• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

When did you realise you didn't like Brawl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micahc

Smash Ace
I realized I hated brawl when they stupified the ledge. As long as your in a radius of ten feet of it, you cling. And you cling backwards. And you cling when you miss. And you can't let go. And if you do miss you trip.

Kief

Smash Ace
each have their advantages.

i freaking hate chaingrabs and tripping. and i was extremely dissapointed cus i thought link was on the way up since he got better from 64 to melee, but i was wrong.

but brawl has more characters, stages, modes, final smashes, better graphics, and its way easier to tether recover ^_^

but i cant help but think back and remember the ****** i could do with my melee link...
it seems every time a sequal of a game comes out i end up wishing i could just take the advantages of both of them to make a super hybrid game. but dreams will remain dreams i guess...

Tamoo

Smash Master
I realised brawl sucked after hearing anti brawl propoganda from Professor Pro at a tournament lol.
omg, i cant believe ur thread has come so far Prof, ppl must be really passionate bout disliking brawl .
I still kinda like brawl but only when i need to calm down from intense melee sessions.

okiyama

Smash Ace
Once I realized that I have no room for improvement in brawl, I reached my peak about a week after the game came out and everyone else excelled and I did not. It's because in melee I was much too reliant on tech skill to actually have mind games, which wrecked me in brawl so now I stick to melee where I can wear my tech skill like a mask.

It's not that I don't like brawl. It doesn't like me.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i first realized i didn't like brawl when i watched melee singles today at WCSL.

**** mango for being so ****ing good!!!!

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
man... DSF got 2nd in brawl and 7th in melee.
to even make it out of pools for melee was saying a lot in this tourney.
but to be as rusty as he is at melee and for him to do that good in both melee and brawl at such a big tourney... that's impressive.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
Im calling Shenanigans on DSF though. I watched his pool matches on stream and I could have sworn he lost most of them >__>
no. in the bracket, he beat replicate (who 2-0'd his entire pool), germ (who beat phil, and lunin), and falcomist (who usually places top 3).

and he took a match off zhu.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
yes he does. at big tourneys. always. lol
(so i hear)

he's really good. he was beating me pretty badly with like every top/high tier saturday night at naota's.

zhu 4stocked him in falco dittos in a friendly
sorry justin.

K~SAN

Smash Cadet
NNID
SANHEK
3DS FC
2595-1379-4854
I found out when playing this little kid about a month ago. He'd chose Sonic and run away the entire time, he'd keep doing it and I'd chase, keep chasing and I'd always lose. Not only that but he'd always get the smash ball and win. Even without a smash ball chances of me winning was random, I just feel it's more about luck than anything else and skill had no part in the game.

I never played Melee much, I thought I might as well jump right into Brawl. I really thought Brawl would be better than Melee but I was wrong. I read numerous complaints by Melee players and when I finally started to really hate Brawl I thought hey lets give Melee a try to see what they were talking about.

And to my surprise, only a couple of games in I could tell the huge differences between the two games. It was amazing and after experiencing all the annoying problems Brawl had made me appreciate all the amazingly good qualities Melee had.

After a few matches in Melee I realized Melee was the superior game. Now I can beat that kid full stock all the time now lol.

The polygon count in Melee maybe less but I find the entire game feels more balanced complete and enjoyable compared to Brawl. I even like more of the Stages in Melee compared to Brawl like Fountain of Dreams, Yoshi's Story, even Mushroom Kingdom were all great and should have been included in Brawl.

Now I'm playing Melee everyday, it's a shame that I missed out on such a great game and that Brawl was the game that made me realize it.

Levi5

Smash Ace
I heard Falcomist laser camped pkm in some finals for an entire match cus pkm was playin dk. and then pkm just left cus he didn't even care. LOLOLOLSOISOISOISOISOISOISOISOI

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
I heard Falcomist laser camped pkm in some finals for an entire match cus pkm was playin dk. and then pkm just left cus he didn't even care. LOLOLOLSOISOISOISOISOISOISOISOI
haha i think falcomist is hella good.
and in tourney, i wouldn't put it passed him to shoot you for all eight minutes. hahahaha
i heard he's the DK slayer. (all 3 of them LAWL)

Arty

Smash Lord
Trip into an F-Smash and lose a match because of it...then try and tell me luck has NOTHING to do with winning a match in Brawl...

Now, play Meta-Knight...doesn't take much skill, does it?
Obviously the game takes some luck, every game does. But to say that skill plays no part is just ********.

mom7

Smash Cadet
Obviously the game takes some luck, every game does. But to say that skill plays no part is just ********.
ok, so what skills are in brawl regardless of the character you're playing???? Spamming is that a skill for u??? Ain't a skill for me but if it's a skill for you than that's just badddd.

And what separate the pro from the beginner at this game???

And I know that every character has his own technique but is it really usefull? are you gonna use them in a match??

just askin

Tricent

Smash Rookie
Pros: Cons:

Way better graphics No original touch
Online play Trying to improve on a fantastic game
More characters Bad title and intro
More custom controls
More modes
Cool taunts*

I missed alot of cons but still look at the pros

* Opinion

mom7

Smash Cadet
But even with lag Brawl is still better than Melee. Why are you even posting this? If you don't like Brawl make an account on YouTube or something (^_^)
Why is it so much better than melee even with lag, is it because you aint good enough to play melee and that brawl is so easy to pick up that you dont get any satisfaction when beatin someone else?

Fletch

Smash Master
But even with lag Brawl is still better than Melee. Why are you even posting this? If you don't like Brawl make an account on YouTube or something (^_^)
What the hell? Read this topic and see why Brawl is an inferior game. And why should we join YouTube? I'm pretty sure Melee is what made SWF into what it is today, and we've been here quite a bit longer (a lot of people have been here quite a bit longer than me as well) than your Dec 2008 join date indicates, so why don't you leave instead? Go play your fancy Brawl game and trip all over the place, and we'll stick to the Smash games that actually require skill.

Hostility

Smash Ace
I realized that brawl sucks when I came to the conclusion that the skill gap is defined by who plays safest, and has the safest habits, not about who is smarter, who is more technical, who has better knowledge of their character. No risks are worth while to take, the safer you play, the more you will win

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
I picked Metaknight in FFA online and did nothing but spam Tornado and Inf. Dimensional Cape. I won.

Your game sucks, gb2 Brawl Boards so this thread doesn't get closed.

Arty

Smash Lord
Whats the point of arguing with some of you people. I like Melee, probably better than Brawl. I was just responding to the idiot that said Brawl takes no skill. If that's the case then why are some pros consistently winning tournaments? Who cares if you picked MK and beat some scrubs by spamming Tornado. You need skill to win a tournament and to beat pros. But whatever.

Melee still is the Better Game

Lirok

Smash Journeyman
melee is faster and has more depth than brawl. Considering this, it takes more of both technical and psychological skill. That isn't opinion, it's fact. Whether you like that fact about melee is opinion though.

Why are we still discussing this?

mom7

Smash Cadet
melee is faster and has more depth than brawl. Considering this, it takes more of both technical and psychological skill. That isn't opinion, it's fact. Whether you like that fact about melee is opinion though.

Why are we still discussing this?
It's because there are still a lot of brawl fan boys that never played melee before sayin the opposite. Sad but true.

Lirok

Smash Journeyman
It's because there are still a lot of brawl fan boys that never played melee before sayin the opposite. Sad but true.
Actually there are 2 big factors to why most of the brawl players play brawl.
1. More people play brawl than melee.
2. People are told that brawl takes much more mind skill and melee is just about fast fingers. Both of which are lies.

But to be on topic, a definite big factor that contributed to my switch back to melee was the need to combo lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom