• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who is the current best CF main?

Who is the best Captain Falcon Main?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mokumo

Smash Ace
I think it goes between Darkrain, SS and MANGO(???)... I cant believe i just watched mango 3 stock ss. Honestly, I pick darkrain though, hes been amazing people since the original darkrain combo and hes still stomping around doing robocops and ****. I wish scar were better that he's hyped up to be, even though he beats me every time i play him.

i still think isai would beat anybody with falcon if he had to

Scar

#HarveyDent
im getting there don't worry about it

i feel like once i get really good i should be inactive like the cool kids tho

chize

Smash Apprentice
like g-reg, scar? i couldnt decide who to pic between ss and dr so i voted for g-reg simply because he's amazing

DrewB008

Smash Lord
i still think isai would beat anybody with falcon if he had to
history lesson

mlg vegas, isai had to fight chu first round, and had never beaten him before

this was right in isais big not trying phase

he says something like "looks like its time to beat chu"

beats him then loses twice

what a champ

Church

Smash Cadet
I just have to vote for Darkrain. There are a lot of amazing falcon players in this poll, or a few at least, but Darkrain has always been my personal favorite (and I think he's the best too lol).

idea

Smash Master
how come mango and m2k aren't on this list?

I used to adamantly think that Darkrain was better than SS.

After seeing mango juice videos I am thoroughly convinced SS is the best falcon ever.
yeahh. i agree. especially now that i know how good zhu is.

i was thinking to myself just now, "I wonder how SS would do against, say, cactuar?" and I went back to watch the event 52 vids...which just convinced me even further that SS is the best falcon X_X and that's really saying something, considering how stupidly good darkrain is. darkrain seems to be better at some things with falcon, subtle things i couldn't put a name to, but he just can't match SS's combo game at all.

lol, must be cool to have a whole thread devoted to how good you are at this game.

soap

Smash Hero
isai's tech was kind of shoddy in some aspects. it was amazing in that his rising aerials and stuff were very crisp along with his dash dance and falcon kick game.

but you could tell some of the falling aerials were sloppier than what they should have been due to lack of cstick. In particular i remember his dairs/uairs looking sloppy alot.

In retrospect i prolly should have voted darkrain instead of throwing my vote away on jiano lol.

closing note- over b>full hop dair> single nair reset>grab uthrow>dair>single nair reset grab. I think it was on germ's link. SS does **** u just don't see, which is the only thing i like to watch vids for. He doesn't win best falcon just yet, but he wins my favorite falcon award right now, which i think is what is being reflected in the polls.

GAwes

Hidden Boss
like tubes said, this sillyness needs to end, yes, SS is insane, absolutely insane, but like scar said as well, darkrain just ****s my mind up to play him, sometimes, i'll play someone that will wreck my mind, 30 mins later i'll be watching darkrain make that person look like a pile of trash in the finals. man, DR is the king of falcons

btw, whoever are the 2 people that voted for me, **** yeah ^____^ haha, i'll try to get better and not look like a bag full of mashed up *******s much longer, i love you guys

Kira-

Smash Champion
what do SS and Darkrain think?

Well SS wouldn't say anything... but does Darkrain have an opinion?

FALCOMIST

Smash Ace
SS is #1 currently I think.

Reason: Does well in out of region tournament especially recently if he isn't stopped by like Ken... Has a few time.

When he counterpicks... He doesnt care where to go, he'll even let u counterpick for his counterpick. I remember Hugs losing to Jeff on the 4th match of a set, and Hugo asked to pick dreamland again since its his #1 stage *i think* and SS doesn't care lol he will let u do whatever *sadly SS lost on it...*

SS gets the closest to beating Mango in a few sets and even takes some matches off mango puff which I think is pretty legit.

But lets face it everyone... We cant judge who is better based on videos and some tournament results. It is hard to tell who is better and such. Lets just wait for genesis and see what happens shall we? =D.

Also Mango should be #1 or #2 best Falcon I think.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I'll go ahead and say Jeff, +1 for the hype. I've only seen about 10 of those Falcons, but SS the most.

DrewB008

Smash Lord
mangos is really good with using every character he picks

its pointless to put him as a top falcon just cause he happened to **** in a few falcon dittos last week

im not saying his falcon isnt capable of beating people, but unless he uses falcon consistently in tournaments for reasons other than nobody has any chance of beating him, hes not really appropriate for this discussion

also, define out of region tournaments, cause i didnt think ss went to any

chize

Smash Apprentice
whatever, i just wanna see darkrain **** at genesis because jona's been saying a lot of stuff lol

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
I love how there's a discussion about this
I mean

WHERE YOU AT
WHERE YOU AT
OH MY GOD
SILENCE

SO ON AND SO FORTH
none the less I'm voting for scar because he's sexy like that
edit:
LOL ISAI
no one believes in him now
with good reason

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
SS is #1 currently I think.

Reason: Does well in out of region tournament especially recently if he isn't stopped by like Ken... Has a few time.

When he counterpicks... He doesnt care where to go, he'll even let u counterpick for his counterpick. I remember Hugs losing to Jeff on the 4th match of a set, and Hugo asked to pick dreamland again since its his #1 stage *i think* and SS doesn't care lol he will let u do whatever *sadly SS lost on it...*

SS gets the closest to beating Mango in a few sets and even takes some matches off mango puff which I think is pretty legit.

But lets face it everyone... We cant judge who is better based on videos and some tournament results. It is hard to tell who is better and such. Lets just wait for genesis and see what happens shall we? =D.

Also Mango should be #1 or #2 best Falcon I think.
How often does SS go out of state? I don't really follow the tournament progression on the West Coast.

Binx

Smash Master
Its hard between SS and DR but I'm gonna go ahead and go with SS, if he didn't use green Falcon I would have to pick him hands down though, everyone knows red and black are faster than green.

Anyone else miss G-Reg?

On a side note I'm finally getting better with Falcon in friendlies, man nothing beats stomping and kneeing people.

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
darkrain would say himself because he knows he's the best
hahahah

Seriously though, SS is amazing and no one can argue that; but he hasn't been out of state enough to be considered top. Just because you do well against the people in your state who you play all the time does not mean you will do well against everyone else in the country. DR has done the traveling and proved himself all over the country.

And if anyone happens to recall the TO4 commentary: Darkrain doesn't play Falcon anyway, he plays Darkrain.

aquteen

Smash Ace
I'd also like to know about these out of state tourneys that ss goes to. Are no vids recorded for them? cause the only ss stuff I can find on youtube is him playing in local tourneys.

pockyD

Smash Legend
mangos is really good with using every character he picks

its pointless to put him as a top falcon just cause he happened to **** in a few falcon dittos last week

im not saying his falcon isnt capable of beating people, but unless he uses falcon consistently in tournaments for reasons other than nobody has any chance of beating him, hes not really appropriate for this discussion

also, define out of region tournaments, cause i didnt think ss went to any
mango DOES regularly go falcon and destroy tournaments, and it's unfair to slap the "nobody has a chance" tag on

if m2k was allowed to be the "best" with 2-3 characters through most of last year (marth, sheik, fox?), then mango should be considered with his secondaries as well. i don't see how you can hold the fact that he wins consistently against him

How often does SS go out of state? I don't really follow the tournament progression on the West Coast.
on the WC, there really is nothing out of state worth traveling for

norcal => socal is comparable to philly => boston or something (and is WAY further than NJ => md/va); just because they're 'officially' the same state doesn't mean cali players put any less effort into traveling than EC players

WC players simply happen to all be bunched up in 2-3 areas; just compare the turnout for RoM (with "everyone and their mother" attending) to mango juice; they weren't that far apart at all, despite mango juice having perhaps 10 real OOSers

just to re-iterate: ss is no more "local" with mango than, say, pc is "local" with chu

Scar

#HarveyDent
idk pocky i think the distinction was that m2k certainly mained marth/fox/sheik, he never claimed a main and would use them all as counters to other characters

mango mains jigglypuff, but yeah it seems like he's regularly playing falco in tourney so maybe that could be considered a main but as you very well know it's all arbitrary at that point

m2k certainly doesn't main falcon, it's more like a secondary which is why he wasnt put on this poll either

but then again the poll was mostly just so we could organize an SS/Darkrain debate, and for fun considering clod zero is tied for fifth

pockyD

Smash Legend
idk pocky i think the distinction was that m2k certainly mained marth/fox/sheik, he never claimed a main and would use them all as counters to other characters

mango mains jigglypuff, but yeah it seems like he's regularly playing falco in tourney so maybe that could be considered a main but as you very well know it's all arbitrary at that point

m2k certainly doesn't main falcon, it's more like a secondary which is why he wasnt put on this poll either

but then again the poll was mostly just so we could organize an SS/Darkrain debate, and for fun considering clod zero is tied for fifth
well, you guys are seeing a very small sample size of recorded videos and maybe one live tournament, from which you are judging how often mango uses what character. it's unfair for you to compare that to how often you see m2k switch it up, just as it would be for me (and all the million scrubs who actually did this for a long time) to assume that m2k used exclusively marth

AustinRC

Smash Lord
Rayzorium is the best Falcon..... xD way to ****ing good. mwahahahaha G@be is also too ****ing good.

DrewB008

Smash Lord
yeah m2k needs to switch to fox or sheik to beat people, whereas mango has said to me "nobody can beat my puff if im playing well". its like hmw said in some commentary on some match, i forget which one, its mango being amazing, not mangos falcon.

also, yeah i understand that out of region and out of state are 2 different things, socal and norcal are like 8 hours apart, way further than basically anything most ec'ers travel to. but my point was that the vast majority of his tournaments are right within his area, and falcomist brought up him having a good out of region record and i wanted to know what he meant.

pockyD

Smash Legend
Although it does say current, which wouldn't include Isai.
but it doesn't surprise me that people would vote for isai anyway; does it surprise you?

yeah m2k needs to switch to fox or sheik to beat people, whereas mango has said to me "nobody can beat my puff if im playing well". its like hmw said in some commentary on some match, i forget which one, its mango being amazing, not mangos falcon.
so you're taking away from mango's non-puff characters because his puff is TOO good? -_-

and he did switch to fox to beat SS in winner's at mango juice (and ss should've won :mad: DON'T GO DOWN THERE!!)

also, yeah i understand that out of region and out of state are 2 different things, socal and norcal are like 8 hours apart, way further than basically anything most ec'ers travel to. but my point was that the vast majority of his tournaments are right within his area, and falcomist brought up him having a good out of region record and i wanted to know what he meant.
the last 3 "major" WC tournaments he went to he got 2nd, 3rd, and 4th i believe

you can't fault him for there not existing more than 3 relevant smash communities on the west coast

Hax

Smash Champion
i'd mm ss/darkrain if i ever saw them... i don't lost falcon dittos

Scar

#HarveyDent
i'm gonna MM both of them too

pocky i don't watch mango's videos, so my opinion comes only from my experience speaking with both players and knowing their attitudes towards their characters from what they say on the boards

mango calls all his non puff characters his secondaries, which yes you CAN switch to in tourney matches (so i don't see how him switching to fox is relevant at all), and M2K claims to main fox/sheik/marth.

if i put mango's falcon on here i certainly would have included m2k, azen, chillin, cactuar, ken, PC, and basically every other top player ever. so i chose not to.

Mokumo

Smash Ace
history lesson

mlg vegas, isai had to fight chu first round, and had never beaten him before

this was right in isais big not trying phase

he says something like "looks like its time to beat chu"

beats him then loses twice

what a champ
:chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

is that the same one where he drops the triple knee -> dair on nana-> fully charged fsmash combo?

isaiuhhhhhhhhhh

`Jammin' Jobus

Smash Journeyman
darkrain lost 1 set to matt r, who beat dope, watty, and probably some more solid people at that tournament. then darkrain beat him in 2 sets and won the finals. darkrain has lost 4 sets in the past 6 months, 2 of which (hungrybox and matt r) he then beat to win the tournament, then the other 2 were cactuar and m2k

matt r is as much a random local sheik as pink shinobi is a random local peach, i guess zhu travels but he still hasnt accomplished anything on the level of hungrybox cactuar or m2k

feel free to compare styles and hypothetical stuff about who is more entertaining and maybe better if they were to play, but nobody should ever question darkrains superior tournament record

and jona darkrain did the darkrain combo before anybody had ever heard of ss, and ss doesnt travel outside of california so i'd say even i have more tournament experience than him

but ss is better than me
Pink Shinobi was ranked first in Norcal for two entire periods of the power rankings. He is in no way "some random local peach", he was actually ranked higher than SS.

Was Matt R ranked the best in the midwest?

edit: it seems eastcoast people do not understand how big california is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom