• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

When did you realise you didn't like Brawl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

otg

Smash Master
We don't judge people instantly for being 08er's. If you came in here and started saying a bunch of **** like:

- You guys are wavecheaters
- Brawl has combos
- You guys are stuck in the past

etc etc etc

: than I would start hating on you. Good to have some new members around :)

Fletch

Smash Master
We don't judge people instantly for being 08er's. If you came in here and started saying a bunch of **** like:

- You guys are wavecheaters
- Brawl has combos
- You guys are stuck in the past

etc etc etc

: than I would start hating on you. Good to have some new members around :)
**** wavecheater

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
We dont look at 08'ers and think they are dumb straight away. Its only when they come in this thread and talk a whole load of crap lol. And often when crap is talking we say they are typical 08'ers because most of the time it is 08'ers but it dont mean we think all 08'ers are like that.

DaWiikid

Smash Rookie
ok good to know, man some friends came over today and i was like, hey instead of brawl, lets play melee for 1 HOUR, so we started playing, we ended up playing 4 hours of melee cause we all thought it was uber fun compared to slow, LOOONg loading timed, brawl. so ya Melee>brawl; oh and i forgot to mention, i love how you can get like double or more matches of melee in in the same time span that you would play brawl, with the loong loading times in all. 1 hour of brawl and melee, good 50+ matches melee x<30 brawl

Luigithemobster

Smash Cadet
I waited in the cold for the release for hours.... I played it for weeks knowing that it sucked because of how hyped I was over it. One day my friend finally said that Brawl sucks. I just said yeah and burned it. Best. Day. Ever.

rhan

Smash Hero
I'm about to stomp on my Brawl with some cleets...I was just at a fest this weekend. It was Brawl/Melee and they did Brawl draft crew battles. I took 4 stocks by just spamming. Brawl is soo easy and stupid. Eff Toon Link.

Cinder

Smash Master
Burning's a new one, i wanna blow mine up =)

anyone know how to make a homemade explosive?
I'm puttin' my copy of Brawl in a microwave, but I'm afraid of doing damage...to the microwave XD

And no, I don't know how to make a homemade explosive...wish I did though...you could always buy some fireworks (provided they're legal in your state) and strap your copy to one...that'd be pretty awesome...

.Marik

is a social misfit
Never.

I love Brawl.

But unlike most people who like only one, I also love Melee.

They are both awesome, in my opinion.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Never.

I love Brawl.

But unlike most people who like only one, I also love Melee.

They are both awesome, in my opinion.
You are a disgrace for even liking both games, you should go die somewhere because I seriously hate you. Only a true fool would like both and you are making people who play melee dissapointed and acting like a typical 08'er and in this thread saying that. I hope by the time you finishing reading this you realize that you have learned something you idiot and that I was joking from the beginning of this post and that its ok for you to have an opinion lol:) <3.

.Marik

is a social misfit
You are a disgrace for even liking both games, you should go die somewhere because I seriously hate you. Only a true fool would like both and you are making people who play melee dissapointed and acting like a typical 08'er and in this thread saying that. I hope by the time you finishing reading this you realize that you have learned something you idiot and that I was joking from the beginning of this post and that its ok for you to have an opinion lol:) <3.

LOL, you almost got me there! xD

*Whew*

AL2DAX

Smash Apprentice
I find it a bit funny how everyone here is complaining about how much brawl sucks, yet most users are on the brawl boards...ironic if you ask me lol

Shroomed

Smash Master
gl finding a post by me on the brawl boards.....if by some ridiculous reason there is one, i left myself logged on at my buddies house most likely

or i was making fun of brawl

Fletch

Smash Master
I find it a bit funny how everyone here is complaining about how much brawl sucks, yet most users are on the brawl boards...ironic if you ask me lol
I don't play Brawl whatsoever (haven't touched it once since around 2 weeks after its release), but still frequent those boards to keep up with everything. Other people do this as well.

5charactersquad

Smash Rookie
when i started playing, i noticed the obvious speed difference and no real ability to combo and such. brawl is ewwwwwww. haah

AL2DAX

Smash Apprentice
I don't play Brawl whatsoever (haven't touched it once since around 2 weeks after its release), but still frequent those boards to keep up with everything. Other people do this as well.

well i wasn't referring to melee players on brawl boards. i was talking about the general users that are on smashboards period.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
In all seriousness, when I noticed that approaching was really bad and oh I'll never forget the exact moment I hated the game.

*my lucas dash attacks*
*marth shields then fsmashes*

Me: ...

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
^No, Brawl requires waiting for someone to attack you regardless of how you wait. (camping, running around, jumping around, throwing stuff....it does not matter) Then from here, punish.

Brawl is crap.

More people like Melee than more people like Brawl.

Melee is making a comeback. End Of Story.

Shroomed

Smash Master
most pros admit they like melee way better, but simply play brawl for the competition/money involved right now

didn't m2k post that somewhere? i'm pretty sure he did

LinkSceptile333

Smash Journeyman
Hey, LinkSceptile333 here, and sorry about my ******** comments my account left a while ago. You probably won't believe me, but that was my friend. He's dumb. Well, so am I because my password was wasy to figure out, but whatever.

Anyways, I still play Melee, but also Brawl. I have to admit, though, that Melee is more competitive than Brawl.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
when i read this thread
get your own opinion rofl
^No, Brawl requires waiting for someone to attack you regardless of how you wait. (camping, running around, jumping around, throwing stuff....it does not matter) Then from here, punish.

Brawl is crap.

More people like Melee than more people like Brawl.

Melee is making a comeback. End Of Story.
Waiting for your opponent to attack and punishing is what melee is about aswell (while being in the right position to punish offcourse). If your opponent is NOT in the right spot (ie, YOU'RE in the right spot) there are (relativily) safe ways to approach your opponent though (like shffling through someone's shield, very hard to punish someone who lands behind your shield with minimal lag)
But generally, the approacher is at disadvantage. you're often punishable regardless of position (especially if youre fighting a fast char), and also they can reposition themselves as you attack (DD or WD back to anything)
baiting, predicting and punishing is what smash in is all about. rofl melee would be balls if you could just spam **** all you want. But you cant against good players.

and melee coming back is way off-topic

Why is this thread here btw? nobody cares about brawl

Shroomed

Smash Master
i don't think melee is punishing ppl that approach at all

i mean yeah, you punish ppl that approach you like an idiot

but, is there really a way to punish a falco approaching with lazers to dairs? or doc throwing 3 pills at you (all covering different angles)?

Samochan

Smash Master

but, is there really a way to punish a falco approaching with lazers to dairs? or doc throwing 3 pills at you (all covering different angles)?
>_>

You simply powershield falco's lasers and doc's are easy enough to just swat away since they're not energy projectiles. Wavedash from shield, jumps and rolls also help a lot. Unless you want to get pwned, you have to approach smartly and stay out of reach, even those that play falco with the best aproach in the game. Nothing on melee is completely unpunishable, it only varies in levels of difficulty.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
get your own opinion rofl

Waiting for your opponent to attack and punishing is what melee is about aswell (while being in the right position to punish offcourse). If your opponent is NOT in the right spot (ie, YOU'RE in the right spot) there are (relativily) safe ways to approach your opponent though (like shffling through someone's shield, very hard to punish someone who lands behind your shield with minimal lag)
But generally, the approacher is at disadvantage. you're often punishable regardless of position (especially if youre fighting a fast char), and also they can reposition themselves as you attack (DD or WD back to anything)
baiting, predicting and punishing is what smash in is all about. rofl melee would be balls if you could just spam **** all you want. But you cant against good players.

and melee coming back is way off-topic

Why is this thread here btw? nobody cares about brawl
MikeHaggar's sig is too good.

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
Oh, how about when I saw that neither Fox, nor Falco, NOR Wolf had the roundhouse kick. :(

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198

man that's hella hard to deal with haha
i just sit there and block till they're close then nair outta my shield.
that means if they're really campy or patient, i lose haha

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master

Shieldgrabbing pillars with very good timing. Powershield his laser->grab if you're close enough, powershield->WD->something fast if youre not close enough for a grab. DD->grab (but the lasers makes that really hard)
Just watch pros that fight pro falco's.

Falco has the best approach in the game, also.
He is not UNPUNISHABLE however, if he was he'd be untouchable. If he was untouchable he'd be so broken that no other characters would be playable in a tourny setting, which obviously isn't the case.
Melee is about baiting and punishing, if you're really good you can punish a really good approach

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
The beuaty(sp? lol) of Melee is that there is a way of countering everything. And yes I mean everything.

Some are just insanely hard to avoid like chaingrabbing from marth on a fastfaller. But yes there is a way to get out of it with the right mindgames and inputting the right smash DI.

I've seen people powershield falco's lasers consistantly.

Which is actually pretty funny, cause most games with multiple characters are made simple and keep it balanced (Well for melee thats not the case but still amazing that several characters can compete at the highest levels).

Or some games like GunZ online for example you and the enemy are the same character and whatever he does to you, you can do to him.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
^^SDI out of marths CG? :O Never heard of that. You mean SDI'ing the uptilts? (cuz you cant SDI throws) which directions etc? (I keep getting ***** by marths cg)

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend

vs falco with anyone w/ stunning projectile

1. jump on platform
2. use projectile
3. then RAMBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

btw don't get hit

vs falco with anyone w/o stunning projectile

1. jump on platform
2. wait for him to full jump laser or instant-double jump double laser
3. react and dash off platform and RAMBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

btw don't get hit

also, powershielding. and certain aerials/moves out of shield.

vs doc if you have a sex kick with more range than his it's pretty easy to just shield and sex kick out of shield when he approaches or to just sex kick through the pills

if you don't and you are marth you have fair which is like a sex kick only better

if you don't and you are a character like ganon or falcon then use nair or bair or whatever it doesn't really matter just pick whichever's better

Shroomed

Smash Master
vs falco with anyone w/ stunning projectile

1. jump on platform
2. use projectile
3. then RAMBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

btw don't get hit

vs falco with anyone w/o stunning projectile

1. jump on platform
2. wait for him to full jump laser or instant-double jump double laser
3. react and dash off platform and RAMBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

btw don't get hit

also, powershielding. and certain aerials/moves out of shield.

vs doc if you have a sex kick with more range than his it's pretty easy to just shield and sex kick out of shield when he approaches or to just sex kick through the pills

if you don't and you are marth you have fair which is like a sex kick only better

if you don't and you are a character like ganon or falcon then use nair or bair or whatever it doesn't really matter just pick whichever's better
So basically......RAMBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom