• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***What's going on with Smashbros.com?***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheep88

Smash Cadet
Holy crap, I didnt see the bubble at all.

Good theory, might be in Sakurai's plan.. would change the attack system a lot.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
About Mario's recovery:

I'm pretty sure no one has pointed this out (I've been reading through these forums for the past few weeks), but one of the screenshots Sakurai gives shows Mario grabbing the ledge. Click on the picture to enlarge it (or click here). Do you see that bubble enclosing both the ledge and his hands? What's that all about?

I was thinking that there may be a different system in Brawl for grabbing onto the edge. Perhaps that bubble will shield your hands from attacks like Falco's downsmash. Maybe once you grab the ledge, the bubble begins to shrink, and when it pops, you fall off the edge.

Any thoughts?
You can catch it in Melee too, it's just a small special effect. I think it happens when you and an opponent attack at the same time and deflect each other's attacks, too.

Good observation, though.

chAvo

Smash Cadet
About Mario's recovery:

I'm pretty sure no one has pointed this out (I've been reading through these forums for the past few weeks), but one of the screenshots Sakurai gives shows Mario grabbing the ledge. Click on the picture to enlarge it (or click here). Do you see that bubble enclosing both the ledge and his hands? What's that all about?

I was thinking that there may be a different system in Brawl for grabbing onto the edge. Perhaps that bubble will shield your hands from attacks like Falco's downsmash. Maybe once you grab the ledge, the bubble begins to shrink, and when it pops, you fall off the edge.

Any thoughts?
Dude, play a little more melee because that happens every time a characters grab the ledge. And yes it is an effect on melee, just get the timing right.

jdironfist

Smash Cadet
I noticed that, but I thought it was just an effect and not gameplay-wise.
It's very possible. It's not an effect in Melee, right? I tried to check it out, but I couldn't pause at the right time.

*EDIT* Missed what you two said.

CutMet

Smash Journeyman
You can see it easier, by going to training mode, setting the camera to zoom, then grabbing the edge, the bubble is quite visible. You get some frames of invincibility when you grab the edge as well.

Toasty!

Smash Journeyman
There's a glitch on the site. I looked at What are Poke Balls? and it had a picture of Groudon instead of Fox throwing a Poke Ball.

Yomon

Smash Apprentice
OMG! YES! INFO ON THE CONTROLLERS!
This has to be the best update by far O_O;

Edit: Very interesting, four different control styles. That's crazy.
He's keeping a secret about the Classic Controller. I wonder if it has something to do with that weird clasp thing going on with the back of the controller. NVM, I was reading too fast and making up things... he said "wii remote" and not "classic controller".

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
OMG! YES! INFO ON THE CONTROLLERS!
This has to be the best update by far O_O;
Holy crap.

I ... really was not expecting that until E3.

Sakurai blows my mind with spontaneous updates yet again.

Edit: The best part about this is everyone wins, and no one loses.

Pegasus Knight

Smash Ace
And that, right there, is a fantastic update. That's the sort of thing that's really good to know. Tournaments can still run 'wired controllers only' to prevent wireless overlap/interference, casual play can use either kind of wireless pad...or even the typical Wii controls. It'll be interesting indeed to see what kind of control scheme they came up with, but this update was definitely a load off the mind.

gnosis

Smash Lord
I'd just like to say I just breathed a sigh of relief.

It was logical, and almost-confirmed, but seeing that Gamecube controller in such an official manner is nice.

TheBlackrose

Smash Journeyman
holy crap this is amazing i wanted to scream but the wimote on its side is crazy i also think the game will be released soon becuz he said if i get the chance! could mean that the game will come out before he gets to explain alll the functions in all the different languages

TheBlackrose

Smash Journeyman
actually if u look and count the buttons all the controllers make sense the only thing that doesn't seem usable is jumping maybe shake the controller and no c stick but the classic controller has everything tho it just doesn't feel right tho

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
i wouldnt go that far Pheonix lol, but this is definitately the best update so far and it makes perfect sense. all 4 setups have enough buttons so u can use em all.

VA

Smash Hero
actually if u look and count the buttons all the controllers make sense the only thing that doesn't seem usable is jumping maybe shake the controller and no c stick but the classic controller has everything tho it just doesn't feel right tho
What about the fact that the side turned wii remote has no analogue controls, thus making tilt attacks pretty difficult. No doubt it will have to implement some motion sensing then.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
sweet update. Friday's always seem to be the best. I wonder if any will implement motion control?

Drascin

Smash Journeyman
And smashers all around the world smiled in relief when they had their expectations confirmed. It's really good to know. And I think I'll try pretty much every control scheme, just for fun, though I'll probably stay with GC controllers for more serious play. I gota get me some classic pad if I want to try it.

Black/Light

Smash Master
holy crap this is amazing i wanted to scream but the wimote on its side is crazy i also think the game will be released soon becuz he said if i get the chance! could mean that the game will come out before he gets to explain alll the functions in all the different languages
Thats what I thought. . . .but he might decide to lessen the amount of updates later so IDK.

This is a pretty sweet day for ME! First I set up a nice lil date with miss big t**s pokey fangirl and now this crazy cool update. . .:chuckle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom