• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who are the Top 10 Players of 2012?

huMps

Smash Ace
Armada - :peachmelee:
Mang0 - :falcomelee::foxmelee:
Dr.PP - :falcomelee:
Hungry Box - :jigglypuffmelee:
M2K - :marthmelee::sheikmelee::foxmelee:
Hax - :falconmelee:
Shroomed - :drmario:
KirbyKaze - :sheikmelee:
axe - :pikachumelee:
Wobbles - :icsmelee:

Javi is impossible to place with only one big tourney. Though I believe he is probably top 10.
That character list makes me happy. This game's amazing.

past_b

Smash Apprentice
I just wanted to say that people putting Javi in the top 5 does not bother me at all.
It isn't his fault that he lives in Mexico and that he has to spend hundreds of dollars to make it here to the US and "prove" himself (speaking of which, I don't believe the US should be considered THE place to prove oneself). I mean, ****, when is the last time an American traveled outside of the country to go to a smash tourney? Why hasn't an American travel to Mexico or Europe or anywhere else...because it is expensive! Why should we expect Javi to do the something that we Americans are not willing to do?

To reiterate, it's not Javi's fault for living so far away and not having the means to make it here as often as we like. That being said, Javi is 1 for 1 at American nationals and internationals. He beat some notable players, including Dr. PeePee, towards his eventual 4th place finish at a melee tournament with 318 entrants. With the limited data we have on Javi, as small as a sample size we have, Javi is still 100% in American tournaments and one of the best, if not, the best in Mexico. I feel like Javi very well could be considered top 5 UNTIL PROVEN OTHERWISE.

For all we know, the placement he obtained at Apex 2012 could have been an anomaly. He may not even make it out of bracket at the next national. But from the small sample size that we do have (1 tournament) he has shown that he can hang with the best.

Noooot fair to penalize Javi for not being rich and not being able to make it here.

past_b

Smash Apprentice
Armada - :peachmelee:
Mang0 - :falcomelee::foxmelee:
Dr.PP - :falcomelee:
Hungry Box - :jigglypuffmelee:
M2K - :marthmelee::sheikmelee::foxmelee:
Hax - :falconmelee:
Shroomed - :drmario:
KirbyKaze - :sheikmelee:
axe - :pikachumelee:
Wobbles - :icsmelee:

Javi is impossible to place with only one big tourney. Though I believe he is probably top 10.
That character list makes me happy. This game's amazing.
Also, while some of the players on this list are debatable, I agree. Smash is an amazing game. The vast array of characters on this list makes me happy as well.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
I just wanted to say that people putting Javi in the top 5 does not bother me at all.
It isn't his fault that he lives in Mexico and that he has to spend hundreds of dollars to make it here to the US and "prove" himself (speaking of which, I don't believe the US should be considered THE place to prove oneself). I mean, ****, when is the last time an American traveled outside of the country to go to a smash tourney? Why hasn't an American travel to Mexico or Europe or anywhere else...because it is expensive! Why should we expect Javi to do the something that we Americans are not willing to do?

To reiterate, it's not Javi's fault for living so far away and not having the means to make it here as often as we like. That being said, Javi is 1 for 1 at American nationals and internationals. He beat some notable players, including Dr. PeePee, towards his eventual 4th place finish at a melee tournament with 318 entrants. With the limited data we have on Javi, as small as a sample size we have, Javi is still 100% in American tournaments and one of the best, if not, the best in Mexico. I feel like Javi very well could be considered top 5 UNTIL PROVEN OTHERWISE.

For all we know, the placement he obtained at Apex 2012 could have been an anomaly. He may not even make it out of bracket at the next national. But from the small sample size that we do have (1 tournament) he has shown that he can hang with the best.

Noooot fair to penalize Javi for not being rich and not being able to make it here.
this guy is so ****ing right. several medals for you good sir

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
Is poundslap banned? i really want to see him post lmao

Avalancer

Smash Journeyman
1. Ar-mad-a
2. Man-go (pronounce: go man)
3. Hungraybocs
4. Dr. Pepper
5. Mewtwoking (but isn't that Taj??)
6. Ice (keeping my pepsi cold too btw)
7. Wobbling
8. Jay-Man
9. Hacks
10. The Shizard Wizard
33. Amsah

huMps

Smash Ace
Is wobbles really better than Axe? Is it that black and white(serious question)? Axe makes his way out to alot more nationals and almost always places well. That's why I put him above wobbles.

Beat!

Smash Master
Wobbles always* beats Axe, and he always* outplaces him as well at all the tourneys they both go to.

*afaik. Maybe there are some AZ tournaments I don't know of where Axe placed better.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
hbox has only beat javi once. note that is the same argument that flopmericans use for putting pp over javi.
except that we have far better reasons to assume that javi was playing bad.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Is wobbles really better than Axe? Is it that black and white(serious question)? Axe makes his way out to alot more nationals and almost always places well. That's why I put him above wobbles.
Wobbles always beats and outplaces Axe.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
hbox has only beat javi once. note that is the same argument that flopmericans use for putting pp over javi.
except that we have far better reasons to assume that javi was playing bad.
Lol troll. PP was surprised by javi's insane pressure. He got rattled, you can tell if you know anything about his playstyle. Javi might beat him again but I think pp will have a much better mindset going in next time.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
Lol troll. PP was surprised by javi's insane pressure. He got rattled, you can tell if you know anything about his playstyle. Javi might beat him again but I think pp will have a much better mindset going in next time.
he wasn't adaptable enough, ie he sucked to much to beat javi.
javi on the other hand was probably jetlagged, was under insane pressure from his own country for performing well AND just being at a flopmerican tournament. not to mention the pressure from the fact that he spent SO much money going there, if he didnt take home price money the ecomonic blow on him would prolly be huge.
pp on the other hand had every factor on his side to be comfortable (compared to javi)

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
lolwut? Atlus paid Javi's way to APEX. he didn't spend much if at all on the trip.

Bing

Smash Master
God you American's are so damn selfish!

RAGE!

Also theres so much here in the last few pages that needs commenting.

1. Americans do need to travel outside of the U.S more. But why would they to be honest? They have so many large tournaments with a fair amount of people at them(And this is coming from someone hosting an "International" tournament.

2. I love Axe. But Wobbles is > than Axe. Everyone gives Axe a bit(keyword is bit) too much credit because Axe mains Pikachu. (Pikachu <3)

3. I had more points but got distracted by my insurance call.

Armada

Smash Lord
Bing: You do know that Europe have kinda many tournaments that also is big?
So why would/should we go to America?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
To take our free money obviously.
Flopmericans so free

Uh i dunno. Americans are really bad at finances. It seems like Europeans seem to be really good at saving for these trips to America. Outside of you, who's able to win at least most of your travel expenses back, of course, Amsah's been here 3 times and only won money once, Remen and Faab have also been here at least twice I think. and Strawhat Dahean came here twice, Overtriforce 3 times I think. So i dunno. Maybe you guys just have baller jobs.

Bing

Smash Master
Bing: You do know that Europe have kinda many tournaments that also is big?
So why would/should we go to America?
Im certainly not saying that you dont have large tournaments.

Im simply saying that it might be a mentality of "We dont need to leave, we have everything we could want right here" plus the fact that you guys do come over to America is great :)

Also, I know that financials are bad in the states, its hard to find good work, especially for people around our age(Not trying to generalize)

I dont know what its like in Europe, I just know the Euro is almost twice the worth of the U.S/Canadian currency :p

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
Uh i dunno. Americans are really bad at finances. It seems like Europeans seem to be really good at saving for these trips to America. Outside of you, who's able to win at least most of your travel expenses back, of course, Amsah's been here 3 times and only won money once, Remen and Faab have also been here at least twice I think. and Strawhat Dahean came here twice, Overtriforce 3 times I think. So i dunno. Maybe you guys just have baller jobs.
This was already addressed/debated in another thread.
I think it has lot to do with differences in our (for the lack of a proper word) societal systems. Most smashers study and studying costs quite a lot in america. I don't know about other european countries but in my country it's free and we are payed to study. Most students are poor so it makes a huge difference in the long run. And don't get this wrong, I don't want to mock the american system, it certainly has its' advantages, but it seems that it's more difficult financially to be a student there rather than here.

Sorry, off topic.

Top Bottom