• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
haha, I love how all the updates have the same 4-6 characters we have all seen. can you see his staff: "Do we still have to play with these guys?" sakurai: "YES! Now wario battle, slaves! We need more screenshots!"

AxemRed

Smash Journeyman
I just realized that the fourth Kirby screenshot takes place on the Yoshi's Island level. I'm glad that level's still there.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Okay, this is bugging me.

Kirby and Wario seem quite similar in size here.

And Kirby only seems to be slightly bigger than Pikachu in this one (not to mention is probably inflated while jumping)

So why...

Is Wario so God **** huge is this picture compared to Pikachu? Especially as it seems like they are both crouching. It almost looks like he's been super sized.

GenG

Smash Lord
For me, Wario is looking more towards the screen, so he seems bigger compared to Pikachu.

Stryks

Smash Hero
wario has a giant head, but a small body, and pikachu seems to be crawling so it looks smaller than usual, just wait til u get a screenshot where pikachu and wario are standing up rite...

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
They both look like they are crawling in that picture, I don't think Wario usually has his hands planted on the ground. Still looks bigger than it normally should be to me.

It could be the way they are facing the camera, but it still doesn't seem right.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
That bothered me a little too, but what also is bothering me is why there're hints of electricity in the "Yoshi's Island" screenshot as Kirby strikes Wario. He's not using an electric attack at all, so what's that coming from?

I'm also really glad that they've still yet to add Kirby's over-realistic inflated cheeks from Melee into Brawl. I always thought they looked out of place, and granted it may just be incomplete, but I'll enjoy it while I can...

. . . Why? He never said they would and if he had it his way not all of them would have made it into melee (Im looking at you Ness).
They wouldn't drop Ness. Why would they get rid of a character with a completely unique moveset? If they're getting rid of characters, it'll be ones that would be easily replaced and not missed, like Dr. Mario, or Pichu.

Falcolegend

Smash Journeyman
sorry to go off topic, but i rememba seein a thread here wer sum guy drew awesum kirby pics. The pics showed kirby wen he had sukd in certain characters, nd they were awesome. Just wanted to hav another look. Can anyone provide a link?

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
there is no doubt that the original 12 characters will return

Not necessarily. On the Kirby profile it says "he's the only character who really hasn’t changed much from his appearance in Super Smash Bros. Melee."

Jiggs looks like Kirby. Round, pink, soft. If Kirby really isn't the only one who hasn't changed much, it may be a clue that Jiggs is gone.

Then again that staement is opinionated. I think Pikachu doesn't look that different from his melee performance. Just alittle smoother.

I am almost CERTAIN that tomorrow we will get Yoshi (or at least Yoshi's stage). It will be perfect. Sakurai sets us up with a sparse update on Monday with Yoshi's stage song and then doesn't mention the guy for the rest of the week. Until the last day when everyone is kinda forgetting about Yoshi.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
sorry to go off topic, but i rememba seein a thread here wer sum guy drew awesum kirby pics. The pics showed kirby wen he had sukd in certain characters, nd they were awesome. Just wanted to hav another look. Can anyone provide a link?
http://fanewgie.atomic-fire.com/vault/kirbyhat6.png

You can of course see all of my Smash-related work at: http://fanewgie.atomic-fire.com/smash/

But direct all feedback to my thread in the artwork forums, don't clog this thread up with unnecessaries. ;)

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
Not necessarily. On the Kirby profile it says "he's the only character who really hasn’t changed much from his appearance in Super Smash Bros. Melee."

Jiggs looks like Kirby. Round, pink, soft. If Kirby really isn't the only one who hasn't changed much, it may be a clue that Jiggs is gone.

Then again that staement is opinionated. I think Pikachu doesn't look that different from his melee performance. Just alittle smoother.
I'm tempted to think that it was just another little bit altered in translation that everyone is going to take too seriously and read too deep into. The only details I read into are the ones in screenshots.

Although I completely agree, Pikachu didn't change that much either. He just has a slight texture going on now instead of being yellow plastic like in Melee.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I'm tempted to think that it was just another little bit altered in translation that everyone is going to take too seriously and read too deep into. The only details I read into are the ones in screenshots.

That is true. it is a translation and languages do not translate exactly. But I remember hearing that Pit was suppose to be in the first game, but was replaced with Jiggs since she was more popular (especially at the time) and Pit was very obscure.

Now I think Pit will be the one replacing Jiggs. Sakurai mentioned characters would get cut. And if that statement on Kirby's profile is true, then Game and Watch is most likely gone as well.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
Additional Thoughts for my previous post since these forums will not let me edit:

Although I completely agree, Pikachu didn't change that much either. He just has a slight texture going on now instead of being yellow plastic like in Melee. And come on, if Game and Watch stays, how could they possibly upgrade his appearance?

Sakurai might just be running with the gag of the first trailer, deliberately pointing out the slim graphic update.

I need to go take a break now, three (now four since I couldn't edit) posts in one page is a little much for me. ._.

Stryks

Smash Hero
unless they, obcourse, make GaW into 3d, with an actual look:

A black guy with a big nose and no hair, carrigin his turtle inside his parachute, with a bod spray hanging from his pants, with a checker flag in hand, a a giant match similair to a torch... :p

Black/Light

Smash Master
They wouldn't drop Ness. Why would they get rid of a character with a completely unique moveset? If they're getting rid of characters, it'll be ones that would be easily replaced and not missed, like Dr. Mario, or Pichu.
The fact that Sakurai said he wanted to drop Ness in melee for the new main character of Mother 3 (but couldn't because the game was canned at the time) proves my point.

He never said "only clones will leave" and, to be blunt, not every character in SSB is still what they where back then and 2 could very well be replaced. (Jpuff is no longer the populare pokemon in Japan and Ness is no longer the main character of his series)

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Well, Sakurai was actually considering to drop both Ness(well, replace really, Lucas would probably have fought the same) and Jigglypuff (though it turned out it was still one of the more popular pokemon at the time), so even if they have been in 2 games now, he may still decide to drop them. We'll just have to wait and see for now.

However, I think this whole Kirby not getting much of an upgrade deal is simply just a running gag from the first trailer. I don't think he had the non-confirmed characters in mind when he said that.

Cenedar

Smash Ace
Here's just hoping that Sakurai gets the other confirmed characters up soon so we can start seeing ones that HAVEN'T been watched to death in the trailers. Then again, that also seems stupidly optimistic considering E3 is still a month away...

And if he doesn't post new characters before E3, how about some more Final Smashes?

Toasty!

Smash Journeyman
Okay, this is bugging me.

Kirby and Wario seem quite similar in size here.

And Kirby only seems to be slightly bigger than Pikachu in this one (not to mention is probably inflated while jumping)

So why...

Is Wario so God **** huge is this picture compared to Pikachu? Especially as it seems like they are both crouching. It almost looks like he's been super sized.
Have you seen Wario Crawl? He sticks up farther because of his girth. Look at Pikachu. He's really close to the ground, more so than Wario. So they may be around the same, just their crawling is different.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yeah im bettin we'll gte Links fianl soon, and kirbys aint too far behind either... Ok so who do u think will be the next known newcomer added in the site? Im bettin its metaknight

I

i8waffles612

im thinking wario...

what do you guys possibly think is pikachu's final smash???

ilabb

Smash Apprentice
Pikachu's final smash will probably be Volt Tackle.

Also, I believe I remember somewhere that Sakurai said that the original 12 will be back for sure.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
what do you guys possibly think is pikachu's final smash???
Probably Discharge. It's the closest thing to an "ultimate" electric attack you can get... unless they give him Zap Cannon on one target instead of Discharge on everything.

Also, I believe I remember somewhere that Sakurai said that the original 12 will be back for sure.
I think that was just a rumor, and/or, part of that suspected fake info from the summit. I like to hope it's true, though.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Fanewgie... I love your style. Rawr!

If Jigglypuff got replaced, I wouldn't miss her in the least. And if she got replaced by someone like Gardevoir, I would celebrate.
Literally.

I'd bake a cake and wear a suit.

A good suit.

PS: I think Wario had a Super Mushroom, as someone previously suggested.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
I'd bake a cake and wear a suit.
When I first read that I thought you said "I'd bake a cake and wear it."O.o

Just don't go emo spidey on us.

Unfortunately, I have an exam when the site would be updated tomorrow, so I hope it's something interesting to look forward to.

SSoH

Smash Journeyman
Fanewgie... I love your style. Rawr!

If Jigglypuff got replaced, I wouldn't miss her in the least. And if she got replaced by someone like Gardevoir, I would celebrate.
Literally.
I wouldn't care either. She's a ****ing annoying character that's just there to piss people off.

I

i8waffles612

pikachu uses the ancient 'call of the pokemon', which calls forth every pokeball pokemon to attack at once. unfortunately pikachu gets lost in the confusion and dies.
that would actually be pretty cool... except for the part where he dies XD

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
Need more updates with special moves for Metaknight, Snake, and ZSamus special moves. I would also like to see how Zero suit and Samus dyanmic will work.

At least we got bios this time instead of "recovery" which should have been in how to play section in the beginning. >_>

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
Next Week: Either Wario, Metaknight, or both.
Week After: Fox, possibly Yoshi
After After: Snake or Samus
After After After: DK
I would argue that Peach, Bowser, Captain Falcon, Luigi, Zelda, and Ganondorf are all but confirmed.

Evil E.

Smash Ace
NNID
Elmoyounasty
Tomorrow's update will be Yoshi related. Its in the cards.
I should hope that tomorrows update is Yoshi-related. His song isn't good enough for me, although it's totally awesome club material. I'd be so excited if Yoshi got a bio tomorrow ;P
Sorry but its just not gonna happen tomro im suspecting another item or a game mode!!

Toasty!

Smash Journeyman
Today is the last update for the week. I say it's the Halberd or an Item.

If it's the Halberd, I'll scream, because I changed my guess from Halberd to item for today.

Fawriel

Smash Master
The most definite pattern we have so far is GaW's Chef Pattern: Random, but never the same consecutively.

boricuaboy

Smash Apprentice
Have you seen Wario Crawl? He sticks up farther because of his girth. Look at Pikachu. He's really close to the ground, more so than Wario. So they may be around the same, just their crawling is different.
To me it looks like Wario just swallowed a super mushroom thats my best guess.

For those of you who want to know if tommorows update will be an item go here and ask him he will tell you the truth... http://www.miniclip.com/games/ask-guru-joe/en/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom