• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's the dumbest thing you've ever heard someone say about Smash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
crazi

Post a quote of a n00b saying something really stupid about SSBM. Here's mine.

"What did you say?Did you call me a n00b?I could destroy you!Who cares about those Baby Moves like Wave Dashing and junk!I could beat you with just simple attacks!"

:laugh:
yo, someone told me dat master hand would bite ganon's neck everytime he disobeyed him!!!

TheFast

Smash Lord
Person was playing pikachu, I was Doc.
" Oh yah, because a foot can be and electriclly charged head."

Enstead of trying to explain priority my reply was,
"Shoes have rubber bottoms duh ^_^"

L__

Smash Master
Sakurai went the wrong way with Brawl.

Brawl is not the same game as Melee, just apart of the franchise.

Get over it.

I'm talking to 99% of you who have < 500 posts.

KIngGerudo

Smash Lord
+5 rep for L. he states the truth about sakurai but in his mind, he made a good game and even he can make a mistake now and then.
I dont think it would be this bad if it went brawl>64> then melee in the terms of releasing the game

Clone Z

Smash Journeyman
I don't think its all Sakurai's fault.

Nintendo's emphasis on the casual audience was also a factor imo.

SpruceTengu

Smash Journeyman
Brawl is hella fun, it's just.. not.. the same.. : (

I mean, most of the stuff that made melee so amazingly competitive and skill-requiring was almost kinda accidental, right? It's almost like a beautiful, fortuitous blessing from the gods themselves...

Stupid thing i've heard said about melee?

A friend of mine *****ed endlessly that Roy's fsmash was broken while playing Peach and spamming Dsmash. : (

Miztik

Smash Master
brawl is fun but can be made gay so fast let me demonstrate.

*turns on wii, picks diddy kong vs sonic*

*match ends, diddy wins*

*Sonic Switches to metaknight*

*diddy player walks away*

Geist

Smash Master
I don't think its all Sakurai's fault.

Nintendo's emphasis on the casual audience was also a factor imo.
That was the factor. Nintendo's emphasis is shared by Sakurai.
Sakurai said in an interview that he does not like competition because it focuses on winning.
It's common knowledge in video game develpment that a game that doesn't give a reward for effort fails. Sakurai actually tried to make a game where you could not win, not knowing that people playing will be trying to beat one another.

On topic, some guy said he was MLG in melee. As soon as he started talking, all that came out of his mouth was pure BS. He was naming off fake pros, fake moves, and even tried to convince me you could unlock master hand, and he was banned in tourneys, along with Roy.

Eaode

Smash Champion
On topic, some guy said he was MLG in melee. As soon as he started talking, all that came out of his mouth was pure BS. He was naming off fake pros, fake moves, and even tried to convince me you could unlock master hand, and he was banned in tourneys, along with Roy.
Some kid in middle school overheard us talking about smash and he said "Yeah I have that game on PS2."

Binx

Smash Master
hahaha - Clone Z, nice

@ L___ : I think you have to compare them because they are in the same series of games, and the basic mechanics are the same.

they have distinct feels because the physics engines are so different. When I compare them I think of it this way, tech chasing in Brawl is done in the air instead of the ground, because there is so little hit stun, there are rarely ground tech chases because it makes more tactical sense to airdodge and land on your feet pretty much all times. The game is overall slower and floatier, that combined with a nerf in movement options (no dash dance, no wavedash) makes a deep game much more shallow. Also the top tier characters seem to dominate the lower characters a lot more ruthlessly than in melee, because of the way the game works the skill involved is lessened as well.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
How about the people that compare those two?
It's human nature to compare the original to the sequel.

Many people compare certain kirby games with another kirby game or a pokemon game with a pokemon game. Smash isn't different. Sometimes it get's out of hand but expressing that you like one game (as long as it's not flaming or done over and over) is fine.

Disclaimer: When I say that I mean if your asked which game you prefer it's fine to say I like melee/brawl. I don't mean making a new thread and saying

"I like brawl over melee" or vice-versa.

-:bowser:Bowser King

Geist

Smash Master
Comparing the two is bound to happen. They're the same series, so people are bound to take preferences, take sides and argue. But yeah, they're two very different games, and people try to relate the two way more than they should.
What really bugs me is when people compare two very different games. Not just different series, but genres. For instance, GTA vs. Super Mario Galaxy. >_>

Hey Bowser King, are you going to Genesis with GTA?

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
*After I super ninja the Fox I'm playing and expertly edge-hog him: for the match*...

"Now that was uncalled for! What's up with a cheap stunt like that?" Lolololololo.

NOHK

Smash Apprentice
uh i am not an advanced player by any means, but i do play with a few advanced techniques, an my friends have no idea what l-caceling, or teching is so i use alot of those this is what a conversation usually consists of:

person: dude....what the hell..
me: what dude? jesus all you do it *****
person: what the hell do you expect, everytime you fall you get right up again??? stop ****ing cheating!
me: dude, im not cheating.
person: watch then, let me hit you!
me: lmao no, quit *****in. (as i proceed to CG my buddy)
person: dude, ****in quit it! (leaves)
me: im over it (starts tech training)

that happens 60-70% of the time i play with my friends haha...

TidalWave

Smash Apprentice
If I had a dollar for every chaingrabbing sequence I ended just to keep the peace between roommates... ****.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
The absolute dumbest thing I've ever heard someone say about smash was actually said by two people:

Captain Falcon is gay.

I tried to reason with them, but they continued in insisting that he was incredibly gay.

Which brings me to the next question: Should I kill these individuals? And if so, how?

DRD

Smash Lord
The absolute dumbest thing I've ever heard someone say about smash was actually said by two people:

Captain Falcon is gay.

I tried to reason with them, but they continued in insisting that he was incredibly gay.

Which brings me to the next question: Should I kill these individuals? And if so, how?
falcon PAWNCH

Eaode

Smash Champion

Captain Falcon is gay.

I used to think this when I was a kid and played ssb64 with my brother. Mainly because he has gold nipples and yells "YEHS" after humping people.

I have since been shown the true path in life.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Someone told me L-Cancelling was a glitch, and so isn't the correct way to play.
What a ****ing tard.

ROFL?

Smash Cadet
"Smash Bros. is such an easy game. All you have to do is roll around a lot and shield."

"There's no depth to this game."

"I don't see what's so bad about Mewtwo's sidestep."

L__

Smash Master
hahaha - Clone Z, nice

@ L___ : I think you have to compare them because they are in the same series of games, and the basic mechanics are the same.

they have distinct feels because the physics engines are so different. When I compare them I think of it this way, tech chasing in Brawl is done in the air instead of the ground, because there is so little hit stun, there are rarely ground tech chases because it makes more tactical sense to airdodge and land on your feet pretty much all times. The game is overall slower and floatier, that combined with a nerf in movement options (no dash dance, no wavedash) makes a deep game much more shallow. Also the top tier characters seem to dominate the lower characters a lot more ruthlessly than in melee, because of the way the game works the skill involved is lessened as well.
The basic mechanics? Sakurai developed mechanics to completely tear apart the technique known as wavedashing by removing the ability to control where you DI by creating an airdodge that uses momentum.

L-Canceling was just totaled.

Moonwalking was removed,

Dashdancing was made pointless thanks to Sakurai basically shortening the dash animation.

Spamming was encouraged thanks to the new physics engine.

*Just stating the differences in the areas that matter in the competition we know today*

Regardless of those differences which created almost I would like to say 90% of the metagame that we know today.

It's human nature to compare the original to the sequel.

Many people compare certain kirby games with another kirby game or a pokemon game with a pokemon game. Smash isn't different. Sometimes it get's out of hand but expressing that you like one game (as long as it's not flaming or done over and over) is fine.

Disclaimer: When I say that I mean if your asked which game you prefer it's fine to say I like melee/brawl. I don't mean making a new thread and saying

"I like brawl over melee" or vice-versa.

-:bowser:Bowser King
It's human nature to compare? Human nature doesn't only involve that. Human nature is changing all the time and not all humans compare the sequel to the predecessor. I know for one that I am not one to be lame enough to actually spend time to compare different games of one franchise because that's pointless. If the two games were to be similar in game physics, mechanics, etc. there would be absolutely no point as to release a sequel.

Those people make me cry. <People that still compare different games of same/different franchises>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom