• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

When did you realise you didn't like Brawl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fletch

Smash Master
I think it's fairly obvious that Brawl haters haven't played the game enough.
You know how many people that play Brawl competitively (some of the top players) only do so for money... they end up playing Brawl quite a bit, and most all of the pros don't even like the game. Ask M2K about his feelings on Brawl.

Keblerelf

Smash Ace
It would be more elitist if he said "I'm a proud melee player and that makes me better than you you little nubcake roffffleesss"

edit- i'm too slow ;_;

Puffy

Smash Cadet
Wow, ******.
Look up the word elitist, and / or elitism, and tell me again that proud is the same as elitist.
The word" proud" is not what I was focusing on~

The word I WAS focusing on, was "Melee"

From my perspective, it seems as though he;s implying that playing Melee instead of Brawl makes you high and mighty.

Edit:

@Cinder
This is a "HAY BRAWL SUX" thread, I do not think Brawl sucks. I have every right to argue.

@Fletch
His opinion is no more credible just because he's very,very good at the game.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Who the **** cares?

Melee is better than Brawl competitively. This is an undeniable proven fact. Anything you say Puffy won't help anything.

Cinder

Smash Master

From my perspective, it seems as though he;s implying that playing Melee instead of Brawl makes you high and mighty.

Edit:

@Cinder
This is a "HAY BRAWL SUX" thread, I do not think Brawl sucks. I have every right to argue.

@Fletch
This is the biggest load of BS I've heard all night...I am NOT implying anything other than the fact that I prefer Melee, and that I'm proud of it...you need to stop twisting everything we say into "Brawl Sucks" just so you can feel justified in staying here...and this is NOT a "HAY BRAWL SUX" thread...it's a "why don't you like Brawl? Why are you going back to Melee" thread...and if you don't like it, just leave...you're only pissing people off by staying here...there is no reason to stay here...you're a Brawler, so go back to the Brawl discussion and let us be...

Fletch

Smash Master
@Fletch
You said that people haven't played Brawl enough or given it a chance. The best Brawl players have played Brawl as much as anybody. They still hate the game and think it is garbage. Your statement is wrong.

That's all I was trying to say.

Puffy

Smash Cadet
Yes, I'm a troll since I disagree with the topic.

Edit:

@Cinder
Tell that to the guy that said people who like Brawl are *******. (Or something like that)

And a majority of people here are posting BS reasons, I have nothing against people who prefer Melee, otherwise my presence here would be nonexistent. An example would be "My favorite character got nerfed!"

@Fletch
I only ment the average Joe who posted in this thread.

~Infinity~

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8710-6567
How cool it is to prefer one video game over another.... =3

Ramen come its an opinion topic, why do you get so defensive over brawl? It is true, Melee is better than Brawl in many ways, but Brawl is a very high quality game, that dont require to go out of state to go to an tourney.Know matter how stupid someone opinion is that Melee is brawl it still should be accounted for, not attack.
In my honest opinion Melee is better than. At first I thought Brawl was better on an account of All the cool new modes, but the gameplay was slow and it took me forever to adjust to the speed. Alot of Melee characters Where nerfed, but an equal amount of them where buffed out abit. Now the difference between Melees and Brawls teir list is very vast. Melee characters where more balanced and had combos, Brawl teirs are broken in a way and basically the character have more effect on the player, than the player on the character, but I tend to SD in Melee more because they where very fast. I absultly hate Brawl stages, but i can make my own netreul stage in the stage maker. Melee does not have as many neutral stages as brawl does. Thats my opinion with supporting facts, in my conculsion i came to say Melee is better than brawl. Im not just saying oh Roy and Mewtwo isnt in their Characters not balanced, that wouldnt be enough for me.

Vulcan55

Smash Lord

Well, that's all the more reason to look up the word. He obviously didn't say he thought he was better than anyone else because of his opinion. In fact, he didn't say anything to further that point.
I am a proud Melee player, also.
Therefore, I think I am better than someone who plays Brawl?
**** no.
I don't not believe I am better than anyone.
Smarter than some people? By a long shot.

superman969

Smash Journeyman
It's fun as a party game. Actually teams is pretty fun, but Melee is still better in every aspect. But I realized when I was playing my friend in Marth dittos and he Up Bd outta my rapid jab part of side b and KILLED ME? I was fukkn pissd.

And to contribute to the thread: no u.

Saying "I'm a proud Melee player" or whateva he said doesn't make him sound elitist; it makes him sound proud of what he does. If someone says, "I'm a proud parent," does that make them elitist against non parents?

And a lot of Brawl haters have played Brawl for like 200+ hours... probably more. I've got like 100ish, and now I realize that Brawl just isn't as deep or enjoyable after extended play times.

Actually, I could do DDDs crouch all day. And other than that, Snake and Wario are the funnest characters. But that shiet doesn't even compare to Melee.

and Puffy, usually if you know more about what you're talking about, your opinion is more credible. ANOTHER SIMILE: would you ask a 10 year old soccer player to be the assistant coach or a 45 year old vet who played college and overseas? (NO I'm not saying you suck at the game or don't know anything yada yada)

Dayum I rant too much

Edit: aww I missed the troll thing, I got side tracked while posting (choco chip cookie dough ice cream ftw)

Puffy

Smash Cadet
Gah, so many things to reply to.

@Kosuke
All I've done was laugh at idiots ( and Vulcan), and posted my opinion. If I trolled while claiming that Brawl sucks i bet it would be okay.

@Bmaster
I have nothing against people who prefer Melee.

@Vulcan
I said it "looked" like it from my perspective.

Edit:

@Superman

I ment to say an average Melee players opinion on Brawl would be no different than a pro's opinion.

Fletch

Smash Master

@Kosuke
All I've done was laugh at idiots ( and Vulcan), and posted my opinion. If I trolled while claiming that Brawl sucks i bet it would be okay.

@Bmaster

@Vulcan
You still haven't addressed my last post. Now admit you are wrong.

~Infinity~

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8710-6567

@Kosuke

@Bmaster

@Vulcan
I wasnt talking against you, There are to many topics like this, but people get very defensive in Melee vs Brawl discussion. You've proved many good points, but its gonna be hard to fend off hundreds of Melee fans by yourself.

Puffy

Smash Cadet
Yeah, well, you AREN'T.

Now go away to GBD.

Trolling while stating that Brawl sucks = acceptable?

@B
I've came partly to prove the majority of the statements (not in this flame war) to be wrong, and laugh at them.

Fletch

Smash Master
Sorry, Fletch.

I mean the average Joe who posted here seems to not have played it enough.
I don't see how this matters... Many of the best Brawl players still hate the game, so you think countless others are going to have a different experience? I don't understand what you are trying to get at.

superman969

Smash Journeyman

@Superman

I ment to say an average Melee players opinion on Brawl would be no different than a pro's opinion.
/disagree

average Melee players don't stand a chance against a pro. Pro's are pros because of their extensive knowledge of the game's depth, AT's, and their mindgames. Average Melee players are average because they don't have such knowledge / skillz, so they can't really say.

Honestly, I don't think that hardly anyone who has had even a taste of Melee's depth and awesomeness, then played Brawl, has a somewhat empty feeling.

EDIT: dayum you ice cream!!

Cinder

Smash Master
Okay, enough...this thread is way off topic it seems...

Puffy, you're not contributing to the topic...just go back to the GBD and leave us be...all you've managed to do is piss a bunch of people off, and unless you want it to get really bad, you may as well go back to your game's section...the GMD is for people to discuss Melee and why they play it...people coming in only to say that they don't play Melee is not appreciated...and the same goes for people going into the GBD just to say they don't play Brawl...if anyone comes in and does that, REPORT THEM!!! That's all you have to do...don't be a vigilante and retaliate...just report it and move on...and granted, we should have done the same...perhaps if you just leave and go back to the GBD where people will actually listen and agree with you, this whole thing can end...

Puffy

Smash Cadet
@Fletch
No my point.

@Vulcan
I was going to prove many of them wrong for being reasons to hate Brawl, but then this flame war started. =(

@Cinder
I play Melee, just not as often as Brawl.

This flame war wasn't my intention when I first posted here.

~Infinity~

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8710-6567
Contridiction.

10 Contridictions
You can never use 10 at a flame war! That is sacride usage created by FNT to use to make plp laugh not fight.

Why won't anyone get the point? Everyone have opinions. Not everyone is gonna agree with one idea. You shouldnt attack plp just so can agree with you.

Fletch

Smash Master
@Fletch
No my point.

@Vulcan
I was going to prove many of them wrong for being reasons to hate Brawl, but then this flame war started. =(
Then what's your point?

And for the statement under Vulcan, read this thread, or at least the OP and the posts it links to, then try to refute any of the reasons people don't like Brawl. There are tons of legit reasons, and you're really only going to prefer Brawl if you're a casual player, which is fine, just not for most of the posters on this board.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=153322

Puffy

Smash Cadet
Then what's your point?

And for the statement under Vulcan, read this thread, or at least the OP and the posts it links to, then try to refute any of the reasons people don't like Brawl. There are tons of legit reasons, and you're really only going to prefer Brawl if you're a casual player, which is fine, just not for most of the posters on this board.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=153322
I ment on this thread, anywhere else has nothing to do with my point that a lot of the reasons for hating Brawl are just plain stupid.

Edit: Apologies for double post

ElvenKing

Smash Apprentice
I ment on this thread, anywhere else has nothing to do with my point that a lot of the reasons for hating Brawl are just plain stupid.

Edit: Apologies for double post
Well you won't be able to do it on that thread because it's closed, fletch was telling you to read it because it gives the main reason why we dislike Brawl.

Vulcan55

Smash Lord
So the points in Scar's thread are intelligent?

Psst, I'll let you in on a little secret:

They are the exact same, ****ing points!

Super_Sonic8677

Smash Lord
Brawl does suck,and I know cause I play it every day. I also played Melee everyday for over 6 years. Brawl is a party game that is much harder to play in competition than Melee.

Sonic and the crappy online function is the only thing keeping me with it.

Puffy

Smash Cadet
Well you won't be able to do it on that thread because it's closed, fletch was telling you to read because it gives the main reason why we dislike Brawl.
I said the "stupid" reasons.

For the millionth time, I have nothing against people who like Melee over Brawl.

@Vulcan ^

Puffy

Smash Cadet
Which are?
Oh goody! I finally have the chance~
Not giving any names:

1)
I had a feeling it was gonna suck when I saw sonic update. The thing is I was looking forward to the game and sonic appearance but as soon as he appeared.... It just didnt feel right and then I felt it was gonna suck.

A characters appearance decides if a game is going to be good or not?

2)
As soon as I played it for more than 2 hours.

Proving a previous point I made.

3)
I knew Brawl was gonna suck from the moment they announced that they were coming out with a sequel for the Wii.

Self Explanatory

4)
When I realized what they did to Falcon and Ganon.

Nerfing overpowered chars. FTL

5)
Instead, everyone plays snake or metaknight

Because EVERYONE was used in Melee

6)
Guy #1: I like Brawl's gameplay. Am I mentally deficient because I think so?

Guy #2Kinda...

I believe I've quoted quite enough.

Well, my work here is done.

Edit:

@Vulcan

The first part of your sig proves my previous point that people think it's cool here to hate Brawl and love Melee.

Proud_Smash_N00b

Smash Ace
@ Puffy:
We know you don't have anything against Melee ppl. But you just ignore our opinions and label it as bulls***. It's happened before and it is annoying. Some of the stuff we posted was SARCASM even though we still don't like Brawl. I remember I said that I didn't like Brawl the moment my mom got pregnant with me. Do you see the f***** sarcasm there?

BTW, You forgot:
1. No hitstun
2. No wavedashing
3. No L-cancelling
4. ******** air dodging
5. Laggy Wifi
6. Little to no edgeguarding
7. Tripping ffs
8. No wavelanding
9. No meteor cancelling IIRC

"You f***** lost, stop trying"
-KillaOR