• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who are the Top 10 Players of 2012?

Hax

Smash Champion
1. armada
2. mango
3. hbox
4. pp
5. m2k
6. shroomed
7. javi
8. kk
9. me
10. jesus (still a monster when he's playing well), possibly taj/wobbles/axe

inactivity shouldn't affect ranking. if it does then me mango and jesus aren't eligible for this list

i'd like to think i'm #6 when i'm playing 100% but it never really happens in tournament. there are only a few sets of me on youtube where i'd say i played very, very well

mango at 100% is still the best smasher in history

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
Lol thats about the same as saying joe shmoe beat mango once then never met him again in bracket and now he's back in his own country and cannot come back anytime soon. Therefore joe shmoe is better than everyone mango is ahead of. That's just silly.

:phone:
if mr joe schmoe also placed further and you have no reason to beleive that his country is inferior to flopmerica, then it would be correct to rate mr joe schmoe higher.

and also you could just turn it around. pp sits around in flopmerica and loses to foreigners then keeps on sitting around drooling in flopmerica and yet is somehow supposed to be ranked higher.
mikehaggar was funny

and then his post slowly got boring

then I met him irl and he was a totally different guy

and he sucks **** at thrashtalking irl

all he does is talk in a high squeaky voice and say things just aren't related/true enough for it to have any effect
so now its just sad.
dude youre using the same logic as me here lol
and you have not been around long enough to judge the history of my posts

and also the things i say behind your back are enough to make you lose to gustav and start an argument about yoshi (remember your set vs pepito @ tampora 3)

Bing

Smash Master
So much **** talk from the troll.
Its amazing the things people are willing to say from behind a keyboard :p

9th at Apex, pretty legit, only got outplaced by one European, and that was Armada(No offense to the others, Leffen, Ice, Amsah etc.)

Shroomed

Smash Master
Unknown, I like you, but you flew to Apex to get bored in bracket? Come on man.

I feel insulted by that. Giving yourself 6th is quite a stretch.

Battlecow

Play to Win
1. Armada
2. Mango
3. Peepee (consistently beats Hbox; it's true that Hbox beat mango at apex but that's one win that IMO has the same level of legitimacy as PP's WGF win against mango)
4. Hbox
5. M2K
6. Shroomed
7. Javi
8. Kirbykaze
9. Wobbles
10. MacD (2 top 10's in a row yo)

MacD doesn't get enough love IMO.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Honestly Unknown does belong in the top 10. Another Apex - Like and I dont think anyone can deny it.
The man is a monster when he wants to be.
Ya but being tied for 9th doesn't equal top 10. You have to be able to go higher than that usually. There's 3 other people in the same area when the tournament is played so it's not really fair for the other 9th placers.

unknown522

Some guy

indeed. That's why that list is less important. That list is also full of johns so ofc that one has no merit.

Also again, more personal reasons, that don't involve me. I'd rather not say them on the boards because it's about you, not me.

Edit: oh yeah thanks, I like you too

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
1. Armada
2. Mango
3. Peepee (consistently beats Hbox; it's true that Hbox beat mango at apex but that's one win that IMO has the same level of legitimacy as PP's WGF win against mango)
4. Hbox
5. M2K
6. Shroomed
7. Javi
8. Kirbykaze
9. Wobbles
10. MacD (2 top 10's in a row yo)

MacD doesn't get enough love IMO.
Good call with your reasoning for putting pp over hbox. You're one of the few people around here that can think outside the box. No pun intended lol

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
a few things which are my opinion and not fact in any way:

-Shroomed is def top 10
-Wobbles places amazing and shouldn't be overlooked
-That SSBPD ELO rankings site is super legit and should be used a lot more often in terms of statistics
-Javi is mexican

....and i think i've been the only person to take a set off armada in the past couple of nationals

*runs away*

twizzlerj

Smash Journeyman
a few things which are my opinion and not fact in any way:

-Shroomed is def top 10
-Wobbles places amazing and shouldn't be overlooked
-That SSBPD ELO rankings site is super legit and should be used a lot more often in terms of statistics
-Javi is mexican

....and i think i've been the only person to take a set off armada in the past couple of nationals

*runs away*
damn cold hard facts. javi is mexican

Aber

Smash Journeyman

LOL i agree completely...."bored" is the worst john ever. So weak.

WestBallz

Smash Ace
i think ive done what javi has done loool
beat peepee in 2 matches
beat lovage 50% of the time
beat hax
so if ur gonna put javi up there u might as well put me up there....loooool which is a not so smart move. he needs to prove himself more.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Armada has lost to:
Dr.PeePee x2 at Pound 5 (Jan 2011)
Hungrybox x2 at Apex 2010 (Aug 2010)
Amsah at Pound 4 (Jan 2010)
SilentSpectre at Pound 4 (Jan 2010)
Mango x2 at Genesis (Jul 2009)

And I believe all the following players are the only ones that have taken games off him in tournament: Mango, Dr. PeePee, Hungrybox, Mew2King, DaShizWiz, Amsah, SilentSpectre, Hax, Lucky, Fuzzyness, Leffen, Shroomed, Vanz, MacD, Axe (since Genesis).

Pretty good.

King5280

Smash Journeyman
Armada has lost to:

And I believe all the following players are the only ones that have taken games off him in tournament: Mango, Dr. PeePee, Hungrybox, Mew2King, DaShizWiz, Amsah, SilentSpectre, Hax, Lucky, Fuzzyness, Leffen, Shroomed, Vanz, MacD, Axe (since Genesis).

Pretty good.
He's lost one set in over a year lol.

Hax

Smash Champion
No way Wes, you're actually counting the pools set we played at 1am where I was SHOT? (I barely made it out of my apex pool)

I beat you 5-1 or 6-1 in seriouslies earlier that day. Matches that actually count

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
i think ive done what javi has done loool
beat peepee in 2 matches
beat lovage 50% of the time
beat hax
so if ur gonna put javi up there u might as well put me up there....loooool which is a not so smart move. he needs to prove himself more.
you did not place nearly as high and youve never beaten pp in a set.

rather, flopmericans need to prove themselves to HIM more. why does everyone have to prove themselves to flopmerica? because flopmerica is the center of the universe?

you people are ********, you cant think, youre brainwashed by flopmerica propaganda, etc

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
Armada has lost to:

Pretty good.
hack and ivp have aswell

Armada

Smash Lord
t3h Icy: Like haggar said Hack/IVP has aswell (Calle W too).

Xyzz: Yeah IVP is ****ing awesome it is so bad he pretty much never play. He is really smart and could for sure be GREAT if he really tried.

Armada

Smash Lord
Yeah that's true. Have been so many tournaments since Genesis. Remen has take matches from me aswell. Maybe I have forgot someone else too

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
holy crap how could i forget my hero calle w. i should be shot.
me, the mighty mike haggar, roots against armada when him and calle w play. it speaks for itself.

unknown522

Some guy
As long as you have that rage Unknown, you can't be top 10 no matter how you try to convince yourself otherwise. If things happened the way they did before, that's how it is.. you can't excuse yourself out of it.
just saw this. And reasons why the first comment is dumb:

First off, I am not the only person who gets mad.

Second, I got mad like once in the past year.

Third, a player who is considered in most people's top 10 lists here. In our last 3 sets, he has refused to shake my hand and I've even gotten a '**** you' in 2 of those sets. Rage doesn't limit to me nor would it be a factor to keep me out of the top 10 (statistically speaking I am not even top 10).

Bing

Smash Master
I'd like to point out the MikeHaggar is saying that Americans believe that everything revolves around them and yet Armada is the top on like 99% of lists...

Pretty sure that If they truly believe that they were infact Greater than everyone, Armada, KK, Javi etc, wouldnt even be mentioned.

maybe a hey... that Armada guy is kinda good...

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
mikehaggar's just a really annoying troll, just ignore him

Top Bottom