• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

When did you realise you didn't like Brawl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Dude seriously, no. When you do something like that you are no better than the Brawl noobs who come in here and assume that this game is only "wavecheating" and no mindgames. I mean jesus, that's just some straight up trolling right there.
lol Not really, I knew it was gonna get closed and I was gonna get 2 points lol, but it was just for the lulz. But my comment was actually more truthful and asked a question which needed to be awnsered:bee:.

otg

Smash Master
FoD??

I'm pretty sure FoD wasn't in brawl. Unless I missed something.

In any case although originally I had no real point I guess you can say the level of playing gay increases for brawl.

Less neutral stages so your forced to learn how to play on the counterpicks especially since some neutrals are gay (FD is the new battlefield :().

When some counterpicks like delfino plaza creates walls so you know your going to camp until it goes away.

Pictochat makes a wall of boxes and stuff.

Yea... tournament Brawl games have far more throwing things at you and less fighting T_T.
My bad, I thought you were talking about Melee lol.

Professor Pro: yeah I can see why you would think that's a relevant question, but going into the Brawl boards and telling them their game lacks depth is the EXACT same thing as a Brawler coming in here and telling us Melee is dead. It might be for the "lulz" but come on, let's not be 14 here.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Professor Pro: yeah I can see why you would think that's a relevant question, but going into the Brawl boards and telling them their game lacks depth is the EXACT same thing as a Brawler coming in here and telling us Melee is dead. It might be for the "lulz" but come on, let's not be 14 here.
I am 14 :(..... jkin lol Yeah I get your point, I'm not gonna do it again anyway.

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
I realized i didn't like Brawl until just this past sunday, in the middle of a Online tourny match at a lag spike I just stared at the screen and started to laugh my *** off about how Brawl is so scrub friendly. I kept thinking to myself "what has smash been reduced to ..................."

Egret

Smash Journeyman
Your question would be much more appropriate in the combo videos section, which really should be renamed.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
^^^ Brawl is the ****ing lottery.
---
Also, in June, there was a tourney in AZ called AzOneTwoStep.

Look at the last match of grand teams finals on youtube. The player tripped into Snake's C4 and lost the tourney because of it.

Parker1006

Smash Journeyman
I realized I didn't like brawl when i was playing online. I was playing the game, and I was just like "screw this. Melee is better". Now, the only time I play brawl is if i'm just messing around at a friends house. The sad thing is, if I pick Snake or camp, my chances of winning a match skyrocket. And i haven't played brawl seriously in months.

SpeedAcE

Smash Journeyman
To be completely honest I do like Brawl to an extent in general, and very slightly as a competitive fighter. I play it mainly because A) It's new B) People are flocking to tournaments and I want to take their moneys.

Initially when I played Melee it was a great "party" type fighter (as Brawl is and will most likely stay). I played it for a while, had my kicks, then gave it up. It wasn't until about 2005 when I discovered the competitive scene that I jumped back in and realized this game was the sh*t. I had fun learning everything, competing, showing off, etc. When I play Brawl it doesn't feel that way. Granted I still enjoy destroying friends but the only source of fun present is seeing how frustrated they get and gloating about how I won. Melee has that + tons of depth.

I guess I'm still enjoying Brawl at the moment because I'm in the "initial" stages, as I was when I first got into Melee. It's just a matter of how long it will last.

Shroomed

Smash Master
i'm amazed you can tolerate it more than an hour, after 20mins i'm bored as ****

then i pop in melee and 3-4 hours fly by

Raikousei

Smash Rookie
I don't think Brawl sucks, it just doesn't have the effect Melee has no me. When I play Melee, I constantly see areas and things that I can learn and improve my gameplay. Brawl is too cut and dry my tastes and I feel like I peaked too early.
I agree with this.

lemonlau36

Smash Journeyman
I realized that I didn't like Brawl after a tourney I attended a month ago. I used Meta Knight. 7/8 of my rounds right up to losers finals were against MK players. Not fun at all.

A Game & Watch won the tourney.

Melee teams/singles were held after Brawl events, and it was definitely more fun to play Melee. Ever since that tournament, most Edmonton players have moved back to Melee as the game of choice.

Arek

Smash Rookie
Alright before this tread becomes another brawl hater thread, id like to say that I personally liked melee first. I bought the game in the midnight release at a local mall with a friend and some new ones. I thought that brawl would be everything i thought it would be in the trailers. I went to another friend's house and played adventure mode till 5 a.m. We both came to the decision that melee was better and i had second thoughts about the game in my bag as i walked home with my brother in the foggy streets in my neighborhood.

The smash community was a union in the transition from N64 to Melee, but now Brawl severed us.

Now for one thing ill admit that melee is more fast paced kill wise which leads to more and more people to become "pros" and eventually lead to some of the most memorable people that acquired god like skills with the most "crappy" characters and changed most of our opinions on the supposed "lower tier" people if anyone cares about tiers. Ive had a few hours of laughs attempting glitches such as the black hole. Personally i thought the melee controls flowed better to utilize combos and punish my enemies and to meet THEIR DEMISE AND THEIR DOOM with peach. lol. :laugh:

NOW THAT WAS ME FIRST THOUGHT

I managed to adapt to the "ridged" controls if you know what i mean. This is what i first acquired. My experience to brawl and what i gained came in separate bundles as is I had an epiphany or realization as i gave brawl a chance. As i played more often, i soon acquired the ability to substitute the melee R-canceling with the Land-canceling. This boosted my moral for brawl greatly along with "smoothing" out the ability to combo on the foe and make game play faster paced which was a huge break though.

I bet what most players disliked was the nerfing of their favorite characters. Ill admit that peach's D-smash sucks in brawl ( sorry i like the floaty light weight characters) but this opened a few opportunities for characters that are the heavy-weight, slower characters (with crappy recovery) such as Ike. R-canceling and WAVEDASHING was a big deal for the community. I see on these forums that nerfing and removing dashing are the major foundations of the brawl neigh-sayers. All im going to say about this matter is that to SUCK IT UP AND STOP CRYING ABOUT IT!!!! I see R-canceling and wavedashing as a glitch in the game that most players took advantage over the producers and noobs that we all enjoy punishing. Brawl advocates have found ways to replace those aspects lost during the transitions between games. n'uff said.

What really makes me ANGRY is when a brawl neigh-sayer says they hate that the trailers, character additions, smash balls and other menial things. JUST DONT MIND THE TRAILERS. a crappy game will get good sales if the trailers are good (and vise versa). this applies to all games in the market. As for the smash balls TURN YOUR ITEMS OFF!!! or DONT PLAY THE CHARACTER YOU DONT LIKE!!!!

What got me to "convert" to a brawl advocate is that i gave the game a chance and spent time with "melee's young brother". I replaced the things i lost in the last generation with new skills and new characters. Sorry if that was a little long:lick:

Puffy

Smash Cadet
Lol, I see that the majority of this site is filled with a bunch of whiners.

"OMAIGAWD I CANT WAVEDASH THE WORLD IS OVER!11!!1"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom