• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who is the next "Top Player"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryobeat

Smash Ace
I dont know, i've just been wondering this, i dont even have an answer myself, but we all know Melee's Top players, that being Dr.PP, Armada, Mango, Hbox, Mew2king. I want to know who is going to be the next one to sit beside them at that level?

Geenareeno

Smash Lord
Westballz if he travels enough. Plup is he travels enough. Javi if he travels enough. Maybe like s2j/shroomed or an IC player.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
ICs are barely any better than Ganon. Their chances to be at that level is very minimal as it requires insane technical precision to pull off every trick they have while Ganon has it more simple technical wise.. it's much harder to be precise and capitalize. They both have strong weaknesses.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Leffen will probably be up there soon enough. If he goes then I expect him to make top 8 at Apex 2013. His rate of improvement is kind of scarey.

Twinkles

Smash Lord
leffen's getting better
if he gets top 8 at Apex 2013, i might shoot myself in the mouth though

twizzlerj

Smash Journeyman
lmao at leffen even though im really not one to talk. Anyway kirbykaze, lovage and maybe javi if hes at more nationals and ****

leffen

Smash Champion
IVP already is 3rd in sweden, and he has been since I became second 1½ years ago

I really hope he starts playing again. No competition within 7 hours sucks balls

Battlecow

Play to Win
Leffen will probably be up there soon enough. If he goes then I expect him to make top 8 at Apex 2013. His rate of improvement is kind of scarey.
I don't know who you are but if you're an ex-girlfriend of mine trying to kill me with a smashboards-inspired heart attack, it won't work.

Probably.

Ryobeat

Smash Ace
I dont expect top 8 at Apex, but he is getting good. I'd say like Westballz or maybe SFAT, or quite possibly BAM!.

Edit: Okay maybe not bam, replace that with LOVAGE, his fox is attractive.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
IVP already is 3rd in sweden, and he has been since I became second 1½ years ago

I really hope he starts playing again. No competition within 7 hours sucks balls
i meant that you'll be 3rd
and you havent been second for that long, i dont know what happened then but we all know youre always wrong when it comes to seedings so i will correctly assume that you are wrong.

_Rocky_

Smash Ace
i meant that you'll be 3rd
and you havent been second for that long, i dont know what happened then but we all know youre always wrong when it comes to seedings so i will correctly assume that you are wrong.
you know how it is
getting 3rd for the first time at a tourney in sweden = 2nd in sweden just like beating Ice in one set at one of his worst tourneys in a while obviously means you're 2nd in europe

leffen

Smash Champion
lmaoooo

idk how you fail to remember that I got 2nd at the finish tournament, since you were there, but I guess thats to be expected of you.

and anyone with a couple of IQ points would know that me sayin that im 2nd in europe is a obvious troll (ive said this numerous times irl if you want to check it). Me/Ice/Amsah are more or less tied.

also "worst tournament in a while"
lmaaooooo. My falco always had a big advantage any time we played in friendlies or w/e (started at ESA5). I saved falco for this tournament for that reason
Ice is terrible against Falcos who don't fall for his bull****. See him losing to fuzzyness' bad falco on FD at ESA5 for example.

Ice shouldn't even have beat Zgetto lolz

leffen

Smash Champion
Amsah had already lost to Remen (and he always does, which pulls him down) and then Remen fortfeited, (he knew he'd lose)
No decent TO would ever allow it, but since the TO happened to be Remen, trolololol.

Over loses to Nedech and Zgetto, both of which I beat :>
Sheik is obviously a very weak matchup for me, but I'm working on it :i

_Rocky_

Smash Ace
lmaoooo

idk how you fail to remember that I got 2nd at the finish tournament, since you were there, but I guess thats to be expected of you.

and anyone with a couple of IQ points would know that me sayin that im 2nd in europe is a obvious troll (ive said this numerous times irl if you want to check it). Me/Ice/Amsah are more or less tied.
I didn't address the finnish tournament because it didn't happen 1½ years ago but rather ~15 months ago. Unless you have a warped sense of time saying you were 2nd in Sweden 1½ years ago would make people think you were referring to the tournament where you beat IVP (and outplaced Hack) for the first time.

If you really thought yourself that "2nd in Europe" is a troll, you wouldn't need to constantly say so whenever somebody points out the fallacies. 0/10

also "worst tournament in a while"
lmaaooooo. My falco always had a big advantage any time we played in friendlies or w/e (started at ESA5). I saved falco for this tournament for that reason
Ice is terrible against Falcos who don't fall for his bull****. See him losing to fuzzyness' bad falco on FD at ESA5 for example.
OK.

Ice shouldn't even have beat Zgetto lolz
See, that's why I consider SR to have been his worst tourney in a while. And for the record, you shouldn't have beaten Zgetto either. :)

Amsah had already lost to Remen (and he always does, which pulls him down) and then Remen fortfeited, (he knew he'd lose)
No decent TO would ever allow it, but since the TO happened to be Remen, trolololol.
I doubt Remen would actually say that, but OK. Also, you should be more careful about calling people bad TO's when you've made your fair shares of mistakes and odd decisions as a TO yourself.

Over loses to Nedech and Zgetto, both of which I beat :>
He also beat Amsah, who you lost to. Let's not forget you losing to people like VA for that matter; even though you beat VA later on, Over hasn't gotten a 2nd chance vs either of his opponents which makes such a defense moot.

Sheik is obviously a very weak matchup for me, but I'm working on it :i
Yes obviously, it can absolutely not be that Over is your equal in skill or anything.

I'm done haha. Thought I'd have to actually attack you personally for you to derail this thread but seems your ego is bigger and more fragile than that. :)

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
IM THE BEST I WILL DO ANYTHING TO CONVINCE PEOPLE LOOK LOOK INUI LOGIC IM THE BEST ACCORDING TO THIS LOGIC GET ***** MIKEHAGGAR btw stop bullying me ;(
yhea man youre totally 2nd in europe, youre probably 1st in a week or so

And now, since i know leffen hates when i repeat stories of him getting owned, without further ado:

Hear this my fellow smashers. You will be presented with the most epic owning in a long time, and in sweden we have extremly high standards for this. And yet, this story sticks out. Flopmericans, EU master race, mexicans, japanese, and all other of this amazing community, let us look past our differences and laugh at leffen.

Basically, there was alot of drinking at stiiig. it was all great fun, and as smashers have seen before, leffen sucks at partying and he always acts more drunk then he is and just in general acts ******** (kind of like a 14 year olds first time drinking, except that he is like that every time). knowing that leffens drunkedness is based on placebo, i hatched up a plan (this was all the mighty mike swaggars idea). we where going to make a drink of something like apple juice and something bitter (thats not alcohol) and have him take shots off it, and watch him thinking hes drunk and laughing at him.

unfortunately, O, the guy who was supposed to buy the apple juice and vinegar or something else with a strong taste, forgot to do as such.

However, the last night, me and IVP wanted to pull it off, and we decided to do something a bit risky. after the first night, somebody had put some beer in a small glass for shots, and thats what me and IVP decided to use. It had been there for 4 days, filled with dust and old and disgusting. at one point i picked up a dead fly from the glass.

We took him outside to take shots with us, and we pretended we where trying to get everyone outside to drink with us (most people were playing smash at the time), so he would not suspect anything.we mindgame him into taking the shot, he says "oh my god, that was strong", and apparently this 5% beer was to strong for him to drink everything, he left a third. he immideatly starts walking funny, acting more drunk, walking funny, and saying "OH MY GOD IM GONNA PUKE OH NO". Leffen asks what it was, and I say "well, it was some 35% apple flavored vodka". Underestimating how ******** leffen is, I wanted to pull a safe move. But IVP, knowing leffen better does something far more flashy and risky, like an amazing captain falcon. IVP says "No, that was the 70% apple liquor (he didnt hear i called it vodka) stuff jadde brought!" (jadde is a guy who goes very far at parties, drinks alot, brings weird drugs etc so it was very beleivable he wouldve brought it). Leffen freaks out, saying "OH NO YOU TRICKED IM GONNA PUKE!", stumbles inside.Me and IVP can barely hold ourselves from laughter, as soon as we were 2 metres away from him we just looked out each other and almost burst out in laughter but managed to do it somewhat quietly. Leffen didn't notice it, I guess he was drunk from the 2/3rds of a shot of 5% beer he drank.Once leffen is inside, he claims to armada and a few others that he had taken a shot of 80% (yes, 80%) apple-liquor-vodka. which obviously does not exist. it was colored like beer, so it being 70% is ****ing impossible. but leffen, naive as he is, beleives it.

Zoler, being a bit to drunk, tells the story to armada. Armada laughs his *** off and later he told me that he was very proud of me over what I had accomplished.I must also give IVP huge credit over his part, although it was my idea and plan, he did most of the execution, and he pulled it off perfectly.But Zoler ****s up and keeps talking about it when leffen is close, and leffen overhears it. It made me very sad and dissapointed in Zoler, but leffen had already gotten owned so I guess it was OK.

Me and IVP are outside, chilling, drinking some beer and laughing about leffens retardness. Leffen walks by and is going to bed. We start saying things like "man, you're so drunk!". He says, in a very holier-then-thou matter "pfft, i know it was a trick you guys...", trying to pretend as if he figured it out on his own. But 5 minutes later me and IVP hear about how he overheard Zoler.

I hoped you enjoyed this story, my fellow smashers. Feel free to tell them to every smasher you know.

With best regards, Mike Swaggar.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
HAHHAHAHAHA DONT EVEN TRY LEFFEN, want me to post all your whining and johnning on the swedish forum? and facebook, both comments and ****ing private messages where you told me to take it down from facebook? HAHAHHAHAHA leffen youre amazing

also i read rockys post and hes right about everything, how does it feel getting ****ed up by a guy you constantly rip on?
leffen getting owned by rocky, a classic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom