• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's the dumbest thing you've ever heard someone say about Smash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

huntercrunch

Smash Rookie
"I like Melee better than Brawl."
"Why?"
"Because there are actual combos."
"What? I combo with Ike all the time!"

Proverbs

Smash Lord
I've been helping one of my friends get better in Smash. Since playing with me for a while, he completely OWNS his friends now. But one of his friends is convinced that playing against three level 9 Bowsers with 20 stocks teamed against you with team attack off and you needing to use Captain Falcon will make you a better player.

Of course this is stupid, but my friend wanted to record me playing against them. His friend's record was 20 something KOs or whatever. I played terribly (I don't even know how you can play well in that sort of match, it's just stupid), but ended up with something like 37 or 38 KOs--but the best part was, I died at 13 minutes and 37 seconds--no lie. I flipped out and told my friend to take a picture of it and he asked, "Why? I don't get it." I looked at him and asked "Have you ever been on the internet before?"

I'm not sure which one is more dumb: The fact his friend thought that'd make you a better smasher, or that my friend didn't know what 1337 was.

Gannonspetmoblin

Smash Apprentice
Taken from that forum posted on 219:

"brawl because it has more interesting caracters , in melee, some caracters are just annoying, like pichu, mew, in brawl sonic , snake , and pokemon dresser are amazing; also brawl surpasses melee for music, level interaction and number; and many other options.

conclusion brawl= melee -some annoying caracters + new music+new caracter+new level+.....................................+new fun"

SothE700k

Smash Lord
Me: "Yeah, I ended up having the stage advantage there, that's what helped."
Friend: "What? Dude, wtf are you talking about? A stage is a stage."
Me: "...Are you being serious?"
Friend: "NO DUH. What does it matter what stage it is!?"

LLDL

Smash Hero
I had a conversation yesterday with a brawl player. He said that in brawl you can always improve and reach another level of skill and technical ability. He said that in melee you can only get up to a certain amount of skill and after that its all just combos and memorization -_-

StriCNYN3

Smash Journeyman
"OMG (random cursing and mumbling) See this is why Brawl is better, you can swim..."
After beating him many times on Great bay...

PCHU

Smash Lord
"You don't know how to use Fox."
This was Melee, and he says this RIGHT AFTER I SHDL'ed and SHFFL-shined.
I was fighting my friend who uses Kirby, and he's had Melee since it first came out.
I'm always kicking his butt, though (he doesn't practice much since he has Brawl).
He does play competitively, and he puts up a good fight for a Kirby.
ANYWAYS.
At the time, we were downstairs, and I brought my Melee disk to play on the church's Gamecube (which I donated).

Me: "Yes, I do."
Him: "No, you don't."
Me: "Then HOW is Fox played?"
Him: "Well, when Fox does his laser thing, keep on pressing A, and he'll go like super-fast."
I took my Melee disk and left the n00b to rot.

M3WTW0 J0SH

Smash Cadet
Omg I HATE this. >_<

New =/= good, people really need to realize this.

That's like saying Soulja Boy > Biggie. -_-
Yeah, I deal with this stuff on a daily basis. Of course I get hate because people think I hate it because it's popular when that's not true.

Although, the fandom can feel free to die down anytime soon. I'm sick of being called a *** for not liking a game that you do. People just don't know the distinction between fact an opinion.

Darkman.exe213

Smash Apprentice
lololol I absolutely love how this thread has become a "quotes of noobs praising Brawl" thread xD
Pretty much all of that over the last 1 1/2 pages was caused by the topic I linked to. :p

My friend(who played Smash since the N64 version): "Dude, Samus's final smash is weird. It turns him into a girl!"
Me and my other friend: "Dude...Samus IS a girl..."

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
this guy (in the thread link) think brawl takes alot mor thinking??

i believe technical skill requires a degree of prediction n precision.

technical skill > brawl mindgames
Technical skill is ****ing easy. Most techniques I learned within the span of 10 minutes per technique to understand how it works and simply refined it over time, or spent an hour or two on more difficult techniques. Consistency isn't even a problem. All you need is experience in execution, which is gained by playing against other players. and finally: TECH SKILL DOESN'T REQUIRE THOUGHT. A player should be fluent enough in his technical game that it becomes automatic basic on character/stage placement/relationship. After this, it all comes down to out thinking your player. In this respect, melee and brawl are the same. So what? In melee I push like 8293749823 buttons a second and in brawl i push like 10~20, but the end result is the same, the game comes down to experience, and out-thinking your opponent.

tl;dr:

You're an idiot.

Brawl and Melee mind games > melee technical skill.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
1. Rubyiris, stop posting

2. This past friday, I was bowling in my life time sports class (128, 145, & 148 baby!) when people started talking about Smash. All 3 games. I got in the conversation and realized that most of them didn't like Brawl compared to the other to games. So, I pulled out my Smash Disciples card and started talking to them about it. One of the guys said, "No way, they don't have tournaments for Smash, I don't believe you. I bet it's just you and 4 of your friends and you all say you go to tournaments." I took about an hour to convince him that they exist... so annoying.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
1. Rubyiris, stop posting

2. This past friday, I was bowling in my life time sports class (128, 145, & 148 baby!) when people started talking about Smash. All 3 games. I got in the conversation and realized that most of them didn't like Brawl compared to the other to games. So, I pulled out my Smash Disciples card and started talking to them about it. One of the guys said, "No way, they don't have tournaments for Smash, I don't believe you. I bet it's just you and 4 of your friends and you all say you go to tournaments." I took about an hour to convince him that they exist... so annoying.
No.

10chars.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
melee>brawl

HATE ON
I assume that u mean that melee really is greater than brawl lol.

but yea Just people say that brawl is a better game and thats dumb.

Also Ive heard that melee is easy and has nothing technical about it(just from a marvel player)

Best john Ive heard tho lol: This guy mains zelda and was gettin owned by my marth lol. So he goes "Oh **** my hands are gettin cold (This was after we've been playing for about 4 hours) i.. is there a window open?!" EVeryone in the room just turns and looks at him and bust out laughing for like 5 minutes lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom