• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

When did you realise you didn't like Brawl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

strangely mundane

Smash Journeyman
]It's also very difficult because Namco made a Mario Kart game for the Arcades and seeing that game compared to the Wii version really adds to the disappointment of the Wii version. I wish we had that version instead of the Wii version.

Lets hope they do port it to home
I hated the steering wheel on that game. :mad:

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
when i played it, i used a gamecube controller. so it was all good. haha
p.s. i used to heart double dash.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
When I realized I would have to learn a new game and have to deal with the fact that speed did not equal victory.
speed equals victory in melee?
wow... you should let the pros know... they've been doing it all wrong.

jorgen aune

Smash Cadet
Meele= "skill" (speedrush), speedrush, speedrush, speedrush, speedrush, it seem's that every charakter has a infinite-grab, speedrush, speedrush, speedrush, total overpowered charakters like fox, falco and mart.

Meele=bRokEN

jorgen aune

Smash Cadet
Meele="skill" (speedrush), speedrush, speedrush, speedrush, speedrush, speedrush, speedrush, if you want to be meele-pro you must play with: Marth, Fox, Falco, Sheik, C. Falcon or Jigglypuff. If you try play with Mario for example, this will happen the first fight you try against Marth: Marth is runing into you, attempting to grab you. You will try to dodge and shield his attacks and grabs, but meele is based on offence (in this case SPEEDRUSH) so its impossible to keep it going. You get grabbed, u-thowed-uthrow-uthrow-utilt-utilt-utilt-fsmash (so freaken longranged) OR -fair-fair-dair (spike).
Meele=True combos=Owerpowered. Remember that only the fast charakters that can combo, and thst the first player starting a good combo gonna 4stock anyone.

Meele=bRokEN

Cinder

Smash Master
Meele= "skill" (speedrush), speedrush, speedrush, speedrush, speedrush, it seem's that every charakter has a infinite-grab, speedrush, speedrush, speedrush, total overpowered charakters like fox, falco and mart.

Meele=bRokEN
Meele="skill" (speedrush), speedrush, speedrush, speedrush, speedrush, speedrush, speedrush, if you want to be meele-pro you must play with: Marth, Fox, Falco, Sheik, C. Falcon or Jigglypuff. If you try play with Mario for example, this will happen the first fight you try against Marth: Marth is runing into you, attempting to grab you. You will try to dodge and shield his attacks and grabs, but meele is based on offence (in this case SPEEDRUSH) so its impossible to keep it going. You get grabbed, u-thowed-uthrow-uthrow-utilt-utilt-utilt-fsmash (so freaken longranged) OR -fair-fair-dair (spike).
Meele=True combos=Owerpowered. Remember that only the fast charakters that can combo, and thst the first player starting a good combo gonna 4stock anyone.

Meele=bRokEN
Oh goodie...someone who has no idea what they're talking about trying to act tough and get this thread closed...

Edit: Just throwing this out there...

Fletch

Smash Master

Meele=bRokEN
I think you're talking about the wrong Smash Brothers game.

jorgen aune

Smash Cadet
Sorry, i regret what i said. Had'nt even tried meele since brawl came out because of Wolf, but now as i have tried it again and felt how it is to combo a friend and take the risk being comboed... its wonderful.
And finaly a real final destenation=)

Main: Marth. secondaries: Ganondorf, sheik and C. Falcon

Eaode

Smash Champion
You should play brawl for a bit. I will make you appreciate melee more.
QF:
1) MFT
2) GJ

seriously, I was at a friend's house and we played Brawl for 20 minutes. As soon as we got back to Melee, Oh My God that game was so amazing. Don't take Melee for granted. Play Brawl and then Melee and you'll realize how amazing Melee is.

Steelia

Smash Champion
True story.

Was one of those poor saps completely brainwashed into believing Brawl to be the next Smash god for worship; I trained my Mewtwos in Melee just for the chance to carry him over in Brawl. I had a hunch Doc, Young Link, Pichu, MAYBE Roy wouldn't come back. But Mewtwo? Please. This game was gonna be the ****.

No Mewtwo.

......Okay, so......... they made a cut........... like that, I mean.......... they're gonna make it worth it, right?
Right?

///I play Brawl for about a month... Maybe two.
Some time into it, I notice... I'm becoming increasingly flustered, and increasingly bored. I couldn't put my finger on it, and it started getting me angry.
Textures for Brawl arrive. Cool. Help spicen the game a bit. Get the Wii set up, get those Brawl hacks rollin'.

Bro's friend comes over to play. I choose Toon Link, my main, months into training him to become superior online stuff. He chooses Meta Knight, sir god tier. We do stock match, no items, all that goodness. I figure I'd sweep him, what him being a complete n00b and I having all these months of training-
I survive with only a stock remaining.
And it was then it hit me:
Something's seriously wrong here.
I trained day in and out, this Toon Link, this fine piece of work............ This kid walks in, chooses MK, and kicks my ***???????

After that fateful day, the Wii bricks on us for a bit, have it mailed to Nintendo to get it fixed up. I'm still in a moral dilemma, unsure of what to do at all.
Pull out our pretty little platinum GCN, boot up Melee. I'm totally expecting to be bored to death, I mean, Brawl's the ****, why would I want to play Melee again, after playing it nearly seven years straight?
I love it. I ****ing LOVE it. There's speed; there's depth; the characters FEEL different; the atmosphere's mature, yet textures so colorful it's hard not to have a good time and a smile.
I FINALLY figure out what I've been missing this whole time...
But wait!
Brawl's still got those textures for it! I can't stop playing Brawl yet... Not when it has textures to use...
So I made a vow to somehow crack Melee, and get it back into mainstream hacking.

July 4th, 2009. Using the knowledge of hacking Brawl, and some of its own resources, I figure out how to texture hack Melee.
And I drop everything I ever associated with Brawl at the door, and haven't looked back since.

seriously, I was at a friend's house and we played Brawl for 20 minutes. As soon as we got back to Melee, Oh My God that game was so amazing. Don't take Melee for granted. Play Brawl and then Melee and you'll realize how amazing Melee is.
Also quoted for truth.

And lolwhoops, this topic's pretty old. U:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom