• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who is the Best Marth right now?(Mew2King excluded)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DBL0C

Smash Rookie
yo the only reason niko got 3rd is because i trained niko in the match up, we in the lab

Dart!

Smash Master
So did anybody happen to catch the fact that Niko got 3rd at a NY tourney yesterday, beating everyone there, out placing Jman/hax and only placing behind Mango/m2k (and having close sets with mango).

Idk, I'm sure you guys will just ignore it and keep thinking your good when you most likely suck and your region does too
calm that **** sir.
Niko IS good we know.

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
So did anybody happen to catch the fact that Niko got 3rd at a NY tourney yesterday, beating everyone there, out placing Jman/hax and only placing behind Mango/m2k (and having close sets with mango).

Idk, I'm sure you guys will just ignore it and keep thinking your good when you most likely suck and your region does too.
was everything recorded/what channel/name of tourney?

Dart!

Smash Master
Dang i watched those sets, niko should have beat mango. he fell for everything even when he HAD the win in his grasp. smh

Cactuar should have went marth. Idk how good niko is at marth dittos...

Niko45

Smash Master
Yo Niko wtf bro.

And here I was thinking I was ahead of this dude.

Ohhhhhhhhhh I DEFINITELY need to hit up Niko vs Eggm. Thats gotta be beast.
Haha thanks, you're definitely ahead of me tho. Yea I think I played Eggm on Alex Strife's recording setup.

Niko blew my mind when i saw him on the stream. I thought he was black.

same for otg
Dude, I met you at rom3. :( But yea, I get this a lot.

He was close to beating mango, really should have. Not so close the 2nd set though.
Dang i watched those sets, niko should have beat mango. he fell for everything even when he HAD the win in his grasp. smh

Cactuar should have went marth. Idk how good niko is at marth dittos...
:( :( :( typical me. I get most anxious whenever I'm actually closing in on a win. It wasn't quite in the bag, though, he still was going to get ledge and get a chance to get back on stage and **** me.

At least I got revenge on Eggm and G. The salt can finally subside.

I appreciate the support guys.

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
I'm not going Marth anymore in tournament unless I'm going all Marth at that tournament. It feels really lame to just use him for dittos.

Maybe at a national, but not at a local lol.

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
It's pretty safe either way....I mean the worst thing that can happen is that they are either above you or gonna land next to you.

Dart!

Smash Master
I'm not going Marth anymore in tournament unless I'm going all Marth at that tournament. It feels really lame to just use him for dittos.

Cactus johns :( But you're doing your thing so that's all that matters man. <3

Dart!

Smash Master
:( :( :( typical me. I get most anxious whenever I'm actually closing in on a win. It wasn't quite in the bag, though, he still was going to get ledge and get a chance to get back on stage and **** me.

At least I got revenge on Eggm and G. The salt can finally subside.

I appreciate the support guys.
All you needed to do was wavedash off fair if i remember right (am going to check now) and then do something crazy as he recovers and you would have the gimp...

EDIT: Yeah if you had gotten a perfect wavedash off you could have fair'd him and then did something else and then gimped. But you were nervous as FUkckckckckc

MasterShake

Smash Lord
Same thing happened with me and SS...choked when I had the lead. I saw you even try and get rid of his sweetspot double jump on a stock, not even sure how it didn't hit. Good job keeping up with his neutral game, I would've been destroyed by it (and I have been, lol).

Niko45

Smash Master

I really want to play Marth dittos with you next time, at least in friendlies, because I swear to god that one time I got a bunch of them with you I leveled up so much in that MU thereafter. I still have a ways to go, though.

I don't think I'm fundamentally bad at Marth dittos I think more what tends to happen in tourney is that I have bad nerves a lot of the time and Marth is the type of character that can seem really scary and baits you to panic and then because you panic he ***** you 8x harder than he normally would.

I've had plenty of friendly no pressure sessions with HBK/Hazz/G$ where I've gone even or better with them, plus I did get the best of G in dittos this time around. The only Marths I've ever felt really totally dominated me were Cactuar and M2K so idk, I certainly don't love dittos but if I can keep my nerves together like I have been more recently I'm not too concerned about them.

All you needed to do was wavedash off fair if i remember right (am going to check now) and then do something crazy as he recovers and you would have the gimp...

EDIT: Yeah if you had gotten a perfect wavedash off you could have fair'd him and then did something else and then gimped. But you were nervous as FUkckckckckc
I honestly don't think that would have worked, but regardless I would not have tried that. I was just trying to steal edge, force an up B, then proceed to **** that in some way without giving him back jumps and launching offstage. Nerves were definitely creeping up on me towards the end but I was still pretty focused and that was just a straight up mistake cause from that distance falcon is so heavy that you lag too long after the throw and then need like a full extension wavedash to take the ledge...all before CF just DJ sweetspots...idk. I should have just waited and played the stage control game but it's just hard to fight temptation when you're that close to winning.

Same thing happened with me and SS...choked when I had the lead. I saw you even try and get rid of his sweetspot double jump on a stock, not even sure how it didn't hit. Good job keeping up with his neutral game, I would've been destroyed by it (and I have been, lol).
I think I remember watching that set actually. Isn't it the worst feeling? But yea at least I didn't choke against Eggm this time so that previous set can stop haunting me.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Speaking of Marth dittos. Cactus we should play this weekend =3

Or Niko... or all of us....

I actually wanna try to train for RoM this time around.

SUNG475

Smash Ace
HugS Samus inspires me, I actually like watching his videos even though I don't like watching matches very much

\±/Gale\±/

Smash Rookie
Um... What happened to Ken?

Sorry if this is a REALLY stupid question, but i haven't kept up with smash for a while. So... What ever happened to Ken? He got passed by THAT many people?

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Sorry if this is a REALLY stupid question, but i haven't kept up with smash for a while. So... What ever happened to Ken? He got passed by THAT many people?
Ken left pretty much after 07. I think he returned briefly for brawl but it sucked so bad he left the scene for good.

I'd say skill wise Ken's level of play is pretty much average now. His mental game is another story but yeah I'd say at least 100 people world wide are better than he was.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
i'd say like 20ish tops

those evo 2007 matches are still so crisp to watch
I like ken as much as the next guy but I'm not going to be unrealistic. I said World Wide at least 100 people would probably beat him. Think about that and don't take it as an insult just break it down slowly...then start filling in blanks. Not difficult considering what has been seen since his retirement but I'll help you out.

1.Mango
2.Armada
3.M2K
4.Ice
5.Amsah
6.Hbox
7.Axe
8.Dark
9.S2J
10.Hax
11.Unknown522
12.Kage
13.kirbykaze
14.I.B.
15.raynex
16.Dr.PP
17.Jman
18.Silentspectre
19.Lovage
20.Bam
21.Sfat
22.PewPewU
23.Dart
24.Stric9
25.Niko
26.PC Chris(09-010 version)
27.Shroomed
28.MacD
29.BluntedObject10
30.Colbol
31.Dashizwiz
32.Lambchops
33.Eggm
34.Salepate
35.Hack
36.IVP
37.Leffen
38.Zgetto
39.Aldwyn
40.Vwins
41.CalleW
42.Ghost
43.DarkRain
44.Vanz
45.Duck
46.Tai
47.Javi
48.Fly_Amanita
49.Kels
50.Zhu
51.RockCrock
52.Linguini
53.Diakanos
54.Baxon
55.Darko
56.Taj
57.Lucien
58.SilentWolf
59.Lucky
60.Plup
61.Fuzzyness
62.Zant
63.Star
64.Zhuv
65.Atma
66.Remen
67.Scar
68.Tink
69.JesiahTEG
70.G$
71.Faab
72.Strawhat Dehean
73.Hyprid
74.Xif
75.Laj
76.Teczero
77.Trinity
78.Mahie
79.Lawrencelot
80.Cactaur
81.Wobbles(with Unbanned wobbling:cool:)
82.Cyrain
83.Tope
84.Chillin(present version)
85.Roche
86.G$
87.HBK
88.DarkSonic
89..jpg
90.Zeck
91.SillyKyle
92.Doraki
93.Nando
94.Blea Gelo
95.Eggz
96.Hugs
97.Swift
98.Okami
99.Chu dat
100.Redd, HMW, Westballz, Slox, JPEG, Adam, jeapie, Moon, Knight, Eddie, Eddy, Vist, DJN, D'oh, Mafia, Thorn, Moose, Superboom, Conner, L, Shady, Baka, Meta, Dieslow, Spam_arrows(on 5 hour energy), & Big D.(pretty much any spacies player that can apply shield pressure because...well that didn't exist lol).

That's just off the top people from around the world that I can think of who could probably best 07 Ken. Some are questionable for sure but at least 60% of them are not questionable unless you just don't follow smash worldwide(I do). Again it isn't an insult to ken if anything it is a compliment to Melee and the players who've advanced from 07-012.

Van.

Smash Ace
^SO many problems with that list. Implying that amsah and Ice are better than Hbox, or even that there is any reasonable case for that whatsoever is preposterous.

If they were in order that is. If they weren't, which I'm starting to think they weren't because you seemed to basically list them by region, then I'd say about 40 people are better than Ken now.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
^SO many problems with that list. Implying that amsah and Ice are better than Hbox, or even that there is any reasonable case for that whatsoever is preposterous.

If they were in order that is. If they weren't, which I'm starting to think they weren't because you seemed to basically list them by region, then I'd say about 40 people are better than Ken now.
those were just as they came to mind. LOL how could that be in any particular order :D

Now I was wondering when was the last time you saw Ken play? He was pretty good but compared what other players can do today he kind of got a pass. In a way you can say he got to a higher level of melee before alot of others. Who could play like the Pika like Axe could? Like Falco like the current top 10 Falco's? or the current top 10 Fox's? Or the Falcons(OMG) Watch Isai beat Ken with his falcon and I am sure at some point S2J would 4stock Ken...the thought makes me somewhat sad but it's true. Why? well I'll put it this way. If you go back a few years in time and show a Blueray DVD to someone who has VHS They'll look at you like an alien. Why? Because they have never seen it before.

Since at this point it's all hypothetical lets say at this point. Lets say any pro smashers worldwide(pro meaning been to a tournament and made out of pools or made it to final round pools at a big event). Then you let that person play a best of 5 set with new new rules set(2012 rules) vs 2007 Ken's Marth. watching his videos and watch any other current videos just makes me think of how difficult it would be for him to win against players who would get 3-0'd by current top smashers. Not to mention the shocking amounts of dominant wins and close clutch wins players who are never mention would get off of Ken....just go look.

Mizar

Smash Ace
I think more like 50. People have become alot more technical and overall seem better, but I really doubt that more than 50 would be able to beat ken. Ken is one smart mother****er.

Beat!

Smash Master
Did you really think that list was in order? O_o

Anyway, I'm with Mizar on this one. There's definitely more than 20 players who would beat him, but 100 is pushing it. Around 50-ish would probably be accurate.

leffen

Smash Champion
100 is in now way pushing it lol. I'd easily see 150 ppl beating him (I know you forgot many ppl in that list that are really good, esp ppl from europe). What ppl don't realize is that the ppl he faced was **** compared to most players nowdays

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom