• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's the dumbest thing you've ever heard someone say about Smash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TP

Smash Master
Brawl is a good casual game. But thats it. Nothing else.

Olimar and Rob are hella fun to play, but I'm not gonna win because my opponent can just pick MK and destroy me.
This statement confuses me. Why would a Melee player want to use the two campiest characters in Brawl?

Anyway, here's the worst I've heard:

"I'm pretty good at Brawl."
"Well, do you play Melee?"
"Melee? :confused:"

I wanted to punch him in the face for his ignorance.

Metatitan

Smash Master
dumbest two things ive heard:

"jiggs is broken" JOHNS lol

"I don't see the difference between melee and brawl." You can visit this guy's grave near the church :)

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I was talking to my friend earlier this week. I found out that he played Smash.
I told him that I preferred Melee over Brawl.
He disagreed since he thinks Melee was too unbalanced.
I asked why and he replied, "There were too many cheap characters. To win, all you needed to do is either pick Marth, Samus, or Mewtwo."

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
*cough*

I CHALLENGE YOU TO A D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-DUEL!
Taj will crush you. Tread lightly around a player of that caliber.

Mewtwo is just akward and light. If he was a little heavier and had a D-Smash that hit on two sides he would probably be higher on the tier list.

"Melee sucks, man, there waay too many was to kill someone." -student in my Math class. Said it today.

L__

Smash Master
Taj will crush you. Tread lightly around a player of that caliber.

Mewtwo is just akward and light. If he was a little heavier and had a D-Smash that hit on two sides he would probably be higher on the tier list.

0MFg?! f1CK J00 I CHALL3NG3 JOU 7O A G4M3 OF MY BR4WL I PEWPEW PWN U SO HARD BEECUZ TH3 G4ME I5 SO BALANC3D. I H0P3 U DUN UZE WAV3D4SH HAXX!!!

M3T4KNIZZLE FTW?!?!

KIRBY IS T3H TOP TIERe IN ME MELEE BUT IT SUCKZORS FOR ITZ B4D GR4PH1CZ.

Darkman.exe213

Smash Apprentice
"Fox is way faster than Captain Falcon."
Depending on what he means, it could actually be true. Fox has the fastest jump in the game, is the fastest faller, and generally has faster attacks.

"Dude, Melee is stupid. It's only about 0-death combos and wavedashing(yes DASHING) people to death."
"Marth was too cheap in Melee. At least Metaknight didn't have such an easy B-move to spam with." O_O I don't think he's ever played Metaknight before, but STILL...

Shinku

Smash Champion
chudat recently held a tournament and gets zero to death chain grabbed by a ic player, (no not me)

he then says to neo and omni, "is that what ive been really been doing to people this whole time in melee"

neo/omni - YESSSSS

he then bands ic infinites in his brawl tourneys LOL

Stev

Smash Ace
chudat recently held a tournament and gets zero to death chain grabbed by a ic player, (no not me)

he then says to neo and omni, "is that what ive been really been doing to people this whole time in melee"

neo/omni - YESSSSS

he then bands ic infinites in his brawl tourneys LOL
lol made my day.

DRKTOONLNK

Smash Rookie
"Melee sucks compared to brawl, brawl has more characters, stages, a story mode, and better graphics. Besides melee is too fast pace and easy to kill people in."

Ah the n00bs, they never cease to entertain me with their ignorance of smash.

B.W.

Smash Champion
I was playing at a convention, and the gamecube was hooked up to an HD TV so it was lagging. We got home to our normal TV after getting used to the lag. A few minutes later.

"Dude, this is like way too sensative now. It's moving like, before I even touch anything."

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
From a Prima guide: "Be afraid of Mewtwo, his shadow balls make him one of the most devastating foes in all of Melee!"

From the same guide: "Luigi's fireballs move vertically which means they're much more useful than Mario's. Expect to use them more often!"

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
From a Prima guide: "Be afraid of Mewtwo, his shadow balls make him one of the most devastating foes in all of Melee!"

From the same guide: "Luigi's fireballs move vertically which means they're much more useful than Mario's. Expect to use them more often!"
People actually buy those guides? I thought they were just there as last minute presents that parents buy and think they're so original.

I actually bought the guide for SSB 64 because the competitive scene was so big back then.
And that was back when the people that ran these guides didn't know what Jiggly's rest did.

Red the Ghost

Smash Ace
People actually buy those guides? I thought they were just there as last minute presents that parents buy and think they're so original.

I actually bought the guide for SSB 64 because the competitive scene was so big back then.
And that was back when the people that ran these guides didn't know what Jiggly's rest did.
Haha, I have the Prima guide for Smash 64 still. I don't recall what they said about Jiggly's rest, though.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Haha, I have the Prima guide for Smash 64 still. I don't recall what they said about Jiggly's rest, though.
Quoting this from the SBB 64 BradyGames Guide.

"Never press down and 'b' with Jigglypuff. Just don't. Jigglypuff will fall asleep. What this move has to do with fighting, we'll never know. Don't say we didn't warn you."

Any other Melee guide quotes?

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion
my brothers ******** quotes from melee
"link is TOO GOOD in melee"
"WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT marth blows roy is wayyyyyy better"
"YOU SO CHEAP"
"whats a wavedash?"
"l canceling is useless"

thats basicly it lawl

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
Quoting this from the SBB 64 BradyGames Guide.

"Never press down and 'b' with Jigglypuff. Just don't. Jigglypuff will fall asleep. What this move has to do with fighting, we'll never know. Don't say we didn't warn you."

Any other Melee guide quotes?
That quote sounds very familiar.

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace
The BradyGames guide for Brawl is drop-dead hysterical. They said that Meta Knight has a hard time knocking out his foes. The same applies to R.O.B., but not Captain Falcon, oh no.

Stev

Smash Ace
From an IGN guide:

about Falcon:
"Oh, and if you haven't noticed his taunt (D-pad up) is incredibly lame and annoying"

about Falco:
"Falco's's A-button smash attacks are his most powerful. In particular his Up+A (smash) Tail & Leg and Roundhouse Smash attacks that are most devastating"
actually, this whole section was copy and pasted from fox's only it the names were replaced lol.

about Zelda/Sheik:
"Overall, though, the two characters are most powerful when used as a team. The strategy will only come to you if you use Zelda/Sheik. All we can tell you is that it's important to balance Sheik's speed with Zelda's power. We find Zelda tends to be more handy as opponents percentages get higher. "

about Roy:
"He's stronger than Marth, and his only disadvantage is really that he can't jump as high or strike quite as quickly. We think his strength more than makes up for any disadvantages compared to Marth."

"but his forward facing and backward facing attacks are fairly strong. Link them together with ground attacks for deadly combos" it didn't say that about marth's...

about G&W:
"As you can see, the hammer is quite a gamble. However, it's a gamble we suggest you take often. It can be activated in the air as you fall towards your opponents, so use it as much as possible. We've experienced triple KOs thanks to Judgement 9. Use it and abuse it. "

about Bowser:
"His moves are devastating. He can breathe fire, he can squish opponents by falling on them, and he can spin on his shell, damaging everything around him with his spiky thorns. " that was just funny

about Kirby:
"You can drop from high above the stage and slam into unsuspecting foes. It leaves him vulnerable for throws, but it's definitely one of those attacks that can still be abused"

"Overall, Kirby still feels the same and his hammer attack is very welcomed. If you liked him before, you'll love him now. " yes, from one of the best to... well...

about Ganondorf:

"Another charge-up attack is the High Dragon Kick (Up+A). Unlike Falcon's kick this thing really crashes down for a big explosion. This too can be used to keep opponents off the edge of the stage, but be careful -- once triggered you'll be left vulnerable until it is complete. " ????

about Ness:

"True SSBM masters often rely on Ness as their character of choice."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom