• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheep88

Smash Cadet
Hope they give back to Kirby a little of Smash 64 power..

And pikachu must have a bit of fur look!!...

Black/Light

Smash Master
I THINK I FOND A PATTERN!

When he first updated he did a "how to play" and than 2 vets the nest day followed by the gooey bomb than Pitt.

Now he did a "how to play" followed by 2 vets again. . . I think we will get another 2 vet update in 2 weeks (Fox/ Samus) and a new comer (MK probly) monday.

. . . I could be pushing it thou. . .

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
Nice going on the pattern. Maybe you are on to something.

You know, people, there are only 23 days for updates left now that weekends are, for some arbitrary reason, off.

Now, I can't see it being neccesary for Sakurai to get all ten confirmed smash siblings out before July 11th, but wouldn't that be the most logical? He has five left to go, anyway, and only the newcomers get two (or more) special moves outlined for their section...

The confirmed vets (from the trailers) are: Mario, Link, Pikachu, Kirby, Fox and Samus.
Sakurai has still to update for: Wario, Samus, Solid Snake and Metaknight.

Usually the vets are introduced in pairs, so we'll probably get Fox and Samus in one update...
I only wonder if the current pattern will allow for all newcomers to be introduced before July 11th.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Size fix0rs!

Hopefully!

Then again, Pikachu most likely won't be THAT small compared to Wario... but still!

GenG, you mean that Kirby's punch hitbox apparently extends far past his arm? I think the faint blur there might be his rapid A punch... although it is quite faint considering that.

GenG

Smash Lord
GenG, you mean that Kirby's punch hitbox apparently extends far past his arm? I think the faint blur there might be his rapid A punch... although it is quite faint considering that.
Is clearly an ancient and forbidden chi strike move mastered by Kirby. He is a badass now.

:cool:

Slater88

Smash Cadet
Then again, Pikachu most likely won't be THAT small compared to Wario... but still!
Wario probably just has a mushroom

Probably just knockback from one of Kirby's punches. Seems too far to be hitboxes.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
yeah nice update. Looking forward to the next.

btw has Zamus or Snake actually appeared in any of the screens posted on the new site yet?

Falcolegend

Smash Journeyman
^^^^^ neither have appeared as of yet. strange huh?

I don't think we'll see a samus profile for a while, as the whole Zamus/samus thing is pretty big IMO.

Zinc

Smash Apprentice
No.
But doesn't mean there not in.
Theres only like 2 genuine Screenshots with Pit in them, not counting his profile pictures.
and Kirby didn't appear in any screenshots until the Smash FInal picture came.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Nope, Samus (and ZSS) and Snake haven't appeared in any of these screens yet. Also of note is that we haven't seen the Mario Kart stage, the castle stage(s), or the Shadow Moses stage. That screen in Kirby's profile is the first we've seen of the Yoshi's Island stage since the second trailer, actually, and Fox has been getting quite a bit of screen time even though Samus was shown before him. (They could be saving Snake if they really are making him a secret character.)

Also, what Zinc and Falcolegend said.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Size fix0rs!

Hopefully!

Look how far it is in the old school Kirby games it's possible it may of extended
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3kIuLWvk-M

NukeA6

Smash Master
The way that Sakurai said about Kirby being the only character from Melee whose appearance hasn't changed much, makes me think that Mr. Game & Watch will be gone. Wario does got his weird movements anyway.

kabloodysun

Smash Apprentice
The way that Sakurai said about Kirby being the only character from Melee whose appearance hasn't changed much, makes me think that Mr. Game & Watch will be gone. Wario does got his weird movements anyway.
That means Puff could be gone too.

Sweet update with pika! Best update to me so far. Now he just needs to yell NESS at my face and I will be good to go!

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I wouldn't bet on any patterns, Sakurai can throw in as many items as he wants to just flesh out the updates.

NukeA6

Smash Master
That means Puff could be gone too.

Sweet update with pika! Best update to me so far. Now he just needs to yell NESS at my face and I will be good to go!
I wouldn't bet on that. They can still update Jiggly. Kirby didn't need it since he'd still look the same. He's just a pink ball with a mouth, eyes, pink flaps as arms, and two red shoes as feet.

Meta77

Smash Apprentice
I want some updates about things i dont know like new characters and items...not if kirby or pika are going to be in it. Thats common knowledge.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Exactly. Everyone has some stupid "pattern theory" around here.
Wow, I just noticed a simply repeated style to his updates (first update: Music/ Stage/ how to play followed by a 2 vet the next day and then a item. . .we got a new stage friday/ music monday/ item tuesday/ how to play weds/ 2 vets today).

Not really a "theory" as much as it's just noticing a repeated style over the course of 3 weeks.
there is no doubt that the original 12 characters will return
. . . Why? He never said they would and if he had it his way not all of them would have made it into melee (Im looking at you Ness).

And Its not like it's uncommon for old characters to be replaced in fighting games. . .

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
i still thought it was hillarious he pointed out kirby looks the same in melee as in brawl. sakurai is that much cooler in my book.

i still like that he pointed out pika is all-around, saying maybe he will be like his 64 instead of the nerfed pika in melee

hellsoldierx15

Smash Journeyman
We won't see samus until more is revealed regarding Metroid Prime...
that seems like the most knowledgeable thing. if samus's moves are going to be updated with features from MP3 (like link's update from TP) then your right, we probably wont get any news on her until more news on MP3 is revealed. i dont know about ZSS though. i guess they could updates her in the newcomers first.

HuntXxP

Smash Rookie
I want some updates about things i dont know like new characters and items...not if kirby or pika are going to be in it. Thats common knowledge.

dude they are giving out updates everyday for months and months...it only makes sense to release the more sought after information later on to keep us intrigued. They have hundreds of updates yet to make so they are using this infomration as filler. Also, this info isn't know by everyone; one must remember that those interested in Brawl may not have played melee or 64.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Well its a good update, metaknight cant be too far behind now, and im guessin the next to guys that will appear as returning are samus and fox, finally we'll be able to c samus in action, since we havent seen anything from her, except in the 1st trailer, but doubt that counts...

Still many bring up a good point, since zamus is nowhere to be found, maybe their just waiting til metroid prime 3 is released, or until more info on the game is revealed b4 revealing samus/zamus

Stryks

Smash Hero
Doubt we'l lget characters, maybe kirbys/links final?? yeah stage seems the obvious choise to me, we already got music, characters, items, how to play, so im guessin a stage, or a game mode...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom