• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

When did you realise you didn't like Brawl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
I like MELEE 10x more than brawl. my friend just made the hate add on by showing no respect to me while playing SSBB. But when he play me in melee its a different story.
plus he criticize the way i play and says i need to change up my game.

Shroomed

Smash Master
Lol, I see that the majority of this site is filled with a bunch of whiners.

"OMAIGAWD I CANT WAVEDASH THE WORLD IS OVER!11!!1"
you are an idiot, wavedashing isn't the problem

It's that 1 there's no tech skill AT ALL....besides ooooooh look at me I can grab the ledge backwards

And 2 you win by either camping or spamming op ****

Cinder

Smash Master

Wow...just wow...

Loss of wavedash is the least of our worries...loss of L-canceling, REDUCED HITSTUN, and TRIPPING are all game-killers to us...so what if we don't like Brawl? We're entitled to that opinion without being accused of being whiny little *****es...

The Melee discussion forum is for discussion of Melee, not to bash Melee players and throw around **** like this...not liking Brawl does not make us whiners...if you're not here to talk about Melee without either harrassing us or comparing it to Brawl, I suggest you gtfo before you piss anyone else off...

Fletch

Smash Master

Although it was completely pointless to remove wave-dashing as it added so much depth and skill to Melee, this is not even close to being one of the top reasons that Brawl is a horrible competitive game. I don't know if I can really blame you for thinking like this though, I think most people used to think wavedashing was the most important indicator of skill in Melee or your most important option in a match when this is nowhere near the case. No one here is whining; we're just expressing our disappointment with Brawl. After playing Melee for countless years, I was ready for an awesome sequel; instead, we received basically a watered-down version of Melee with prettier graphics and TRIPPING. On top of that, the game is horribly imbalanced, and condones basically only one style of play which is extremely boring for most people to play and makes for horrible tournaments. There's a reason people are still playing Melee, it is far and away the competitively superior game. Hell, SSB64 is ten times the competitive game that Brawl is, at least it had combos (albeit insane ones).

Puffy

Smash Cadet
Wow...just wow...

Loss of wavedash is the least of our worries...loss of L-canceling, REDUCED HITSTUN, and TRIPPING are all game-killers to us...so what if we don't like Brawl? We're entitled to that opinion without being accused of being whiny little *****es...

The Melee discussion forum is for discussion of Melee, not to bash Melee players and throw around **** like this...not liking Brawl does not make us whiners...if you're not here to talk about Melee without either harrassing us or comparing it to Brawl, I suggest you gtfo before you piss anyone else off...
Melee-er's can bash Brawlers all they want, I fail to see why we can't do the same. =(

I can understand not liking Brawl, but most of the reasons people here gave are ****ing ridiculous.

Cinder

Smash Master
Melee-er's can bash Brawlers all they want, I fail to see why we can't do the same. =(

I can understand not liking Brawl, but most of the reasons people here gave are ****ing ridiculous.
If Melee-ers are bashing Brawlers in the Brawl discussion, report them instead of coming in here and doing the same...it does us no good to flame each other back and forth...and for the record, I don't bash Brawl...

If the only Brawl-bashing is in here, then I suggest you leave the Melee discussion and let Melee-ers talk amongst themselves...

And I do believe I gave my reason...I never got that feeling of pride and success I did from playing Melee...Brawl was just not my style...if that's not a good enough reason to quit, then I don't know what is...

Puffy

Smash Cadet
If Melee-ers are bashing Brawlers in the Brawl discussion, report them instead of coming in here and doing the same...it does us no good to flame each other back and forth...and for the record, I don't bash Brawl...

If the only Brawl-bashing is in here, then I suggest you leave the Melee discussion and let Melee-ers talk amongst themselves...

And I do believe I gave my reason...I never got that feeling of pride and success I did from playing Melee...Brawl was just not my style...if that's not a good enough reason to quit, then I don't know what is...
I like Brawl, I have every right to defend it while people are bashing the game.
(for the record, I love Melee, too.)

I've been seeing Brawl bashing nearly everywhere on this forum.>______>

I said MOST. I can understand hating Brawl for reasonable reasons such as the one you just gave, but the majority I've seen on this thread..... <________<

Edit: I also have the right to laugh at idiots.

Cinder

Smash Master
I like Brawl, I have every right to defend it while people are bashing the game.
(for the record, I love Melee, too.)

I've been seeing Brawl bashing nearly everywhere on this forum.>______>

I said MOST. I can understand hating Brawl for reasonable reasons such as the one you just gave, but the majority I've seen on this thread..... <________<

Edit: I also have the right to laugh at idiots.
Fair enough, but like I said, it's better to defend it by reporting, rather than making things worse...I can understand that you want to defend your opinion, but going into a section with hardcore Melee players and flaming them isn't the way to go about it...

EDIT: And we're not idiots...

Puffy

Smash Cadet
Fair enough, but like I said, it's better to defend it by reporting, rather than making things worse...I can understand that you want to defend your opinion, but going into a section with hardcore Melee players and flaming them isn't the way to go about it...

EDIT: And we're not idiots...
Maybe not, but again: the majority of reasons are ridiculous.

Did I say you ALL were idiots? =B

Proud_Smash_N00b

Smash Ace
Just think of Melee as your gf/bf(if you don't have one, pretend for now) and Barlw as some ugly person who is hitting on you.

If you truly like Melee, then you shouldn't like Barlw.
If you like both then it just means you like Barlw because you're just drifting over to Barlw's side.
If you liked Melee, then you wouldn't switch to Barlw in the first place.
lol

EDIT: :B > =B

Watchful_Eye

Smash Apprentice
A thing which is really better in Melee then in Brawl is the "menu atmosphere". The Theme and the Menu Graphics - the Brawl ones look kinda flat and seem to be made by average art-students.

Although I like some things more at Melee (and vice versa), the thing why I bought the game (and actually the Wii to play the game) is the Online Mode. The situation in the USA seems to be hugely different to here; Ive never heard from SSBM Offline Tournaments around here. Learning advanced combo tricks isnt funny if you have almost only computers to play against. :-/

I had friends to play SSBM with, but they only - with 1 exception, but this one didnt ever have a GCN - wanted to play FFA on Corneria with Items.. what is also funny in between, but I missed a possibility to play against equal opponents in 1on1. Now I have it - with Brawl.

Puffy

Smash Cadet
Just think of Melee as your gf/bf(if you don't have one, pretend for now) and Barlw as some ugly person who is hitting on you.

If you truly like Melee, then you shouldn't like Barlw.
If you like both then it just means you like Barlw because you're just drifting over to Barlw's side.
If you liked Melee, then you wouldn't switch to Barlw in the first place.
lol

EDIT: :B > =B
Get this, I even TRIED to like Melee better, but I failed.

@Grunt
Jiggly is a sexy beast. That's all that matters.

Proud_Smash_N00b

Smash Ace
I just realized that I left out the part for people who started out with Brawl and never tried Melee before it..

hmm..
I guess use the opposite idea (Barlw as the ugly a** bf/gf) and in this case, they are the really b***** ones who are really demanding and bossy

ADHD

Smash Hero
*OFFTOPIC*

There is such thing as a male jigglypuff, but there are more female jigglypuffs than male ones.

/*OFFTOPIC*
Yes but the smash one doesn't have a **** tyvm

Why would you even bother with a ***** girlfriend? I thought gfs were supposed to be enjoyable but wtf these days kids will just have them for status. ***** girlfriends are only good if they're gorgeous, otherwise, stay single

Vulcan55

Smash Lord
You can, you guys just suck at it.

I think it's fairly obvious that Brawl haters haven't played the game enough.
Played it enough to what?
Played it enough to realize its the superior game?
Played it enough to find all those AT's?
Played it enough to realize how "blanced" it is?
Played it enough to realize the extremely low-depth play?
Played it enough?
Yeah, I have, and I'm done.

Puffy

Smash Cadet
You can, you guys just suck at it.

Played it enough to what?
Played it enough to realize its the superior game?
Played it enough to find all those AT's?
Played it enough to realize how "blanced" it is?
Played it enough to realize the extremely low-depth play?
Played it enough?
Yeah, I have, and I'm done.
ROFL

I'm sorry, but the level of immaturity that the comment was too big to not ignore.

I find it funny how people here think they're cool just because they hate Brawl and love Melee, it's amusing.

Cinder

Smash Master
I haven't played it enough? Bull...two months of not l-canceling and not getting a rush from "combos" was enough for me to realize it wasn't worth it...I'm a proud Melee player...even after trying Brawl...

Puffy

Smash Cadet
I haven't played it enough? Bull...two months of not l-canceling and not getting a rush from "combos" was enough for me to realize it wasn't worth it...I'm a proud Melee player...even after trying Brawl...
How cool it is to prefer one video game over another.... =3

Vulcan55

Smash Lord
ROFL

I'm sorry, but the level of immaturity that the comment was too big to not ignore.

I find it funny how people here think they're cool just because they hate Brawl and love Melee, it's amusing.
How the **** am I immature?
I don't think I'm cool for not liking Brawl.
I don't like it, so I stand up for it.
You need to stop throwing wild accusations around.

Puffy

Smash Cadet
How the **** am I immature?
I don't think I'm cool for not liking Brawl.
I don't like it, so I stand up for it.
You need to stop throwing wild accusations around.
"U SUK @ ET"

Not exactly what you said, but the same meaning. =3

Puffy

Smash Cadet
It's called having an opinion...it's called not liking something that isn't one's style...got a problem with that? Get over it...
"I'm a proud Melee player"

Sounds a little elitist if you ask me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom