• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's the dumbest thing you've ever heard someone say about Smash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sessº

Smash Rookie
"super smash bros is just a button mashing game. and all you really need to do is recover when you need to. game takes no skill"

i **** myself when someone i know said this -.-

Meverse

Smash Cadet
Quote of the day:

"why doesn't jigglypuff's percent go to zero, i used rest"

O_O wtf? it was his first time playing jigglypuff lol

Laijin

Smash Hero
Technical skill is ****ing easy. Most techniques I learned within the span of 10 minutes per technique to understand how it works and simply refined it over time, or spent an hour or two on more difficult techniques. Consistency isn't even a problem. All you need is experience in execution, which is gained by playing against other players. and finally: TECH SKILL DOESN'T REQUIRE THOUGHT. A player should be fluent enough in his technical game that it becomes automatic basic on character/stage placement/relationship. After this, it all comes down to out thinking your player. In this respect, melee and brawl are the same. So what? In melee I push like 8293749823 buttons a second and in brawl i push like 10~20, but the end result is the same, the game comes down to experience, and out-thinking your opponent.

tl;dr:

You're an idiot.

Brawl and Melee mind games > melee technical skill.
He is kinda right. But not completely.
Tech skill does mean your good, but tech skill is also not easy to learn. If you can learn how to double short hop laser with fox while moving back and forth in two hours..you deserve a reward.

Brawl mind games consist of this: "Do I play Metaknight? Or do I play Snake? Hard choice."

Yep. Mind games happen at character selection. But its not really a mind game since you know the end result.

You can be the smartest player in the world in melee, but if your playing against another smart player who has really good tech skill..your gonna get wrecked.
So although mind games are better than tech skill, Tech skill is still really important.
So if we're gonna make a tier list it'll look like this:
Melee Mind games > Melee Tech skill > Brawl mind games > Brawl Tech skill(Cause its the most useless **** in the world)

Oracle

Smash Master
He is kinda right. But not completely.
Tech skill does mean your good, but tech skill is also not easy to learn. If you can learn how to double short hop laser with fox while moving back and forth in two hours..you deserve a reward.

Brawl mind games consist of this: "Do I play Metaknight? Or do I play Snake? Hard choice."

Yep. Mind games happen at character selection. But its not really a mind game since you know the end result.

You can be the smartest player in the world in melee, but if your playing against another smart player who has really good tech skill..your gonna get wrecked.
So although mind games are better than tech skill, Tech skill is still really important.
So if we're gonna make a tier list it'll look like this:
Melee Mind games > Melee Tech skill > Brawl mind games > Brawl Tech skill(Cause its the most useless **** in the world)
Why thank you Lajin.

Also you have to be smart and technical to be good. Technicality alone isn't what makes a player. Otherwise silent wolf would be best in the world

Number 1 DK

Smash Apprentice
While playing at the local game night, these two guys came in and started playing smash. So I was playing one and I 4-stocked him. It was pretty apparent he was a scrub and was the best amongst his scrub friends. The whole time I'm playing him, he keeps saying that the game is cheating for me because it knows that he is better, and that's the only reason I can win.

So after I win, he's pretty upset, and I say "Good game man." And he picks his chair up, throws it across the room, pushes me and yells "Why do you have to be such an arrogant little prick!?" Keep in mind that the only thing I said the whole time was "Good game."

I just burst out laughing and left the room.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
While playing at the local game night, these two guys came in and started playing smash. So I was playing one and I 4-stocked him. It was pretty apparent he was a scrub and was the best amongst his scrub friends. The whole time I'm playing him, he keeps saying that the game is cheating for me because it knows that he is better, and that's the only reason I can win.

So after I win, he's pretty upset, and I say "Good game man." And he picks his chair up, throws it across the room, pushes me and yells "Why do you have to be such an arrogant little prick!?" Keep in mind that the only thing I said the whole time was "Good game."

I just burst out laughing and left the room.
I've known a few people like that. I had a hard time accepting a loss back in my scub days too, though not THAT badly.

Stupidest thing anyone's every said bout Smash? I have one for each game!

64: "Link is a good character, really!"

Melee: "This game is a button masher. Every character is the same, and once you learn one of them, you can play them all. The game doesn't have any uniqueness..."

Brawl. 1:"Meta-Knight and Snake are average players." 2:" On a competitive scale, this game is far above Melee..."

Stev

Smash Ace
These were youtube comments on the "brawl version " of wombo combo:

"Oooh, lol. I thought wombo combo was just SBMM slang for some kind of technique like wave dashing, well it is a technique but for better elaboration it is a super combo. :D"

"If melee's physics weren't flawed (that means no wavedashing), this is pretty much what the Wombo Combo would look like. "

Darkman.exe213

Smash Apprentice
^^^ I responded to the guy who said that about Brawl's "wombo combo" with this:

"umm...no. Even with zero advanced techniques whatsoever, it still wouldn't look anything like this at all.

lol @ all the people who think Melee skill = advanced techniques only "

And someone else responded with:

"Wavedashing isn't an "advanced technique". It's a glitch. "

And then he snapped all of a sudden and responded again with:

"For someone who's a Melee fanboy, obvious facts escape you. WAVEDASHING is a GLITCH caused by a FLAW in Melee's PHYSICS.

The Smash Bros. series isn't written by Melee's rules. Each game is unique and has it's own way of competing. Whether that be exploiting glitches to fight faster and more effectivley, or calculating your moves and combos to adapt to slower gameplay.

I'm sorry you require the constant put down of others to justify your own insecure life. "

:laugh::laugh::laugh::joyful:

For those who want to see the video, here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bi3bi5WfwXA

Stev

Smash Ace
ya, i saw the discussion. It's so annoying how a lot of people who defend brawl are just people who never played melee and know nothing about it. That way when they argue against melee, they sound like idiots, yet they all think they're right. Therefore, since all their peers "agree" they won't change their minds.

Fools.

K64

Smash Apprentice
My brother got the hang of wavedashing and he called it "s***ing" because of the all the dust and all. After he beat me he said "Yea! I s*** all over you!" lMao

Meneks

Smash Lord
"melee is only out for nintendo right? because even if it was on the 360 id still beat you"
...Won 20 bucks
3% damage inflicted on me the whole set

Talon Fury

Smash Rookie
you do something so that you win all the time

- little sister

little sister johnz ftw

(that john is universal as in she says the same thing for every game we play)

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Anything that associates the word combo with the word Brawl. I play and appreciate both games, but the lack of common sense in such a statement is enough to make you want to choke a *****. :laugh:

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
...Coming from a player who uses one of the only characters that are completely void of that concept.

RazeveX

Smash Ace
...Coming from a player who uses one of the only characters that are completely void of that concept.
I was just joking around, but WOW. Really, WOW.

I AM IMPRESSED.

You were actually able to say something dumber than what you said before.

I stand corrected; the dumbest thing I've ever heard someone say about smash is that new morsel of ignorance. Not just what you said, but the reasons backing it up, etc.

Check your PM box for more reasons why you are so wrong in every way ever.

EDIT: These days Metaknight mains are like jews, and the rest of smashboards are like freaking Nazis.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
You'll receive no extended retort from me. Your response was completely unnecessary as were the insults contained within.

By your logic, what is apparently being demonstrated is not necessarily the truth (i.e. your character icon/signature); if this is the case...is it safe to assume that my response to your joke was not a joke of my own or sarcasm at the very least? Relax.

RazeveX

Smash Ace
You'll receive no extended retort from me. Your response was completely unnecessary as were the insults contained within.

By your logic, what is apparently being demonstrated is not necessarily the truth (i.e. your character icon/signature); if this is the case...is it safe to assume that my response to your joke was not a joke of my own or sarcasm at the very least? Relax.
No more here, PM; we shouldn't be dragging the topic down.

Anyway, the ACTUAL dumbest thing I've ever heard someone say about Smash was from a recent tournament hosted at EB games.

They said "Only wiimotes".

It was teh ghey.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
The one who initially extends the anchor of off-topic banter is not the one who re-directs the destination of the conversation. In short, you became butt-hurt over my on-topic post and decided to carry on with such a meaningless argument void of any progression or contribution to the topic at hand, and for what? If it was to extend your e-genitalia then you just proved my point.

/10ignorelists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom