• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Here are the local times when you can the update:

USA and Canada
Alaska (GMT -7): 7PM
West Coast (GMT -8): 8PM
Middle West (GMT -7): 9PM
Central (GMT -6): 10PM
Mexico (GMT -6): 10PM
East Coast (GMT -5): 11PM

United Kingdom (GMT 0): 4AM
Europe (GMT +1): 5AM

Also, head on over to this article on Joystiq to read up on the latest issue of Nintendo Power. All signs point to Sakurai starting up his daily blog.

So, you just checked The Official Site and found the countdown replaced with "Starting Today." What does this mean? Surely we must spend the next few hours posting "Starting today wtf" in the discussion thread.

Smashboards is getting hammered, so in the interest of clarity, I'm condensing the best guess as to what's going on in this thread.

As reported on the Nintendo site, Sakurai wants to release the new information when Japan is actually... awake. So, instead of going live at 11am est, it will be 11pm est today.

"Starting today" indicates to me that the rumors of a new developer's blog are true, with the first post going live in 12 hours.

Will we get a new character? New levels? Who knows. But lets keep all of the "omgs" to this thread and the already massive and bloated official discussion thread.

Omg.

Luk^Skywalker

Smash Rookie
Lol, we kinda got owned there...
Anyway, it sounds reasonable that they wouldn't show the new site when all of japan is asleep.
For the rest of us, a bit of disappointment, however it is almost certain that something new is coming up and i can't wait!
Hint* Hint* Release date! Hopefully!

lotor611

Smash Journeyman
hey sorry about posting pretty much the same topic. we must have posted at the same time. as the news progresses today i will just post here for organizations sake.

Charzendat

Smash Apprentice
A bit unfair really. Lets face it anyways, Midnight isn't exactly late and I reckon a significant portion of the Japanese Smash audience would of been waiting at midnight for the update. However they have the advantage of now sleeping for the majority of the next 12 hours, while we have to remain conscious and bare it. Expect for Europeans who have to remain conscious, sleep for a few hours and then wake up at 4-5am.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Can somoene post a link to the place where people are getting the "Delayed 12 hours" news from?

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
I am so going to laugh if Sakurai Rick Roll's us...

Seriously...

I would...

Then I would commit honorable samurai suicide.

And possibly push babie strollers out in traffic.

Chepe

Smash Lord
Yeah thats my thread, and they felt the need to lock it when I was bracing people for this... -_-

Would the mods have preferred no one know this could happen and have an apacolyptic explosion of WTF topics right now?

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
There'd be no need to lock threads if people were a bit more calm about the matter.
"OMG" we have to wait until it's Tuesday afternoon in Japan, which, if you've been paying attention, you would have deduced already, before this.
People don't have press conferences at midnight, and they wouldn't update the site before the press releases, now would they?

Chill out for the day, and if you want, stay up late to see what's shakin'. Otherwise, just get some sleep. The news will still be there tomorrow morning. Seriously. Go play something instead of flooding the boards with one sentence posts.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Chepe, it's my understanding that McFox closed the topic so that we could consolidate everything in one place. We don't need six different threads all talking about the lack of news.

That said, it's awfully nice to have someone to link to right now ;) as well as a thread that isn't gaining 2 pages every minute.

Destruction_King

Smash Ace
I like the fact that I live in California, and therefore will be getting my info at 8:00 PM.

Which means I STILL get my info today...

despite the fact I'll be in class. T_T

Chepe

Smash Lord
No real hard feelings it just felt a little insulting that my thread was interpreted as a "OMG 12 HOURS REMAIN" thread instead of what it was...

But I admit this thread is organized much better, so thank you for creating a stickyworthy thread to contain the insanity...

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
ok, someone do me a favor and check the site.

the message is not loading up, only the japanese script for me, I want to see if it is doing that to everyone else.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
See? You people need to remain oblivious until the last second like me. I accidentally clicked the "Smash Boards Podcast" on my FireFox browser and reminded me to come here. ^_^

Anyway I'm going to laugh if all we get is an asterisked modified projected release quarter. (which henceforth shall be known as AMPRQ)

Dante Lazarus

Smash Journeyman
A bit unfair really. Lets face it anyways, Midnight isn't exactly late and I reckon a significant portion of the Japanese Smash audience would of been waiting at midnight for the update. However they have the advantage of now sleeping for the majority of the next 12 hours, while we have to remain conscious and bare it. Expect for Europeans who have to remain conscious, sleep for a few hours and then wake up at 4-5am.
yeah, but nobody gives a d@mn about the europeans... they never get anything first... ever!
except strikers charged online... which, nobody is really sure why... but still, fu(c)k them...

hellsoldierx15

Smash Journeyman
i think this was a smart move by Sakurai. he wouldnt go and release the info at midnight in japan and let the majority of the info be viewed in the americas. i think his first and formost priority is letting his fellow people see the news first.

Jmac

Smash Rookie
@ethanrodgers223
Calm Down Calm Down. You have to wait till 4am ish if u live in europe. right now in Japan it is about 02.50am so 9 hours and 10 minutes is how long u have to wait... providing they release the info at 12 prompt.

P.S no need to double post you only waited two minutes, be patient :)

P.S.S Hi everyone, just realised this was my first post lol

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
See? You people need to remain oblivious until the last second like me.
I agree completely. Go do something else instead of waiting at a computer. :p

And for those of us who have seven page essays due the next day and haven't even started, we want this day to drag on as long as possible.

Hoodie

Smash Journeyman
hah, Nice to know I gotta wait till tomorrow, I gotta work from 5pm-midnight Ca time tonight, The website will probably be open when I get home tonight though, so its all good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom