• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WHOBO 5 (MK banned) FULL RESULTS [October 19-20th, 2013 - Houston, Tx]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I actually gave my feedback on Sonic to Neko way back before Sonic was even added.
Most of my suggestions and/or reviews of Sonic's setup went ignored. :applejack:

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
CHIBO I TRUSTED YOU AND THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED?

:(

I didn't have any plans for commentary for any game but Brawl and just asked ABK if there were commentators ready and that's what I got, that and what I could get from asking around the venue :/
I thought I was just streaming Brawl there originally lol.

Also on the note, please don't be a commentator if you have a giant image of a pot leaf on your shirt <_< If you notice some of the melee matches never showed the commentator camera >_>

Vinnie

Smash Master
...but a little bit of screaming stopped you from playing GnW on rainbow cruise?

There's a line and it was crossed.

The really sad thing is that you and Chibo couldn't handle some noise when both of you have travelled across the planet playing this game and dealing with thousands of spectators.
In Japan, no matter how tense things got, they were 100% respectful and even clapped for you if you did cool stuff / won. I don't expect this to be the case 100% of the time, obviously. Hell, I expect heckling. You're acting like this is the first time I've ever come across heckling. This was much worse than heckling. Literally piercing screams in my ear. No hype, just a piercing scream from Illmatic (less than 2 feet behind me) and Bloodcross/Mikeray/ maybe others (5 feet).

As a competitor you need to find a way to deal with it.
No ****, as I have. This and Cali were the only tourneys that I attended where audio was banned >_> I had to literally suppress my ear drum just to keep up, I felt like it was an outside obstacle.

Nkguy01

Smash Apprentice
I actually enjoy watching/playing all of the smash games/mods...some more than others but I enjoy them all nonetheless. The little respect I had for you is lost now. It seemed like you (Espy) had no motivation or reason to say something negative about project m. Why not let others be? Anyway, I have always enjoyed your sonic...I even cheered for you at hobo 30 against denti, lmao...but that comment just seemed unwarranted. It's like homophobes spouting a bunch of derogotory terms? Are you a closet pm player? LOLLLLL It's not really the case, but either way, maybe I'm just new to the smash community forums in general and people prob post "bait" or whatever, all of the time.

Brawlman1000

Smash Ace
NNID
Bman1K
3DS FC
2981-7986-9482
The way Sonic was supposed to be played? Did I just ****ing read that? **** you, and Project M. You've given me the absolute perfect reason to never touch the game ever again if that is honestly how your ****ty community justifies itself.

Neko and co ruined the way Sonic was supposed to be played.

I don't play Project M for a multitude of reasons. It's just an imperfect, unpolished Melee. It's boring and gimmicky. It's a bunch of players who completely fail at fully understand Melee AND Brawl playing God with characters and stages they have yet to fully grasp. It's tasteless. It panders to a community that likes to throw it around like it's the second coming of Jesus at times. It's absolutely pathetic.

Destroying Sonic's moveset just to pander to people like Neko, who have zero understanding for the reason why Sonic plays the way he does in Brawl, is one of the bigger reasons why I despise what the dev team did to Sonic. It's a complete **** you to the original creator to completely alter the moveset just because Project M's team thinks they know better. It'd be pitiful if it wasn't so despicable.

Sonic didn't deserve to be gutted like that. No character does, and it sickens me to think that there's a group of players out there that actually enjoy this sick, twisted, *******ized result of a drunken, drugged menage-a-trois between Melee, Brawl, and a group of mediocre players. If the former two were actual people, I'm damn sure they would've filed a restraining order by now for how much you've fondled their **** against their will.

Don't you ever dare have the ****ing audacity of thinking you and your Project M flunkies know how Sonic should ever be played.

Especially not to me.

:applejack:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVvRwtzHcWI

Papa+Stone

Banned via Administration
I dont understand why people even like sonic. He is gay, he looks gay, he sounds gay, and he welcomes his anal **** when he is in prison. I hope that he contracts aids from his next pounding, what a ****ty character. So glad no one plays him so he doesnt spread his scabies all over me.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
btw m2k your BO is extremely obnoxious take a shower pls

just thought id let u know

but on the real though, sorry about my pm commentary. i was a little sick and exhausted from running the tournament, so i was not in the best state of mind to get on the mic. I probably should have declined when chibo asked me to commentate

The way Sonic was supposed to be played? Did I just ****ing read that? **** you, and Project M. You've given me the absolute perfect reason to never touch the game ever again if that is honestly how your ****ty community justifies itself.

I don't play Project M for a multitude of reasons. It's just an imperfect, unpolished Melee. It's boring and gimmicky. It's a bunch of players who completely fail at fully understand Melee AND Brawl playing God with characters and stages they have yet to fully grasp. It's tasteless. It panders to a community that likes to throw it around like it's the second coming of Jesus at times. It's absolutely pathetic.

Destroying Sonic's moveset just to pander to people like Neko, who have zero understanding for the reason why Sonic plays the way he does in Brawl, is one of the bigger reasons why I despise what the dev team did to Sonic. It's a complete **** you to the original creator to completely alter the moveset just because Project M's team thinks they know better. It'd be pitiful if it wasn't so despicable.

Sonic didn't deserve to be gutted like that. No character does, and it sickens me to think that there's a group of players out there that actually enjoythis sick, twisted, *******ized result of a drunken, drugged menage-a-trois between Melee, Brawl, and a group of mediocre players. If the former two were actual people, I'm damn sure they would've filed a restraining order by now for how much you've fondled their **** against their will.

Don't you ever dare have the ****ing audacity of thinking you and your Project M flunkies know how Sonic should ever be played.

Especially not to me.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
So like...
Are you saying Espy doesn't understand the game and sonic? Cause the subject is still about a new gen getting burned for opening his mouth.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I actually enjoy watching/playing all of the smash games/mods...some more than others but I enjoy them all nonetheless. The little respect I had for you is lost now. It seemed like you (Espy) had no motivation or reason to say something negative about project m. Why not let others be? Anyway, I have always enjoyed your sonic...I even cheered for you at hobo 30 against denti, lmao...but that comment just seemed unwarranted. It's like homophobes spouting a bunch of derogotory terms? Are you a closet pm player? LOLLLLL It's not really the case, but either way, maybe I'm just new to the smash community forums in general and people prob post "bait" or whatever, all of the time.
So people can't illustrate their distaste for something? I wasn't aware.

=====

In all seriousness, I have every right to dislike a game if I so choose. That's my motivation and drive. Above that, anyone is allowed to dislike anything they like whenever they want. As long as no one is getting hurt, then exactly what is the problem?

I admire that you have that kind of perspective on expression. It's pleasant, but that kind of antiquated world- one where criticisms both enlightening and blindly seething are restricted- doesn't exist. You can't escape the fact that sometimes, people will hate something for silly or justified reasons. You say I have no rhyme or reason to be negative about something? Would it be fair game for me to say that players like you, who take offense to that kind of banter, should develop some thick skin about the same issues?

If the P:Mers/you really wanted to look better after this silly little facade, then your best option would've been to walk away, and let my rant just bounce off. Take it as... entertainment value, if anything else.

Unless being the white knight is your role, then in that case, game on. As long as you know your role, I know mine.

=====

I don't care too much for respect from someone that I'll probably never meet, talk to, or bond with in my life. There's no value in something like that. It's a shame that I don't have yours, but if you can't endure a little criticism, then it's probably for the best.

I just play this game to have a good time and to connect with friends that I've been somewhat detached to for some time now. It's my means of meeting people I enjoy being around. Having a player's respect or admiration is never a priority for me, even if it is kinda nice.

Though I do enjoy pleasing the crowd.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Spoilers: just because someone throws a slur at a homosexual that does NOT mean they are a homophobe.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
I dont understand why people even like sonic. He is gay, he looks gay, he sounds gay, and he welcomes his anal **** when he is in prison. I hope that he contracts aids from his next pounding, what a ****ty character. So glad no one plays him so he doesnt spread his scabies all over me.
it's not exactly **** when u voluntarily welcome it

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
Spoilers: just because someone throws a slur at a homosexual that does NOT mean they are a homophobe.
actually yes it does, learn some creativity you god damn baby

good lord, y'all really hate the fact that some people play a game you dislike, incredible

Giygacoal

Smash Lord

Sonic didn't deserve to be gutted like that. No character does, and it sickens me to think that there's a group of players out there that actually enjoy this sick, twisted, *******ized result of a drunken, drugged menage-a-trois between Melee, Brawl, and a group of mediocre players. If the former two were actual people, I'm damn sure they would've filed a restraining order by now for how much you've fondled their **** against their will.

Especially not to me.

Imperfect, unpolished Melee

It's better than Melee already.

Destroying Sonic's moveset just to pander to people like Neko

He has lots of new animations that fit well. You should be grateful.

It's a bunch of players who completely fail at fully understand Melee AND Brawl

Then explain why many people (supposedly including M2K, who plays all Smash games; just going by what I've read) say Project M is the best.

Especially not to me.

What an incredibly selfish and delusional mentality.

It's a complete **** you to the original creator to completely alter the moveset just because Project M's team thinks they know better.

No, it's personal preference. I doubt anybody in the PMBR would actually be that rude to Sakurai IRL. Besides, it's kind of the Brawl team's fault for not giving Sonic more interesting moves when there's already so much history behind the character. The same could be said about any of the clone characters.

I'm damn sure they would've filed a restraining order by now for how much you've fondled their **** against their will.

Is your stance based entirely around the fact that PM is a mod? You offered your suggestions for the character (which, as you say, went ignored), so you're not making any sense.

It's boring and gimmicky.
How?

playing God with characters and stages they have yet to fully grasp.
Yeah, they're providing players with the tools to come up with stuff even they haven't foreseen. Your point? What, are you implying that Sakurai mapped out every possible situation before Brawl was published?

You've given me the absolute perfect reason to never touch the game ever again if that is honestly how your ****ty community justifies itself.
Good. Our community doesn't want to play with terrible people like you anyway.

It panders to a community that likes to throw it around like it's the second coming of Jesus at times. It's absolutely pathetic.
It's called hype. It's a common fan reaction.

Papa+Stone

Hey now I never fight a man when hes outnumbered so I figured id come in here and give the SB some blackup but it seems the pm guys have that covered already.

Xyro77

actually yes it does, learn some creativity you god damn baby

good lord, y'all really hate the fact that some people play a game you dislike, incredible
So if I call broccoli a big fat green mini tree bich, it means I'm a Broccoliphobe? No. It means I insulted broccoli based off the fact it's green. Nothing more.

Phobia is the fear of something. I don't fear broccoli. I FUKCING eat that green wimp and in return it helps me poop better.

Suck it, PM NERD.

Oh wait, that's a slur/insult/anti nerd phrase. I must be a NERDPHOBE!

ROFL LMAO LOL TEEHEE HAHAHAH @ PM AND ANYBODY WHO DEFENDS IT!

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
this is some grand ol' discussion going on

starting to figure out why everyone else wants to be separated from the brawl community as far away as possible

y'all take this way too personally, and I'd feel a bit sad if I wasn't laughing so hard at Brony McFedoradoff's anger over a single character

Papa+Stone

Lol bronies are ******s no seriously why do you guys even care what he thinks just pretend he doesnt exist

turtletank

Smash Journeyman
So if I call broccoli a big fat green mini tree bich, it means I'm a Broccoliphobe? No. It means I insulted broccoli based off the fact it's green. Nothing more.

Phobia is the fear of something. I don't fear broccoli. I FUKCING eat that green wimp and in return it helps me poop better.
You're a big fat mini tree *****, but don't think that I'm xyrophobic. Your rage helps me poop better

EDIT: That sounded better in my head.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko

Especially not to me.

lol

my impact on sonic has been minimal to none for like the last 3 versions. it wasnt even very significant prior to as well. dont pin me as a lead for this character.

Please don't drag my name into this.

What Sonic is right now is most definitely not what I had in mind.

and @ "knowing why sonic plays the way he does in Brawl"

no one here is sakurai. no one here knows exactly why sonic is designed the way he is in Brawl. we can only make assumptions and guesses. going off that, knowing that we don't know what sakurai was thinking, we don't know how sonic is "supposed" to play in the competitive environment. we've just adapted a playstyle for him to thrive in the competitive environment. for all we know, sonic is "supposed" to be a character that uses his speed to quickly grab items to rely on when the game is played the way sakurai envisions brawl.

edit: sakurai is no god, nor does he know best. he makes mistakes just like the rest of us. just like in all 3 smash games, various things can be improved. he's not an end all be all.

edit: the br doesnt act like we know better or that we can do better than sakurai. we simply do what we feel can produce a more entertaining, wholesome mod of a game, that creates what we enjoy about melee and does it well to the point everyone can enjoy it. or mostly everyone.

not every is going to agree with our changes because game design is largely subjective. largely subjective. the result of a game is just as much a unique personality, as it is an objectively good/bad game.

if we happen to take a design choice that is different than what you accept, then so be it. It happens all the time when it comes to making games.

Xyro77

We separate you from brawl because you are a inferior modded game who will NEVER live among the legendary games like melee or connect 4. You take characters and "mold" them into what you wanted in a smash game all these years and then it turns out to suck s h I t SOOOO bad that you gotta remold them again. THEN you start losing to ivysaure or fox or marth or snorlax so you gotta remold those characters cause god knows we can't have people learn to COUNTER PICK or GET BETTER in a modded form of dog s h I t. Instead, you take the lazy route.

Oh and F you and the whole project TRASH scene. Where the flying flaming FUKC is my gat dam SAMUS? I deserve some ice missiles that keep you frozen for 10 seconds (regardless of what I do to you in those 10 secs). I deserve 2 Zairs. One that comes out of my azz and one out my left arm so that I'm covered front and back. I also want my super wave dash back. Oh and while I am super wave dashing, I want bananas and mini metaknight tornados to spew out of it and lock on to the enemy.

Until this **** is added into PM, it's a **** game.

Papa+Stone

^^ filthy brony post above me excuse me sir i beleive we have regular person problems thank you nobody cares about you or cinnamom sparkle

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
We separate you from brawl because you are a inferior modded game who will NEVER live among the legendary games like melee or connect 4. You take characters and "mold" them into what you wanted in a smash game all these years and then it turns out to suck s h I t SOOOO bad that you gotta remold them again. THEN you start losing to ivysaure or fox or marth or snorlax so you gotta remold those characters cause god knows we can't have people learn to COUNTER PICK or GET BETTER in a modded form of dog s h I t. Instead, you take the lazy route.

Oh and F you and the whole project TRASH scene. Where the flying flaming FUKC is my gat dam SAMUS? I deserve some ice missiles that keep you frozen for 10 seconds (regardless of what I do to you in those 10 secs). I deserve 2 Zairs. One that comes out of my *** and one out my left arm so that I'm covered front and back. I also want my super wave dash back. Oh and while I am super wave dashing, I want bananas and mini metaknight tornados to spew out of it and lock on to the enemy.

Until this **** is added into PM, it's a **** game.
quick tip, friend: when you're putting several dozen times the effort over everyone else, that's called "sociopathy", not trolling

Xyro77

I literally put zero effort into what I do. Making fun of you and your poop game is EASY.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Don't take Xyro seriously. lol

Ya'll dont reside in texas so you dont know him like the smashers in texas do.

Xyro is easily one of the greatest posters and trolls on smashboards lmao

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
I just don't think spending small essays vainly trying to turn your anger into something it's not in order to "get people mad" (the people, of course, always being whoever made you mad, b/c teens are teens) is even a bit productive

Xyro77

I say what I say when I want and how I want. If you get mad, DEAL WITH IT. If you don't, I'll try harder.

Xyro77

PM are the kids who play Hide n go seek cause tag was too physically demanding and hide n seek was to confusing.
Or the dummies who think ordering 19 Big Macs with a DIET coke is "eating healthy"

Melee=steak
Brawl=oat meal
Ssb64=fruit
PM=maggots dipped in rhinoceros pee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom