• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

When did you realise you didn't like Brawl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
well, you kind of have to

if you don't falco will shoot you a bunch and spinny kick you

and then play with your corpse like it's a blow-up doll

and keep drilling you

if you RAMBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO he has to fight and like run around and space and worry about whether his laser will stun your shield long enough for him to grab/aerial/jab/shine it or there will NOT be enough stun and you will be able to jump out and **** his face with your pen0r (and aerials)

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
So basically......RAMBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
against Falco it tends to be a good idea to stick to him and approach a lot

of course, it's a great deal of push and pull

he's going to be wanting to regain control a lot and reclaim his spacing and position

most of the game he'll be calling the shots and suff, choosing when you're allowed to approach, when you're not, etc

most characters' game vs falco is reactionary in the sense that you have to adapt to how he's shooting you in order to mount an offense. with any character. the strategies i listed are just basic strategies that generally work for disrupting his control but, of course, he has ways to avoid those. if he, for instance, wavelands onto the platform and begins shling and then follows you with more laser he can certainly control via camping because by being on the platform you forfeit your immediate dash room. and from that position he can certainly mount an offense against you.

it's more complicated than that but the basic control breaking strats are a good place to start when looking for ways to disrupt approach/control.

Falco's sort of broken though so yeah for the most part his approach is pretty hard to punish but that's the nature of Falco as a character. his control options are best in the game onstage, which is mostly why he's top tier. if you looked at any of the other top tiers it would be less inflated as an example. even then there are ways of disrupting falco approach it's just hard (powershield, spaced aerials oos depending on the character, not playing so ground oriented, etc).

Luigithemobster

Smash Cadet
well, some people like melee more but play brawl because it's new and that's what a lot of people are playing. Also, that's where the money is at right now. Most people have alot of trouble finding melee tournaments anymore too. (lucky for me I found one in my town :D)

Shroomed

Smash Master
if falco wasn't so easily gimped, best char in game? lol

good thing his firebird or w/e doesn't exist, and his illusion isn't too great either

Fletch

Smash Master
if falco wasn't so easily gimped, best char in game? lol

good thing his firebird or w/e doesn't exist, and his illusion isn't too great either
Falco with Fox's recovery, do you think Falco would be top then? Interesting to think about, recovery is the only thing holding him back.

otg

Smash Master
We could talk about these ridiculous hypothetical situations all day, but yes one thing is very clear. Falco would be the best character in this game if he didn't have a complete trash recovery. Honestly? Worst recovery in the game, worse than Roy's or Doc's or Falcon's or whoever else you think sucks, Falco's is straight trash.

Cinder

Smash Master
It would appear that we're getting a little off-topic...

Since the topic IS about not liking Brawl, *points to video link in sig*...I realized I don't like Brawl, and now I've proven it to the world...
and yes, I'm insane...

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
I waited in the cold for the release for hours.... I played it for weeks knowing that it sucked because of how hyped I was over it. One day my friend finally said that Brawl sucks. I just said yeah and burned it. Best. Day. Ever.
Burning's a new one, i wanna blow mine up =)

anyone know how to make a homemade explosive?
I'm about to stomp on my Brawl with some cleets...
I'm puttin' my copy of Brawl in a microwave, but I'm afraid of doing damage...to the microwave XD
but.... but...

You can trade Brawl in for $25... Then get GGXX^C... It's what I would have done, except for the fact that my little brother begged me to keep it, as he still plays (maybe I should make him pay me $25 to me to keep it...). I still got Guilty Gear though.

Shroomed

Smash Master
brawl sucks no matter what main you pick

Any char not snake mk or DDD will lose.

You main fox? Cp pikachu and chain grab him FROM 0 to DEATH. You main Lucas? Marth infinite. I'm sure there's more I just don't care to find out

Cinder

Smash Master
^Pretty mu--oh great, DDD was added to the list <__<

And to be fair...here's a little wall of text I wrote on another site about why I hate Brawl so much...
Anyway...let me explain a little more about why I hate Brawl so much...after such an intense smashing of the disc, I think I owe it to you all...

At first, I enjoyed Brawl...I won't deny that...I wanted to be a great Lucario user and make a name for myself...but then, as I continued to play, I felt like something was missing...no matter what I did, or what kind of "combos" and things I pulled off, I never felt satisfied...I never got that feeling of pure ecstasy I did when I did amazing shine combos with Falco or the "Stairway to Heaven" (I think that's what it was called) with Doc...I usually refer to it as that "OH MY GAWD DID I JUST DO THAT?!" feeling...at that point, I switched back to Melee (albeit a little late compared to a lot of my friends, who feel the same way I do)...I didn't hate Brawl, but I stopped playing it...

As I got back into Melee, I reflected on the two years I spent glued to my computer screen, waiting for updates...I thought about the anticipation I had had for Brawl, and the sheer excitement my friends and I felt the day we got it...then I considered the fact that all of that had gone to waste, and I felt like I had been duped...that's when my hatred for Brawl started...

I also took a lot of crap from Brawl fanboys, saying Melee was gonna die and that Melee players were gonna have to play Brawl or quit...I had heard of people sending PM's to random Melee players just to bash them...I couldn't believe that anyone could be so arrogant and hateful...I'm not saying that the Melee community hasn't done anything, nor am I saying that all Brawlers are like that...

My hatred peaked when I read some of Sakurai's thoughts on the two games...there's a chance I misinterpreted what he said, but my interpretation implied cheap-shots at Melee...especially Sakurai talking about how he wanted Brawl to be a game where "you'd have fun whether you won or lost", implying that it was the first game in the series to be like that...I realized that he was being completely unfair to the competitive community, and that he could have tended to both competitive players and n00bs using the EXACT same physics engine as Melee...I realized that he went OUT OF HIS WAY to kick competitive players to the curb...that's when I decided that I needed to make a public statement to show my hatred...I could have just sold my game for extra cash, but I didn't want to be so subtle and quiet about my hatred...I wanted the world to know how I felt...that's when I decided to smash my copy of Brawl to pieces...I put it on YouTube, where the entire internet community could see my hatred spill out...
Hopefully those of you still in shock about the fact that I hammered my copy to pieces will have a little more understanding after reading this...

Shroomed

Smash Master
^^^^ **** post right there

that's what i'm talkin about

if melee hadn't been so good, brawl wouldn't be considered so bad

and btw ppl shouldn't ask us to not compare brawl to melee, DUH we're gonna compare the two games

most of the brawl lovers never even played melee competitively, and if they try now their competition is too far ahead of them so they're discouraged to get better and so they quit and stick to brawl

smash superstar

Smash Ace
I have been leaning towards melee again lately.

I do not hate Brawl at all.

I just want to get better at melee because there is still growing room for it always.

I just wish people at my school played melee instead of brawl =/

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
I fully agree with everything said in the previous 2 posts 100%

Cinder, I understand why you broke the disc instead of selling it. I'm just really cheap and would never waste $25 like that myself XD.

EDIT: Smash Superstar's post was not there when I made this one...

JrdnS

Smash Ace
Definatelyyy. Need to see this.

Poor kids who bought Wii's just for Brawl... :[
Luckily my friend predicted the game was gonna suck completely so none of us bought Wii's.

^_^
lol. me.:urg:

but my gamecube broke soon after getting a wii. so at least i have a use for it. but i shouldve bought a 360 and a gamecube instead.

Red the Ghost

Smash Ace
I'm going to get a ton of Smash stuff - make my own if I have to - and create a Super Smash Bros. wall. On that wall somewhere will be written (in red) "SHAME," with a picture of Brawl's boxart. :laugh:

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
When I realized without wavedashing I couldn't win!!! And cuz GIMPY SAID IT WAS BAD!!!

lawl.

Supernova757

Smash Apprentice
Weather people admit it or not, brawl is in no way even being close to as good as melee! The way each charcter works, and how the overall game play is, designed, I can easily tell that when they were in the middle of making this game, they didn't have any intentions for it to take skill. No matter what anyone says the truth will will remane the truth. Their is absolutely no way brawl takes TRUE skill. When you look at each characters metagame in melee, and then look at it in brawl, you can just tell that something is wrong. That's what I'm trying to point out! That key factor is the biggest evidence we have to prove that brawl doesn't take TRUE skill! It's very obvious that whoever made brawl, wanted people to look at it like they look at a mario party game. In other words a game that isn't competitive driven! I'm not saying brawl's a bad game, I'm just saying that the way they changed brawls overall game play, wasn't a good move it's a bad move!

JacobWins

Smash Journeyman
I had a feeling it was gonna suck when I saw sonic update. The thing is I was looking forward to the game and sonic appearance but as soon as he appeared.... It just didnt feel right and then I felt it was gonna suck. Then when I saw the demo of how it looked online..... IT SUCKED.
the addition of sonic is a really stupid reason to not like brawl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom