• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which is the Best Region/State?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
I would consider Georgia the state hit hardest by player retirement/movement lol. back in the chaddd/mike G/xif/fullmetal/dogysamich + people i don't even know because i'm far too new era, Georgia was monstrous. now most of those guys only exit their smash cave for the tipped off series, if that.

Jockmaster

Smash Ace
XIF and (to a lesser extent) fullmetal are still pretty active. But melee has kinda died here now...project m is gaining quite a following though

:phone:

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
i mean i know fullmetal is still hosting tipped off's, but i think the only time either of them play is...at tipped off. maybe i haven't been paying attention to things in GA, but compared what i knew them as, and what i figure they must have been in their prime, they're just comparatively...retired.

PB&J

Smash Hero
First of all, Ga is not inactive. we have tons of players who play this game alot (everyday actually)
Second, Ga doesnt suck at all actually. we have alot of good players. Chinesah has been winning most of the tournies recently ,but he doesnt **** us or anything. We have some up and coming players such as Carson and Onish( i have no idea what there gamer tags are) . Red Fox who use to live in florida lives here and he is good. Soft(people should know him by now and he is good) Sleepy K started playing again. BBQ,myself,fullmetal, nicaboy and flaming roy live here (even though they dont play with anyone) but they are still really good. Articanus is our best marth player in the state but he lives far from everyone. we have retired players like mike g and green mario who lives with xif,but they still play from time to time. We are definitely better than some states but i guess the best person who done the best here is "Drugged Fox" and he plays marvel now. I hope alot of players come to tipped off 8. Oh and Rayku use to live here is a really good shiek that beat wobbles before. I think there are tons of other players but the Majority players we have live in gwinnett county ,not atlanta where it is easy tp get around.

Anyway, come to tipped off if you think we suck

Jockmaster

Smash Ace
Yeah I've heard of and seen a lot of those guys play, I guess the fact that GA doesn't travel well effects my view on it. I know that all those KSU/SPSU guys are pretty good, I just haven't been blown away by anything I've seen. Not saying that I'm any good compared to them, but I just haven't seen the results that other states have.

Also, as you said, Marietta, Kennesaw, and Gwinnett are the only areas with like ANY smash community. UGA and GT (sorta) are dead, which I think really stifles GA's potential.

And I would go to Tipped Off, but I'm pretty sure the 311 concert is on the same day (which, sadly, is more of a priority).

For the record, when I say a place "sucks" in this thread, it doesn't mean the players there suck at smash. It means that compared to the other places in the country/world, the aforementioned place "sucks".

PB&J

Smash Hero
u need to come to gwinnett. there are tons of good people. We are actually playing right now..lol and i travel to many states too and we are not bad at all

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
what ga has now isn't bad.

it's just not what like ga used to have. i'm used to the GA that would come up to NC billfests and take our money in melee. that's just not who they are anymore. it's not bad, but they just got hit hard by a lot of players retiring. NC did too, right after brawl came out, but we've kinda moved through the rebuilding stage as a state *shrug*

PB&J

Smash Hero
blackchris. im telling you alot of the players we have now are really good. he havent lost anyone besides mike g and drugged fox

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
hmmm ok. I'd say a crew battle at tipped off would show my point, but i don't know if NC is really going to tipped off at all. summers are bad for us lol. we don't really go anywhere.

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
Yeah I've heard of and seen a lot of those guys play, I guess the fact that GA doesn't travel well effects my view on it. I know that all those KSU/SPSU guys are pretty good, I just haven't been blown away by anything I've seen. Not saying that I'm any good compared to them, but I just haven't seen the results that other states have.

Also, as you said, Marietta, Kennesaw, and Gwinnett are the only areas with like ANY smash community. UGA and GT (sorta) are dead, which I think really stifles GA's potential.

And I would go to Tipped Off, but I'm pretty sure the 311 concert is on the same day (which, sadly, is more of a priority).

For the record, when I say a place "sucks" in this thread, it doesn't mean the players there suck at smash. It means that compared to the other places in the country/world, the aforementioned place "sucks".
Lmao, 311 sucks.
That's like saying I shouldnt ditch the wedding I'm "supposed" to go to for FC.
Get on my level.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
hmmm ok. I'd say a crew battle at tipped off would show my point, but i don't know if NC is really going to tipped off at all. summers are bad for us lol. we don't really go anywhere.
For me, it seems like only Chinesah would be able to make brackets at a big tournament, that's really good.. below that is just "good" for me. =P

PB&J

Smash Hero
I'm pretty sure Ga would would beat Nc in a crew battle with PP on it. and Kage Drugged fox made brackets @ apex 2012 and beat Cactuar. He also beat alot of people in pools such as duck in others. He beat tope @ rom 3. and chinesah Has alot of players close to him here,but i guess im done with this game. we will see when we have a crew battle or something or all of ga go to a big tourny.

Jockmaster

Smash Ace
Lmao, 311 sucks.
That's like saying I shouldnt ditch the wedding I'm "supposed" to go to for FC.
Get on my level.
I'm assuming you've never been to a 311 concert.

Regardless, it's only once a year and I get to see friends that i do not see often. I can play smash whenever lol

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
I'm assuming you've never been to a 311 concert.

Regardless, it's only once a year and I get to see friends that i do not see often. I can play smash whenever lol
You can think that, but when all the old school TVs are gone you will get super salty. Just bring them to the tournament, and play that craptastic music on a boom box.

Jockmaster

Smash Ace
It's because no matter how much Georgia wants to be the peach state, South Carolina will always be the true peach state

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
First of all, Ga is not inactive. we have tons of players who play this game alot (everyday actually)
Second, Ga doesnt suck at all actually. we have alot of good players. Chinesah has been winning most of the tournies recently ,but he doesnt **** us or anything. We have some up and coming players such as Carson and Onish( i have no idea what there gamer tags are) . Red Fox who use to live in florida lives here and he is good. Soft(people should know him by now and he is good) Sleepy K started playing again. BBQ,myself,fullmetal, nicaboy and flaming roy live here (even though they dont play with anyone) but they are still really good. Articanus is our best marth player in the state but he lives far from everyone. we have retired players like mike g and green mario who lives with xif,but they still play from time to time. We are definitely better than some states but i guess the best person who done the best here is "Drugged Fox" and he plays marvel now. I hope alot of players come to tipped off 8. Oh and Rayku use to live here is a really good shiek that beat wobbles before. I think there are tons of other players but the Majority players we have live in gwinnett county ,not atlanta where it is easy tp get around.

Anyway, come to tipped off if you think we suck
Chinesah still plays? thats good **** baby old skoo

PB&J

Smash Hero
Yeah ,Chinesah has been playing alot actually. He is going to tipped off 8 so you should be abke to see him on the stream or the vids when they come out

PB&J

Smash Hero
Travis is still MD/VA at heart

ya'll can't claim him

s0ft is GA's best player

you heard it here first
drugged fox is our best player by far and red fox is also better than soft now. He still is really good though. Rj our best falcon now just beat chinesah last time they played btw( i just remembered that)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom