Cofy

Smash Bros Melee Singles (27 Entrys)

1 M2k
2 unreal
3 SOS
4 Jake13
5 Obsoleet
5 Kevin Son
7 Itakio
7 Valdens
9 Pawl
9 Float
9 Djphatz
9 Ezzy
13 Daniel Hall
13 Check Point
13 Lash
13 IO
17 Dillon
17 Opelousal
17 Cofy
17 tacos
17 Night
17 XB4LIFE2000
17 XKCP
17 Old Hobo
25 DingDing
25 CadeTheElement
25 Jimbles

Smash Bros Melee Doubles (6 Teams)

1 M2K + Alex
2 pup n' suds
3 Team All Johns
4 Pawl + GlibbyGlobby
5 Old Hobo + COFY
5 Valentine + DingDing

Project M Singles (30 Entrys)

1 M2K
2 Denti
3 Strawhat
4 Oracle
5 Kevin Son
5 Blondie
7 Xeven
7 Zachary
9 Southern Gent
9 Opelousal
9 G-Rabbit
9 SOS
13 Float
13 Cofy
13 Ding Ding
13 Leaf
17 Night
17 Since
17 Ezzy
17 Yellow
17 CadeTheElement
17 TV Blaze
17 Daniel Hall
17 XKCP
25 LKG
25 Old Hobo
25 AeroLink (Forfeited)
25 Nickriddle
25 Jimbles
25 Baby D

Project M Doubles (10 Teams)

1 Oracle + Denti
2 M2K + Alex
3 Xeven + Strawhat
4 SOS + SouthernGent
5 Itakio + Valdens
5 Zachary + Blondie
7 YellowRello + LKG
7 Opelousai + BABYD
9 Old Hobo + COFY
9 G-Rabbit + Corgi

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
The shortest one surrounded by big dudes-- Leaf didn't pick up me high enough.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
64/melee/pm are on the front page. if you wanna fill in characters, please do so and post them.

Brawlman1000

Smash Ace
NNID
Bman1K
3DS FC
2981-7986-9482
What the hell is PJ looking at? lol

Anyways, WHOBO was a blast! My first national and I'm so glad I went. Although I am kind of disappointed in some of my placings, especially since I know I could have done better but oh well maybe next time.

Shoutouts to Sync and PJ for housing me.
Shoutouts to LA for doing work.
Shoutouts to Ryo, Zero, Zeton, steep, Tesh, Esca, Run CT, KJ, Silent, and anyone else I chilled with over the weekend for being awesome!
And finally, shoutouts to Xyro and AirbrushKing for hosting such an amazing event!

Blondie.

Smash Journeyman
PM 1v1

1: M2K :fox::sheik::bowser2:
2: Denti :ivysaur:
3: Strawhat :falcon:
4: Oracle :rob::lucas:
5: Kevin Son :falcon:
5: Blondie :zelda:
7: Xeven :lucario::ike::pit:
7: Abstract Logic :diddy:
9: Southern Gent :ness2:
9: Opelousal :wario:
9: G-Rabbit :peach:
9: SOS :peach::falco::fox:
13: Float
13: Cofy
13: Dingding :link2:
13: Leaf :pit:
17: Night
17: Since
17: Ezzy
17: Yellow
17: CadeTheElement
17: TV Blaze
17: Zhea :wolf:
17: XKCP
25: LKG
25: Old Hobo
25: AeroLink (Forfeited)
25: Nickriddle
25: Jimbles
25: Baby D

PM 2v2

1: Oracle + Denti = :rob: + :ivysaur:
2: M2K + Alex = :fox: + :link2:
3: Xeven + Strawhat = :lucario: + :falcon:
4: SOS + SouthernGent = :falco: + :ness2:
5: Itakio + Valdens = ??? + :metaknight:
5: Abstract Logic + Blondie = :diddy: + :zelda:
7: YellowRello + LKG =
7: Opelousai + BABYD = :wario: + :bowser2:
9: Old Hobo + COFY = :ike: + :ness2:
9: G-Rabbit + Corgi = :peach: + :sheik:

Neon!

Smash Lord
Shoutout to Rel for carrying me in teams.

I think we're the highest placing (and only) :dk2:/:yoshi2: team ever!

This is what happens when MK is banned :O

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
shoutouts to the other half of the venue that I never went to

apparently a legendary TO named Xyro was there, shoutouts to him as well

oh for future reference my name has no spaces and only the first letter is capitalized

8Bitman

Smash Master
Despite all of the hype, and all of the fun I had, Brinstar could eat a D***!!!

YellowRello

Smash Apprentice
NNID
YellowRello
3DS FC
4141-4335-8308
Shoutout to Rel for carrying me in teams.

I think we're the highest placing (and only) :dk2:/:yoshi2: team ever!

This is what happens when MK is banned :O
I'm telling you bro we have to bring this team out again ! Good job on doubles, favorite partner

AbstractLogic

Smash Journeyman
Probably the best experience I had at a tourney to date. I love this game and the scene it has created. I want to take a minute to give some shoutouts where they are due.

The legend himself. It was awesome seeing you have so much fun in PM and I hope you continue to enjoy it.
Good job repping Project M Olimar (hippo) I really think Ivy fits you well and would like to see you stay with her even if she gets the nerf bat. It was nice talking to you and meeting you in general.
The falcon that everyone had to look out for. It was a nightmare as usual playing against that falcon and it's always fun to watch you play. Good luck with your future Roy endeavors as i'm sure you will take him to new heights as well. Shoutouts for being such a chill guy.
It was nice talking with you and playing some friendlies. Your knowledge of the game is vast and plenty of people could learn from you. You did good at making sure the bracket ran smoothly as well. You are insanely skilled at this game which is lame that The TX greed gotcha at metal cavern man :/ I know you have some regrets about some matches but you did really well despite that. I know you're feeling frustrated at times with limited characters but hey, that's the idea of playing a bunch of plebeians. Kongmunism is on the rise and always needs more recruits!
5: Kevin Son :falcon:
You have the most YOLO falcon I have ever seen. I don't even...
I'm super impressed with your performance and I'm so glad that I could team with you. We have both improved tremendously from the last national we went to and I can only look forward to where we will be at the next one. Good job at helping bring College Station into top 8!
I really enjoyed just chilling and playing friendlies with you. You are good with so many characters and I will have to come up to DFW more often to hang out with the crew there. You showed me to trust in my Wolf more when I need to get out of trouble. More Barrel spikes!
Stay free stupid monkey
9: Southern Gent :ness2: I enjoyed playing janky stages against your ness in friendlies and getting Batted. Stick with Ness, he is an asshole.

Thank you sooooo much for fixing the brackets so that brother wasnt pitted v brother so early. I'm super impressed with how you did game 1 in our set and if anyone has taught me to respect Peach, it's you.
You are disgustingly gifted man. I wish you luck in your future endeavors and I'm so stoked that you are giving P:M a chance. It truly is a great game that is getting better. I'm sure whatever you decide to do you will be a force to be reckoned with. It was nice talking a bit and learning more spacie matchup stuff.
13: Dingding :link2:
I have literally never been counterpicked to FD only to be outcamped as DIDDY KONG. Good job man.
Keep up the practice man. I had lots of fun playing you in friendlies.
Your wolf is very good man you just have to avoid the blueballs! I enjoy hanging out with you and usually learn so much about the game mechanics from talking with you. I will try to make it to as many WICs as you are willing to host. We need to keep the wolf pack strong in TX!

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Watching me vs MegaFox again, it really was as bad as I remembered it. Literally just ****ing screaming so loud that it was as loud as the commentators were on their headsets, except that it was done next to my ears the entire time (and the commentators weren't near the players). And to make things worse, I'm pretty sure the majority of it was Mike Ray and Bloodcross, 2 of the 6 players there from my region <_<
It was literally the reason why I lost that match 100%

Like I don't even want to keep posting about this but I'm so furious over it I can't get my mind off of it
See this is why you come to Canada. Not only do we stay quiet and civilized while watching matches, we're so nice that we actually apologize whenever we take each other's stocks.

G-Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
I guess I'll go next. Big shoutouts to Xyro and Airbrush King for hosting the best tournament I've been to thus far. This was my first national, and I had a blast.

Stef (Corgi) :sheik:
Thank you for being an awesome doubles partner and an even better girlfriend. Always my biggest fan, and always show nothing but love and support.

It was nice to finally meet you. I enjoyed our match, even though I got zero-to-deathed twice in a row. You're an amazing player and congrats on winning.

You had my so hype when you were wrecking shop with Ivysaur. I know people complain that she's OP, but you were playing extremely well with her, and you deserve your placing.

I always enjoy playing you. From Peach v CF, to Toon Link dittos, you're a fun person to be around. I love that you're so talented at this game, but maintain your composure in a very modest way. You truly have the heart of a champion.

It was great seeing you again. Thank you for helping the P:M bracket run smoothly as always. I was happy to see that you haven't given up on the robot. It still looks as nice as ever.

Great job repping A&M. You, Zach, and I did work, but we have to keep getting better. Congrats on being the highest ranked Zelda in a national.

I had so much fun finally meeting you and playing with you. We definitely have to get more in the next time we meet.

Congratulations. I'm proud of your progress over the past few months. I didn't even have salt after losing to you, just a feeling of pride. With that being said, my Peach is still leveling up, so expect me to bring it even harder next time.

9: Southern Gent :ness2:
Ness is such a fun character. I didn't get a chance to play 1v1 friendlies with you, but hopefully we can play some at one of the SA monthlies.

Great job for your first national. We gotta do better though. Do work!

Great job on 9th in a game that you don't play very often. I'm glad we're starting to get you more interested in P:M.

13: Cofy :mario:
Great job for your first P:M tourney. I'm glad we got to play a little.

We didn't get to play this time around, but from what I could see, your Pit has gotten better since Uprise. Keep up the good work.

I'm glad we got to get some friendlies in. Keep working on that Wolf, you'll get better with time. I look forward to playing again in SA (even though I can't make WIC3, I'll try to make the next one.)

Tesh :sonic:
I enjoyed playing you in Brawl Mid-Tier. Your Sonic is good, and I felt like I was learning a bit playing with you.

DeLux

Alright guys, time to do those shout outs:

First shout outs are going to go to my carpool.
Zeton, MJG, Bpow, Fujin it was an amazing time
Shoutouts to Fujin for not taking the $100 and forcing us all to go to Whobo instead of spending the weekend getting nasty with a bottle full of everclear and a monkey trained to operate a video camera.
Shoutouts to Bpow never figuring out how to solve the Wario riddle. And for always being generally awesome
Shoutouts to Zeton for freaking entering midtier singles my god. Just keep working on what we talked about and you'll be going far. Be you, throw what you know, meta knight or quit
Shoutouts to MJG for driving for 30 minutes of the 27 hours worth of driving.
Shoutouts to "It's all coming back to me now" - Celine Deon, "Keep on loving you" - REO Speedwagon, and my "A Thousand Miles" from my main lady Vanessa Carlton. Also shout outs to Chvrches "Mother we Share"
Shoutouts to Denny's and the worst server and Bpow's all you can eat 3 pancakes. And shoutouts to the feasts MJG and I put on an economical budget
Shoutouts to Houston traffic making me throw up
Shoutouts to Jack in the Box for making us go through Houston traffic

Second shoutouts go to the stream crew:
Shoutouts to Papa Chibo for putting in that work. I had an extremely good time commentating and did the best I could despite feeling like dying from sleep deprevation the whole weekend. Next time I commentate for you, I vow to cut my "uhhs" by 75% :p And thank you for letting me spread word on the Bionic fundraiser on the stream.
Shoutouts to MVD for keeping his promise to see me in grandfinals. You lost me $5 since I made a side bet that you'd top 5 this tournament so kinda salty. Shoutouts to our taste in women at Denny's though
Shoutouts to Inui for being a strong lead commentator all weekend. You did amazing and hopefully I'll one day have the respect that you have from members of the community.
Shoutouts to Stef aka pidgezeroone aka a billion other handles. I was extremely impressed with how well you handled yourself on the mic. I felt like I had the best chemistry in terms of calling a match with you of all the people all weekend, and you do great when you take it seriously. You should keep pursuing this for sure!
Any of the other commentators that I split time with (seagull, zano, etc.) shoutouts for holding it down!

Shoutouts to everyone I played;
Shoutouts to my pool: I normally HATE playing pools but I had a great time playing pools. I'm sorry for everyone hating ICs though, so my bad. Shoutouts to Mekos for yelling his way to taking a game because I was laughing my ass off the whole time. Shouts to Steep for them money bags on Chibo. Shout outs to Chibo for grabbing the ledge. Shoutouts to Jerm forgetting that you can land with Zair my god. Shoutouts to Panic for letting me avenge my loss against wolf kind since my last time I played against wolf I lost to random Con wolf. Shoutouts to Zano and Goten for legitimately scaring me that I might drop games. Shoutouts to best of two pools with no CPs buffing ICs. Shoutouts to the KS style commentary when Chibo played on stream.

Shoutouts to M2k's DDD that I couldn't beat. Shoutouts to Rich Brown's terrifying MK and Luigi. Shoutouts to BSP bodying me. Shoutouts to Espy's Bowser giving me the business on stream. Shoutouts to that Pikachu hat wearing girl that played me when nobody else would I don't know her tag. Shoutouts to M2k vs me on stream on Big Blue

Shoutouts to my bracket matches
Shoutouts to Mike Ray for forgetting about my ZSS and taking me to Brinstar
Shoutouts to Z for going Pikachu, I left you an educational video on FB that you can drink to if you remember
Shoutouts to Gnes for having a Diddy that's a work of art and I told him that before we play. And then he goes TL and almost beats me with that
Shoutouts to MJG for ****ing hold it down with me and showing the world that KS is mother****ing piece of **** God Damn holy **** broken ass piece of **** every tournament. 10-83 or something like that and we almost had that whole "4steak" thing on lock. Shoutouts to 3 stock 25%ing me on stream with Diddy after I beat Gnes haha top 1 Diddy in the world. Except against ZSS. Shoutouts to you getting hit by every gimmick int he world LOL
Shoutouts to Denti for beating me with Olimar. I TOLD you you'd beat me next time we played. But still, it's Olimar and I lost to him so I am dishonored. But it's alright I can live with that being my last tournament loss where I cared about winning/losing

Random Shoutouts:
Shoutouts to Tesh getting that bad smelling chinese place. Shoutouts to Mekos and I trying to guess who everyone was haha
Shoutouts to Port City for making it to a touranment. I'm kinda salty that you didn't upset the world though
Shoutouts to M2k's Standup Comedy routine at Denny's
Shout outs to the character diversity. 9 characters in top 8? 12 characters in top 12? Bitter sweet in what could have been. I love me some MK Banned Results
Shoutouts to Meta Knight Or Quit. That MKOQ Block Motto
Shoutouts to Illmatic for having the coolest transcendental post tournament talk I've had in my life. my lifeeeeeee

Shoutouts to driving 26 hours for a weekend but still having a good time.
Shoutouts to sleeping like 8 hours all weekend but still having a great time.

Shoutouts to Xyro for hosting the most rewarding national tournament I have been to in my entire life. It was by far my best out of state tournament experience and I'm glad it was one I could go out on!

SHOUTOUTs TO BEING RETIRED FROM THIS GAME

If I forgot you hit me up and I'll give you a shoutout :)
If you want a more detailed one same deal

Tesh

Smash Hero
Shutdown4whobo

edit: that was kind of the dumbest way to do pools from what I heard. my pool were just did striking both games (which is fair enough with 7 starters), i heard some people did random lol

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Shoutouts to Fujin for not taking the $100 and forcing us all to go to Whobo instead of spending the weekend getting nasty with a bottle full of everclear and a monkey trained to operate a video camera.

lmao explain this, PLEASE

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
DeLux I had a great time commentating with you. We should do it again sometime if we find ourselves at the same tournament again. :)

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
- Friendlies
Zeton and ToSm - Y'alls Links are mad crazy. Sick fun in friendlies, a challenge getting inside
Run CT and "ARMOR" - Cool doubles friendlies with y'all, would've liked to 1v1 y'all at some point

- Poolies
Leaf - Lol damn you're in my pool. Sad you weren't all that into trying this time around. At least your Kirby didn't suck and swallow. [Do you?]
Kirby - Oh **** good to actually see you in reals. Marth is def a bit of a roadblock for me, good of ya to punish me -- 'cept for a few USmashes <:
8Bitman - Don't see too many ROBs round my parts, but I sure do love some item play gg
Brawlman - Aw snaps, Sonics. Good to play a Sonic again despite having Espy and Zero around my area. You kept it chill, nothing fancy, just a good fashion beat down
Bloodcross - Damn, one simply cannot outwit the chokehold and sleep. Outplayed hard, can't even count the amount of mistakes against you.
MJG - A fellow half-Diddy in our Diddy-laden pool, though understandable to be Snake. Keep on keeping me off stage.
Fliphop - I tried to main Fliphop. But I failed horribly. Thanks for the friendlies and Monkey Flip[hop] tips afterwards. The **** was the highlight of my weekend
DJ Phatz - A chimp's gotta do what a chimp's gotta do. We peel, we throw, we spike. Barrels of them. GGs, good ol' breakfast run.

- Hometownies
Espy and Megafox - Good stuffs Low Tier Doubles. Watched most of y'alls Mid Tiers, shame things didn't go as far as we'd like to see it go.
Valdens - 3 SA'ians outta pools, gotta pride in this
Slush - This is why I enjoy everyone being so tired from lack of sleep, that the silliest of **** happens. We brought the racism to Whataburger lunch

- Hosties
Xyro - The first time I seen the green armor look so good in person. Thanks for the weekend, wish I was there for the years.
Airbrush King - You so chill. I Would've-Should've attended all these HOBOs and WHOBOs but missed out.

Yo Lycan, what up with buttering up my Diddy, sandbagging first game into you being 3 stocked, me declining your character lock money match, then deciding to finally reveal your skill level kicking my ass the next two games? I woulda been a big sucka if I agreed to it. Easy money right?

DeLux

lmao explain this, PLEASE
So no offense, but SKTAR and all the drama associated with it going on with the rest of my life kind of ruined brawl for me. The idea of driving 14 hours for another brawl tournament really did not sound appealing. I also had to work from 1pm until 3:30am on Friday, and then do court ordered community service from 5:30 to 8am immediately after. That being said, I killed our original plan to leave immediately after doing community service and drive due to being exhausted in a hopes to maybe convince people to not go. Everyone except Fujin was on board, so I literally told him, "I will give you the $100 I planned to spend on hotel and gas on this trip AND buy your bus ticket home if we don't have to go." He didn't relent so we went for the tournament.

Had we not gone, I have a handle of everclear in my fridge waiting for consumption. That would have been enough to get seriously trashed for the entire weekend. And had an amazing time. Probably would have live streamed our beer pong shenanigans since I love me some beer pong

But Fujin made us all go, so we were all pretty salty at him lol

Despite the experience being super rewarding, hitting the bottle still might have been more fun hahaha

DeLux I had a great time commentating with you. We should do it again sometime if we find ourselves at the same tournament again. :)
Please do, static teammates?

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
- Friendlies
Zeton and ToSm - Y'alls Links are mad crazy. Sick fun in friendlies, a challenge getting inside
Run CT and "ARMOR" - Cool doubles friendlies with y'all, would've liked to 1v1 y'all at some point

- Poolies
Leaf - Lol damn you're in my pool. Sad you weren't all that into trying this time around. At least your Kirby didn't suck and swallow. [Do you?]
Kirby - Oh **** good to actually see you in reals. Marth is def a bit of a roadblock for me, good of ya to punish me -- 'cept for a few USmashes <:
8Bitman - Don't see too many ROBs round my parts, but I sure do love some item play gg
Brawlman - Aw snaps, Sonics. Good to play a Sonic again despite having Espy and Zero around my area. You kept it chill, nothing fancy, just a good fashion beat down
Bloodcross - Damn, one simply cannot outwit the chokehold and sleep. Outplayed hard, can't even count the amount of mistakes against you.
MJG - A fellow half-Diddy in our Diddy-laden pool, though understandable to be Snake. Keep on keeping me off stage.
Fliphop - I tried to main Fliphop. But I failed horribly. Thanks for the friendlies and Monkey Flip[hop] tips afterwards. The **** was the highlight of my weekend
DJ Phatz - A chimp's gotta do what a chimp's gotta do. We peel, we throw, we spike. Barrels of them. GGs, good ol' breakfast run.

- Hometownies
Espy and Megafox - Good stuffs Low Tier Doubles. Watched most of y'alls Mid Tiers, shame things didn't go as far as we'd like to see it go.
Valdens - 3 SA'ians outta pools, gotta pride in this
Slush - This is why I enjoy everyone being so tired from lack of sleep, that the silliest of **** happens. We brought the racism to Whataburger lunch

- Hosties
Xyro - The first time I seen the green armor look so good in person. Thanks for the weekend, wish I was there for the years.
Airbrush King - You so chill. I Would've-Should've attended all these HOBOs and WHOBOs but missed out.

Yo Lycan, what up with buttering up my Diddy, sandbagging first game into you being 3 stocked, me declining your character lock money match, then deciding to finally reveal your skill level kicking my *** the next two games? I woulda been a big sucka if I agreed to it. Easy money right?

Lycan does not check swf.

:018:

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Full shoutouts are hard, so I'm just going to do what I can off of memory.

I think this was my first tournament since APEX, and the one before that was probably WABA... looks like once you start traveling to nationals, regular local/regional tournaments just aren't going to cut it lol. I had an awesome time meeting everyone, Houston's scene felt really welcoming and I enjoyed every second of my time there. Kinda sad that it seems like everyone is starting to quit, but hopefully people will try to make it out to APEX :3

Xyro/ABK - Thanks a ton for hosting this event and taking care of everyone who needed the help, I had a great time and can't wait for the next series to start up :D Everything ran pretty smoothly, I'm not a huge fan of the pools thing but understand why it was done. An announcement would've been nice though, barely anyone knew what was up :x I'm a bit sad you're done hosting Brawl, now who's going to throw legit mid-tier tournaments :(
Sync/Asa - Holy crap you guys housed a ton of people lol. Thanks for the help with rides, I really appreciate it. People like you guys are a big part of the reason these tournaments are as successful as they are.
Stef/Ryan - It was great meeting you two! A bit sad I didn't get to say bye to Ryan before he left, and I doubt he'll check this lol, but cool dude. Teaming was fun btw. And I'm not quite as pissed at your antics as you might want to believe, Stef :p Those puns are absolutely terrible though.
Chibo - Thanks for all your work with the stream, it's definitely appreciated. You've improved a bunch since I last saw you (which was like, eons ago lol), good stuff in tournament!
Inui - Thanks for fixing pools when randomly generating them put Seagull, Lycan, and I in the same one lol. The Wolf's Curse lives on.
Vinnie - GGs and good seeing you as usual!
BC/MikeRay - You guys are amusing, and cooler than most people probably give you credit for.
Ryo - That was one hell of a comeback, impressive stuff as always. Hope you're feeling better!
True Blue - Sonic beats Wolf, admit it :3 Fun hanging out with you as usual, lmk if we're ever at the same tournament and you need a doubles partner, which will probably be never but oh well haha. Hope to see you at APEX!
8bitman - Didn't really get to talk to you much but we should totally play next time.
Seagull - Always a pleasure, you're lucky we never dittoed in tournament ;) good work though, keep it up! We should set up a Wolf crew for MMing other characters next APEX and actually do it, I should actually have the time now that I'm not housing people lol. Double-character teams too good btw
PaNiC - I had no idea what you looked like so I didn't accept your friend request on Facebook for the longest time haha, my bad.
Lycan - GGs and all that fun stuff, I still can't believe how hard you try to hustle people lmao...
Z - GGs in mid-tiers, I gotta work on that MU. Good stuff with your placements overall, you're a cool dude and it was a pleasure meeting you.
Fujin - GGs in pools, you're pretty chill despite your online antics lol
Itakio - GGs in pools, you're pretty good and know way too much about Wolf for someone who supposedly doesn't play him that much haha. Hope to see you around!
Valdens - Nice meeting you, double-character teams too good
Mekos - Super fun and super close matches, I got you next time haha. Congratulations on winning the mid-tier trophy!
Gnes - Who has PS2 practice, come on now lmao. Fun matches though, congrats on 5th!
Espy - It was nice to finally meeting you in-person and attaching a face to the name, hope to see you at APEX!
BPOW - Always a pleasure, tell Rob to get his butt out to a national soon :p
PJ - GGs in pools. The instant I walked through the door at Sync's you called me out for camping too much lmao, I had no idea it was that big of a problem but thanks for the heads up. Gonna try working on that.
DJ Fats's carpool (DJ Fats, Tesh, CT) - You guys are good company, and we probably shouldn't have tipped that waiter at Denny's as much as we did but whatever lol
The Mario mains - You guys were surprisingly legit from what I saw/played, good stuff.
Illmatic/MJG - Wish I got to meet you guys and play some games, but oh well, maybe next time.
Paper - Thanks a bunch for the friendlies, your G&W is legit. I should really stop being bad and FFAD through nair... I swear if you hadn't told me something that obvious it wouldn't have crossed my mind for a long time >__>
Rich Brown - Good seeing you dude, nice work in singles!
All the Olimars - Wish I got to play you guys as well, but oh well. There are too many Olimars in TX lol
Lux - Happy? :p apologies for being lame.
Everyone else - Yoooo sorry if I forgot to mention you because my memory is bad but this tournament and everyone at it was awesome so what's good

Until next time!

:059:

DeLux

Anti Shoutouts to Ish for not saying hi to me at all during the tournament. I waved at you and everything

Anti shoutouts for Xyro for us failiing to do the Pink Death

Anti Shoutouts to all those money matches I scheduled and never played

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
Lycan is like the most obvious sandbagger ever lolol. I kinda feel bad for anyone who actually fell for that, and I'm sure someone did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom