• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's the dumbest thing you've ever heard someone say about Smash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkserenade

Smash Ace
"Brawl isn't stupid, it requires a lot more tech skill than Melee, and especially SSB64.

Hell, who did like 64?"

Gotta love it.

doom dragon 105

Smash Lord
"Ike is cheap"

I really hate that that

"Wavedashing is a glitch that isn't fair and exploited"

I hate that almost as much

Panix

Smash Ace
"People who C-Stick don't know how to play the game"

"Captain falcon got buffed in brawl because he can turn his falcon punch around"

"metaknight sucks"

shadowbind

Smash Rookie
LOL and that question just happened to be today. ok so I showed my friend a video of ssbm which he hadn`t played ssbm only ssbb(OMG wat the**** is his problem) and said: In brawl you can go more faster than that slide smoke thing(lol wavedash) melee is old has cheapy graphics n gets very boring. Omg!!!!! lol he seriously has problems I know

Sybawave

Smash Ace
LOL and that question just happened to be today. ok so I showed my friend a video of ssbm which he hadn`t played ssbm only ssbb(OMG wat the**** is his problem) and said: In brawl you can go more faster than that slide smoke thing(lol wavedash) melee is old has cheapy graphics n gets very boring. Omg!!!!! lol he seriously has problems I know
Get new friends lol

Sheik is weak all he has is the needles, whip, and power to change sexes

Requiem

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

"ya but its a brawl forum. made for people to talk about brawl. and everything else is side thing.
Its more like you fail."

What is this I don't even

Darkman.exe213

Smash Apprentice
My friend playing Melee after getting used to Brawl:
"Dude, this game is freaking gay, it's not responding to my button commands." He was in tumble mode and was shocked to realize that there was something called hitstun in Melee.

MisterMoo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aaron_Rodgerz
"omfg let me get up and see what happens"

"dude why the hell won't you let me get up?!?!"

"all you do is f+air" *I use Sheik alot XD*

and my favorite....

"the only reason you won is because my hand is cramped from masterbating earlier"

Mattsy

Smash Apprentice
"Spamming is cheap and unfair, obviously you can't win using REAL moves."

wut.

"Edgehogging is cheap, don't do it."
"I think Ike can make top tier if people use him to his potential."
"lol which one was melee i think i mained pokemon trainer"

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
The dumbest thing I've heard in my oppinion is "SMASH IS SO GAY 'CUZ KRATOS N DA CHIEF AINT N IT!"... Weirdly enough, lots of people on the official SSB4 threads like making that suggestion...

Darkman.exe213

Smash Apprentice
Well this topic here had a lot of funny comments in support for Brawl:

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=55317

Not saying Brawl sucks, but a bunch of their reasons for Brawl > Melee are nonsense.

examplesof what they said:

Brawl's character balance is much better.
Melee was nothing but 3 characters wavedashing.(and yet, I doubt the people who said that even know what wavedashing is...)
There were a few people who complained about advanced techniques in Melee, claiming that Brawl didn't have any cheap techniques.(lolinfinitecape)

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
quoting from the link you posted

"Brawl, because the engine isn't as easily exploited for ridiculous tournament play, and the character balance is better for newcomers.

I hope that the next one is even friendlier to new players, though, more like the original."

I hope the person who said this dies in a hole.

rehab

Smash Journeyman
While that was lolignant of course, it's not completely off base to say noob-friendliness, or at least not noob-toxicity, is a good thing to try to put into a new smash.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
no. no no no. They did enough noob-friendliness in Brawl. it doesn't need any more noob friendliness. next smash it needs to be nicer to the people who love smash: the hardcore audience that they let down in Brawl.

rehab

Smash Journeyman
Ease up. You can make a rewarding game that doesn't scare off everybody except random masochists, which was pretty much what Melee did, compared to the more technical games out there. I didn't mean it would be a good idea to make a new smash easier than Brawl.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
Ease up. You can make a rewarding game that doesn't scare off everybody except random masochists, which was pretty much what Melee did
How many casual players actually stopped Melee because it was technical....how many people who wanted Brawl to be technical stopped playing Brawl because it was not?

Right......there is also no point why it was completely terrible in balance in terms of characters and more importantly game play mechanics (what game actually punishes someone from escaping a grab....so ridiculous).

In all truth...most people started playing Melee because they thought it wasn't going to be technical...then over time wanted more.

himynameisruss

Smash Journeyman
Well this topic here had a lot of funny comments in support for Brawl:

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=55317

Not saying Brawl sucks, but a bunch of their reasons for Brawl > Melee are nonsense.

examplesof what they said:

Brawl's character balance is much better.
Melee was nothing but 3 characters wavedashing.(and yet, I doubt the people who said that even know what wavedashing is...)
There were a few people who complained about advanced techniques in Melee, claiming that Brawl didn't have any cheap techniques.(lolinfinitecape)
thread made me cry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom