• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who are the Top 10 Players of 2012?

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
If we're talking about 2012, I think Westballz will go far this year, really far. Really been impressed by his progress the past few months, probably my favourite Falco to watch.
I'm definitely watching westballz, my new favorite underdog. I was kind of sad by his performance in losers vs. winners at NWM. Really wanted a rematch. He's not top ten though...not yet.

Zephynazo

Zobaia -Deus- Ariana
Armada is the number 1 player right now, that's all that matters ^-^

I would have been number 1 if i still played the game... AmIrightorwhat Adam ;)

lord karn

Smash Master
Karn those are 2 good lists you had there. About the mango thing, every loss is legitimate, it just sucks he was CC'ing every dsmash lol, he never, ever does that. I'd rather see mango and armada play, and neither of them make any major mistakes, and one of them just gets outplayed (be it armada or mango).

Wobbles brought up a very good point. If you're talking about who is the better tournament player, obviously placings are where it's at. If you don't think so, blame the way brackets are set up. If you are trying to generate a list of the top 10, as in, "most skilled", the list will always involve opinion and most likely some inui logic lol.
I think perhaps there was a misunderstanding somewhere. What I meant by skill was 'ability to place well in tournaments.' Making a ranking of players based off of past tournament placement does not solely measure a players ability to place well in tournaments, as placing is also determined by seeding. As such, my system measures a players ability to place well in future tournaments, based off of who they beat in whatever period of time is being considered. This gives you a measurement of who would place the highest in a round robin, or who is *most likely* to place well in a tournament, before seeding is considered.

Also, I forgot to put shroomed on my list. I think I'd probably put him right below KK on both.

Armada

Smash Lord
AJP: Haha so true =)

ACE: You are talking like you are sure it never have happend to me and that you are sure that Mango played far away for the best he could.

Zephy: Yeah you would!
You should really consider going to SR this summer.

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
JPOBS;14249600 [B said:
6. Shroomed [/B] - Dr.Midnight deserves some love. Consistently high placings, dominates his region, capable of major upsets, and probably the favorite vs anyone else on the list.

edit: Javi not considered due to lack of data.[/B]

This list is perfect. Totally agree about KK, I believe we've yet to see him performing at his fullest.

E:

Javi = Dominates his country. Like a melee dictator.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
This list is perfect. Totally agree about KK, I believe we've yet to see him performing at his fullest.

E:

Javi = Dominates his country. Like a melee dictator.
Dominating a region full of strong players who have performed nation wide and known to be one of the best smash region in north america, isn't the same to me as dominating a country I know nothing about.

Again, I can't judge Javi objectively. Atleast I have a fair idea of what dominating Cali means on a large scale. I have no clue what dominating mexico entails.

Shroomed

Smash Master
I think I'd be a lot higher if I started this game off with a good character LOL.

But then again, Armada chose Peach and not Fox and is #1. Makes me think that it is 90% the player and 10% the character.

Bing

Smash Master
I think once you get to a high enough level, most MU's become 50-50. Like there are MUs and certain character limitations but character skill and metagames are almost erasing any bad MU's.

D

Deleted member

I think I'd be a lot higher if I started this game off with a good character LOL.

But then again, Armada chose Peach and not Fox and is #1. Makes me think that it is 90% the player and 10% the character.
less than 10%. there's still a lot of stuff you can do with doc that you don't. which is badass.

and no i'm not giving javi too much credit, he's really ****ing amazing. if there was another apex tomorrow, i'd still bet my car on him getting top 5 no questions.

Shroomed

Smash Master
less than 10%. there's still a lot of stuff you can do with doc that you don't. which is badass.

and no i'm not giving javi too much credit, he's really ****ing amazing. if there was another apex tomorrow, i'd still bet my car on him getting top 5 no questions.
I know there's a lot that I suck at with Doc. If I could dthrow fair Peach/Puff I guarantee I would beat Armada or Hbox next set. I'm bad at doing it and they're probably good at getting out of it so I would have to do it perfectly. Not to mention capes that I drop and my spam of dair when I'm falling.

Eh, Marth might have to wait.

Realizzle

Smash Cadet
No offense Shroomed but judging by this vid - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zR9eWPQTKDo

your Marth is kind of bad >_>

Well, it's not all bad, you have stretches where you get on a roll and your decisions in the neutral game are pretty good. But then you, like, double jump randomly or voluntarily give up control of the stage >_>

Or you'll do some strange **** like throw out ftilt from a WD out of DD when there are 2 or 3 things that are way more high yield. Check out M2K's marth vs fox more imo.

Like, if you watched nothing but m2k's match vs zgetto (despite the fact that this vid is like 2 years old) you'd probably learn a lot by comparing it to your current marth >_> (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIniXcuW4tM)

To be fair I only watched the first match against SFAT's fox. Maybe that was a warm up match or something.

Realizzle

Smash Cadet
over 4 month old vids ftw

edit: i think dajuan was looking solid vs SS though
Yeah you're right actually. I just found this vid from Feb. 2012 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mityKzngEYE&feature=related)

and his marth looks a hell of a lot more polished. I'm actually really impressed he got it to that level in just a couple of months.

Yeah nm lol, I guess he was just ****ing around with marth late 2011. That set vs SS looks pretty solid.

Beat!

Smash Master
The **** did I just read. You don't beat SS, SFAT, Scar, HMW etc by being "kind of bad". Shroomed's Marth is amazing, and with a little more practice it could become extremely dangerous.

Lol ninja. Nvm then.

JonnyW

Smash Ace
My top 10 list.

1.Isai
2.Mango when he plays Falcon
3.S2J
4.Hax
5.Darkrain
6.SS
7.Scar
8.Vish
9.Noobking
10.Me

lolol :cool:

Shroomed

Smash Master

Realizzle

Smash Cadet
the part where I knew shroomed's marth was tight as hell was when he did this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWLdVjpwAC8#t=6m32s

It's one thing to upthrow and herp-a-derp your way through a combo. But it's another to have strong fundamentals and just do everything perfectly.
hollllly **** good **** Shroomed 0_0

damn that ***** read/reacted to falco like a book lol. But yeah that's the **** I was talking about, that's good **** right there.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
The **** did I just read. You don't beat SS, SFAT, Scar, HMW etc by being "kind of bad". Shroomed's Marth is amazing, and with a little more practice it could become extremely dangerous.

Lol ninja. Nvm then.
lmao you didn't get ninja'd, you just really wanted to point that out.

Oh really Kage? LOL

Lovage

Smash Hero
not gonna make a list but armada is #1. pp and hbox are the next two in some order. mango is retired. the rest of the top 10 is impossible to prove and will change every 2 tournaments (most of the changes coming from lack of activity, not from great performance).

the only people i would guarantee on my 4-10 would be m2k, kirbykaze and shroomed. everybody else doesn't deserve that kind of confirmation. the outlying people who would take the 7-10 spots and beyond would maybe consist of s2j, axe, myself, hax and probably a couple others like WOBBLES.

about other ppl:
javi - one tournament

fly amanita - never travels so he will never be the top 10, personally i know he is a top 10/top 15 caliber player but this is his choice so he will stay off the radar forever.

zhu - amazing player, in my OWN PERSONAL top 10, pretty likely apex was his last national, pretty inactive, unfair to give him top 10 nowadays.

kage - ***** at roms, under performs most everywhere else, also is apparently going inactive soon.

silent wolf - insanely talented, often gets bracket ***** (lost to pp/hbox at apex, got 17th lol)

jman - also in my OWN PERSONAL top 10. too inactive to rate fairly.

westballz - up & comer. would not be at all surprised if he destroys the next national and everyone is instantly on his c0ck

sfat - same as wes.

other european players - all of them got bodied extremely hard at apex, none of them deserve to be on top 10 list. lots of them are really good but unfortunately live 1.5k dollars away so barely have the chance to prove themselves in the US. ice, leffen, amsah are all pretty good.

unknown522

Some guy
Imma make 2 lists:

Statistically IMO:

1. Armada
2. Mango
3. Hbox
4. Pp
5. M2k
6. Kk
7. Javi
8. Shroomed
9/10. Massive toss-up of players.

Biased list which'll probably start up flames:
1. Mango
2. Armada
3. Pp
4. Hbox
5. M2K
6. Myself
7. Kk
8. Lovage
9. Shroomed
10. Hax?

I think I would've gotten at least 7th if I didn't quit out for Javi and also didn't get bored vs shroomed and try to doc ditto/not ban FD (plus some other personal stuff in that set).

Kk is solid and I think he would beat most of the top 5 some of the time (maybe not mango).

Shroomed places well

Lovage is a beast and does well.

Hax is kind of a filler.

The statistic one is the more important list anyway

:phone:

Divinokage

Smash Legend
As long as you have that rage Unknown, you can't be top 10 no matter how you try to convince yourself otherwise. If things happened the way they did before, that's how it is.. you can't excuse yourself out of it.

Top Bottom